frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Can prolifers support birth control?

Debate Information

I saw a meme saying no, and I think it's the no true Scotsman fallacy. What women choose prior to conception is justified. Birth control prevents abortion by preventing ovulation or fertilization. There is nothing to abort.
K_MichaelZombieguy1987AlofRI

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• K_MichaelK_Michael 114 Pts   -  
    I would say that prolifers should definitely support birth control, if it prevents the types of people willing to kill an unborn baby from doing so.
    Zombieguy1987
    "We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." 
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @K_Michael I agree. Me having my tubes removed will prevent the abortion I would need for medical reasons. Now I can get married if I meet a guy and have sex with him without worrying about birth control or abortion. Or sick children. I am so glad women have birth control.
    K_Michael
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    Depends on their reasoning for being pro life. If it comes from a Christian religious place they shouldn't support it as the Catholic Church condemns it and teaches that sex is only ok in an attempt to procreate. 

If it comes from your own morals that you believe it's murder then you should absolutely support birth control.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    As in many things today, there are different levels of "pro-lifers". There is the far right pro-lifer, the moderate and the left pro-lifer. I am on the left. 
    Having been involved in an abortion to save my first wife, the mother of two 6-8 year old daughters, at the time, I believe in a woman's (or her doctor's) right to choose. She (or her daughters) had two more critical years together. I would do it again if I had it to do over. Most of the U.S. want the woman's right to choose. It has been voted/polled over and over. This is still a country with majority rule. I hope it stays that way.

The abortion, by the way, was "illegal" at the time. ONE Catholic doctor in the state had the legal right to play "God". He denied the procedure. Her doctor, who had been her birth doctor (and my daughter's), gave her an un-authorized abortion. I will always be grateful for that, as will my daughters, even though one considers herself "pro-life" today. I think it is, as my ex-mother-in-law used to say "ridiculous to the sublime", to limit birth control. THAT, and "strictly pro-life" is what I would call "far right" on the abortion issue.
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI I agree. I am center left Democrat, and I am for whatever prevents forced death while maximizing bodily liberty. Check out my most recent debate. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)
    AlofRI