frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

‘It’s just not true’: Bob Woodward blows up the myth that Barr memo means Trump ‘is out of the woods

Debate Information

Bob Woodward is no stranger to presidential scandals: the veteran journalist/author, now 76, reported on Watergate extensively during the 1970s, often teaming up with Carl Bernstein at the Washington Post.…

Bob Woodward is no stranger to presidential scandals: the veteran journalist/author, now 76, reported on Watergate extensively during the 1970s, often teaming up with Carl Bernstein at the Washington Post. And Woodward weighed in on the arrival of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s final report on the Russia investigation during an April 1 appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

The 400-page Mueller report has yet to be made available to the public, but Attorney General William Barr sent a four-page letter to Congress on March 24 that summarized some of its key findings. Responding to Barr’s letter that day, President Donald Trump tweeted, “No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!” But Woodward (author of the 2018 book “Fear: Trump in the White House”) disagrees with the president’s “total exoneration” analysis.

Do not let them pull the wool over your eyes https://www.alternet.org/2019/04/its-just-not-true-bob-woodward-blows-up-the-myth-that-barr-memo-means-trump-is-out-of-the-woods/ Do not be deceived !

AlofRI
The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    WE paid for the truth, we should see it ALL. At least the designated committees of Congress, that look at restricted information every day, should see the whole ball of wax. The longer the current occupier of the White House holds out, the more passes by the Statute of Limitations.

One of our worst "truths" in the U.S. (and, to be fair, some other countries), is that it's better to be rich and guilty, than poor and innocent. THAT is not democracy, and, even a President should not be above the law.

We have reached a point where a statement made during the 2016 elections has, apparently come true. "I could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue, nobody would care!" Well, I STILL question the "nobody", but, have less doubt that it would be punished! When a billionaire "friend" can rape dozens of underage girls and get away with: "You shouldn't have done that! Naughty, naughty!", well, can murder be much worse?? ;-(
    Plaffelvohfen
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -  
    AlofRI said:
    WE paid for the truth, we should see it ALL. At least the designated committees of Congress, that look at restricted information every day, should see the whole ball of wax. The longer the current occupier of the White House holds out, the more passes by the Statute of Limitations.

One of our worst "truths" in the U.S. (and, to be fair, some other countries), is that it's better to be rich and guilty, than poor and innocent. THAT is not democracy, and, even a President should not be above the law.
    I agree with much of your sentiment.  We need a new special council to investigate the nefarious deeds of the 0bama administration while they can still be prosecuted.
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRIAmericanFurryBoy
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited April 2019
    @AlofRI

We paid for the "Truth?"

Did the tax payers pay to have the "Steele Dossier product" created?

Or, wasn't it, paid for by another possible financial entity?

Isn't the "Mueller Report product," a by product, of the Steele Dossier product? 

Did the tax payers pay for how Hillary Clinton treated Bernie Sanders, all the way up to, prior to the DNC, and the GOP Conventions? 

Or, maybe those thousands of emails, were their own form of currency, in how Hillary Clinton treated Bernie Sanders? 

(The Truth,) can speak for itself, when some aren't trying to manipulate, persuade, or coax the voting public, with their own engineered versions of how they want the voting public, to publicly digest their perceived "truths," because some apparently have a version of the "truth" that isn't good enough for the public, when, (The Truth,) itself should be suitable enough to educate the voting public, in a fair and equal manner?
    AlofRIZombieguy1987
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    I do find strange the reluctance to release a report that is described as "totally exonerating"... More so from an administration that pretends to be the "most transparent one in american history".... 

It's really strange...
    AlofRI
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @TKDB I think the Steele Dossier was likely "offered" as the chance for a patriotic "spy" to again, be patriotic to the "west". I would have done the same had I been a spy and saw what I had worked for about to go down the drain)!
    No, The Steele Dossier was one item (among many) that made the Mueller report appear VERY necessary. Just ONE of many.

Why do some people hang on to the Hillary thing?? She's gone. Trump is HERE, and using an insecure phone every day. What, and WHO is he talking to? What about? He just LOVES every authoritarian leader in the world. Even gets "love letters" from them. Hillary was investigated by the FBI and found "careless", just as Trump is every day. Mingling with murderers … who he trusts more than our own patriots, (or the Steele patriot). "One man's patriot is another man's terrorist." I'm sure Putin rates him a terrorist, as does Trump.

WE are worried, WE should see the whole report … so says over 60% of America. If there's only "exoneration" of Trump, why not get it out? The A.G. says it is. Show it, in its entirety, to the Congress people who see "sensitive documents" every day, and it'll be over with. Simple, over and done. For SOME unknown reason that's not happening. I want to know why. You should too.
    CYDdharta
    AlofRI said:
    @TKDB I think the Steele Dossier was likely "offered" as the chance for a patriotic "spy" to again, be patriotic to the "west". I would have done the same had I been a spy and saw what I had worked for about to go down the drain)!
    No, The Steele Dossier was one item (among many) that made the Mueller report appear VERY necessary. Just ONE of many.

Why do some people hang on to the Hillary thing?? She's gone. Trump is HERE, and using an insecure phone every day. What, and WHO is he talking to? What about? He just LOVES every authoritarian leader in the world. Even gets "love letters" from them. Hillary was investigated by the FBI and found "careless", just as Trump is every day. Mingling with murderers … who he trusts more than our own patriots, (or the Steele patriot). "One man's patriot is another man's terrorist." I'm sure Putin rates him a terrorist, as does Trump.

WE are worried, WE should see the whole report … so says over 60% of America. If there's only "exoneration" of Trump, why not get it out? The A.G. says it is. Show it, in its entirety, to the Congress people who see "sensitive documents" every day, and it'll be over with. Simple, over and done. For SOME unknown reason that's not happening. I want to know why. You should too.

Even McCabe had to admit, under oath, that there would have been no investigation without the Steele dossier.  There was the Steele dossier, new reports ... and the Steele dossier, news reports ... from the author of the Steele dossier quoting sections of the Steele dossier, and that's about it.  This whole sordid tale goes back to the Steele Dossier which was bought and paid for by Hillary; so as long as this bogus investigation continues against Trump, Hillary will remain a part of the picture.
    AlofRI
    I do find strange the reluctance to release a report that is described as "totally exonerating"... More so from an administration that pretends to be the "most transparent one in american history".... 

It's really strange...
    What reluctance?  Barr has said he will release the full report just as soon as he's done with the legally required redactions.  And it was 0bama who claimed he'd have the "most transparent administration in American history", not Trump.  Of course 0bama was lying, but that was noting unusual.
    AlofRI
    He can redact, as long as he shows the entire report, without redaction, to those members of Congress who see "sensitive information" every day. They have the authority to "oversee" and judge criminality, treason, hate crimes, crimes against the nation, tax  cheats, etc.. What does he have to hide?? He, himself said "show them everything"! I'm willing to just see the redacted report as long as someone, not an appointee of the "person of interest", see the whole thing. Get it over with.
    CYDdharta
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6045 Pts   -  
    The way I see it, if there was something truly damning in that report, then the announcement would not imply otherwise. Just imagine that you are a person who has discovered that Trump's campaign was, say, staged by Putin - would be silent, carefully editing your report and keeping everyone in suspense?

This whole thing seems to me like a witch hunt, similar to what was done to Hillary Clinton on the last election with all the "e-mails". There, just as well, the reports did not contain anything constituting an offence, but people still kept talking, "Well, if the investigation is still going on, then there must be something!"

There is this amazing concept called "presumption of innocence". People would do well to exercise it. There is plenty to criticise Trump for, and there is no need to come up with accusations that have no factual basis behind them in order to do so.
    AlofRI said:
    He can redact, as long as he shows the entire report, without redaction, to those members of Congress who see "sensitive information" every day. They have the authority to "oversee" and judge criminality, treason, hate crimes, crimes against the nation, tax  cheats, etc.. What does he have to hide?? He, himself said "show them everything"! I'm willing to just see the redacted report as long as someone, not an appointee of the "person of interest", see the whole thing. Get it over with.

The problem is, they leak like a sieve.  In fact, that's the only reason they want to see the entire report, so they can leak any salacious details that may damage the administration.  "Barr is working with Rosenstein, Mueller and their key aides to produce an edited version of the report."  If you don't trust Rosenstein and/or Mueller, then you don't trust the investigation and the point is mute.  Thus far, there is no reasonable justification for the classified details of the probe to go beyond the investigative team.
  • AmericanFurryBoyAmericanFurryBoy 531 Pts   -  
    A redacted version should be released FIRST, while they decide wether to release it in full or not
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln