Does Google know everything? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.


The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Does Google know everything?
in Earth Science

I've come across a problem recently while trying to get globe earth proponents to snap out of their trance, and come to the realization, as I have, that there is no curvature to the earth. I'll try my best to explain it in a way that even a third grader can understand, because frankly, the site seems to be littered with third graders. No competent adult has argued for the globe as of lately.

You can pull up a Google search engine from laptops, a smartphone, a desktop PC, a Mac, or a tablet, amongst others. When "googling" something, nearly everything you ask, Google, within a second, will give you an accurate answer. You can ask Google, "what is the distance between Japan and Greenland, and in under one second, Google will tell you:




You can, within a click or two, determine the miles, kilometers, or even nautical miles between those locations, and more. 

You can even ask Google questions like: what are the dimensions, in inches, of the Washington monument? Within a second, you have your accurate answer:


6,666 inches, and 666 inches wide. 

Now to a flat earth scientist, the amount of allowed curvature between two points, IF the earth were a ball is important. Testing to see if that allowed amount of curvature is imperative to test and see if that curvature is there, which is a deciding factor on the shape of the earth. Ergo, if the alleged amount of curvature is not there, then the earth couldn't possibly be a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference, as modern astronomy claims.

But when asking Google these questions, it won't give me an accurate answer. For instance the question: " how much curvature is there between Hawaii and Los Angeles?" Brings up biased sources, either flat Earth website, or anti- flat Earth websites, none giving an accurate answer to the question in particular.


So, does Google not recognize that there is curvature between Hawaii and California? It appears so. So, until Google recognizes that the earth is or isn't a ball, I'll have to rely on calculating that alleged curvature the old fashioned way. 
someone234Zombieguy1987Plaffelvohfen
Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer



Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +



Arguments

  • someone234someone234 637 Pts
    edited September 2018
    Google does know everything. This is not a joke. Of all the corporations involved in Illuminati, Google is the one that knows what the rest know. Google is the most Noble one which is why flat earthers are always welcome on YouTube and Google search results while facebook and Instagram have been known to suppress them. Twitter is different, it oppresses rudeness without mercy but controversial views it seems welcome to so be a flat earther on Twitter if you want.
    Zombieguy1987Plaffelvohfen
  • How do you think the Google search algorithm work?

    Why would you presume that when asking the curvature between two points should present the same type of result as a common distance search?
  • Gooberry said:
    How do you think the Google search algorithm work?

    Why would you presume that when asking the curvature between two points should present the same type of result as a common distance search?
    Something that is considered a truism, such as the alleged curvature of the earth, should be commonly known, and taught in school, especially since the formula is so simple, that at the very least, the mega search engine should be able to convey a widely accepted measurement, right?

    Why wouldn't it?
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

    Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

    The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

    Wayne Dyer
  • Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    How do you think the Google search algorithm work?

    Why would you presume that when asking the curvature between two points should present the same type of result as a common distance search?
    Something that is considered a truism, such as the alleged curvature of the earth, should be commonly known, and taught in school, especially since the formula is so simple, that at the very least, the mega search engine should be able to convey a widely accepted measurement, right?

    Why wouldn't it?

    Firstly, let’s correct some basic factual errors. That earth being curved is taught in schools, more maths related to it is taught as basic radius, arc etc: only some of which appear in google searches as conversions. But most don’t. Chords, arcs, etc don’t appear in google either. nor does a lot of gravity and force equations. So simpler maths show up: likes the earth’s diameteter, area, degrees per mile: but not how many degrees for a given number of miles: even though the maths is simple.

    So the idea that this is somehow some left out mathematics is wildly innacurate, and completely ignores what Google actually does and doesn’t do.


    Now why wouldnt google do it? That’s actually easy - if you have a basic understanding of computer science, algorithms, etc.

    How do you think google implements and displays conversion information?




  • "Firstly, let’s correct some basic factual errors. That earth being curved is taught in schools, more maths related to it is taught as basic radius, arc etc: only some of which appear in google searches as conversions."

    Where is the factual error that I made? The earth is being taught in schools. True. If you asked Google a basic algebra problem, it wouldn't take long to find an answer from Google. If you asked Google what the distance between two point on this alleged sphere, it wouldn't take long to find an answer from Google. Why is it so hard to correlate the two? This is why Google is so popular, making simple equations and problems easier to research, but not the curvature of the earth?
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

    Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

    The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

    Wayne Dyer
  • Erfisflat said:
    "Firstly, let’s correct some basic factual errors. That earth being curved is taught in schools, more maths related to it is taught as basic radius, arc etc: only some of which appear in google searches as conversions."

    Where is the factual error that I made? The earth is being taught in schools. True. If you asked Google a basic algebra problem, it wouldn't take long to find an answer from Google. If you asked Google what the distance between two point on this alleged sphere, it wouldn't take long to find an answer from Google. Why is it so hard to correlate the two? This is why Google is so popular, making simple equations and problems easier to research, but not the curvature of the earth?
    The factual error you made, is ignoring all the other equations, maths, simpler calculations, etc: including almost everything but the most basic trigonometry calculations.

    Its cherry picking: you are manufacturing a problem, by ignoring all the other instances where it doesn’t do it.

    You do it again, by ignoring all the others very simple ways google will point you in the direction of calculators: for refraction, force: and the curvature of the earth.

    its like you’re ignoring every other type of maths that is simpler and more useful that google also doesn’t provide a quick link for - and ignore all the easy and accurate links google makes to curvature calculators.

    Considering your whole premise seems predicated on curvature calculators not appearing in google as being somehow abnormal - your entire premise is destroyed by that basic information. Google not providing quick links is pretty standard behaviour for almost every type of maths. So if it doesn’t do it for - say - potential energy - why should it do for a less useful, less widely used type of calculation.

    Now, I also asked you how you thought google implemented its conversations and distance reporting:

    That’s important as it helps me determine what knowledge or understanding when answering “how hard is it to correlate the two?”
  • Erfisflat said:
    "Firstly, let’s correct some basic factual errors. That earth being curved is taught in schools, more maths related to it is taught as basic radius, arc etc: only some of which appear in google searches as conversions."

    Where is the factual error that I made? The earth is being taught in schools. True. If you asked Google a basic algebra problem, it wouldn't take long to find an answer from Google. If you asked Google what the distance between two point on this alleged sphere, it wouldn't take long to find an answer from Google. Why is it so hard to correlate the two? This is why Google is so popular, making simple equations and problems easier to research, but not the curvature of the earth?
    The factual error you made, is ignoring all the other equations, maths, simpler calculations, etc: including almost everything but the most basic trigonometry calculations.

    Its cherry picking: you are manufacturing a problem, by ignoring all the other instances where it doesn’t do it.

    You do it again, by ignoring all the others very simple ways google will point you in the direction of calculators: for refraction, force: and the curvature of the earth.

    its like you’re ignoring every other type of maths that is simpler and more useful that google also doesn’t provide a quick link for - and ignore all the easy and accurate links google makes to curvature calculators.

    Considering your whole premise seems predicated on curvature calculators not appearing in google as being somehow abnormal - your entire premise is destroyed by that basic information. Google not providing quick links is pretty standard behaviour for almost every type of maths. So if it doesn’t do it for - say - potential energy - why should it do for a less useful, less widely used type of calculation.

    Now, I also asked you how you thought google implemented its conversations and distance reporting:

    That’s important as it helps me determine what knowledge or understanding when answering “how hard is it to correlate the two?”
  • Your second and third example are functionally identical - with google in both instances showing examples of websites that based on its algorithm it thinks is relevant along with specific answers that have previously seemed relevant and pertinent to users in a "people also ask" section. The only difference is that you have expanded one of the items in the second picture and not in the third.

    It;s not Google's fault if people that mainly care about the earth's curvature between LA and Hawaii are Flat Earters or people making fun of Flat Earthers - though even when it comes to googling about a well known and famous monument you can see that the result you've selected is actually a crazy person's blog.
    WordsMatter
  • "Considering your whole premise seems predicated on curvature calculators not appearing in google as being somehow abnormal - your entire premise is destroyed by that basic information. Google not providing quick links is pretty standard behaviour for almost every type of maths. So if it doesn’t do it for - say - potential energy - why should it do for a less useful, less widely used type of calculation."

    This is the place we live, Google has an answer for most problems we ask it, if it is asked in the right way. We can even ask Google what the alleged distance to the sun is at any given moment, and get an accurate answer.

    Your claim that Google won't give us an accurate answer for potential energy is unsubstantiated, for instance, we can ask Google what the potential energy of hydrogen is, and we get an accurate answer.

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+the+potential+energy+of+hydrogen+atom

    At least 1/3 of American millennials are now questioning the shape of earth (another answer Google gives us), so why would this be a useless search? This is also an unsubstantiated claim.

    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=Curvature of the earth
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

    Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

    The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

    Wayne Dyer
  • Erfisflat said:
    "Considering your whole premise seems predicated on curvature calculators not appearing in google as being somehow abnormal - your entire premise is destroyed by that basic information. Google not providing quick links is pretty standard behaviour for almost every type of maths. So if it doesn’t do it for - say - potential energy - why should it do for a less useful, less widely used type of calculation."

    This is the place we live, Google has an answer for most problems we ask it, if it is asked in the right way. We can even ask Google what the alleged distance to the sun is at any given moment, and get an accurate answer.

    Your claim that Google won't give us an accurate answer for potential energy is unsubstantiated, for instance, we can ask Google what the potential energy of hydrogen is, and we get an accurate answer.

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+the+potential+energy+of+hydrogen+atom

    At least 1/3 of American millennials are now questioning the shape of earth (another answer Google gives us), so why would this be a useless search? This is also an unsubstantiated claim.

    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=Curvature of the earth
    So, I pointed out the logical flaw in your argument, and instead of addressing the point I made: you’ve deliberately skipped over it and reasserted the same point I just refuted.

    I listed a number of examples where google doesn’t provide a specific conversion for, you only mention one. Again - cherry picking. I was specifically talking about equations, such as the potential energy of a mass: which most assuredly not converted by Google. 

    So again: You are deliberately cherry picking your data. There are multiple common, every day mathematics and conversions that arent automatically output by google. Converting applications for all sort of conversions and calculating apps and webpages for almost every practical and non practical calculation is readily available via google search.

    You’re premise, that this is somehow unwarranted or unusual: is unsupported by any reasonable facts and evidence.

    Furthermore, as I have asked: I don’t think you have any understanding of software design, and thus you’re claims that google should do it, is just made up.

    So no: you’re argument is wholly without merit and based on blatant cherry picking.

     
    Erfisflat
  • Google does know everything. This is not a joke. Of all the corporations involved in Illuminati, Google is the one that knows what the rest know. Google is the most Noble one which is why flat earthers are always welcome on YouTube and Google search results while facebook and Instagram have been known to suppress them. Twitter is different, it oppresses rudeness without mercy but controversial views it seems welcome to so be a flat earther on Twitter if you want.
    This has to be a joke....
    someone234Erfisflat
  • @Zombieguy1987 Which part?
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1645 Pts
    edited September 2018
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    "Considering your whole premise seems predicated on curvature calculators not appearing in google as being somehow abnormal - your entire premise is destroyed by that basic information. Google not providing quick links is pretty standard behaviour for almost every type of maths. So if it doesn’t do it for - say - potential energy - why should it do for a less useful, less widely used type of calculation."

    This is the place we live, Google has an answer for most problems we ask it, if it is asked in the right way. We can even ask Google what the alleged distance to the sun is at any given moment, and get an accurate answer.

    Your claim that Google won't give us an accurate answer for potential energy is unsubstantiated, for instance, we can ask Google what the potential energy of hydrogen is, and we get an accurate answer.

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+the+potential+energy+of+hydrogen+atom

    At least 1/3 of American millennials are now questioning the shape of earth (another answer Google gives us), so why would this be a useless search? This is also an unsubstantiated claim.

    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=Curvature of the earth
    So, I pointed out the logical flaw in your argument, and instead of addressing the point I made: you’ve deliberately skipped over it and reasserted the same point I just refuted.

    I listed a number of examples where google doesn’t provide a specific conversion for, you only mention one. Again - cherry picking. I was specifically talking about equations, such as the potential energy of a mass: which most assuredly not converted by Google. 

    So again: You are deliberately cherry picking your data. There are multiple common, every day mathematics and conversions that arent automatically output by google. Converting applications for all sort of conversions and calculating apps and webpages for almost every practical and non practical calculation is readily available via google search.

    You’re premise, that this is somehow unwarranted or unusual: is unsupported by any reasonable facts and evidence.

    Furthermore, as I have asked: I don’t think you have any understanding of software design, and thus you’re claims that google should do it, is just made up.

    So no: you’re argument is wholly without merit and based on blatant cherry picking.

     
    Maybe you didn't check before you made unsubstantiated assertions.

    Refraction.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+the+refractive+index+for+water?

    For force, you can't just Google "force" you have to be more specific, like what is the curvature of the earth between hawaii and los angeles, so your comparison is faulty. You could ask google what is the gravitational force of the earth (or any other planet), and you can get an accurate answer. I think maybe you are grasping at straws.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

    Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

    The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

    Wayne Dyer
  • @someone234
    Everything
    Erfisflat
  • Zombieguy1987someone234
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

    Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

    The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

    Wayne Dyer
  • Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    "Considering your whole premise seems predicated on curvature calculators not appearing in google as being somehow abnormal - your entire premise is destroyed by that basic information. Google not providing quick links is pretty standard behaviour for almost every type of maths. So if it doesn’t do it for - say - potential energy - why should it do for a less useful, less widely used type of calculation."

    This is the place we live, Google has an answer for most problems we ask it, if it is asked in the right way. We can even ask Google what the alleged distance to the sun is at any given moment, and get an accurate answer.

    Your claim that Google won't give us an accurate answer for potential energy is unsubstantiated, for instance, we can ask Google what the potential energy of hydrogen is, and we get an accurate answer.

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+the+potential+energy+of+hydrogen+atom

    At least 1/3 of American millennials are now questioning the shape of earth (another answer Google gives us), so why would this be a useless search? This is also an unsubstantiated claim.

    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=Curvature of the earth
    So, I pointed out the logical flaw in your argument, and instead of addressing the point I made: you’ve deliberately skipped over it and reasserted the same point I just refuted.

    I listed a number of examples where google doesn’t provide a specific conversion for, you only mention one. Again - cherry picking. I was specifically talking about equations, such as the potential energy of a mass: which most assuredly not converted by Google. 

    So again: You are deliberately cherry picking your data. There are multiple common, every day mathematics and conversions that arent automatically output by google. Converting applications for all sort of conversions and calculating apps and webpages for almost every practical and non practical calculation is readily available via google search.

    You’re premise, that this is somehow unwarranted or unusual: is unsupported by any reasonable facts and evidence.

    Furthermore, as I have asked: I don’t think you have any understanding of software design, and thus you’re claims that google should do it, is just made up.

    So no: you’re argument is wholly without merit and based on blatant cherry picking.

     
    Maybe you didn't check before you made unsubstantiated assertions.

    Refraction.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+the+refractive+index+for+water?

    For force, you can't just Google "force" you have to be more specific, like what is the curvature of the earth between hawaii and los angeles, so your comparison is faulty. You could ask google what is the gravitational force of the earth (or any other planet), and you can get an accurate answer. I think maybe you are grasping at straws.
    What is the refractive index of water is one single number, not an equation.

    What is the potential energy of hydrogen atom is one single number, not an equation. 

    There are only a limited set of equations and dynamic data interpretation that google supports. Basic unit conversion, and basic maths information.

    So yes: you are completely cherry picking your data, and now trying to wave completely different things at me to prove your point.

    As I said: and as you’re trying to avoid. Potential energy, force equations, Newton’s laws, Einstein’s general relativity, fuel consumption: and thousands of other dynamic equations are not supported by google. It is unsurprising - no matter what unrelated non-equations you want to cute - that google doesn’t return you am automatically generated equational data for an esoteric measurement that only flat earthers really use.

    in addition: you also continue to repeatedly ignore the fact that google points you in the direction of calculators and other utilities to do it yourself.

