frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Give me one good to believe in God's existence

Debate Information

With all of the problems in the world, I see no good reason to believe in a merciful all powerful god.

Give me one reason I should.

Zombieguy1987
I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    With all of the problems in the world, I see no good reason to believe in a merciful all powerful god.

@SilverishGoldNova I hear you buddy, at times it all seems lost. The wicked seem to go unnoticed, I even seen them get more powerful and richer by the day. You hear all these Pizzagate torturing and raping children, NASA been messing with humanities mind for over 60 years, where people associate NASA-space with "science", .. the RCC took the Bible and after 1,700 years made the whole world believe that Jesus is the ancient sun-god, and that the Apostles were Christians, .. just try to change their mind?
    Job, David, Solomon and many other Biblical heroes mentioned this:

Psalm 10:5 (The wicked) His ways prosper at all times; Your judgments are on high, out of his sight; As for all his adversaries, he snorts at them.

Psalm 73:3 For I was envious of the arrogant As I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

Job 12:6 "The tents of the destroyers prosper, And those who provoke God are secure, Whom God brings into their power.
    Daniel 11:36 "Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will speak monstrous things against the God of gods; and he will prosper until the indignation is finished, for that which is decreed will be done.

Malachi 3:15 'So now we call the arrogant blessed; not only are the doers of wickedness built up but they also test God and escape.'"

Why you should believe in Infinite and Eternal All Powerful God? Because He is good, and want's all men to be saved. He will help those who seek Him find Him, but that doesn't mean your life on earth will be glorious after you find God like Christians want you to believe! Because even Jesus said: This is not my home, .. just be patient, .. I go prepare a place for you, so you can be where I am, .. with the Father in eternal joy and happiness. (not verbatim)
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    I don't know why God exists, and I really don't care about the why. I am just so blessed that He does exist, and He is so faithful. His Name is Yeshua, but calling Him Jesus is okay, as long as you know Him. Words do not exist to fully explain how faithful and loving Yeshua is, so that is why believers need the Bible to know Him better. He loves you so much, He was tortured to death on the cross to purchase a relationship with Him should you repent of past, present, and future sins, and receive Yeshua as your God, Lord, and Savior. I got saved when I was 15 years old, and Yeshua has been, is, and always will be faithful to me, even when I don't deserve Him. He is the love of my life, and He saved my life when He nd I began a relationship. I was going to kill myself when I was 15, and when I was saved, I changed my mind. That is what it means to repent! Repentance means a change of mind.
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  

There is no good reason for the existence of the magic sky man/woman.

It's just another form of indoctrination to control the masses via "If you do X, you go to Hell, and if you Y, you go to Heaven. Oh and ignore the contradictory book we call the Qur'an, Bible etc"

• @Zombieguy1987 I feel all religions (most especially the Abrahamic religions) are just:

*Person thousands of years ago writes book.*

*Book contains a bunch of rules and stories.*

*Person says people must follow these rules because God said so*
    Zombieguy1987Oppolzer
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited January 2019
    As Feynman justly noted over 50 years ago, "The Universe is too beautiful to require a creator" (not a literal quote). He liked it how physical laws shape the world around us, giving it an almost artistic beauty.

That is pretty much how I see it. The Grand Canyon tells a story of hundreds millions years in its rock layers; it is an amazing piece of the world, and standing there, not only are you impressed by the scale of the canyon and by its overall beauty, but you can see far more beauty in the story it tells.

The idea that everything has been created by someone, however, is incredibly boring. Granted, it is not necessarily wrong - we might be living in a simulation, for example - but it takes a lot away from the internal beauty of the world. Planet evolving for billions years, resulting in so much richness and diversity on it? Amazing! Someone who walked up with a hammer and built everything? Yawn.

---

The strange interpretation of beauty ("the world around is too beautiful to have appeared naturally") seems to be the only reason people use to justify their believe in god nowadays. I cannot think of any other reason. Some people do claim to have spoken to the god in their dreams and such, but then I have spoken to an ocean in my dreams, and I do not hurry up to tell everyone about speaking ocean that is directing our lives... Dreams are dreams.

---

Now, I only talked about the artistic side, and skipped the scientific side. Science beyond a reasonable doubt demonstrates that god is a fantasy. My point, however, was that, even coming purely from the emotional basis, the idea of god is ugly. People cling to religion because they want to believe that there is something out there watching out for them - but I see much more appeal in recognizing the fact that there is Universe out there so large, we will never explore even 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of it, and there will always be something new to discover!

Zombieguy1987
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova

You have to understand how people lived and thought in those times. Back then, only a negligible minority of people received any form of formal education, and even that education was incredibly primitive, given how little people knew about the world.

Not knowing absolutely anything about the world beyond your little village, for example, is scary. You look at the forest and do not know what is there. You are afraid. What if there are monsters out there? Sure, you have never encountered a monster in your life, but then, you have never ventured into the forest...

The information void must be filled somehow. Someone writes a book and describes a version of the world's history and cosmology that seems beautiful and appealing, and that someone also speaks with authority. Sure, you do not have a reason to trust them - but what alternative do you have? To keep fearing everything, not knowing what is beyond that small parch of bushes over there?

While believing a random fantasy book is irrational, I think we can cut a slack to a random peasant from 1500 years ago who fills his/her information void with wonderful stories, however illogical it can be.

There is little excuse for such behavior nowadays, however...
    SilverishGoldNovaZombieguy1987