frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

#AllLivesMatter is NOT racist.

Debate Information

#AllLivesMatter is about the radical concepts that we are all ONE human race, and like it or not, we all matter. Hating on all police and white or black people is a liberal quackery problem. Honestly liberals, no one takes you seriously anymore. You scream racism, misogyny, and rape culture while being a bunch of misandrist, race baiting, hypocritical fools. 
Zombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    If there is a fire in a housing complex do you throw water on all the houses because all houses matter or do you throw it on the ones burning because they need it the most?
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @WordsMatter Argument ad absurdem. We should join together in fighting for the fact that we are all one human race, not division among ethnicity, color, or gender. Have you actually considered our things in common before repeating globalist backed liberal propaganda? We all bleed red. I see color, but I appreciate the full God ordained value of ALL human beings, from fertilization to eternity because that is part of my Christian faith. Racial unity: Acts 17:26 And He has made from one [a]blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,
    Life at conception: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=job+3:3&version=NKJV
    A side note on the fact that life begins at conception: This can be proven with religion on scientific terms only. That is when the human organism first has his or her own genetic code that is from BOTH parents, not just the mother.
  • GooberryGooberry 608 Pts   -  
    #BlackLivesMatter was a movement started because of the repeated instances of unarmed black people being killed by the police and general inherent racism in the police and media, where suffering and death of black people were downplayed and minimized.

#AllLivesMatter was started by conservatives as an attempt of superficial victim blaming. It is never used in the context of upholding rights, or in the context of fighting for justice. It is exclusively used in the context of trying dismiss or deflect issues of racial inequality.

So in that regard: Yes, it is racist.

Also note. When individuals are racist, and someone calls them out for being a racists that is not “race baiting”. If laws, the political, educational and justice system is all massively biased against people of colour, pointing that out is, again, not race baiting.
    ErfisflatZombieguy1987
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -   edited September 2018
    @YeshuaBought OK well if you truly fight for everyone, without googling, name me at least one officer who has been found guilty for killing a black person, manslaughter or murder doesn't matter, just name one without google. My guess is you can't which makes your words hollow as you clearly aren't fighting for ALL victims. There have been multiple convicted this very year so it shouldn't be hard for a member of alllivesmatter. Double points if you can name the victim
    @WordsMatter That is a problem of police brutality, not systematic racism. The police saved my life when I was 22, so I have no reason to hate them. Even I have suffered injustice when I was 1, but I don't claim systemetic oppression. Slin color only matters to people who buy what the globalist elite are selling and that is the human race divided among color lines. I have no clue if I will end up with a man of this skin color or that, because I just dont care about skin color. No one, I repeat NO ONE, should ever apologize for their or someone else's skin color or ethnicity. If you really want to get into this issue and the superstitious roots of racism, private debate me. I used to be very racist until I was 15, then I got over it because Yeshua made the human race like a rainbow on purpose so His creation would have diversity. Why should I view a black man as anything less than an equal with inherant rights from God?
    @YeshuaBought I never said it had to do with race. Someone who is concerned about all live's is therefore concerned about the instances of police brutality,  even if it's against black people.  You are ignorant on that subject and just tried to deflect therefore you don't actually care about all lives in all cases. You say you view black men as equal so name one police convicted of killing one.  Even easier and to remove race from the equation name me one police officer convicted of killing a white man without Google. You can't. You don't actually care. You are making a stand on principle with no action to back it up.
    @WordsMatter You are waxing hyperbolic. I never graduated the ninth grade, but I choose to seek knowlege wherever I can find it. Not to brag, but I tested at post graduate level English reading comprehension, and I am mostly self taught. I can comprehend post graduate neuropsychiatry, psychology, know about genetic and neurological anomolaies. I know what a myocradial infarction is. It is when the heart does not beat properly and beta blockers are needed. Your ad homenim fallacy means nothing to me, and I don't care what you say, as long as you debate me.
    @YeshuaBought Thank you point proven. You can't name a single victim of any race in regards to police brutality. You know nothing about the subject and therefore shouldn't be commenting on it. Even if you know about other topics, you don't get a lawyer from Yale or Harvard to perform open heart surgery, clearly they are smart but don't know what they are doing when it comes to surgery.
    @WordsMatter You have failed to prove that ALM is racist. Please do.
    @WordsMatter I haven't gotten to that yet. We have to build up to that. Do you claim to be a part of all lives matter?
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Gooberry said:

Also note. When individuals are racist, and someone calls them out for being a racists that is not “race baiting”. If laws, the political, educational and justice system is all massively biased against people of colour, pointing that out is, again, not race baiting.

There are laws that specifically single out black people?  There are education and justice system rules and regulations that specifically mention black people for added scrutiny or punishment?
    ErfisflatZombieguy1987
    CYDdharta said:
    Gooberry said:

There are laws that specifically single out black people?  There are education and justice system rules and regulations that specifically mention black people for added scrutiny or punishment?
    Ahhh yes. What you’re doing is a typical rhetorical ploy used by many conservatives.

Its a form of “moving the goal posts”, the way you’re not using it, is by strongly implying that to be able to say there is racial bias in an organization there’s must be specific rules that single out people on race.

This is a tactic used by a lot on the right who simply do not want to acknowledge that the racism that exists actually exists.

In reality, a combination of ingrained prejudice of individuals in politics, the justice system, and the explicit rules of those systems work together to facilitate an ingrained bias against people of colour: Firstly by enforcing and perpetuating the cycles of violence and poverty; and secondly by enforcing a systematic political environment that makes those cycles impossible to break.

CYDdhartaErfisflat
    CYDdharta said:
    Gooberry said:

Ahhh yes. What you’re doing is a typical rhetorical ploy used by many conservatives.

Its a form of “moving the goal posts”, the way you’re not using it, is by strongly implying that to be able to say there is racial bias in an organization there’s must be specific rules that single out people on race.

This is a tactic used by a lot on the right who simply do not want to acknowledge that the racism that exists actually exists.

In reality, a combination of ingrained prejudice of individuals in politics, the justice system, and the explicit rules of those systems work together to facilitate an ingrained bias against people of colour: Firstly by enforcing and perpetuating the cycles of violence and poverty; and secondly by enforcing a systematic political environment that makes those cycles impossible to break.

CYDdhartaErfisflat
    Gooberry said:

I didn't move the goal posts at all.  I was just following up on what you said.  You're the one who said "laws, the political, educational and justice system is all massively biased against people of colour".  It should be a simple matter to post these laws that single out black people.  You know they don't exist, so you make the old "seriousness of the charge" argument.  I don't fall for that.  I decide based on proof.
    ErfisflatZombieguy1987
    @WordsMatter Yes sir. I am part of all lives matter.
    @YeshuaBought OK name me a police officer convicted of killing someone this year without using Google. race of the killed doesn't matter 
    @WordsMatter I don't have to, stop deflecting. You have failed again to prove that I am racist for saying all lives matter. It is part of my Christian faith to support all lives matter, and demand racial unity. Dr. King would agree with me that "man should not be judged by the color of his skin, but THE CONTENT OF HIS CHARACTER". Show me where skin color or eye shape decides human worth, and I will disprove it AGAIN.
    CYDdharta said:
    Gooberry said:

I didn't move the goal posts at all.  I was just following up on what you said.  You're the one who said "laws, the political, educational and justice system is all massively biased against people of colour".  It should be a simple matter to post these laws that single out black people.  You know they don't exist, so you make the old "seriousness of the charge" argument.  I don't fall for that.  I decide based on proof.
    I was actually quite specific about what I meant by moving the goal posts.

You’re placing artificial constraints and unreasonable constraints on what it takes for a particular organisation to act in a racially biased
    way.

I’m just calling bullsh*t, on your deliberate attempt to move the goal posts because while it is very much possible to point out all the laws, rules, conditions and scenarios that are used to perpetuate racial inequality, they don’t match exactly your dishoneay criteria, which is why I’m sure you deliberately selected it.

Erfisflat
    @YeshuaBought you are one of the dumbest people I have ever had the displeasure to talk to. I'm amazed you even know how to type on a computer and dear God I wish I would get banned for this comment because I swear I lose am iq point every time I read one of your comments. You should leave and go think about going back to kindergarten
    Zombieguy1987
    Gooberry said:

You’re placing artificial constraints and unreasonable constraints on what it takes for a particular organisation to act in a racially biased
    way.

I’m just calling bullsh*t, on your deliberate attempt to move the goal posts because while it is very much possible to point out all the laws, rules, conditions and scenarios that are used to perpetuate racial inequality, they don’t match exactly your dishoneay criteria, which is why I’m sure you deliberately selected it.

I deliberately selected it because it is undeniably true.  I was calling you on your bullsh!t, to use your terms.  There is nothing artificial about the conditions I placed.  You said "laws, the political, educational and justice system is all massively biased against people of colour", I just said prove it, post the laws that single out black people.  You say it's dishonest because you know you're lying.  It's a classic case of projection.

Erfisflat
    CYDdharta said:
    Gooberry said:

way.

I deliberately selected it because it is undeniably true.  I was calling you on your bullsh!t, to use your terms.  There is nothing artificial about the conditions I placed.  You said "laws, the political, educational and justice system is all massively biased against people of colour", I just said prove it, post the laws that single out black people.  You say it's dishonest because you know you're lying.  It's a classic case of projection.

It’s not undeniably true.

You don’t need specific rules that explicitly target black people in order for there to be racism in organizations.

Thats the falsehood you’re stating.

you're doing it on purpose to deliberately raise the standard impossibly high so that you can deny any racism exists.

Erfisflat
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    "All lives matter", "Black lives matter", "Blue lives matter", etc. are pretty empty notions, since they do not say anything people do not already know. It would be better if they spoke of a bigger principle, or, in contrary, tackled a specific issue - rather than perpetuating purposefully vague and meaningless notions that can be misused and then defended conveniently by simply interpreting them the right way.

An example of a good notion is the famous "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free." on the Statue of Liberty. This immediately tells you what it is about: it welcomes people who seek freedom, stating that this is a country with freedom as the core principle.

Imagine if it was instead: "People matter". Concise, easy to memorize... and absolutely useless.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited October 2018
    Fortunately, organizational names aren't defined in prose.  I, for one, would hate to have the state police renamed;

We who put on our uniforms,
    And strap on our vests.
    Prepare for the worst,
    And hope for the best.
    Affix our gun belts,
    Make sure all is secure.
    Say one final prayer,
    For St. Michael to hear.

In fact, the Statue of Liberty is the "Statue of Liberty", clear and concise.  The name isn't;

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    MOTHER OF EXILES. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
  • @WordsMatter Argument ad absurdem. We should join together in fighting for the fact that we are all one human race, not division among ethnicity, color, or gender. Have you actually considered our things in common before repeating globalist backed liberal propaganda? We all bleed red. I see color, but I appreciate the full God ordained value of ALL human beings, from fertilization to eternity because that is part of my Christian faith. Racial unity: Acts 17:26 And He has made from one [a]blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,
    Life at conception: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=job+3:3&version=NKJV
    A side note on the fact that life begins at conception: This can be proven with religion on scientific terms only. That is when the human organism first has his or her own genetic code that is from BOTH parents, not just the mother.
    You're implying that Globalism is bad and we should all unite as one people? 
    WordsMatter