frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Romans 1 is not about same sex marriage. Here is the proof.

Debate Information

Romans 1 - Recently I was asked if I have any Bible studies on Romans. We are studying the book of Romans verse by verse at our House Church Bible Study in Pensacola, Florida. I joyfully offer as a FREE gift, in pdf format, my Romans Commentary and Study Guide Questions for you to make copies and freely use.

You are welcome to make copies of these pages to pass out FREE at your Bible study or church or other ministry. You may freely use these lessons in your Bible teaching ministry as long as you:

since I have already copyrighted them and posted them online. May God bless as you enjoy studying His wonderful inerrant word!

from the rowdy port city of Corinth, where sexual immorality and prostitution were openly practiced. Yet Rome was even more idolatrous than Corinth. Sporting events in the Circus Maximus and fertility goddess worship in pagan temples echoed the adulation of idolatrous Romans. Rome was a city wholly given to idolatry. 

To understand the Bible, we must factor in the biblical, cultural, doctrinal, historical, linguistic and religious context. In Romans 1:26-27, the context isn't two gay guys or two gay gals who fall in love and covenant to spend their lives together as a couple.
1. The biblical context is Paul making an argument against idolatry by summing up the Old Testament record of pagan Gentile worship, not homosexuality, not gays and lesbians, not transsexuals.
2. The cultural context is the greatest pagan city of the ancient world, an idolatrous tableau featuring hundreds of pagan temples where multitudes worshiped false gods.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments