Religion In Schools - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate News And Just About Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Religion In Schools
in Religion

By WowsilWowsil 134 Pts
Mother: How was your first day at high school dear.

Son: Aw well, we got some real lame homework, like this question here: "What is the difference between Jesus Christ and Donald Trump?"

Mother: That's easy. One is a charismatic, egotistical, lying con-man and the other is the president of the U.S.A.

Son: What about this question here though: "What is the difference between God and Hitler?"

Mother: That's an easy one too. Hitler actually existed and he wasn't THAT bad.
Are you having religious lessons?

Son: Sort of. We are learning about religion as part of Mythology. Also, during English when we learn about using satire.

Mother: How about science.

Son: Are you joking?

Mother: Are there any interesting new students in your class?

Son: Well yeah, there is this new Muslim kid who just Emmy Grated here.

Mother: Immigrated dear.

Son: Yeah well, some Christian kids reckoned that he had a bomb in his backpack so after school, they grabbed it off him and threw it in the river.

Mother: What? They threw his new backpack with his laptop and school books in the river?

Son: No, just the bomb.

Mother: (!!!!!!?????)

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

• @Wowsil:

Here you go again with your bizarre anti religious rhetoric;

Son: Yeah well, some Christian kids reckoned that he had a bomb in his backpack so after school, they grabbed it off him and threw it in the river.

"Mother: What? They threw his new backpack with his laptop and school books in the river?

Son: No, just the bomb.

Mother: (!!!!!!?????)"

You're odd and weird. 
    Zombieguy1987
  • I bet you must have watched "Family Guy" once and decided it was odd, weird, and offensive. I know your type.

But when you look at a guy like Seth Macfarlane, he is a really cool, switched-on, positive, outgoing guy.
    Some people choose to dislike his style of dark, on the nose humor but, Geeziz, if you can't have a decent laugh or articulate your ideas in the same way, you may as well be a nerdy office clerk living a meager existence and never cause a single ripple....what's the point of it? 
    @TTKDB
  • @Wowsil:

Nope, I don't watch family guy.

I watch the news, I see how some in society mistreat society as a whole, on a yearly basis. 

I see how you verbally go after the religious kids and parents with your anti religious rhetoric and I think you're a sad individual.

"But when you look at a guy like Seth Macfarlane, he is a really cool, switched-on, positive, outgoing guy.
    Some people choose to dislike his style of dark, on the nose humor but, Geeziz, if you can't have a decent laugh"

So you want others to embellish themselves on your dark on the nose humor, and have a laugh at the expense of your harassing of the religious kids and parents by what you say about them? 

Zombieguy1987
  • "So you want others to embellish themselves on your dark on the nose humor, and have a laugh at the expense of your harassing of the religious kids and parents by what you say about them?" 

Yes....and your point being?
    If you ever do have a point, that is.

My point is that all humor is at the expense of somebody's misfortune but it allows us to make pertinent comments in a light-hearted way.
    Contrast that with the morbid, doom and gloom, guilt and fear, lying, deceiving, manipulative, controlling ways of the theists I target.

You may as well accuse the police of persecution for whacking a serial killer in the slammer.
    And I don't harass religious kids. I go to great lengths to highlight the injustices and vulgarity of parents and authorities who psychologically abuse impressionable children with religion.  
    @TTKDB
  • @Wowsil:

Where is your evidence/ facts to back this verbal rhetoric from you up?

"And I don't harass religious kids. I go to great lengths to highlight the injustices and vulgarity of parents and authorities who psychologically abuse impressionable children with religion."

And your anti religious opinion and attitude doesn't count.

No matter how much you run your mouth via this forum or others.

Have you in real life interviewed religious parents and told them how you view the way that they are raising their kids? 

Tell them that your athiest mindset would be better for them then how they are raising their kids? 

There's two interview questions that you could ask the religious parents right to their faces.

Go talk to some non Internet or website people who don't live and think like you do.

And see what the religious parents say to you.

Otherwise you're wasting people's time with your anti religious attention seeking attitude problem. 
  • I have no problem with it at all.

I'm the one taking a neutral position and exposing religion for what it is....a completely contrived and failed system of control for manipulating others.
    @TTKDB
  • I do find it rather amusing that there are many posts making ad hominem attacks on the author but not one post addressing the issues raised in the topic, that of relationships between school children of different faiths.

Could it be that the subject matter is too sensitive or intellectual for some to grasp that leads them to divert the topic and resort to nothing better than personal vitriol?
  • I think it is a good idea. The radical leftists took pray out of schools because they hate Christians and their rights.
    Polaris95Zombieguy1987
    https://www.blueletterbible.org/ Feel free to click my signature for Bible study. That's what it's there for!
    http://prewrathrapture.com/
    https://prewrathministries.org/

• "The radical leftists took pray out of schools because they hate Christians and their rights"

Moderate normal people stopped prayer in schools because it contravenes the rights of children to not be influenced by gratuitous lies and deception, and morbid doom and gloom shoved down their throats through guilt and fear.

Christians can jump up and down and cry foul and selfishly demand what they consider are their rights as much as they want but they arrogantly and ignorantly show no consideration whatsoever for human rights.
    @YeshuaBought
    Zombieguy1987YeshuaBought
  • @Wowsil:

These words from you aren't an attack on the religious parents? 

"And I don't harass religious kids. I go to great lengths to highlight the injustices and vulgarity of parents and authorities who psychologically abuse impressionable children with religion."

But you're being attacked?

I'm about to create a debate with your above commentary, and we'll see what the religious parents think about your anti religious view of them?

Because apparently you're to comfortable pushing your anti religious rhetoric from your computer, instead of interviewing the religious parents and asking them some questions? 

• OK @Wowsil, so to what lengths would you go to "highlight the injustices and vulgarity of parents and authorities who psychologically abuse impressionable children with religion."?

Be more specific than that? 
    Nobody's gonna take you for anything but a big bag bang of wind of you don't give us facts...
  • Religion should be taught as history, not as doctrine. Praying in schools makes perhaps a little sense if literally everyone was part of the same religious group (e.g Christianity). But we know that is not the case in any western country. There are many non-Christian children in the US and Europe. In fact, by Secondary school, almost every one of my classmates was agnostic. Religion is a very important part of history, but learning prayers and reciting them everyday is not part of a history lesson. That is teaching religion as doctrine. This has nothing to do with hatred towards Christianity, it just makes no sense that in a secular government-funded public school, there are mandated prayers.
    Zombieguy1987Nope
  • @Wowsil Freedom of religion is in the 1 Amendment, freedom from religion is not. You don' have the right to remove that religious liberty from any school. I wont insult you, but I will call you out on your antichristian bigotry. I have the right to pray anywhere I want.
    Zombieguy1987Pieter
    https://www.blueletterbible.org/ Feel free to click my signature for Bible study. That's what it's there for!

• There should absolutely be no religion taught in schools,it is a family matter? In my atheist world religion would not exist.
    Zombieguy1987
  • Religion is the worst thing humanity has invented (besides flat earth and nuclear weapons) and unless it’s in say a catholic school or other religious school, shouldn’t be taught because religion is full of lies that have disproven time and time again 
    Pieter
  • @Zombieguy1987:

What do you view as worse, the illegal act of the alcohol abuser who year after year, for 80 plus years by illegally driving drunk on the roadways of this country? 

When a drunk driver illegally drives drunk, isn't the drunk driver maybe in a sense lying to themselves by driving drunk when it's illegall to do so? 

What do you view as worse, when a drugged driver illegally drives while high on weed and or the other illegal drugs, are they not maybe not in a sense as well lying to themselves by driving while high on illegal drugs when it's illegal to do so? 

People in general lie about various things often, but let's call Religion out when some of the anti religious want to platform their anti religious rhetoric atop of that (lies) conversation point? 

Zombieguy1987
  • ("Freedom of religion is in the 1 Amendment, freedom from religion is not. You don' have the right to remove that religious liberty from any school. I wont insult you, but I will call you out on your antichristian bigotry. I have the right to pray anywhere I want.")

Religious liberty does not give whacko religious addicts the right to shove unproven, ill-founded lies and deceit into the minds of impressionable children.

For example, "you will be saved" is not only a lie but is enforcing a doctrine through guilt and fear. It is tantamount to child abuse and I'm sure that you will find that covered appropriately in the Amendment. It is simply unacceptable to offer the blanket excuse of "we believe" as a pathetic excuse for forcefully promoting such doom and gloom in others.

So, do you think that you have the right to pray whilst driving a car, do you?
    @YeshuaBought

Zombieguy1987Pieter
  • I think that, owing to the fear and guilt tactics used in teaching religion, it should not be taught in religious schools. 
    Society should wean itself off having religious hospitals and schools anyway.
    @Zombieguy1987
    Zombieguy1987
  • @Wowsil:

Care to comment? 

What do you view as worse, the illegal act of the alcohol abuser who year after year, for 80 plus years by illegally driving drunk on the roadways of this country? 

When a drunk driver illegally drives drunk, isn't the drunk driver maybe in a sense lying to themselves by driving drunk when it's illegal to do so? 

What do you view as worse, when a drugged driver illegally drives while high on weed and or the other illegal drugs, are they not maybe not in a sense as well lying to themselves by driving while high on illegal drugs when it's illegal to do so? 

People in general lie about various things often, but let's call Religion out when some of the anti religious want to platform their anti religious rhetoric atop of that (lies) conversation point? 

Let me guess, you've maybe lied before, but because it's wasn't a lie revolving around religion your version of telling a lie to whoever is better than a lie revolving around religion, right? 
  • @Wowsil, you haven't answered to my question yet...

OK @Wowsil, so to what lengths would you go to "highlight the injustices and vulgarity of parents and authorities who psychologically abuse impressionable children with religion."?

Be more specific than that? 
    Nobody's gonna take you for anything but a big bag of wind of you don't give us facts...
  • "you haven't answered to my question yet"

That's right...... because it is a loaded open-ended question.
    And, I don't know what you mean by "that", as in "Be more specific than that?" and why the statement has a question mark.
    In other words, I don't know what the f*** you are talking about.
    Do you?
    And are you anxiously awaiting to repeat year 2 again?
    So many questions need to be answered, don't they?
    @Pieter
  • Come on, don't be a .
    An alcoholic driving a car on weed every day probably wouldn't last more than a week without coming to grief, let alone 80 years.
    But you have raised a very good point.
    One has to wonder how theists who believe in lies and lie in order to maintain their deluded state don't come to grief within a couple of days.

Now, let's put the whole lot together, and what do we get?

Yes, the notorious Saylor case, which I have reported on before both here and on DDO.
    A car full of devout Christians who didn't have a clue what the "N" means on the gear selector and the deluded driver who thought God was going to save them....his last words were, "hold on and pray".

Unfortunately for them, God must have been busy whipping up a few tsunamis or dropping pianos at the time because he didn't hear their prayers and then.........
     20100223__100224crash1a.jpg
    @TTKDB
  • @Wowsil:

More odd commentary from you.

You're blaming God for what happened in the story that you highlighted? 

"A car full of devout Christians who didn't have a clue what the "N" means on the gear selector and the deluded driver who thought God was goin to save them....his last words were, "hold on and pray".

Unfortunately for them, God must have been busy whipping up a few tsunamis or dropping pianos at the time because he didn't hear their prayers and then."

And then you shared a picture of the mangled car to emphasize your anti religious rhetoric point of view with it? 

That's sad and creepy.

Is this more of the so called (humor) that you were alluding to from before?

Your family guy reference? 
  • It's no joke.
    Obviously, you didn't look up the well-reported Saylor case, did you?

@TTKDB
  • @Wowsil

I have a quote for you... Don't argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and win you with experience.
    Zombieguy1987
  • @Wowsil Religious liberty and freedom of speech are rights. If you don't like it, don't participate, but you don't have the right to stop people from reading the Bible and praying. Prayer is an absolute right.
    Zombieguy1987Pieter

• "Religious liberty and freedom of speech are rights. If you don't like it, don't participate, but you don't have the right to stop people from reading the Bible and praying. Prayer is an absolute right."

You know very well that I made no issue whatsoever on those points.

What I did take issue over you seem rather unwilling to respond.
    For example, "I have the right to pray anywhere I want." those are your words.

.....Do you think your "absolute right" includes praying to your God on the steps of a Mosque or in a classroom of children who don't share your belief or, whilst driving a car, thus distracting your attention and being a danger to other road users?

You may think that you have "absolute rights" however my point is that is a very ignorant and arrogant statement to make in view of the examples I have presented to you (which you refuse to address) and which infringe human rights.
    @YeshuaBought
  • @Wowsil Religious liberty and freedom of speech are rights. If you don't like it, don't participate, but you don't have the right to stop people from reading the Bible and praying. Prayer is an absolute right.
    Again, schools have the right to remove prayer, or stop people from reading the bible. You're rights end when you enter the building
    CYDdharta
  • @Wowsil Student have the right to poray and read the Bible anywhere they want. 
    Zombieguy1987

• "Student have the right to poray and read the Bible anywhere they want. "

You are wrong.

Students, or anyone else for that matter, do not have the right to pray and read the Bible anywhere they want.

You do not have an "absolute right" ; you made it up and there is not one sensible declaration that says so.
    That sort of talk comes from hardened, ignorant, arrogant, elitist religious nuts who seem to think that they are exclusive to everybody else and own the world. 
    @YeshuaBought
  • @Wowsil:

You expressed this; 

"You are wrong.

Students, or anyone else for that matter, do not have the right to pray and read the Bible anywhere they want.
    You do not have an "absolute right" ; you made it up and there is not one sensible declaration that says so.
    That sort of talk comes from hardened, ignorant, arrogant, elitist religious nuts who seem to think that they are exclusive to everybody else and own the world."

Are you judging (YeshuaBought) with your anti religious points of view? 

Are you through your anti religious stance going to ban the religious from reading the Bible via the internet? 

"Students, or (anyone else for that matter,) do not have the right to pray and read the Bible anywhere they want."

Are you going to ban the anti religious individuals from reading the Bible anywhere, being that a common practice with some of them is to dissect the Bible verse by verse to downplay the Bible for their anti religious talking points making purposes? 

Might that not irk some of your anti religious cohorts? 

Wowsil: 

Do you have some sort of an "Anti Religious Bill Of Rights' somewhere, that you've had written up and ratified by whoever, that can support these words from you?

'Students, or anyone else for that matter, do not have the right to pray and read the Bible anywhere they want.

You do not have an "absolute right" ; you made it up and there is not one sensible declaration that says so."

• That was not an anti-religion post.
    It was an anti-moron post.
    If somebody is so arrogant to thinks they have a right to do whatever they want they deserve every bit of what they do get.
    There is no place in civilized society for those who carry on as if they own the world whether they are religious or not....don't you think? 
    @TTKDB
  • @Wowsil:

So who via your anti religiously filled estimation is acting like this? 

"There is no place in civilized society for those who carry on as if they own the world whether they are religious or not....don't you think?"

• So who via your anti religiously filled estimation is acting like this? 

YeshuaBought, that is who, just check back on her posts in this thread.

Even if it were an atheist carrying on like that, I would expose that sort of insolent crap it for what it is.

Even in DDO, she demonstrated that she has a kangaroo loose in the top pasture and certainly hasn't changed since.
    @TTKDB
  • Religion should be kept out of schools as it has nothing to do with the education of children and has no place in establishments who’s role is to educate 
    Zombieguy1987
  • @Joeseph:

And your anti religious attitude and opinion, should it maybe be viewed as a possible pillar of education?

If you view the religious parents and kids as indoctrinated sheeple, then doesn't how you label and call people names diminish how you're apparently trying to educate people with your anti religious rhetoric, by being divisive with your ideological teachings? 

Zombieguy1987
  • @Wowsil:

You have (religiously) authored anti religious forum after forum because apparently you need a plethora of forum to essentially make the same anti religious point of view, but just worded differently, is there an explanation for that?

Or is that just how your anti religious mindset works? 

Pieter
  • @TTKDB ;
    Religion being taught in schools is a bunch of lies that are meant to get kids into a cult and ignore the facts about the world, not to mention but say things like homosexuality is a sin, even though it's not....

I'm shocked you find this to be acceptable in today's society. 

Oh yeah, and this. And Yeshua says praying is good. I'm some of the people who died would agree, right?

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0geKWaqU5Zbq6oAEoIPxQt.?p=victims+of+religion&fr=yhs-arh-001&fr2=piv-web&hspart=arh&hsimp=yhs-001&type=xy_d15f4323&vm=r
  • Two forums do not constitute a plethora, do they?
    I contribute to this forum for the same reasons as anybody else. If for some reason, someone doesn't agree with what I say then it is tough titties.
    What irks me is that I go to great lengths to contribute arguments that are reasoned, informed, logical and valid whilst many replies lack any of those qualities and consist of gratuitous vitriol and unqualified rebuttals.

I suppose it stands to reason since those who do oppose my views are theists who usually lack reason and logic when making conclusions. Which in turn, is indicative of accepting unreasoned and illogical views in the form of religion in the first place.

A vicious circle, don't you think?
    @TTKDB
  • @Wowsil:

I'm going to go and paste and copy your other forums and reshare them here.

And then you can defend their weirdness with your family guy humor defense? 
  • @TTKDB

You say .......

And your anti religious attitude and opinion, should it maybe be viewed as a possible pillar of education?

My reply  , it should indeed as I was once like you and the sheeple as in indoctrination , to escape the cluchtes of ignorance education does indeed help 

You say .......If you view the religious parents and kids as indoctrinated sheeple,

My reply ..... They are that’s a fact 

You say ......then doesn't how you label and call people names

My reply ..... I’m not labeling them they are indoctrinated your denial is absurd , how is that name calling ?

You say .....diminish how you're apparently trying to educate people with your anti religious rhetoric, by being divisive with your ideological teachings? 

My reply .....I’m not trying to educate anyone I’m putting my views across it’s a debate site you know ? 

• "I'm going to go and paste and copy your other forums and reshare them here.
    And then you can defend their weirdness with your family guy humor defense?"

I have already beaten you to that one....if you care to backtrack you will find that most of my threads have been copied from the "plethora" of forums.

So, there you go...I have already named and shamed myself.

Maybe I can go through the "plethora" of forums that you have posted on and count the number of question marks but then, I simply would have nowhere near the time needed to do that.

@TTKDB
  • Have you noticed how TDK always places a question mark at the end of each sentence?
    I'm no psychologist, however, this could be an indication of having a kangaroo loose in the top pasture, lost a tile during re-entry, sandwich short of a picnic...get my drift.

@Joeseph
  • @Wowsil:

How many forum's have you authored.

The attention addict, needs your fix don't you wowsil.

• @Wowsil

Yes I have indeed noticed at least 15 questions in every reply .... Over here we say people like him are “not the full shilling “  ....”Not the sharpest tool in the box “etc ,etc .

We have to accept the simple fact that the American educational system seems to excel at turning out a fair proportion of these religious loons , there are some prime examples on here I think you would agree 
  • "We have to accept the simple fact that the American educational system seems to excel at turning out a fair proportion of these religious loons , there are some prime examples on here I think you would agree"

I get the impression that the "problem" with religion in America is that it is more a matter of inherent culture and influence.

Contrast this with here in Australia where the rate of theism is much lower and there is very little political influence. For example, we had a Prime Minister (Julia Gillard) recently who was not only a woman and unmarried but she was openly atheist. I could not imagine a US politician with those credentials getting anywhere near spitting distance of the Whitehouse.  
    @Joeseph
  • "How many forum's have you authored.

The attention addict, needs your fix don't you wowsil."

Ummm, excuse me but I think the "?" on your keyboard has worn down for some reason and no longer working.
    @TTKDB
  • @Wowsil:

You're going to harass the question mark key on a keyboard wowsil.

Wowsil did you feed your attention addiction mindset by asking that question. 
  • Seems to be still not working.
    A bit like the left side of a black man's backside really.

Not right and unfair.
    @TTKDB
  • @Wowsil:

Can you explain to the website exactly what these words from you mean? 

"Seems to be still not working.
    A bit like the left side of a black man's backside really.

Not right and unfair."

What does your quotation have to do with "religion in schools?"