frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Who gets judged more via the internet in general?

Debate Information

God, Jesus, and the Bible?

Or the crimes in general that some (Individuals,) individually commit, against their innocent victims, thus affecting the victims families, and the public safety overall? 

Crimes like murder, (the non race on race shootings, and the race on race shootings?)

The sexual assaults, domestic violence, or abuse situations, illegal drug trafficking, human trafficking, the mass shooter offenders, carjackings, random drive by shootings, (that have wounded and killed the innocent people, inside of their own homes, and in their own vehicles?

Some of the adults who are teaching kids how to use illegal drugs, as well?

There are some drug users, using Opioids, and then getting other individuals, hooked on the Opioids because of the other drug user's influence?

There are other pain relievers available, (Medicinal weed, I wouldn't call a viable option, if using Medicinal weed, is followed up some then using Recreational weed,) where it's both illegal, and legal to use in some states.
Especially at ones place of work, like at a probable medical facility, or at a business that maybe doesn't use Urinalysis tests, to test their employees for recreational or medical weed use? 

Its sad how Recreational weed was getting abused by the weed users, long before Weed legalization took place?

IE, like the drugged driving incidences that have occurred since weed legalization took place, and how some of the underaged weed smokers, are still smoking their recreational weed, even in the face of the law making it illegal, for those same underaged kids, to be indulging in weed, post weed legalization? 

(There's Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Naproxen, and Tylenol, that some could use aside from either, Medicinal Weed, or Opioids?)

I guess it just depends on what kind of pain relief, a patient might seek, that doesn't find their individual drug use, being mirrored by another possible family member, or a friend? 

Some of the alcohol drinkers, who abuse alcohol, and then abuse the safety of the public overall, by chronically driving drunk, year after year, and in the face of the drunk driving laws? 

The terroristic acts that some humans have committed against their innocent victims as well, via their terrorist acts, thus affecting the victims families, and the public safety, overall as well?

Are some of the above humans getting a pass by some of the other humans, who are maybe enabling those troubled humans to illegally carry on as they illegally choose to do so?

And then some want to blame God, for what individually troubled humans do by victimizing their innocent victims, thus victimizing their families, and the rest of the public, overall as well?

I don't look to God, or Jesus, to address or fix the problems, that some troubled themselves with, and then troubled, the rest of the publics safety with?

I look for those troubled individuals, to seek out the constructive help, that they (even with some helpful assistance from other's,) to get the counseling that the troubled individual, could use, to get themselves, some help with.

There are 40,000 plus counselors across the country. There are counselors available at hospitals, available to help an individual out, if they are in a crisis.
Even the Veterans Affairs hospitals across the country, has counseling available, at those same facilities.
And in general, there are Drug, and Alcohol Rehabilitation centers around the country as well.

So a troubled individual, has various resources to get the assistant that they need, to help get their troubled selves figured out.

So instead, of blaming religion in general, for what a troubled individual, does against their innocent victims, that goes about affecting their families, and the safety of the public overall.

Blaming God, Jesus, or even religion in general, isn't an ideal notion to engage in, when God, Jesus, or religion in general, isn't responsible for what a troubled human, or a group of troubled humans, does by committing crimes, or terrorist acts, against the safety of the public overall? 

When humans in general, have various human resources, to help them, with all of the positive, and constructive help that they can get, by simply utilizing some self motivating initiatives? 

AlofRI

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I never blame God or Jesus or Allah or Mohammad. I often blame religion in general. After all, religions (or their followers) have caused millions of deaths … in the name of one god or another. Individuals often say they killed in the name of, or were told TO by a "god". Mix gods with politics and you have a volatile cocktail! 
    World peace will never come if there are different gods. The feelings are too intense. We should rid ourselves of all of them. It seems as though, if they all want us to have peace and love, whichever one may happen to be real, would be happy with S/HE/ITS world … and S/HE/ITS creations for achieving this. Think about it.? We need peace, we need love, we need happiness. Centuries of different gods and religions haven't allowed that. Let's just decide that WE, not any god, control our own destiny. WE could "create" a beautiful world. :-)
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI

"I often blame religion in general. After all, religions (or their followers) have caused millions of deaths …"

I'm sorry to say this, but you appear to be, just as wrong with your self created individual opinion, as those individual humans are, for causing those millions of deaths, committed by their own actions.

Some humans, who through their individual crimes of: Murder, rape, sexual assaults, mass shootings, drive by shootings, domestic violence and abuses, illegal drug uses, and abuses, and Alcohol abuses, are all self responsible for their own self created actions.

Show me where a Courtroom case, where God, Jesus, or Religion in general, was found guilty of the same crimes, that any criminal, or an offender, co committed against their victims, or multiple victims?
    AlofRIZombieguy1987
    @TKDB: Just "for instance". Taking today's situation, I consider the Islamic Jihadists, killing in the name of their "god", a religious problem. I blame it on the religion, not because it's not a "peaceful" religion, but because certain things are taken in a different context than, allegedly, intended. The same thing happens with Christianity and has several (many), times. You won't see the religion taken to court, OR the "god" found guilty, but, "IT" is basically, the cause of the crimes.

Now, if one of these "gods" should drop in on us and punish those who should be punished, explain clearly just what constitutes a crime or what is acceptable "devotion", then we'd know where the blame should be placed in the courtroom. Actually, we shouldn't NEED courtrooms since a real "god" would be the punisher. But, no. We have to be the god in the courtroom. No member of a religion is going to find his/her god or religion, guilty. That doesn't mean they are not in actuality.
    Zombieguy1987
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI

"I consider the Islamic Jihadists, killing in the name of their "god", a religious problem. I blame it on the religion."

Then, in a sense you're either justifying the Jihadists killing innocent people by using their religion as a scapegoat, because man can't murder other innocent people through terrorism, without using Religion as their excuse device then right?

"The same thing happens with Christianity and has several (many), times. You won't see the religion taken to court, OR the "god" found guilty, but, "IT" is basically, the cause of the crimes."

The same thing goes with Christianity, through your individual mindset of thought then, right?

When humans murder humans over say jealousy, sex, money, drugs, and or abortion, and so on, what justifications are you going to use for those individuals?

Religion again, like you expressed towards the Jihadists, or Christianity? 

Zombieguy1987AlofRI
    @TKDB:  "Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions." (Blaise Pascal; French physicist, Catholic philosopher)

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." (Steven Weinberg)

"Such are the heights of wickedness to which men have been driven by religion." (Titus Lucretius Carus)

"Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd and bloody religion that has ever infected the world." (Voltaire)

All very learned people, likely smarter than you or I. I happen to agree with them, with some reservation on the last one. It's not an "individual mindset". MANY people of high intellect …. "hold these truths to be self evident", as do I. 

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited April 2019
    @AlofRI

"Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions." (Blaise Pascal; French physicist, Catholic philosopher)

And Mr. Pascal is entitled to his individual opinion.

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." (Steven Weinberg)

And Mr. Weinberg is entitled to his individual opinion.

"Such are the heights of wickedness to which men have been driven by religion." (Titus Lucretius Carus)

And Mr. Carus is entitled to his individual opinion.

"Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd and bloody religion that has ever infected the world." (Voltaire)

And Mr. Voltaire is entitled to his opinion.

"All very learned people, likely smarter than you or I. I happen to agree with them, with some reservation on the last one. It's not an "individual mindset". MANY people of high intellect …. "hold these truths to be self evident", as do I."

Did you ask the writer of these words:
     ("hold these truths to be self evident") if you could utilize their words to make your individual opinionated point of view with?

And, I should remember as well, that the people that you utilized, to help make your points of view with, are likely smarter than you or I?

You can talk like that about them if you want, but you're not me, and I would appreciate you not lumping me in with your apparent fascination over them? 

And you are ventitled to your individual opinion.
    And I see, how you framed your individual opinion, through your very specific choice of words, to further enhance your individual opinion? 

And I view your individual opinion, as just that, as another, and apparent, anti religious individual, using the internet, to platform your individual anti religious, opinionated opinion with? 

So until the Nationwide media is judging religion as you appear to be doing?

And they are judging God, Jesus, or Religion, for having been found guilty, right along with the criminals, and the offenders, for humans having murdered humans, or a human, having sexually assaulted another human being, or if God, Jesus, is OK, with some humans participating with abortions?

I might consider your varied, individual opinions then, but until then, sadly I can't.
    Zombieguy1987