    This argument is just blatant cherry picking: and a testament to your own muddled thinking.







  • Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    "Considering your whole premise seems predicated on curvature calculators not appearing in google as being somehow abnormal - your entire premise is destroyed by that basic information. Google not providing quick links is pretty standard behaviour for almost every type of maths. So if it doesn’t do it for - say - potential energy - why should it do for a less useful, less widely used type of calculation."

    This is the place we live, Google has an answer for most problems we ask it, if it is asked in the right way. We can even ask Google what the alleged distance to the sun is at any given moment, and get an accurate answer.

    Your claim that Google won't give us an accurate answer for potential energy is unsubstantiated, for instance, we can ask Google what the potential energy of hydrogen is, and we get an accurate answer.

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+the+potential+energy+of+hydrogen+atom

    At least 1/3 of American millennials are now questioning the shape of earth (another answer Google gives us), so why would this be a useless search? This is also an unsubstantiated claim.

    https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=Curvature of the earth
    So, I pointed out the logical flaw in your argument, and instead of addressing the point I made: you’ve deliberately skipped over it and reasserted the same point I just refuted.

    I listed a number of examples where google doesn’t provide a specific conversion for, you only mention one. Again - cherry picking. I was specifically talking about equations, such as the potential energy of a mass: which most assuredly not converted by Google. 

    So again: You are deliberately cherry picking your data. There are multiple common, every day mathematics and conversions that arent automatically output by google. Converting applications for all sort of conversions and calculating apps and webpages for almost every practical and non practical calculation is readily available via google search.

    You’re premise, that this is somehow unwarranted or unusual: is unsupported by any reasonable facts and evidence.

    Furthermore, as I have asked: I don’t think you have any understanding of software design, and thus you’re claims that google should do it, is just made up.

    So no: you’re argument is wholly without merit and based on blatant cherry picking.

     
    Maybe you didn't check before you made unsubstantiated assertions.

    Refraction.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+the+refractive+index+for+water?

    For force, you can't just Google "force" you have to be more specific, like what is the curvature of the earth between hawaii and los angeles, so your comparison is faulty. You could ask google what is the gravitational force of the earth (or any other planet), and you can get an accurate answer. I think maybe you are grasping at straws.
    What is the refractive index of water is one single number, not an equation.

    What is the potential energy of hydrogen atom is one single number, not an equation. 

    There are only a limited set of equations and dynamic data interpretation that google supports. Basic unit conversion, and basic maths information.

    So yes: you are completely cherry picking your data, and now trying to wave completely different things at me to prove your point.

    As I said: and as you’re trying to avoid. Potential energy, force equations, Newton’s laws, Einstein’s general relativity, fuel consumption: and thousands of other dynamic equations are not supported by google. It is unsurprising - no matter what unrelated non-equations you want to cute - that google doesn’t return you am automatically generated equational data for an esoteric measurement that only flat earthers really use.

    in addition: you also continue to repeatedly ignore the fact that google points you in the direction of calculators and other utilities to do it yourself.

    This argument is just blatant cherry picking: and a testament to your own muddled thinking.







    And the curvature of the earth is a single number, and is a basics math conversion. 

    And flat earthers currently make up about 1/3 of the world, I can only guess that as many are actively working to debunk the theory, so that's that many more. So your claim that the measurement is "useless" is unsubstantiated and unsourced. 

    All Google would need to do was take the distance that they already have, and square it, multiply it by eight, and we can get an accurate answer, in inches. 

    The constant belittling and rhetoric is probably your worst quality, and shows how defensive you are about the spinning blue balls.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

    Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

    The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

    Wayne Dyer
  • @Erfisflat:

    I get that you are a scientist, but are you trying to out science the rest of the scientists who maybe don't subscribe to your earth is flat ideology/ way of thinking?

    Are you maybe using (DebateIsland) as a vehicle to maybe help you help yourself into getting a Pulitzer Prize for Science?

    I respect science, but I question how you're treating science for your own self benefit? 

    You have stated that you view NASA as a liar?

    You have stated that you view the mainstream media as a liar as well? 

    But here is your anchor sentence that you used to begin your so called debate with?

    "I've come across a problem recently while trying to get globe earth proponents to snap out of their trance, and come to the realization, as I have, that there is no curvature to the earth."

    If the earth proponents view the earth differently than how you view the earth, why can't they have their view as you have yours?

    Maybe in reality, you're the one who is in a self induced earth is flat trance, and the globe earth proponents see the earth as they see it, and they aren't creating a "debate/forum fuss" over it as you seem to be doing? 


  • @Zombieguy1987

    What was that last fallacy?
    someone234
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

    Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

    The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

    Wayne Dyer
  • @Erfisflat ;

    If you google anything that has a particular value, the circumference of the earth, the curvature of the earth, the potential energy of a hydrogen atom, or the iq level it take to qualify as mentally retarded: you get an answer, normally bolded that is specific to the question asked.


    This includes the curvature of the earth: you get a nice highlighted post, that defines what it is. So when it’s a single number, google does it quite well.


    Youre continually confusing these single numbers with equations, that are required to pull out some numbers and plug them into the equation. 


    In this reply you say the curvature of the earth is a single number that is an equation: which literally makes no sense.




    Google is very good at displaying single answers: and does so for your flatearther conspiracy nonsense search terms such as “what is the curvature of the earth”.


    Google is not very good at presenting the answers to calculations: unless they are basic conversations or basic functions. It doesn’t do it well for gravity calculations, force, temperature, pressure fuel consumption.



    The idea that somehow google should be able to calculate earth curvature, when there are thousands of more common, more useful and more appropriate calculations that aren’t  implemented either is idiotic.


    As a result, the whole premise of your argument is utterly ridiculous, and blatant cherry picking.



    I keep pointing this out, because you keep defending your position by arguing that google doing something that is not at all the same or as complex, they should do another different thing:


    You’ve pointed out hydrogen potential energy is highlighted by google - The potential of a hydrogen atom does not require an equation. 


    You’ve pointed out the google search result for the index of water - that does not require an equation.


    You’ve pointed out the google search result for the gravity of the earth - that doesn’t require an equation either.



    Why on earth do you continue to cite examples of google of equation processing that are not equations?


    It’s like you’re deliberately trying not to understanding anything being said.




    Now, unfortunately, as Im willing to bet actual real money that you do not have a background in STEM, I don’t think you have the first idea of the complexity involved in implementing search algorithms in software.


    To implement this, the google algorithm has to:


    • Understand that you’re search term requires a processing to an equation
    • Have enough knowledge to know how to extract the input of that equation into from your request.
    • Be able to find some actual software implementation of the equation somewhere, know where it is, and know how to call it.


    No NLP platform is able to do that right now. As it requires a level of implied understanding of the search terms inherent in the algorithm that can’t be achieved with modern AI, and can’t easily be deduced by artificial learning. 


    So it, and much of googles basic equation processing is supported manually, with explicit implementation. IE: a guy in google specifically programmed the google search servers to make the calculations it does already for only the most useful elements. And the idea that any intelligent individual working for google would even think to add that feature because retardy mcflatface wants it, is quite frankly absurd.

  • @Erfisflat:

    DID you miss this?

    I get that you are a scientist, but are you trying to out science the rest of the scientists who maybe don't subscribe to your earth is flat ideology/ way of thinking?

    Are you maybe using (DebateIsland) as a vehicle to maybe help you help yourself into getting a Pulitzer Prize for Science?

    I respect science, but I question how you're treating science for your own self benefit? 

    You have stated that you view NASA as a liar?

    You have stated that you view the mainstream media as a liar as well? 

    But here is your anchor sentence that you used to begin your so called debate with?

    "I've come across a problem recently while trying to get globe earth proponents to snap out of their trance, and come to the realization, as I have, that there is no curvature to the earth."

    If the earth proponents view the earth differently than how you view the earth, why can't they have their view as you have yours?

    Maybe in reality, you're the one who is in a self induced earth is flat trance, and the globe earth proponents see the earth as they see it, and they aren't creating a "debate/forum fuss" over it as you seem to be doing? 
  • @Erfisflat ;

    If you google anything that has a particular value, the circumference of the earth, the curvature of the earth, the potential energy of a hydrogen atom, or the iq level it take to qualify as mentally retarded: you get an answer, normally bolded that is specific to the question asked.


    This includes the curvature of the earth: you get a nice highlighted post, that defines what it is. So when it’s a single number, google does it quite well.


    Youre continually confusing these single numbers with equations, that are required to pull out some numbers and plug them into the equation. 


    In this reply you say the curvature of the earth is a single number that is an equation: which literally makes no sense.




    Google is very good at displaying single answers: and does so for your flatearther conspiracy nonsense search terms such as “what is the curvature of the earth”.


    Google is not very good at presenting the answers to calculations: unless they are basic conversations or basic functions. It doesn’t do it well for gravity calculations, force, temperature, pressure fuel consumption.



    The idea that somehow google should be able to calculate earth curvature, when there are thousands of more common, more useful and more appropriate calculations that aren’t  implemented either is idiotic.


    As a result, the whole premise of your argument is utterly ridiculous, and blatant cherry picking.



    I keep pointing this out, because you keep defending your position by arguing that google doing something that is not at all the same or as complex, they should do another different thing:


    You’ve pointed out hydrogen potential energy is highlighted by google - The potential of a hydrogen atom does not require an equation. 


    You’ve pointed out the google search result for the index of water - that does not require an equation.


    You’ve pointed out the google search result for the gravity of the earth - that doesn’t require an equation either.



    Why on earth do you continue to cite examples of google of equation processing that are not equations?


    It’s like you’re deliberately trying not to understanding anything being said.




    Now, unfortunately, as Im willing to bet actual real money that you do not have a background in STEM, I don’t think you have the first idea of the complexity involved in implementing search algorithms in software.


    To implement this, the google algorithm has to:


    • Understand that you’re search term requires a processing to an equation
    • Have enough knowledge to know how to extract the input of that equation into from your request.
    • Be able to find some actual software implementation of the equation somewhere, know where it is, and know how to call it.


    No NLP platform is able to do that right now. As it requires a level of implied understanding of the search terms inherent in the algorithm that can’t be achieved with modern AI, and can’t easily be deduced by artificial learning. 


    So it, and much of googles basic equation processing is supported manually, with explicit implementation. IE: a guy in google specifically programmed the google search servers to make the calculations it does already for only the most useful elements. And the idea that any intelligent individual working for google would even think to add that feature because retardy mcflatface wants it, is quite frankly absurd.

  • Erfisflat said:
    Or, or, oooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

    What @someone234 comment was about makes me wonder if what he's is a joke. Google doesn't know everything, and isn't apart of the Illuminati Probably because it's been confirmed to be fake. Google doesn't know when the earth will end, if there's other life, or who will start WW3. If google knew everything then those questions would be answered.

    So, how about @Erfisflat, you stop putting irrelevant links that have nothing to do with what's going on Dang conspiracy nut 
  • Erfisflat said:
    Or, or, oooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

    What @someone234 comment was about makes me wonder if what he's is a joke. Google doesn't know everything, and isn't apart of the Illuminati Probably because it's been confirmed to be fake. Google doesn't know when the earth will end, if there's other life, or who will start WW3. If google knew everything then those questions would be answered.

    So, how about @Erfisflat, you stop putting irrelevant links that have nothing to do with what's going on Dang conspiracy nut 
  • Google knows a lot but after all it is made by humans. It is just a search engine programmed by humans. Do we know everything? Probably not. Does god exist? How many stars are there? We do not no so obviously google does not know everything.
  • No, I know everything.
    RS_master









  • I do not believe that quote. You can have opinions on gods existance or any other philosophical topic but we currently have no evidence that god exists/does not exist. You cannot know everything. Answwer this question. Does god exist?

Sign In or Register to comment.

Back To Top

DebateIsland.com

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
2019 DebateIsland.com, All rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Awesome Debates
BestDealWins.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch