frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

will the usa come to blows?

Debate Information

Is the USA  so divided, we might end up like Yugoslavia did? a war zone ? https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-civil-war-on-americas-horizon/   Image result for spanish civil war
The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Only if we follow the right wing's attempt to change the Constitution to fit ONE religion's "Bible", or continue to hold the idea that democracy is not as good as some other system. It's not perfect, it needs work, it needs devotion, it need a freedom that is not for an individual but for ALL. We ALL should consider not only OUR freedom but, the freedom of those around us.'
    "This nation was founded by many men of many countries and backgrounds. It was founded on the principle that all men are created equal, and that the rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened." JFK

We can not have one religion, we can not have all the POWER (money), in the hands of a few … like Russia. When that happens only the few will be happy, the rest will, eventually, fight for their freedom … again! (Like those in Yugoslavia).

I was working with a couple from Yugoslavia when Marshal Tito was "dethroned". They were VERY happy. The first taste of freedom for their families in YEARS. Let's hope WE don't have to go for years to get back what we have …. from oligarchs OR "one religion". Neither are harbingers of "democracy".
    Zombieguy1987CYDdhartaApplesauce
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -  
    The division seems to exist only in the Internet space. I just returned from one of my cross-country road trips. I did not see any division anywhere: people were friendly everywhere, people were working, people were having fun, people were going about their business, people were chatting leisurely. In fact, I only saw two political messages throughout the whole trip: "Billionaires cannot buy Bernie" bumper sticker on a couple of girls' Honda Civic in Baton Rouge, and "Protect the border, Save Texas, vote for [candidate name]" on a billboard on highway near Houston.

In Yugoslavia, it was a bit different. People were not talking about whether universal healthcare is a good thing or not while having a cup of tea. Instead, people gut each other with knives on the streets over arguments on whether Serbs are human or not.

Have you ever talked to someone who has gone through a civil war first hand? I have. Trust me, squabbles over economical intricacies were not on their mind at the time.
  • billbatardbillbatard 133 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar You make sound points I never talked to my great great grand father matheus sands ( changed from zenz in alsace ) who fought in the 103 ovi , but my grandfather did and i talked to him , my fathers family fought in the resistance in europe 9the netherlands) during world war two i know how nazis think and we have our share
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin