frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Jesus is God, prove me wrong.

Debate Information

Zombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    Jesus is not God because he doesn’t exist 
    Nathaniel_Bcheesycheese
  • JoesephJoeseph 691 Pts   -   edited October 2018
    You’re the one who asserted Jesus is god with zero proof for such a ridiculous claim , yet you cannot prove your god or indeed Jesus exists why’s that? Is god shy maybe? Social phobia? 
    Zombieguy1987Nathaniel_Bcheesycheese
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987:

"Jesus is not God because he doesn’t exist"

More of the anti religious using the internet to downplay Jesus and God? 

Zombieguy1987Nathaniel_Bcheesycheese
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    "You’re the one who asserted Jesus is god with zero proof for such a ridiculous claim , yet you cannot prove your god or indeed Jesus exists why’s that? Is god shy maybe? Social phobia?"

Why do some of the anti religious rely on the internet to downplay Jesus/ God?

What proof, and if there is proof, is the proof anti religious oriented? 

Joe are you maybe demanding that YeshuaBought defends herself from your anti religious stances? 

If the anti religious rely on the internet to provide them with their anti religious argument making material in a sense, maybe some of the anti religious have probable social phobia's and utilizing the internet is how those social phobias are being coped with? 
    Zombieguy1987JoesephNathaniel_Bcheesycheese
  • JoesephJoeseph 691 Pts   -  
    @TTKDB

You say .....Joe are you maybe demanding that YeshuaBought defends herself from your anti religious stances? 

My reply ..... She made a claim you dummy that she’s failed to back up , she’s more than  entitled to believe what she wants but yet she makes a statement to the members she cannot back up.

Do you not realise this is a debate site you troll? 
    Zombieguy1987cheesycheese
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

"Do you not realise this is a debate site you troll?"

This is the internet, an artifical entity where people come to troll on God, religion, and the religious individuals and parents to push anti religious stances.

In real life debates are held in public forums, like in the Parliament, or a legislature.

JoesephZombieguy1987cheesycheese
    @TTKDB

You say .....

This is the internet, an artifical entity where people come to troll on God, religion, and the religious individuals and parents to push anti religious stances.

My reply .... Incorrect , this is a debate forum on the internet callled D I  one may debate what they want something you refuse to do in favour of trolling and stalking 

You say ......In real life debates are held in public forums, like in the Parliament, or a legislature.

My reply ..... Real life? So D I isn’t part of real life ? My oh my you are confused .

So if you want “ real debate “ why are you here ? It’s because you’ve just admitted by implication you’re trolling 

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

"My reply .... Incorrect , this is a debate forum on the internet callled D I  one may debate what they want something you refuse to do in favour of trolling and stalking."

And here you are trolling and  stalking God, religion, and the religious individuals by using the internet to push your rhetoric? 

You're educating people on your character, and on how you utilize your ethics via the internet. 

Zombieguy1987Joesephcheesycheese
    @TTKDB

And here you are trolling and  stalking atheists , reason , and the rational individuals by using the internet to push your rhetoric? 

You're educating people on your character, and on how you utilize your ethics via the internet. 
    Zombieguy1987
  • @Joeseph

Because the debate is supposed to be about Christian theology. Obviously there won't be a debate on whether God exists because it's already on-going elsewhere. So someone decided to start a debate on Jesus. I don't get why do you have to pretend to be so intellectually superior. You should be consistent, and go on virtually literally any debate and keep questioning axioms until you prove Godel's Incompleteness Theorems and disprove your own worldview. A debate on abortion? How do you know that the external world is even ''real''? Sense experience? Infallible? Yeah, right.
    Zombieguy1987Joeseph
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Orthodox_Christian

You may garner some name calling directed in your direction. 
    Zombieguy1987Joeseph
  • @TTKDB
    People died horribly gruesome deaths for the faith. I'm not going to complain.
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    To the website, I said this to Joeseph:

(And here you are trolling and  stalking God, religion, and the religious individuals by using the internet to push your rhetoric? 

You're educating people on your character, and on how you utilize your ethics via the internet.)

And his response was this:

"And here you are trolling and  stalking atheists , reason , and the rational individuals by using the internet to push your rhetoric? 

You're educating people on your character, and on how you utilize your ethics via the internet."

Has anyone else seen someone debate another by copying someone else's words and then changing them up according to their anti religious rhetoric stance, and then using those words to argue a debate with? 

I have seen this tactic before, and on this very website. 

