If I support Trump, am I a closet Racist? - Page 3 - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate News And Just About Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

If I support Trump, am I a closet Racist?
in Politics

13»

Arguments

• Dinahj245 said: i think its not racist because at the end of the day ppl have their own opinions about everyone and its not only racist if u think of that person as a outsider alps we are all ppl 
  • @ale5 I am fine with Muslims being here, but not when they force sharia law on us and bring ISIS in.  Protectionism is the right word, not racism.
  • @SuperSith89, agreed.  Just to point out that @Vaulk really did a great job to explain in this debate that it's not racism, and that's word is often misused
    Live Long and Prosper
  • @agsr  Yeah I didn't see that before posting.  He's a very good debater.  
  • edited July 2017
    Religion is culture, and culture can't be tied to race (as anyone can adopt culture), so Trump being racist for attacking an aspect of culture is just irritating.

And as for the Mexicans deal, that "stereotype" is factually supported around half of our illegal immigration rate.

"They made up half of all unauthorized immigrants in 2016, according to the Center’s preliminary estimate, marking the first time in at least a decade that they did not account for a clear majority of this population."  http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/27/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/ ;

The article does mention a drop, but at one point the accounted for the majority! Now they're around an even split, congrats for those stellar drop rates border control.
    (By the way the rest come from the continent of Eurasia, not one country but a continent!, which makes it harder to pinpoint and eradicate the problem.)

Look @ale5, illegal immigration is a huge problem with the potential to become an even bigger pain in our asses, and when half of  all the illegal immigrants come from one country, that's an indication of where the biggest problem lies.

It's not a stereotype it's a fact, your friendly neighborhood abuelita, is also a national cross country master.
    CuriousGeorgeSilverishGoldNova
  • @ale5 Islam is not a race. Also it's not a full on immigration ban or "muslim ban".
    Retired DebateIslander, Former Earth Science Community Moderator, and ex-Flat Earther. 
  • ale5 said:
    @Vaulk, although I am still strongly against what Trump is doing regarding foreigners, I have to say that I now have a different perspective after reviewing your argument. I now understand that we shouldn't say that Trump supporters are racists.  I get your point about latinos and Muslims not being a race. That is not accurate.  So I concede.  I also just signed up for the Premium membership to support DebateIsland, and you get my very first persuaded badge.  Great debate! Very impressive.
    @SilverishGoldNova, I already conceded that point as per @Vaulk's argument.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • @love2debate

Coming from a Liberal-Democrat, I don't believe that Trump supporters are racist (at least not all of them).
  • Ban Mexicans? No. Ban illegals? Yes. Trump does not want to deport all Mexicans, he said he wants to deport illegal Mexicans because they are sending "rapists and drugs". Studies have shown that approximatly 80% of Central American women that cross the boarder from Mexico to USA get raped. 80%. Also its a well known fact that the illegal drug trade as ties back to Mexico. He never said he wanted to fully ban Mexicans so that's wrong. He put on a partial "Muslim Ban" which isn't really a Muslim ban because he didn't block out many countries that have a majority of Muslims. Obama had the same Muslim ban when he was in office and no one gave him crap, why the double standard? Also being Muslim means you practice the ways of Islam so it's a religion. You can't be racist against a religion. @thecomeotitor_19391
  • Trump supporters want to ban muslims and Mexicans due to stereotypes. That's racist.
    Muslims are not a race and so are Mexicans.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." ~Gene Roddenberry

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill
  • Simply because you want to secure the border and put Americans first doesn't make you a racist. Sorry Liberals.
  • @inc4t First off, When you talk about the travel ban you need to realize that in order for the government to protect the citizens of the United States it is necessary to take zero risks in regard to importing people from places that have been known to produce terrorists. Just take a look at Europe. Many of their nations have accepted vast numbers of refugees into their borders which has resulted in a rapid spike in Islamic Terror attacks and Sweden has become the rape capital of the Western World. It's certainly prudent to halt the entrance of refugees until we come up with a way to reliably put these people through a vetting process to ensure that we don't let in a large number of people that want to tear our civilization apart.
  • VaulkVaulk 504 Pts
    edited September 2017
    @George_Horse

Alright, I'll bite, so your logic is that because Trump supporters want to ban Muslims and Mexicans because of stereotypes...then that's racist.

So then I have to ask you George, since being racist requires that you discriminate against a race of people...what Race are all Muslims? 

Secondly, what race are all Mexicans?

I'm curious to see you answer these questions without retracting your statement in the least.

"If there's no such thing as a stupid question then what kind of questions do stupid people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stupid".