frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The (2018 election cycle) today, and how they seemed to have been campaigned on.

Debate Information

Some of the Democrats/ liberals:

The predominant talking points seemed to be health care and verbally bashing the current POTUS?

Can anyone tell me why some of the liberals seemed to be quiet on the illegal immigration conversation, and the new jobs?

There are people who are working, instead of drawing unemployment.

Some of the Republicans/ conservatives:

The predominant talking points seemed to be about the illegal immigration issue, health care, tax cuts, and keeping the country safe.

The 2018 election cycle, was just as educational as the 2016 election cycle was.

Zombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -  
    The race is not really about issues any more; it is more about two political camps trying to out-yell each other. I have not heard much in terms of actual policies from either party. Mostly they just keep saying that America is going to collapse if the opposite party achieves success on the election, and the only way to save it is to vote for them.

My take is: whatever the outcome of the election is going to be, the US will be just fine - as it has been for the last 150+ years of its existence. If the Republican party wins overwhelmingly, than nothing will change compared to the current situation of rapid economical growth. If the Democratic party wins overwhelmingly, then some of the Republican achievements in the last couple of years will be reversed, going back to economical stagnation - which would be unfortunate, but, again, we have been through that before and the end of the world did not happen. Finally, in (the most likely) case of each party ending up having a small majority in one of the two major departments (House/Senate), the Congress will likely come to a standstill, and for the next 2 years nothing will be done but endless bickering - which actually is probably the preferred scenario, as in this case the government will focus on the inter-party squabbles, leaving the regular people like us alone.

My personal preference would be the Republicans retaining (and increasing) their majority in the House, with Democrats winning a small minority in the Senate. This way the current economical growth might be preserved, and some of the malicious immigration and international trade policies reversed. Chances are, however, that the opposite scenario will occur, with the Republicans increasing their majority in the Senate, and the Democrats winning the House. Will see; tomorrow the cards will revealed.
    Zombieguy1987
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar while I agree that a government without a mandate for either party is my lowest preference, and I too would prefer Dems winning the Senate with Republicans maintaining the house, the most likely outcome is Republicans maintaining or increase their seats in the Senate while Democrats take the house.
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    If after today, the illegal immigration issue remains in the same stagnant situation that it's been in since the late 1980's, who might the rest of society get to place the blame on? 

Some of the Republicans, or some of the Democrats? 

If the million plus crimes that get committed in the United States continue to get committed, and the statistics remain largely unchanged, who might the rest of society get to place the blame on? 

Some of the Republicans, or some of the Democrats? 

I wonder that even after the election cycle of today passes, if the United States won't be in a similar situation political representative wise, and some of the seats in both the House and the Senate might not change yet again in 2020? 

Millions of campaign dollars spent on negative campaign adds, (wow what a positive way to entertain the viewing public during the primetime entertainment hours?)

There's nothing more valuable to ones dinner and family time, then to watch the campaign adds of two political representatives throwing negative campaign mud at each other? 

All of that money spent, and the public gets to view another future spat between the political representatives going back and forth at each other in another 28 months? 

If the current POTUS can manage to remain in the White House after the 2020 election cycle, I wonder who some of the Democrats might blame for that hypothetical situation playing out like that? 

MayCeasar may be right, the rest of society will be OK, maybe because in a sense, the rest of society will live with things as they are, because the rest of society really gets a choice? 

The illegal immigration issue remaining unchanged, is maybe how some want the issue to be? 

And the crime issue, maybe in a sense, will remain the same? 

But a constructive thought, wouldn't it be nice if some decided on working, rather than committing crimes? 

Wouldn't it be better, if some came into the country legally, and worked towards becoming legal citizens, instead of illegally coming into the country?