frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should feminine hygiene products be available for free?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta people in this thread say it's ok for women to not use anything at all. If that's the case then why should any woman spend money on any hygiene products when it's acceptable to spread blood around? You think I'm arguing the pro side here when all I'm doing is confronting one of the points made by the con side to show it's not really a viable solution. For what it's worth I don't think that would ever even be close to a common thing, but it's not acceptable to tell people in society that it's ok to just go around bleeding on things
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    @WordsMatter ;

Getting proper hygiene products is their duty, not their peers'.

I do not think I will be wrong if I say that there is not a single person in America that cannot afford a tampon. Worst case scenario, if you have nothing but your skin, you can beg for a few minutes on the streets and collect enough money to buy a tampon.
    CYDdharta
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar that's not my point. My point is the people in the con position in this thread saying just bleed freely is a bad argument
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited October 2018
    @MayCaesar that's not my point. My point is the people in the con position in this thread saying just bleed freely is a bad argument

Only one person in this entire thread has said women can bleed freely, and (s)he didn't say that was a preferred method. 
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -   edited October 2018
    @CYDdharta and in my first post I addressed that it was targeted at those who said that. One person or 500, I made it clear I was arguing against that point from the start
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta and in my first post I addressed that it was targeted at those who said that. One person or 500, I made it clear I was arguing against that point from the start
    In every reply you've made to me, you have stated "people".  People is more than one. 
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -   edited October 2018
    @CYDdharta ok crucify me. Sorry I should have directed it at one person, or I should have said I directed it at that agreement in general. Congrats you win
  • Nathaniel_BNathaniel_B 182 Pts   -  
    What? What kind of debate is this?  :expressionless:
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr
  • jjgoncharjjgonchar 2 Pts   -  
    Should food be free? What about gas, clothing, phones...? There are a near infinite number of products people need for everyday life in western society that they didn't choose to need. Should the government therefore provide everything in that category?
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    firstly it's impossible to make they free,  free =/= no cost, someone is paying for it.  Second women have existed for a very long time before these products existed, so to think women need them at no cost is nonsensical.  Consider the poor, especially in the sh1t hole or 3rd world countries, you think they have access to the various colorful, heavily advertised products available in the U.S.?  They seem to manage w/o them don't they.
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals