frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Why do so many people hate Jesus? It is mean to hate Someone like that.

Debate Information

I love Jesus so much. He keeps me from doing something . He saved my life. He paid for my eternal security with His blood. His beautiful name scares evil spirits. He makes me feel saf. He has a sense of humor. WHY do people hate Him?
Zombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought:

As someone once said, some hate, because it's easy for an individual or a group of individuals to indulge in, embrace, or to spread hate, because it's a one sided concept to teach. 

Being respectful, courteous, polite, and having respect for one's own individual self, for those who hate, it takes more effort to be peaceful towards, and the like towards other's.

When someone hates another, that embraced emotion, only benefits the hating individual, because that embraced emotion is being used as a personal excuse to exclude others or an individual. 

Whether it was Jesus during his time with humanity, or any other modern day peaceful embracing individual, who's getting "hated" on by those who aren't embracing the easy to embrace in "hateful mindset."

A way to gauge how an individual or a group of individuals "hate" on others?

The news, local and national.

I'm beginning to think that maybe some who hate, maybe like having the name of their group being mentioned in the news, by having their actions talked about? 

It's free publicity for them, and the groups that they are maybe affiliated with? 

YeshuaBought
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @TTKDB Many good points. I have been guilty in the past of being a femal dog, but I am learning to be more open minded. I thank you.
  • hate

/heɪt/

verb: hate

feel intense dislike for.

noun: hate

intense dislike.

Jesus Christ, is widely disliked and has been widely disliked by people all through history. And if it weren't for the indoctrination of the church, and holy scripture, referring to him would be a similar action as to referring Hitler. I’m not saying that Jesus was a murderer,  a fascist, or a demagogue, what I’m saying is that the things done on his name or in the name of god, equivalent at least, to that of the massacre of the jewish people in europe, attributed to the rule of Hitler.

Just a small portion of the damage done in the name of Jesus, where the multiple holy wars waged for the conquering of Jerusalem, a site of no real socio-economical value, but a valuable cultural resource.

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @nebuchadnezzar

"And if it weren't for the indoctrination of the church, and holy scripture,"

Various individuals via the internet, have been indoctrinating individuals for years now, with their individul lideologies;

Examples;
    Some of the pro weed crowd,
    some the anti law crowd,
    some of the anti religious crowd,
    maybe some of the far left and far right crowds,
    and maybe even some of the pro illegal immigration crowds,
    and some of the various hate group/ crowds as well? 

For a while now the internet has become very inundated with some of the above for some time now? 

When some take religion, and twist and or manipulate religion for their own individual needs or causes, those various individuals deserve to be blamed rather than just blaming religion for some and their wrong doings? 

• CouleeManCouleeMan 11 Pts   -   edited November 2018
    I can't say I remember anyone telling me they hate Jesus, but I can recall times when people have ridiculed those who have faith in him.

People have many reasons to hate something or someone; I will name a few reasons I know of.

Often times people feel or express hate towards someone or something (person A will be the one who hates and person B will be, if applicable, the person on the other side of the given scenario, and in this case it is likely representing the person who is in favour of Jesus and person A is the one who hates) when:

1. The hatred or expression thereof is an act intending to reciprocate the negative expressions either directed to person A by person B or simply perceived by person A. In this scenario person B may be someone who is in favour of Jesus, yet shows hate to person A or is perceived by person A to be hateful. In this case, I can understand person A hating Jesus when based on the way a follower (person B in this case) acts, they associate that with the ome who person B follows. In order for person A to even begin to eliminate hate, that is if they see it as an issue yet, they must find out if the hate they are reciprocating is based on a real hate given to them by person B or if it is just perceived as real. Next they must decide, if it is just perceived, to try harder to see things as they really are. If it is a real hate given to person A from person B, to accomplish the same goal as before, person A must find it in themselves to not allow the hate of others to cause them to have hate, because then person A is no better than person B and nobody truly benefits, and person A will remain in contentious sorrow. Remember though, hating is not the same as criticizing. Person A can eliminate the hate they feel towards person B, and still criticize the fact that person B is hateful, despite their religious belief in Jesus.

2. Person A may feel that the gospel of Jesus Christ is in opposition to their lifestyle from which they do not want to leave for whatever reason. They may feel tthatJesus would have them feel miserable by asking them to abandon their ways that at the moment seem to bring the greatest pleasure. Relatable to this may be the New Testament example of the young rich ruler who went away sorrowing because Jesus asked him to give everything he has to the poor. A solution may be to consider that despite the commandments given by the Son of God, he does not expect us to act upon knowledge we have not received, and therefore one who thinks the gospel will bring him sorrow, do I not yet understand it to a level at which he can appropriately choose to follow the commandments. We all act in order to obtain happiness  and we can actonly accoridng to the understanding of what brings happiness. Some just don't know where to find it yet.

3. They don't understand. People have a tendency in general to hate that which they do not understand. Person A may hate Jesus's ways or character because he does not understand it/them nor can they comprehend him in a substantial enough sense. All throughout history as we see violence and genocide, we can see the effects of people taking drastic measures when they do not have the ability to understand other races, cultures, religions, and even the other gender. A possible solution may be for the person to take the time to understand the different facets of Jesus's character, or why he does what he does and why he did what he did. It would also help to know how Jesus feels about him/her as a person.

Hope those thoughts give some insight and that they can potentially make way for your understanding of those people and that it may allow you to have the patience with them that they need.
    Evidence
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    I love Jesus so much. He keeps me from doing something . He saved my life. He paid for my eternal security with His blood. His beautiful name scares evil spirits. He makes me feel saf. He has a sense of humor. WHY do people hate Him?
    How can you hate someone who doesn't exist?
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    If some take the position that Jesus doesn't exist, than why waste ones mental energy over the conversation in regards to Jesus then? 
    Zombieguy1987Evidence
  • CouleeManCouleeMan 11 Pts   -  
    @TTKDB

I agree with what you said about hate being often times one sided, or easier, and this being a reason why people are more inclined to choose hatred, but I disagree with your statement about hate only benefiting the person who hates. It seems to me that it benefits neither, at least not in a way that is greater than the pain it brings, thus the hater actually has greater deficit from hating than benefit. Though it is easier to choose hate, and though it seems at surface value to be more valuable to the hater, the benefits are far greater for individuals who choose to forgive, or to love. It takes a lot of work, but is any worth-while thing truly independant of substantial sacrifice? I for one, when comparing times i have chosen to hate people who anger me, and love people who anger me, I have felt infinitely better in the moments I have chosen love. Moments like those have taken sacrifice, but have been worth far more than harboring feelings of hatred towards a person.
    Evidence
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  

I believe most that hate Jesus is because they don't know him. I mean I don't think the Roman soldiers hated Jesus for what he said he was, or why he came to earth for, but mocked him because he was a Jew. Here was a Jew with a lot of followers that they could 'officially' publicly humiliate, so they did.

Now the Pharisees and the Sadducees did hate him exactly for what he said he was: "Son of God", and what he came for; "to reveal God to them", .. which is when they realized just who their god really was: "Lucifer, Satan the devil".
    So Satan went to work and created a New Religion that includes both Testaments, all by reading from the Bible and twisting a little here and a little there to paint a completely different picture of what Christs message was, .. who he was and who his Father God was.

and holy mother of god it worked; billions are following him; Satan the devil as the sun-god Jesus!
    Zombieguy1987
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    I have never met anyone who would openly "hate Jesus". For one, Jesus was a historical character who died over 2,000 years ago, so experiencing strong feelings towards him today makes little sense.

What many people do hate is religion that took that historical character and went on to justify some of the worst atrocities in human history in his name. In the name of Jesus, throughout the whole history millions were burned at stake or otherwise executed, thousands totalitarian societies were built, countless wars were waged... This is something that is worth experiencing strong feelings towards.

In many ways, Jesus of Nazareth was the exact opposite of what religion named after him is like. Jesus was a hippie who promoted forgiving everyone and defying the organized structures; Christianity vilifies everyone who "sinned" and subjects everyone to a total control by the church. Jesus advocated for ascetic lifestyle; churches have amassed unbelievable riches throughout the centuries. Jesus denounced any violence; Crusaders slaughtered more people on foreign land than anyone could count.

Jesus of Nazareth was a funny little guy. Jesus Christ, however, is a pretty awful character.
    Zombieguy1987Evidence
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    I have never met anyone who would openly "hate Jesus". For one, Jesus was a historical character who died over 2,000 years ago, so experiencing strong feelings towards him today makes little sense.

What many people do hate is religion that took that historical character and went on to justify some of the worst atrocities in human history in his name. In the name of Jesus, throughout the whole history millions were burned at stake or otherwise executed, thousands totalitarian societies were built, countless wars were waged... This is something that is worth experiencing strong feelings towards.

In many ways, Jesus of Nazareth was the exact opposite of what religion named after him is like. Jesus was a hippie who promoted forgiving everyone and defying the organized structures; Christianity vilifies everyone who "sinned" and subjects everyone to a total control by the church. Jesus advocated for ascetic lifestyle; churches have amassed unbelievable riches throughout the centuries. Jesus denounced any violence; Crusaders slaughtered more people on foreign land than anyone could count.

Jesus of Nazareth was a funny little guy. Jesus Christ, however, is a pretty awful character.

First, @Zombieguy1987 why did you mark my post a 'fallacy'? I understand if you post a reply after doing it, but simply mark someone's post a fallacy with no justification is, well, .. childish.

I agree with @MayCaesar Except for the: "Jesus was a historical character who died over 2,000 years ago, so experiencing strong feelings towards him today makes little sense."   because he was resurrected, he is not dead. Besides, since when does time diminish someone's greatness? Time actually proves someone's greatness, including those who claimed to be great, but were not, so over time we learn of the opposite. Pol Pot is nowhere the hero today then when he was the leader of The Khmer Rouge.

it was the RCC that created this "mock-Religion" which they named the mock word "Christian" that was mentioned in the Bible. It was used to ridicule Believers, or the early disciples of "the Way" 2,000 years ago, so to seal that mockery, the Roman Catholic Church with the help of Constantine created a Religion out of that very mock word, doing almost everything the opposite of what Jesus taught. By this they achieved Satan's bidding, made our loving Lord Jesus into a monster, .. just as you said.