frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

So Religion in general is apparently more responsible

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    "Wouldn't the Christian God intervene to stop 9/11. Or the Islamic God since 9/11 has led to an increase in Islamophiobia?

Its not paradoxical because I'm sure a God wouldn't accept their followers to kill innocent people, and start a 17 year long war."

Why blame any God, for man's own doings? 

Why does any God deserved to be questioned, when some of man is guilty for his own destroying and destructive ways?

Why do the parents or parent who killed their kids, and were found guilty of their crimes but religion wasn't found guilty along with those parents or parent?

Why don't you question the judges in those cases, why they didn't find religion, guilty along with the criminal parents or parent? 

Why don't you question humanity in regards to war, and ask humanity itself, why humanity in general, seems to keep the word war, as a part of humanities vocabulary? 

Why not ask any of the Gods, your questions, or is it just easier to ask humanity why any of the Gods, why they do what they do?  
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    TTKDB said:
    "Wouldn't the Christian God intervene to stop 9/11. Or the Islamic God since 9/11 has led to an increase in Islamophiobia?

Its not paradoxical because I'm sure a God wouldn't accept their followers to kill innocent people, and start a 17 year long war."

Why blame any God, for man's own doings? 

Because God is suppose to be all knowing, caring and powerful, yet allowed 19 people with only BOX CUTTERS to hijack 4 planes and kill 3,000 poeple, which resulted in a 17 year long war that has no end in sight

Why does any God deserved to be questioned, when some of man is guilty for his own destroying and destructive ways?

A repeat of question 1 N.E.X.T.!

Why do the parents or parent who killed their kids, and were found guilty of their crimes but religion wasn't found guilty along with those parents or parent?

Why don't you question the judges in those cases, why they didn't find religion, guilty along with the criminal parents or parent? 

Once again, @MayCaesar already explained why these questions are flawed!

Why don't you question humanity in regards to war, and ask humanity itself, why humanity in general, seems to keep the word war, as a part of humanities vocabulary? 

Irrelavent. N.E.X.T.!

Why not ask any of the Gods, your questions, or is it just easier to ask humanity why any of the Gods, why they do what they do?  

Yeah, let me call God right.

*Later*

Huh, it seems i can't find their phone number, nor their address...

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

From @MayCaesar:

"It is not "my opinion", it is how our legal system works. It does not produce judgments because someone followed their religion, it produces judgments because someone committed an unlawful act, regardless of what beliefs led them there. You will never find "religion" in any crime list, because being religious is not a crime. Committing arson is, and you can commit arson both for religious reasons or not - arson is arson.

I do not know if someone has ever actually committed arson in the name of religion, although I would be surprised if the answer was "no". All I am saying is that if someone commits arson for religious reasons, it will still be called "arson" and not "religion".

I cannot make it any clearer than this."

The above is self explanatory:

Apparently religion, has never been found guilty of a crime that a citizen committed, making themselves a convict. 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

You could share the story in the forum, and this way the readers can decide for themselves who was found responsible for the crime? 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/mother-drowned-daughter-4-before-setting-fire-to-body-after-believing-she-had-to-sacrifice-her-to-a4018216.html

Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    From the story:

"A mother drowned her four-year-old daughter before setting her body on fire after believing she had to sacrifice her to God, a court has heard.

Carly Ann Harris killed Ameila Brooke Harris at their home after suffering a mental breakdown, which made her believe she was saving the world.

Newport Crown Court was told that Amelia's teenage brother found her body, wrapped in a sheet, on a table in their garden in Trealaw, Rhondda, South Wales, on June 8 this year.

Prosecutor Michael Jones QC said: "On that day Harris killed her four-year-old daughter Amelia by placing her in a bath of water and deliberately drowning her at their home address.

"The defendant then took Amelia's dead body out of the bath, covered her with a sheet, carried her downstairs and placed her body on a coffee table that was situated in the back garden, and then set fire to Amelia's body."

Mr Jones said that, on the day of the death, neighbour Megan Griffiths heard a raised voice saying "Mummy, Mummy, Mummy".

She mentioned it to her partner, Jake Barlow, but he said he had not heard anything.

A short time later Mr Barlow heard screaming outside and went into the street with Miss Griffiths.

Miss Griffiths saw Harris standing in the front garden, looking "dazed". The defendant told her: "God will be with her. The angels have taken her."

The neighbour dialled 999 and went into the back garden of Harris's house where she saw Amelia's charred remains lying on the coffee table covered with a sheet.

When the police arrived at the scene, Harris told them: "The angels told me to do it. Just arrest me. It's OK."

The court heard that one of Harris's two sons said his mother had "not been well" for some six weeks before the incident.

Mr Jones said the 17-year-old - who cannot be named - described how Harris had been suffering from anxiety and would stare out of their back window saying people were "stalking" them.

The son returned home at around 10pm on June 8 to find his 11-year-old brother crying in the living room.

Mr Jones said: "The younger brother told him 'Don't go out the back garden'.

"He asked why, and Harris entered the room and said 'Amelia has gone to heaven'.

"She said 'Don't go out the back, she's gone to heaven and she's coming back on Sunday'.

"The son walked into the garden and, once there, saw the coffee table and after lifting the sheet up he saw his sister's leg and it was charred and black.

"He then ran into the house screaming."

Home Office pathologist Dr Richard Jones was called to the house, where he found the brown duvet covering the "severely burned body of a child lying on its back".

Prosecutor Mr Jones told jurors there was no dispute that Harris killed her daughter or events leading up to the incident, but they were tasked with deciding whether she was not guilty of murder by reason of insanity, or guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

Mr Jones said Harris had been taking "small amounts" of amphetamines leading up to the incident, but experts agreed she had not been suffering from drug-induced psychosis.

Dr Arden Tomison, a psychiatrist, diagnosed Harris with schizophrenia and said at the time she was suffering form "abnormality of mental function which substantially impaired her ability to form a rational judgment".

He said she appeared to have experienced "paranoid and religious delusions" and believed she had to kill Amelia to save the world, and was being tested by God who would then return her daughter to her.

Another psychiatrist, Dr Phillip Joseph, agreed Harris had suffered from schizophrenia following a urinary tract infection in 2014.

Mr Jones said: "It is common ground between the prosecution and the defence that the defendant was suffering from mental illness."

He added: "At the time of the act she was suffering such a disease of the mind that she knew the nature of what she was doing and intended to kill Amelia, but she did not know what she was doing was wrong."

Kate Brunner QC, defending, said Harris would not be giving evidence, saying: "It is agreed she is still very unwell."

Harris, from Brithweunydd Road, Trealaw, Tonypandy, denies murder and manslaughter. She was remanded in custody.

Mr Justice Picken adjourned the trial until Monday."

• ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

How are you sure? Did God speak to you? Perhaps you should talk to Polaris95, who claims to think it IS a paradox.

- How am i sure? Well... There CAN"T be one God, otherwise we would have one universial religion. 

Sorry, that makes no sense and it is untrue. There is only one dollar yet we have counterfeits. One God would not guarantee one religion.

- But no, there are different religions, and if i, were say did believe in a god, it wouldn't make sense to only focus on one religion that claims there's a god.

What would make sense would be to evaluate claims on their merit. That is what honest people with integrity do.

- Taking this into account, the most popular religion in the U.S is Christianity, and the terrorists religion is Islam. So, wouldn't the Christian god intervene to protect the people on the planes and targets since they are his/her supportors?

And your reasoning is? You are free to assume whatever you like, but can you explain why you assume what you do?

- But, based on what happened, he/she just sat on the sidelines

In other words, God did not do what you assumed he should. So what?

- And wouldn't the Islamic god either help the terrorists, or betray the 19 followers and also help the people who are about to die on the planes and targets?

I wouldn't know. I have no logical reason to assume an “Islamic god” would help or hinder the terrorists, or that an Islamic god” exists.

- But since it appears the terrorists got their way, that means A. The Christian is'nt all powerful, loving and knowing or B. He/she doesn't exist, but the Islamic one does since he/she possibly helped the terrorists

And you probably think you're logical don't you. Of course, one option could not be that God is not our babysitter genie protecting us from our own decisions.

Your "logic" is blind to that possibility.
    Zombieguy1987
    ethang5 said:
    @Zombieguy1987

How are you sure? Did God speak to you? Perhaps you should talk to Polaris95, who claims to think it IS a paradox.

- How am i sure? Well... There CAN"T be one God, otherwise we would have one universial religion. 

Sorry, that makes no sense and it is untrue. There is only one dollar yet we have counterfeits. One God would not guarantee one religion.

- But no, there are different religions, and if i, were say did believe in a god, it wouldn't make sense to only focus on one religion that claims there's a god.

What would make sense would be to evaluate claims on their merit. That is what honest people with integrity do.

- Taking this into account, the most popular religion in the U.S is Christianity, and the terrorists religion is Islam. So, wouldn't the Christian god intervene to protect the people on the planes and targets since they are his/her supportors?

And your reasoning is? You are free to assume whatever you like, but can you explain why you assume what you do?

- But, based on what happened, he/she just sat on the sidelines

In other words, God did not do what you assumed he should. So what?

- And wouldn't the Islamic god either help the terrorists, or betray the 19 followers and also help the people who are about to die on the planes and targets?

I wouldn't know. I have no logical reason to assume an “Islamic god” would help or hinder the terrorists, or that an Islamic god” exists.

- But since it appears the terrorists got their way, that means A. The Christian is'nt all powerful, loving and knowing or B. He/she doesn't exist, but the Islamic one does since he/she possibly helped the terrorists

And you probably think you're logical don't you. Of course, one option could not be that God is not our babysitter genie protecting us from our own decisions.

Your "logic" is blind to that possibility.
    God is suppose to be ALL CARING!

If he/she was ALL CARING! they wouldn't let 3000 people die!