frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do you think that the Transatlantic Commission's Five Point Pledge is agreeable?

Debate Information

The  Transatlantic Commission on Election Integrity released a 5 point pledge they are asking that all elected representatives or candidates agree to a pledge that includes the following 5 points:

- Not to use or spread data that is gained  illicitly for discrimination purposes
- .Not to disseminate misleading doctored photos or video
- To be transparent about the use of bots
 -To train their staff in basic cyber security measures
 -To be transparent about sources of finance 

What is your opinion? 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    I see an inherent problem in the current government tackling the issues of the electoral process, given the obvious conflict of interests: the current government is interested in staying in power and is very likely to use the points of the pledge to increase its own chances of being reelected. It can accuse its opponents of violating any of the stated points, and use its governing power to perpetuate biased investigations suppressing dissent.

I would take it more positively if the commission did not consist of public figures, but, rather, of common individuals with no personal stake in its activities.
  • BrandyKnightBrandyKnight 62 Pts   -  
    Well put. What I would like to see would be a limit on spending altogether. I think it would make things more honest and ensure that someone isn't paying their way into office. The focus would be more on key issues because the dollar would mean more.