@Orthodox_Christian

You say .....
    Because the debate is supposed to be about Christian theology.

My reply .... Really ? The O P posted up a topic wants someone to disprove Jesus is god she makes her assertions with zero proof 

You say ......Obviously there won't be a debate on whether God exists because it's already on-going elsewhere

My reply ..... Agreed 

You say  .....
    . So someone decided to start a debate on Jesus. I don't get why do you have to pretend to be so intellectually superior.

My reply .... Where did I say I was?

You say ......You should be consistent, and go on virtually literally any debate and keep questioning axioms until you prove Godel's Incompleteness Theorems and disprove your own worldview

My reply....... You base this character assessment on what exactly?

You say ......
    . A debate on abortion? How do you know that the external world is even ''real''? Sense experience? Infallible? Yeah, right.

My reply ..... Do you realise this is a debate site ...... I know it’s a shock to you isn’t it? 
    Zombieguy1987
    @TTKDB

He will not unless he throws the first jab then he will recieve likewise  
    Zombieguy1987
  • >''Really ? The O P posted up a topic wants someone to disprove Jesus is god she makes her assertions with zero proof ''

Yeah, which is a question on theology. Arianism vs Orthodox Trinitarianism. Sure, she did it rather lazily and didn't make a case of her own, but that doesn't change the purpose of the topic at hand.

>''Where did I say I was?''

I didn't say that you said you were. You imply it by pretending to be intellectually superior by challenging the OP's presupposition.  It's like going into a political debate and going ''yeah well, how do you know solipsism isn't true? Checkmate, morons''. There's nothing so smart in that. This debate has the category of ''Religion'' not ''Philosophy''. Obviously, this is a debate where we discuss the interpretations of the Bible and see if Jesus is God and that Arianism is a heresy. 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph

"He will not unless he throws the first jab then he will recieve likewise"

Really? 

What did I say to you to call me names? 
    Zombieguy1987
    @TTKDB

You say ...... Really? 

What did I say to you to call me names? 

My reply ...... I called you what you were as in an indoctrinated sheep , and still you cannot explain how you are not an indoctrinated sheep 
  • >''I called you what you were as in an indoctrinated sheep , and still you cannot explain how you are not an indoctrinated sheep ''

Two can play this game. How are you not?
    @Orthodox_Christian

You say ......Yeah, which is a question on theology. Arianism vs Orthodox Trinitarianism. Sure, she did it rather lazily and didn't make a case of her own, but that doesn't change the purpose of the topic at hand.

My reply ..... Well maybe you could assist her in making it more clear as it’s not 

You say .....

I didn't say that you said you were. You imply it by pretending to be intellectually superior by challenging the OP's presupposition

My reply .....Imply it ? I simply asked a question which was never answered so why are you getting all hot and bothered?

. You say ..... It's like going into a political debate and going ''yeah well, how do you know solipsism isn't true? Checkmate, morons''.

My reply ..... Well no , as no one I know words a debate in this way except this particular person , don’t believe me check it out for yourself

You say ......There's nothing so smart in that. This debate has the category of ''Religion'' not ''Philosophy''. Obviously, this is a debate where we discuss the interpretations of the Bible and see if Jesus is God and that Arianism is a heresy. 

My reply .....  There’s nothing smart in the way the debate was framed , maybe you and her can sort that out or not ?

So carry talking about these bible interpretations that none of of yous have done so far , why’s that? 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Orthodox_Christian:

This is how Joeseph goes about calling individuals names.

>''I called you what you were as in an indoctrinated sheep , and still you cannot explain how you are not an indoctrinated sheep ''

Two can play this game. How are you not? 

@Orthodox_Christian

You say ......Two can play this game.

My reply ..... It’s a statement of fact 

You say .......
    How are you not

My reply .... Oh please do tell me how I’m now the one indoctrinated? 
    @TTKDB

I called you what you are and you still cannot explain why you’re a Christian , maybe your new buddy can assist you?
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

You unjustly called my parents "abuser's," and you did this by using the internet to do your bidding didn't you? 

Did you fly from Europe and interview my parents in person, and they said to you personally that they abused me Joeseph? 

Is this true or false Joeseph? 

You can call people whatever you want, but just because you're relying on the internet to call people whatever names you want doesn't justify your name calling tactics does it? 

Are you maybe a "radical atheist" Joe? 

Aren't you using the internet to stalk God, religion, and the religious parents and individuals, to call people names? 

Justify your tactics.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6042 Pts   -  
    Jesus was executed by a group of Roman soldiers. A god would be quite a bit more powerful, I would think, and would not be constrained to a weak mortal body.

The most powerful rulers in human history would be the closest to gods we have ever had. Someone like Ramses II, who literally had an absolute power over his people and had the most powerful civilization in the world at the time at his fingertips, as an unrestricted playground.

Jesus of Nazareth, on the other hand, was a mere human rights activist. Human rights activists can move masses, topple governments and even change the course of the historical process - but they hardly have godlike powers at their disposal.
    @TTKDB

You say ....
    You unjustly called my parents "abuser's," and you did this by using the internet to do your bidding didn't you? 

My reply .... I justly called them what they are , the internet conveyed this truth too you through my hand 

You say .....Did you fly from Europe and interview my parents in person, and they said to you personally that they abused me Joeseph? 

My reply ..... You’re a Christian and admit you don’t know why , I keep telling you the way no interviews necessary 

You say .....You can call people whatever you want, but just because you're relying on the internet to call people whatever names you want doesn't justify your name calling tactics does it? 

My reply ..... you say ....I can call people what I want but I cannot do it on the internet .....ok sue me 

You say .....Are you maybe a "radical atheist" Joe? 

My reply ......Are you a stalker?

You say ....Aren't you using the internet to stalk God, religion, and the religious parents and individuals, to call people names? 

My reply ..... Stalk the god I don’t believe in .....oh dear 

You say .....Justify your tactics.

My reply ..... I have none I’m replying to your constantly stalking me 

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

Answer the question, 

You say .....Did you fly from Europe and interview my parents in person, and they said to you personally that they abused me Joeseph? 

"My reply ..... You’re a Christian and admit you don’t know why , I keep telling you the way no interviews necessary."

Then you're a .

You're using my parents to platform your atheist rhetoric with? 

Is that your truth? 

Using the internet and others people's parents to push your atheist rhetoric with?

Go ahead keep using the internet and my family to push your rhetoric with.

You character assassinater. 
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar Jesus layed down His life so that we may repent and be saved. Reference: 
    Zombieguy1987
    @TTKDB

Still don’t know or cannot answer why  you’re a Christian? Ask your parents buddy 
    Nathaniel_B
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

"Still don’t know or cannot answer why  you’re a Christian? Ask your parents buddy"

Are you trying to be as popular as the other atheists who are published? 

Why don't you talk about your own parents Joeseph and leave mine alone? 

Nathaniel_B
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6042 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

This does not make Jesus a god, it merely makes him a man who sacrificed his life for the sake of others. Human self-sacrifice is not a very common trait, but it is hardly one making the individual a deity.
    Nathaniel_Bcheesycheese
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

You wont talk about your own parents, but you choose to run the parents of others over with your atheist diatribe?

You attacked my parents with your atheist rhetoric?

Used this website to run them over with your atheist talk? 

What website did you find your anti religious symbol on? 

Your said your parents are Christian's right?

After you made that comment, Joeseph has become non communicatve over his own words? 

Isn't that what is called a hypocrisy or a double standard? 

• MayCaesar said:
    Jesus was executed by a group of Roman soldiers. A god would be quite a bit more powerful, I would think, and would not be constrained to a weak mortal body.

The most powerful rulers in human history would be the closest to gods we have ever had. Someone like Ramses II, who literally had an absolute power over his people and had the most powerful civilization in the world at the time at his fingertips, as an unrestricted playground.

Jesus of Nazareth, on the other hand, was a mere human rights activist. Human rights activists can move masses, topple governments and even change the course of the historical process - but they hardly have godlike powers at their disposal.
    This honestly reeks so much of ignorance of Christian theology that I don't know how to respond. If you would have known a lick of Christianity, you'd know that it was the Jews expecting a nationalist messiah to remove the Roman yoke and maybe establish Greater Israel. But that was never Jesus's plan, the execution of Christ is a major part of the theology, as it involves the Resurrection, an extremely important confession. Or why Christ even became Incarnate and died on the cross. You're projecting onto Christian theology extremely arbitrarily without even understanding it.
  • Unless you're talking about the histiography of the Bible, but then you should back up your claims.
  • @Joeseph
    >''Well maybe you could assist her in making it more clear as it’s not ''

John 10:30. It's honestly not hard, which is why such heresy got extremely easily squashed.

>''.Imply it ? I simply asked a question which was never answered so why are you getting all hot and bothered?''
    Man, I don't know. By the way, can you prove that your memory is real? In seriousness, I'm starting to think you're a super dedicated troll. You asked an irrelevant question. This is a debate on theology, not philosophy.

>''Well no , as no one I know words a debate in this way except this particular person , don’t believe me check it out for yourself''

That's obviously not the point. The point is, why aren't you asking all of the other atheists skeptically? Or any people in general? You picked the Christian, a Christian that sucks at debate because you think it's easy prey. 

>''I called you what you were as in an indoctrinated sheep , and still you cannot explain how you are not an indoctrinated sheep ''
    >''Oh please do tell me how I’m now the one indoctrinated? ''

Prove you aren't, genius.

''>There’s nothing smart in the way the debate was framed , maybe you and her can sort that out or not ?

So carry talking about these bible interpretations that none of of yous have done so far , why’s that? ''

Because it's a hilarious claim, honestly. OP picked fruit that's on the ground, not even hanging. It was somehow better to just talk to you.
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

Trash your own parents. 
    Nathaniel_B
    Nathaniel_B
    Nathaniel_B
    @TTKDB

Ask your own parents to answer the question you cannot as in what are you a Christian 
    @Orthodox_Christian

You say .....John 10:30. It's honestly not hard, which is why such heresy got extremely easily squashed.

My reply ....Quoting from a contradictory book of nonsense that’s it?

You say ....

Man, I don't know. 

My reply ....That is most likely your best go to  position for most questions 

You say ....By the way, can you prove that your memory is real? In seriousness, I'm starting to think you're a super dedicated troll

My reply .... Says the guy who interfered in a thread I was on and hasn’t stop trolling since 

.You say ....You asked an irrelevant question. This is a debate on theology, not philosophy.

My reply .... My question was perfectly relevant and another other atheist has likewise made comments yet you don’t troll them why’s that? 

You do whine a lot don’t you?

You say ....That's obviously not the point. The point is, why aren't you asking all of the other atheists skeptically? Or any people in general? You picked the Christian, a Christian that sucks at debate because you think it's easy prey. 

My reply .... Ask the other atheists what specifically? Why not post a debate topic up instead of whining like a child? 

All Christians in fairness are easy prey 

You say ....Prove you aren't, genius.

My reply .... So you admit you’re indoctrinated excellent, I told you this already 

You say ....Because it's a hilarious claim, honestly. OP picked fruit that's on the ground, not even hanging. It was somehow better to just talk to you.

My reply .....I agree talking to me is way better and glad I could help clear up your confusion 

There is a bug on the other topic regards should religion be banned that prevents me commenting there  you stated there ......

You say ......You are so insanely intellectually dishonest.

My reply .... One of those states you’re aware of as in your continued insanity the other you don’t possess as in an intellect so opinion on these matters can be dismissed with a snap of the fingers 

You say ....
    I didn't call atheism a quasi-religion. I called materialism/scientism that. I use the terms interchangeably.

My reply ... Stop lying your dishonesty is appalling  

You stated ......I already explained that I likened it to religion by saying how it's dogmatic and faith-based.

My reply .... There you go in your own words proving you’re a  

You say ..... You're just giving a different definition you had to find on the internet so it would suit you. I gave my definition already, smart-aleck.you compared it to religion you troll and used the terms faith and worship 

My reply .... You’ve just being exposed as a  

You say .....
    ''Religion: a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:''
    This case being radical empiricism as the fundamental set of beliefs.

My reply .... So now you’ve found a new definition so do you want to delete your previous definition?

You say ..... I told you how I was defining religion in that context and you quoted some ''accepted'' (by whom?)

My reply ..... Yes and I corrected you , also accepted by rational beings which again rules you out 

You say .... definition that obviously contradicts what I said to make me look wrong. The terms are irrelevant, I got my point across, which you couldn't challenge. 

My reply .... I destroyed your claims so lying your way out is your last option but hey you’re a .... Christian aren’t you?

@TTKDB

Confront your parents son 
  • >''.Quoting from a contradictory book of nonsense that’s it?''

Prove that it is.

>>''That is most likely your best go to  position for most questions ''

Obvious sarcasm

>>'' Says the guy who interfered in a thread I was on and hasn’t stop trolling since ''

Didn't answer the question? I guess you're indoctrinated. You should take the logical conclusion and be a Humian Skeptic.

>>''My question was perfectly relevant and another other atheist has likewise made comments yet you don’t troll them why’s that? ''

I already proved that it wasn't relevant, otherwise asking every scientist whether they can prove that they can verify with sense experience whether they can verify sense experience with sense experience. It might be hard to get at first, but radical empiricism goes like this.
    1. Knowledge is gained by sense experience.
    2. We can verify sense experience with the scientific method.
    3. So, claims of knowledge not verified with the scientific method are dubious at best.

The funny thing is, they can't verify statement 1. with any sort of sense experience. As for the others, honestly, I forgot about them. But you suffice.

>>''Ask the other atheists what specifically? Why not post a debate topic up instead of whining like a child? ''

If you don't know what philosophical skepticism is then you might not be well educated in philosophy. There's David Hume's skepticism. He was so skeptical that he doubted the cause and effect. And that all that exists are the horizon of objects. I'm telling you to be the skeptic, not me. I'm not relevant in that sense. What's relevant is that you decided to come into a theological debate and question the basis of the theology. It's like going into a discussion between atheists and go full David Hume or Descartes on them. Which you don't do, interesting.

>>''There you go in your own words proving you’re a ''

Did I contradict myself? Where?

>>'' Yes and I corrected you , also accepted by rational beings which again rules you out ''

Or maybe I did? https://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion - it's the second definition. It's almost as if words have multiple definitions and defining something like religion isn't that easy. You know what? The first one can support me too.

''a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies''

Superhuman just mean ''above human'' or ''beyond human''. The agency here is the big bang! It's self-referential, like God, it's definitely beyond what we humans can imagine (space is so cool, right?) since it apparently violates the principle of sufficient reason. As for rituals and moral codes, those aren't necessarily included in the definition as shown by the keyword ''usually''. But I think we might be able to include terrible apologetics on the internet. 

>>''One of those states you’re aware of as in your continued insanity the other you don’t possess as in an intellect so opinion on these matters can be dismissed with a snap of the fingers ''

If you want to debate on the existence of God, I'm up for it. 

>>'' I destroyed your claims so lying your way out is your last option but hey you’re a .... Christian aren’t you?''

He he, which ones?

>>'' So now you’ve found a new definition so do you want to delete your previous definition?''

Does it contradict my previous one? It doesn't, I specifically chose it because it suits me. Like how you chose yours. Dogmatic beliefs are, in fact, fundamental beliefs. 

>>''Stop lying your dishonesty is appalling''

There you go. 2 images. One showing my post, found on the 4th page of ''Should Religion Be Banned?'' by ctrl+f ''materialism''. The other showing how inattentive you are. You never quoted on on where I did call atheism a quasi-religion. I did, however, call one atheistic worldview a quasi-religion because it is similar to religions in that it is dogmatic and faith-based with it's own zealots. 

• @Joeseph Forgot to ping you.
    @Orthodox_Christian

You stated ......I already explained that I likened it to religion by saying how it's dogmatic and faith-based.

Your words buddy not mine proving you’re still lying but hey you’re a typical D I “Christian “ so it comes as no surprise 

• @Joeseph
    Lying about what? I already asked you to quote me where. Where did I contradict myself? 

>>''Your words buddy not mine proving you’re still lying but hey you’re a typical D I “Christian “ so it comes as no surprise ''

Kicking around non-denoms and protestants isn't the same as dealing with me. I'm much better at debate and philosophy then they are. Quote me, where did I contradict myself?
    @Orthodox_Christian

Read this again you stated .......You said .......I already explained that I likened it to religion by saying how it's dogmatic and faith-based

Newsflash all you do is spout diverse philosophical pieces that have no link to the subject at hand and claim you’re” good “ at philosophy and debate ..... you’re good at neither 
  • @Joeseph
    Yeah, materialism is as dogmatic and faith based. I demonstrated how. It was connected, it was me talking about how materialism as circular but not even as consistent as religion. At least Christianity doesn't try to ignore metaphysics. 
    >>'' claim you’re” good “ at philosophy and debate ..... you’re good at neither ''
    I claimed I was better at them, not necessarily good. Good enough to argue against any atheistic worldview, though.
    @Orthodox_Christian

I’m sick and tired of going around in circles on this one point, bye 

BTW what’s an “atheistic worldview”?
  • >What's an atheistic worldview

It's how atheists may view the world. I view the world as God's creation, to put extremely simple. You view it as an accident. That's a super simple example, but it gets complicated when we get into philosophy, like how history is viewed.

National Socialism's worldview is that the Jews are working to pacify and degenerate the Aryans. Marxist worldview says that culture is determined by a culture's resources. NS obviously believes that genetics has a bigger say in culture.