frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Has Brooklyn Nine-Nine Become Worse Under NBC?

Debate Information

Please Remain Civil While Debating
  1. Live Poll

Has Brooklyn Nine-Nine Become Worse Under NBC?

5 votes
    1. Yes
      40.00%
    2. No
      40.00%
    3. Kinda
      20.00%
    4. Why Would I Know I Haven't Seen It
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• I think the issue is that they are recycling old jokes that worked non stop. For example, they have used the running gag of Peralta talking fast in almost every new episode which makes it tiresome to watch. I am(was?) a die hard fan of brooklyn nine nine and would jump when a new episode released but now it has become almost a task and it takes me a few days to get around to watching it. In general I believe that there was been a weird tone shift, which was definitely not NBC's intention but such is life. On one B99 community page there was a discussion of "Unpopular opinions: Brooklyn nine nine edition" and nearly 80% of the comments were regarding the drop in the quality of humor in the show. It was disheartening to see I no longer laughed out loud while watching, I simply acknowledged it as "Oh, that was supposed to be funny."
    lj123
  • sdevaryasdevarya 36 Pts   -  
    I would disagree with that. Comedy id subjective. For some people those jokes may still work whereas for some they may not. We can have hopes of B99's consistent success but no one's perfect (title of my sextape). The refrences never die and when new tv shows come out, the competitivenes is higher. Also, the 8 main charecters are unerasable. They are like a highlight of the show. You cannot expect the writers to write consistently humorous jokes and we need to accept the best we get (another title). Cool? 
    Nine-Nine!
    lj123