frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Racial preferences are okay.

Debate Information

I'm not attracted to Blacks, I'm attracted to East Asians and Whites. And that's okay.
Zombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -  
    It depends on the circumstances.  If you're looking for a mate, personal preferences are unavoidable.  If you're looking for a worker, such preferences are almost never justified.
    Zombieguy1987
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    Totally fair, some people like blondes, some like brunettes, or guys with blue eyes vs green. Even under those preferences I'm sure you'd be able to find one black person you find attachment and one East Asian you find unattractive. But as a general rule of thumb, totally valid.
    Zombieguy1987
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -  
    Chinese and Mongolians are my first choice, closely followed by Japanese and Koreans, and then other people with East-Asian roots. I have always felt the Asian calling, so to speak, and Japan has probably been my favorite place to visit (not only because of the people, although the people played a major role in that).

That said, I have seen extremely attractive people of both genders from all races and from most ethnicities I have encountered. My preference towards Asians is not so much because of how they look, as because of their general mentality and culture - even though I personally do not share that mentality and culture. If I ever become married, it will almost certainly be with someone from that region, or a descendant from someone from that region.

I would say that racial preferences are not okay, but racial trends in preferences are okay. If you like someone who happens to be Asian and that is a general pattern you have noticed, that is fine; if you like someone BECAUSE they are Asian and in spite of all other factors, then we have a problem.
    WordsMatter
  • Luke4576Luke4576 18 Pts   -  
    @Wowsil I would reject them because black people aren't attractive to me.
    @MayCaesar You haven't explained how it's wrong.
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    When put into practice, this argument seems to be "I'm not racist, I'm sexist!".

Relationships should be founded on a person's character, not superficial and literally skin deep assessments of someone's looks. 

While you may have ingrained racial preferences you can't conciously control, the entire idea of any kind of serious relationship being based on someone's looks and perceived attractiveness is a conscious choice on your part and what's know as sexual objectification.
    cheesycheese
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -   edited September 2018
    @Luke4576

Imagine if you really-really like someone and want them to be your partner overall, and they respond with mutual affection. You are looking at the dreamlike relationship and more.

But they are Black, and you prefer Asians. So this subconscious demon sits in you and says, "Do not go for it." And you do not go for it, because of the arbitrary prejudices you have towards Black people romantically, even if they do not apply to this particular individual.

You just lost a great opportunity in your life. This is an example of how impractical racial preferences can be. Racial trends in preferences are okay, but generalizing those trends to every single potential partner would be wrong.

P.S. Not sure what Debra dislikes about this post... I cannot find anything inconsiderate!
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    Blushes. I love black southern men. Yummy!
    piloteer

When put into practice, this argument seems to be "I'm not racist, I'm sexist!".

Relationships should be founded on a person's character, not superficial and literally skin deep assessments of someone's looks. 

While you may have ingrained racial preferences you can't conciously control, the entire idea of any kind of serious relationship being based on someone's looks and perceived attractiveness is a conscious choice on your part and what's know as sexual objectification.

@Ampersand Relationships are founded on a person's character AND skin color.
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    Luke4576 said:

@Ampersand Relationships are founded on a person's character AND skin color.
    Perhaps to you, but I have highlighted the moral issue with that and simply reiterating the underlying issue is not a rebuttal 
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -   edited September 2018
    Ampersand said:

I hate to break this news to you, but the vast majority of people are sexist when it comes to relationships.

Edit - In fact nature is sexist when it comes to relationships.
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -   edited September 2018
    @CYDdharta depends what organism you are talking about. There are varying level of sexual dimorphism, some favor males and some favor females and some are dead even.
    @CYDdharta depends what organism you are talking about. There are varying level of sexual dimorphism, some favor males and some favor females and some are dead even.

I'm not talking about any level of dimorphism, I'm talking about basic biology.
  • Half white/black(light skin), Asian, white. It’s who I get boners for
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -   edited September 2018
    @CYDdharta dimorphism IS basic biology or did you never get that far in your education? What field would the biological/genetic differences between female and male organisms fall under if not biology?
    @CYDdharta dimorphism IS basic biology or did you never get that far in your education? What field would the biological/genetic differences between female and male organisms fall under if not biology?

No, basic biology is male and female.   Sexual dimorphism is the physical differences between male and female individuals that arise as a consequence of sexual maturation, including the secondary sex characteristics.

@CYDdharta oh ok sorry I get it now. You never got passed 8th grade bio. Sorry but your opinion on anything biology related is irrelevant. 
    @CYDdharta oh ok sorry I get it now. You never got passed 8th grade bio. Sorry but your opinion on anything biology related is irrelevant. 

Feel free to describe how sexual dimorphism has anything to do with sexual attraction.  Do you walk into a bar and think "I'll bet she has a great ratio of white blood cells". 

@CYDdharta I could pull out my college bio book and type up everything on sexual dimorphism, which you've never mentioned sexual attraction in previous posts. Or I can just [insert attention you seek here] I see both would be all you want
    @CYDdharta I could pull out my college bio book and type up everything on sexual dimorphism, which you've never mentioned sexual attraction in previous posts. Or I can just [insert attention you seek here] I see both would be all you want

Go back to sleep, you haven't been following this thread ... at all.
  • Ampersand said:

• Nathaniel_BNathaniel_B 182 Pts   -  
    Yeah I don't see a problem. You like what you like, how someone gonna get mad at that?  :joy: That junk be ridiculous. I don't really have a "racial" preference myself, but I do aim for specific types of females. 
    Zombieguy1987
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr