frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Marijuana should be legal, change my mind.

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

I'm asking you; not NORML. 

Ok, let's break this down into steps.  Please can you answer me the following: 

TKDB said:

My argument:
    I'm against the liberalization of the US via the legalization of marijuana route.
    So you think the reason for the legalization is to reflect liberty on the US? So in other words, the US government have decided to reflect liberty/freedom of the US by introducing the legalization of weed? 

Give me a yes or no and then please elaborate on that yes or no in simple straightforward answers. 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited May 2019
    @Plaffelvohfen

I will not cater, pander, or coddle, to a liberal pro marijuana individual.

Just like those children, kids, or families, who are having to tolerate a marijuana addicts drug use around them, they shouldn't have to pander, coddle, or cater to their parent, or parents, medical marijuana, or recreational marijuana use, whether it's legal or illegal.

That's not proper parenting.

Nor is that kind of an environment safe, or nurturing, for any kid, children, or for any family in general.

This is my platform statement:

I'm against the liberalization of the US via the legalization of marijuana route.

And I'm not breaking it down for you.

So, if you can't provide a counter argument, I understand.

@TKDB said:

My argument:
    So you think the reason for the legalization is to reflect liberty on the US? So in other words, the US government have decided to reflect liberty/freedom of the US by introducing the legalization of weed? 

Give me a yes or no and then please elaborate on that yes or no in simple straightforward answers. 
    @TKDB ;
    My argument:
    So, if you can't provide a counter argument, I understand.
    Do you realize that it's a position, not an argument??  An argument would be WHY you hold this position... To date, you haven't provided any arguments, you just stated a position...

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen ;

This is my argument:

Part 1) I'm against the liberalization of the US via the legalization of marijuana route.

Part 2) Just like those children, kids, or families, who are having to tolerate a marijuana addicts drug use around them, they shouldn't have to pander, coddle, or cater to their parent, or parents, medical marijuana, or recreational marijuana use, whether it's legal or illegal.

That's not proper parenting.

Nor is that kind of an environment safe, or nurturing, for any kid, children, or for any family in general.

And I'm pro kid, children, pro sober family, and pro Democracy.

So when an individual states that they are pro marijuana, or marijuana user, in general, that's telling me, and the rest of the public, that that pro marijuana individual, and the marijuana addict, is anti family, being that they apparently prioritized their illegal marijuana, or medicinal marijuana uses, before their own homes, and families? 

Show me any Polling data from the Pew Organisation, that states, that a marijuana users drug use, wasn't viewed, as more important than their family life, was, or is currently?

Look for that polling data, and share it with this forum? 

Plaffelvohfen
    @TKDB

1) it's is not an argument, it's a position... Need a dictionary?

2) it's your personal opinion, not an argument either... 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

Prove my argument wrong.

And prove my opinion wrong as well.

Go back to Pew, and see if you can find more information to self pander to your liberal pro marijuana ideology? 

Or call NORML, and see if they can prove my argument, or opinion wrong? 

@TKDB

Prove an OPINION wrong??? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You are a fascinating specimen...
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited May 2019
    @Plaffelvohfen

You're educating the public via your bias pro marijuana mindset, right?

So apparently, and basically you're pro marijuana user, and maybe, anti family, right? 

Because, you've stated nothing to the contrary have you?

Nope, just hounding me, because of my pro kid, children, family, and pro Democracy arguments? 
    @TKDB

All you provide are opinions... If you can't differentiate between an opinion and an argument, you've got serious problems and you should seek help...

• piloteer said:
    @ZeusAres42

@ZeusAres42

Please trust me, you DO NOT wanna get dragged into this. From one friend to another, RUN NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN. RUN NOW, AND NEVER EVER STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :#
    I hate to say I told you so, but.........................................................................I told you so!
    Lol, thank you. However, you might have noticed that I kept on bringing the topic back on track each time. That being said, with the amount of times that TKDB continued to throw red herrings/irrelevant things out there it is very clear that TKDB is either not interested in a linear line of rational discourse or doesn't seem to know how this process works. Furthermore, the fact that TKDB avoided my question/s and tried to lead the debate in another direction multiple times means that there is high probability TKDB will do it again. In fact, I am predicting another irrelevant comment from TKDB straight after TKDB has read what I've said here.

Based on what I've said here to you, you can now rest assured that I am done with TKDB.
    Plaffelvohfen

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

You're educating the public via your bias pro marijuana mindset, right?

So apparently, and basically you're pro marijuana user, and maybe, anti family, right? 

Because, you've stated nothing to the contrary have you?

Nope, just hounding me, because of my pro kid, children, family, and pro Democracy arguments?  

Your argument, is to hide behind your own words, like this:

"All you provide are opinions... If you can't differentiate between an opinion and an argument, you've got serious problems and you should seek help..."

