"A life without philosophy is a wasted life." - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

"A life without philosophy is a wasted life."
in Philosophy

I am really interested in what people think about this one. If a person just lived, and did not ever think about the life he lived, does that mean he wasted his life? Even if he lived happily?

Let's assume that there is a shepherd that only lives and doesn't think about life, and there is a scientist who is trying to understand the world and thinking deeply about life itself. It is true that the shepherd will have a very simpler understanding of life and will never be able to know what the scientist knows. But can't the same thing be said about the scientist as well? The scientist, by understanding life at a deeper level, has destroyed it's simplicity and he will never be able to live like the shepherd. Both lost something.
  1. "A life without philosophy is a wasted life." do you agree?

5 votes
    1. yes
      40.00%
    2. no
      40.00%
    3. don't know
      20.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• The shepherd wouldn't have lost anything, because the shepherd never had it to begin with. Also, the shepherd still could potentially gain any knowledge that the scientist has, but the scientist cannot unlearn what he already knows (barring some kind of brain injury, perhaps due to some kind of horrific fiery car crash caused by texting and driving).
  • Life without philosophy is life without nothing, because philosophy is a deep opinion that you think it can help you in my opinion. I think like this. I think every life is meaningful. Thanks!