frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Who was the smartest person in the world

Debate Information

I’m asking , because I truly appreciate imagination and intelligence. Where do you stand on this subject there are many views all over the internet and through history. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YUpeeping777YUpeeping777 48 Pts   -  
    My reason for asking the question was to who brain worked as super computer complex problems in string theory’s that have baffled others for a life time or can intelligence be truly  quantified by a test or more so by a test made by one of these geniuses Ms Savant or to take another true genius’s work and prove or disprove or further the idea so all will truly understand the true genius of the work which most people just don’t see until broken down to clearly understand what has truly been a true game changer for humanity! So is it that imagination with a bit of what our society and culture sees as mentally challenged an scudded because some don’t use the human social construct that the main stream population walking through life aimlessly unaware of the difference between true genius.  Da Vinci who used natures genius from plants the golden ratio and applied it in his art. Or Tesla though his genius we would still be in the dark he just knew everything was energy and was made to out to be a kook he only advanced humanity disproving Edison”s idea of dc current  with alternating current changing  life as we know it!  Only the human greed filled business men in power would try to right him out of history, he knew and said “I am not mad people take my ideas only disappointed that they have none ideas themselves. Like Marconi who used Tesla’s patents only to have got credit after the fact or as Buddha said we all have the ability to reach true Enlightenment nirvana for we have had it since birth right inside ourselves coded within our DNA. Tesla was a high lama and ecinitric reclusive just a visionary of innovation to the earth his intelligence has been said hard to quantify I.Q. 310 and only had two years of indoctrination of college as humanity case him aside he loved a pigeon more than anything else. So I ask imagination or knowledge?  Einstein said a truly intelligent person fix”s problems True genius prevents them.  369 keys to unlocking the universe.  
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    Two people, Albert Einsten, and Jesus.
    YUpeeping777
  • YUpeeping777YUpeeping777 48 Pts   -  
    Most of Einstein’s theories just 
    That theory and the earth is round  we know now it’s more like a pear shape. I.Q. 162. and  Jesus was Truly Enlightened As Buddha was 556 years before Christ and Eliuhim to Judaism all different Beliefs. As a spin off of  christianity. The Mormons Joseph Smith to them. Beilf system ,but Comparing divinity to a human is a bit of a disservice to the faith,I am a practicing Buddhist/Christian  divinity or True enlightenment is not  comparable  to human intelligence! The smartest man tested living is Mr. Toa in Australia 220 I.Q.!  Run circles around Einstein , Bobby Fisher was smarter than him 189 I.Q. due to chess being a  geometric ,strategic and logical based game. 
    To put them two together is like an oxymoron Jesus being Christian the Jesuits they made the Julian calendar we us the Gregorian Calendar. Due to the  Spring solstice Easter was yesterday not on the Julian calendar it was changed to fit the needs of human beings For king George. Are you a believer in the heliocentric view of the universe or the geocentric view of the universe? One more theory of Einstein’s also proved wrong ,Copernicus was right; As were Aristotle and Archimedes two thousand years ago three more geniuses. Who ran circles around Albert. 

• IANVSIANVS 23 Pts   -  
    Intelligence cannot be quantified like people believe it can. It’s extremely subjective. Einstein for example was brilliant in several ways but not so much in others. He is claimed to have said something like everyone is a genius but if you expect them to perform outside of their ability spectrum you might see them as dumb. Not in those words. That to me is an incredibly intelligent observation that many people might agree with in theory but in practice will call people dumb for not having certain skills

IQ is something that should not exist. Since intelligence is subjective, dividing knowledge of commonly known material by age doesn’t really tell you anything concrete about an individual with a low or high IQ. Statistics prove that IQ predicts nothing, as a matter of fact. You can have a 250 IQ and not even be able to function normally due to the stress it would likely cause. It only separates us further as individuals to categorize us according to our IQ. Telling a person who has below average IQ might devastate them while telling someone they’re a genius might cause them to develop overconfidence and become arrogant 

Most of the time high intelligence is defined as being able to do things that most other people struggle with, but that’s oversimplified. There’s always a trade off. Being brilliant at one thing, as I said before, can subtract from other things. It almost implies that everyone has equal intelligence but it’s distributed differently 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -  
    I would name four individuals: Socrates, Aristotle, Newton and Einstein. If I were to pick one of them, I would probably go with Socrates. Arguably, Socrates is the creator of the branch of logic on which our entire modern science is based - and while, in truth, his version of logic differed strongly from the Aristotle's logic which we are using nowadays, I would argue that Socrates laid down the foundation on which Aristotle later built it.

Logic is the framework at the base of all modern intellectual activity. To lay down a foundation for something so profound, one must possess an immeasurable degree of foresight and outside-the-box thinking. Socrates was easily many centuries ahead of this time, and that is not something I can confidently say about any other historical figure.
  • IANVSIANVS 23 Pts   -  
    I’m not so sure Einstein meant that the earth was the center of the solar system. I believe he meant that one could arrive at identical calculated results by using any coordinate system. Meaning if you were to consider the earth stationary and the rest of the universe rotating around it, the calculated results of anything you wanted to know would be identical to assuming that the earth rotates and revolves around the sun at some point in space. The math might be less intuitive and more complicated in the former coordinate system but I believe Einstein wanted to demonstrate the relativity of understanding and how it makes no difference to the result @YUpeeping777