frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

#AllLivesMatter vs. #BlackLivesMatter?

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @piloteer

"What other social organization is covering the injustice for Black People in the American "justice" system? Who else will bring up the fact that racism isn't just people's hatred toward other races, it's a part of the judicial system?"

You specifically used the word "fact" in your commentary? 

Where is your evidence to support your individual above opinion? 

What internet website or webpage, magazine, newspaper, or "journalistic opinion piece", or what TV news station (local, or nationwide,) can you provide as reference material to support your individual stance? 

"I do commend you for your involvement in the walk for our lives rally and I certainly understand your concern regarding mass shootings, but that doesn't mean that we should be ignoring the issues that Black People are facing."

When a black offender, shoots an innocent black citizen, is the black offender maybe ignoring the issues of that black citizen, that the black offender shot? 

When a black offender shoots another innocent black citizen, isn't that an Injustice to the innocent black citizen and the black citizens family as well? 

When a black offender shoots another black citizen, is that an example of racism?

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited December 2018
    @TTKDB

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research-reports/demographic-differences-sentencing.
    Under the heading "key findings" it clearly states that from 2012 to 2016, Black inmates were receiving longer prison terms.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/11/new-jersey-juvenile-detention-minority-tried-adults.
    So ya, 90% of juveniles who were tried as adults in New Jersey were Black or Latino youths!!!
    https://www.wnyc.org/story/black-kids-more-likely-be-tried-adults-cant-be-explained/

https://www.theroot.com/minor-damage-the-criminal-injustice-of-black-youth-tri-1829311474.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/exclusive-mom-late-kalief-browder-dies-broken-heart-article-1.2833023
    When Rand Paul was making a bid for the 2016 republican nomination, he was very vocal about this enraging case of a Black youth who was imprisoned for 3 years while awaiting his trial. There wasn't even a date set for his trial yet when he decided to take his own life. He was accused of stealing a backpack!!!!!

https://www.statista.com/statistics/233310/distribution-of-the-10-leading-causes-of-death-among-african-americans/
    Someone made the claim on this thread that the leading cause of death for Black people is homicide committed by other Black people. Why? I don't know, but I suspect it has something to do with ingesting lead paint. The ACTUAL leading cause of death for Black people is heart disease. Homicide is not even close to the leading cause of death for Black people. I get the feeling you're not going to read any of these FACTS because you pretty much just admitted that you think Black juveniles belong in prison, but just in case you're interested, there's some actual documented evidence to support my claims!!! I never accused trump or any political party for this outrage of injustice, I blame the "justice" system and the American people for letting our rights be trampled on!!! Justice is NOT being served!

#BlackLivesMatter
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @piloteer

Can you please answer the below questions?

When a black offender, shoots an innocent black citizen, is the black offender maybe ignoring the issues of that black citizen, that the black offender shot? 

When a black offender shoots another innocent black citizen, isn't that an Injustice to the innocent black citizen and the black citizens family as well? 

When a black offender shoots another black citizen, is that an example of racism?

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @TTKDB

Whaaaaa? Ummm Ya, sure. I guess I'd have to say they'd be ignoring the issues of that black person. I don't think when someone commits murder they have any social injustice issues in mind. I think all they have in mind is either self defense, or murder. I'm totally not sure of what point you're trying to make here, but we can be sure of a few things in this circumstance. If a Black person shoots another Black person, you can be sure they'll get a longer sentence than a White person who shot another White person. They'll have to wait longer for their trial than a White person would. They have less of a chance of getting a plea bargain than a White person would. If they're a juvenile, they'll have more of a chance than a White juvenile of being tried as an adult. A Black person will have a better chance than a White person of being incarcerated while awaiting their trial. When are you going to address these issues? They're not fake issues, it really happens this way and that's why BlackLivesMatter exists. When a teenaged Black boy gets accused of stealing a backpack and is sent to jail to await his trial, and ends up incarcerated for 3 years before he even has a date set for his trial, and it causes him so much grief that he commits suicide because even if he were to finally get a trial, there was no guarantee that he wouldn't have been sent right back to prison, that's when we need a call to action! Even if that Boy was guilty, there was no reason for him to have to wait for his trial in prison. He shouldn't have been so mistreated by the system that it made him kill himself. It was a BACKPACK!!!!!!!(by the way, that case never went to trial, it's not known if he actually ever did it!!!!)

#BlackLivesMatter 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @piloteer

Where is your answer for the below question? 

Or, if a black offender shoots a white citizen, is that maybe an example of racism? 

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @TTKDB

No!! For the first question.

Not necessarily for the second.

You're really getting on my case tonight huh. Your all over everything I'm posting. I also commented on the minimum wage debate if you wanna go ahead and disagree with me on that one too.
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    @piloteer don't feed the troll. Or you can just try to out troll them.
    piloteer
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @WordsMatter

Why am I being labeled a troll?

Can you explain that please? 

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @piloteer

Your response to this question; 
    (Or, if a black offender shoots a white citizen, is that maybe an example of racism?)

Is this? 
    "You're really getting on my case tonight huh. Your all over everything I'm posting. I also commented on the minimum wage debate if you wanna go ahead and disagree with me on that one too."

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @piloteer

@WordsMatter

If a white offenders shoots a white citizen, is that maybe an example of racism?

If an offender of a certain culture,  shoots a citizen of another culture, is that maybe as well an example of racism? 

When it comes to the word (racism, narrative wise) how does it go about being used in a proper context, verses it being used in a probable biased context? 

Can that difference be explained? 
  • Nathaniel_BNathaniel_B 182 Pts   -  
    Them Black lives matter is a bunch of fools. I am aware that cops is going around killin innocent black folk, but the way they spreading that message is . They are intolerant, thats why them Trump supporters can't be by em, because they ain't wanna get jumped!  :joy: I know how they is! Black lives matter sucks, there are better ways of puttin forth messages in a positive manner, not by insulting, pushing, spitting in people's faces, throwing stuff, punching people or setting things on fire. Its sad to see even white people is in Black lives matter! What the hell? What is even happening? That are the liberals for you, bunch of fools with no college degrees protesting some nonsense, I can't stand them! All lives matter! Stop being focused on one group when its all of society! Fight for each other, not for one race! 
    Zombieguy1987
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr