Should Christians keep the Sabbath like Jesus did? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Should Christians keep the Sabbath like Jesus did?
in Religion

I say yes. One who believes should follow the example of Jesus Christ. 
AlofRI

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Jesus was Jewish so by your logic Christians should do everything that Jews do
    AlofRIZombieguy1987
  • Christians should do whatever Christians wish to do. Muslims should do whatever Muslims want to do. Jews should do whatever Jews want to do. Atheists should do whatever atheists want to do, etc.. ALL under the rules of the Constitution and society, of course.
    NONE should try to force their beliefs on another, OR try to make laws that would, however subtly. 
    In the beginning, I couldn't afford to "keep the sabbath". I made double time on Sunday and needed it. I worked in an "underpaid" state, couldn't make ends meet without it. Started @.0.60/hr. w/0.15 for night shift, doing precision Aerospace machine work. The Sabbath was OUT.
    Funny, the economy was better then than now. I left 19 years later, making about $6.00+hr. with a nice sum in the Credit Union to take with me. Much of that made on the Sabbath. (A hundred miles away they were making $15-20 hr. for the same work) Sometimes one can't afford the sabbath. ;-)
    Off subject, but, this economy only looks good on the surface. Underneath, it sucks.