frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Several injured in school shooting. Should teachers be armed?

Debate Information

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTqw2fFNo3A
I say yes. If the shooter had been killed before they could commit murder, less people would be dead.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6045 Pts   -  
    I think the teachers should be allowed to carry guns while at school, but, realistically, they are not likely to stop a shooter who has been training for a while and planning the execution. A better bet would be working on:
    1. Police response time and efficiency.
    2. School guards' response time and efficiency.
  • AmericanFurryBoyAmericanFurryBoy 531 Pts   -  
    Not in Denver. They have a whole law enforcement agency dedicated to school threats (made after columbine), thats usually pretty good at handling threats
    ZeusAres42
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

if the choice between unlikely and no chance at all, it's not a difficult choice.
    There are plenty of things that can and should be done with regards to school security.  You'd think by now it would have been done and yet.....  After 9/11 it didn't take long before all planes had secured doors to the cockpit and all the security you have to go through just to get on.
    Plaffelvohfen
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals