frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Amazon going to succeed on countering Trump immigration order - Bezos vs Trump

Debate Information

Looks like Jeff Bazos is going all out against Trump administration by championing opposition to Trump's highly controlversial immigration executive order. Who is going to win this war
https://wsj.com/articles/amazon-is-working-with-lawmakers-to-counter-trumps-immigration-order-1485814300
  1. Live Poll

Trump vs Bezos

20 votes
    1. Trump
      65.00%
    2. Bezos
      35.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• akwoz_1039akwoz_1039 2 Pts   -  
    Wow, that is an outstanding debate agsr! I had a chance to check out your profile and you are #1 on the leaderboard by a landslide. Now, coming back to the debate, I believe that Trump will win the fight against Jeff Bezos. I happened to not hear about this before you mentioned it on the debate. I had no time to debate in the morning, when I found it so I will do so now.
    Donald Trump is the president of the United States of America. He has much more power than Bezos. Jeff Bezos, can make any argument against Trump as well as the current administration/Cabinet, but he will never win that debate.
  • Bezos has a lot of power as well as Trump. It may be about a fair match for them, but I say that's bezos may win that argument as well as greatly reduce Trump's currently low approval rating.
  • akis_1992akis_1992 2 Pts   -  
    I think Trump would win that argument due to him being the PRESIDENT of the USA.
  • akso_1992akso_1992 2 Pts   -  
    I think that Trump would win that argument.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Both Bezos and Trump has lots of power, but in a slightly different way. Bezos is a genious of his time, and he will continue to surprise everyone with innovations that change this world. His power struggle with Trump is a tough one. He picked that fight before Trump became president, and now continues his battle.
    I am not sure it is a risky move to pick a fight with someone so powerul as president Trump, given Trump ego and pattern of actions. It will be fascinating to watch this situation over time. A fight of titans. Polls so far on DebateIsland. Om show not so great odds for Bezos, but Bezos is used to be an underdog and has history of taking down his giant opponents over time. Lets see.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • Another great point agsr. In my opinion, Trump will be the winner for their debate. The poll also points to that right now.
  • I disagree, in my Opinion Bezos will win their debate.
  • aiiais_1929aiiais_1929 2 Pts   -  
    I disagree, I think that Trump will win their debate.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    I have to take a contrarian view on this point and say that Bezos will win. Bezos gave us Amazon as a startup. It took down Barnes and Nobles empire. That was unthinkable at that time. He has blew up every industry he touched. Who could hav even suspected that a book store is going to wipe out major corporate datacenters in the world with the aws web services offering. Either Bezos is a time traveller who sees the future and brings ideas back, or he is a genuius that accomplished more than just winning against an unpopular president. We probably cant even imagine what Bezos has in mind with this fight. He has a plan, we just dont see it yet.
  • Well, both Trump and Bezos are tremendously successful business men. Although, Trump is now the president unlike Jeff Bezos. Donald Trump has officially hit a new level compared to Bezos. In my opinion, Donald Trump would win against Bezos. He now holds a much larger amount of power than Bezos will just adds to his likelihood of winning their very own debate. Many politicians, business men, world figures, people and more have insulted Trump. Jeff Bezos is just one little needle in a haystack, at least in this situation.
  • skidoe_1029skidoe_1029 12 Pts   -  
    I think that Trump would win.
  • Bezos would win.
  • Bezos is used to being the underdog as agsr said. I think that he would win in that situation. He would also be the underdog due to him being a CEO not the president of the USA. Although, he is worth much more than donald a Trump as well as Amazon having a higher worth than Trump's company. In that case he may not be the underdog. In power he may be.
  • aiiz_2029aiiz_2029 2 Pts   -  
    I think that Trump would win in that situation. Also, good point in the underdog situation and point. I think he may be the underdog.
  • I think Trump will win.
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    With Jeff Bazos back in the news today, I just found this debate from a month ago, him taking on Donald Trump. 
    I don't think that ultimately Jeff made progress resisting Trump's immigration orders, but I actually wonder if it's a great idea to have someone like Donald Trump on the other side of a fight, when Bezos may need support from the government on possible support
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    Nice debate, and as we have seen this Monday Trump ultimately got his ban back.  Bezos, Patrick stewart, and other liberals didn't have a chance against him.  
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    This time, while not speaking out specifically against immigration, Jeff Bezos attacked Trump with a marketing ploy for marketing 'the man in High Castle', by what looked to many as Anti-Trump resistance movement.  Another risky move by Bezos. He also owns Washington Post, so he is double-down on his Anti-Trump bets 
  • potenicsriyzzpotenicsriyzz 2 Pts   -  
    Trump! Trump!
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I agree that Bezos is doubling down against Trump. Bezos is a brilliant guy, but that is a very risky move given unpredictability of Trump's actions. If Trump can accuse Obama of wiretapping him, can you imagine what he can do to Bezos. Trump is showing his enemies what he can do, and Bezos should take notice in his risk-return calculations there.
    Live Long and Prosper