frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

How Kids Displaced Dads as Rulers of the Household, According to Economists - WSJ

Debate Information

Looks like economists are saying that kids are displacing dads as rulers of the household, resulting in kids getting much more stuff. What do you think, are dads getting their family status reduced and will this trend continue, resulting at Kids becoming rulers of the family?blogs.wsj.com/economics/2017/01/31/how-kids-displaced-dads-as-rulers-of-the-household-according-to-economists/
  1. Live Poll

Dad vs Kids - who is in charge?

6 votes
    1. Dad
      66.67%
    2. Kids
      33.33%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• akwoz_1039akwoz_1039 2 Pts   -  
    Another great debate agsr. I think that Dads are the oldest as well as bringing home the pay check unlike most kids. That's why in my opinion dads are in charge. Also, not a great claim by the WSJ making a horrible argument.

PS I love the new points and level icons next to the profile for debaters! Great new feature. I checked with Debate.org and they don't seem to have that and a lot of other stuff debateIsland.com has unlike many other Debate/forum website. No wonder it is probably the best debate website on the web! I will be sure to like this debate and many other as well as share them. What's interesting is that I found it through an organic search, but it's ranking is low. Very surprising, considering that I would put it at number 1. Keep up the great work DebateIsland.com.
  • I think that kids may be partially taking over the household as the article states. In my opinion, the user akeoz_1039 was wrong with his debate, but right about DebateIsland.com being the best debate website everrrrrrrrr!! Debate.org and others can't even compete with them when their rank goes up!!!!!!!
  • Dads are always the boss.
  • It seems to be tied in the polls, I will go with dads. They should attempt to maintain their power and role.
  • Dads will always be dads.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    It is encouraging that 67% disagree with the economists who conducted the survey. Dads are still worth something.
    Live Long and Prosper