@ZeusAres42

Your street argument, is to hide behind your own words like this: 
    (This is ZeusAres42 showboating, because he's a pro marijuana liberal.)

"Lol, thank you. However, you might have noticed that I kept on bringing the topic back on track each time. That being said, with the amount of times that TKDB continued to throw red herrings/irrelevant things out there it is very clear that TKDB is either not interested in a linear line of rational discourse or doesn't seem to know how this process works. Furthermore, the fact that TKDB avoided my question/s and tried to lead the debate in another direction multiple times means that there is high probability TKDB will do it again. In fact, I am predicting another irrelevant comment from TKDB straight after TKDB has read what I've said here. 

Based on what I've said here to you, you can now rest assured that I am done with TKDB."

I gave you and ZeusAres42 the contact information for NORML, and the two of you scoffed at it.

Which means, they aren't good enough for you I guess?

Image that, a real world website that exists, and the two of you playing games, behind, your anonymous website names? 

• Prediction confirmed.
    piloteerPlaffelvohfen

• I'm still not confrontable with the idea marijuana ever held a state of being illegal. What was always regulated was the high a person can achieve by smoking marijuana and the amount of tetrahydrocannabinol in the blood stream. The presumption was is a person held marijuana in a certain way the idea of consumption was reasonable belief to base prosecution on.

Again, the civil argument in legal status is in negligence in participation of death over control of sales of marijuana as decades have gone by and not years in constitutional regulation by law. The abuse allowed connection to the direct loss of human life not just by organized crime in relationship to the public but by gangs members as well.

piloteer
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited May 2019
    "@TKDB

---------------------------------------------"That's not proper parenting"?!?!?!?---------------------------------------------------

Now, I guess that any assumptions that I could possibly make about you or anybody on this site, would only be an assumption. BUT I KNOW, you're NOT a parent. I AM. That's how I know you're not. You can deny it, or admit it here, but no matter what you do here, at least YOU will know I'm right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited June 2019
    @piloteer

Do you use marijuana around you kid, or kids?

Is recreational marijuana legal in your state? 

Because if not, that's not good, is it?

"BUT I KNOW, you're NOT a parent. I AM. That's how I know you're not. You can deny it, or admit it here, but no matter what you do here, at least YOU will know I'm right!"

@Plaffelvohfen

Are you a parent as well?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    https://www-cnbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/01/08/author-warns-about-a-true-link-between-marijuana-and-schizophrenia.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQDoAEC#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/author-warns-about-a-true-link-between-marijuana-and-schizophrenia.html

Tell Your Children' author warns parents about a 'true link' between marijuana and schizophrenia

Matthew J. Belvedere | @Matt_Belvedere
    Published 2:43 PM ET Tue, 8 Jan 2019Updated 3:56 PM ET Tue, 8 Jan 2019CNBC.com
    • Alex Berenson, former New York Times reporter turned author, says he wants to sound the alarm about research into marijuana and mental illness.
    • Berenson's book, "Tell Your Children," comes at a time when many states are legalizing or thinking about legalizing cannabis use.
    • The National Cannabis Industry Association says: "there is nothing to suggest that cannabis consumption causes mental illness." 

"Alex Berenson, former New York Times investigative reporter turned author, says he wants to sound the alarm about research into marijuana and mental illness at a time when many states are legalizing or thinking about legalizing cannabis for medical and recreational use.

In his new book, "Tell Your Children," Berenson argues the case, citing research from the National Academy of Medicine. On page 289 of the NAM's 2017 report, "The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids," the nonprofit group concluded there is a risk. "Cannabis use is likely to increase the risk of developing schizophrenia and other psychoses; the higher the use, the greater the risk," wrote the NAM, which advises the U.S. government on health issues.

Berenson told CNBC on Tuesday the NAM "did a 500-page report that says basically that nearly all the medical benefits are either unproven or don't exist, and there's a true link to psychosis and schizophrenia, which are terrible diseases." 

Morgan Fox, a spokesman for the National Cannabis Industry Association, downplayed Berenson's research in a statement emailed to CNBC.

"The connection between cannabis consumption and mental illness is tenuous at best, and the fact that we don't know more about it is just another reason to change policy so that it can be more easily researched," he said.

"So far, there is nothing to suggest that cannabis consumption causes mental illness, though some research suggests that it may exacerbate pre-existing conditions," Fox said. "There are tens of millions of regular cannabis consumers in the United States, and if it was truly a contributing factor to mental illness, we would be seeing widespread negative effects, and we simply are not seeing that."

"Supporters of legal cannabis, known by many names including marijuana, can point to a number of other studies advocating for the medical uses of the plant's compounds such as the psychoactive THC for nausea and CBD, which doesn't get users high, for pain relief. The U.S. government's National Institute on Drug Abuse lists some of the science around the benefits, even though cannabis remains illegal at the federal level.

However, 10 states and Washington, D.C., have already legalized recreational use of pot. Another 23 states and D.C. have legalized marijuana for medical use. Last year, some 20 states considered legalizing adult, recreational use of cannabis, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures research group.

In October, Canada became the largest country in the world with a national, legal marijuana marketplace. Canada has had legal medical marijuana since 2001, which led to a burgeoning cannabis industry north of the U.S. border. Canadian pot companies, many of which are now publicly traded stocks, have been positioning themselves for possible, broader legalization in other countries.

"Good luck with that," Berenson said, arguing the pot industry is going to feel the wrath "the first time there's a case, a really bad case of psychosis" that's blamed on marijuana use.

Berenson credits his wife, a forensic psychologist, for motivating him to write the book. "[She] said to me, 'I see so much cases of crimes where the person was using at the time, using for years, had become psychotic, have become schizophrenic. And I didn't really believe her. I think a lot of people don't believe this if you haven't done the work, done the research."

Americans don't seem to be listening. According to a Pew Research poll in October, 62 percent of respondents say the use of marijuana should be legalized. That's double those favoring it in 2000. "

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  

Finally you've come around. I'm glad you see that when recreational marijuana is legal, it is good. Yes, recreational marijuana is legal in the state I live in.
  • @TKDB

Schizophrenia is a serious mental illness that interferes with a person’s ability to think clearly, manage emotions, make decisions and relate to others. It is a complex, long-term medical illness, affecting about 1% of Americans. Although schizophrenia can occur at any age, the average age of onset tends to be in the late teens to the early 20s for men, and the late 20s to early 30s for women. It is uncommon for schizophrenia to be diagnosed in a person younger than 12 or older than 40. It is possible to live well with schizophrenia. 

https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/Schizophrenia

Marijuana is not the crime the influence of search "THC" redirects here. For other uses, see THC (disambiguation). Tetrahydrocannabinol is the crime. INN: dronabinol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol
  • @TKDB ;

By pollution standards how much THC is permissible to breath? In relationship to all other forms of air pollution? These questions sounds like a clear ability to think clearly, can you think clearly?
  • Is this form of air pollution subject to more serious problems such as hidden additives of narcotics to create greater serious addictions to those narcotics and not marijuana ? This question sounds as though it requires a clear ability to think. The answer I understand to be truth is yes it can. Again The United States of America is not the Soviet Republic our constitution is made of both basic principle and legal precedent it is the requirement to be titled Constitution. A Law held as both legal precedent and basic principle is not Constitution. there is no effort to change your mind we are just asking to at lease demonstrate the ability to think clearly.
    @piloteer

Then sadly, you're wrong?

Do your kids deserve to have you using your marijuana around them?

And sadly, your state is wrong?

So basically your state is in a sense profiting off of your use, and the marijuana addicts uses, in your own state as well right?

And the taxation, and the revenue, made off of the sale of the recreational marijuana, is worth it, by exposing the kids, children, and the families, to the marijuana user's drug use? 

These questions, are the ones that should, or could have been asked by some of the news media, towards the pro marijuana advocates, activists, or representatives, but apparently were not asked? 

"Finally you've come around. I'm glad you see that when recreational marijuana is legal, it is good. Yes, recreational marijuana is legal in the state I live in."

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Your argument over viewing a parents marijuana as pollution, is a sad rationalization, of an argument to defend marijuana use, around someone's kid, children, or families? 
  • Yes, it is sad that I must point out a basic principle as truth like this. Not just to you but every person talking about this topic. What is bad is your continual unconstitutional idea of attach on the united states Constitution by not following existing legal precedent.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Its illegal, and unconstitutional to illegaly smoke marijuana around a baby, toddler, kids, children, or around families in general isn't it?

Because the marijuana user's legal, illegal marijuana use, is a violation of a babies, toddlers, kids, children, or a families own bill of rights isn't it?

A marijuana user's drug use, is infringing on those rights of those babies, toddlers, kids, children, and those families as well, aren't they?

We are talking about the fair and equality based on the bill of rights of those who are being affected by the unequal and unfair marijuana use, around the babies, toddlers, kids, children, and families right? 

"What is bad is your continual unconstitutional idea of attach on the united states Constitution by not following existing legal precedent."
  • Its illegal, and unconstitutional to legally smoke marijuana around a baby, toddler, kids, children, or around families in general isn’t it?

No, it would/could be illegal as a law written using air pollution as basic principle. In a state of the union address made between smoking marijuana in the releasing of THC near any child, otherwise it is a form of being reckless in the care of a child.

On top of this California and other states ordered the introduction of carcinogenic chemicals in tobacco along with other objects put in the vicinity of children.

You are working a Bill of Rights as though it is a Russian Bill of Right taken from its interpretation on Constitution. Not a well-tested united state that would balancing legal precedent and basic principles. Laws become and are often are complex interpretations of more than one legal precedent the influence of alcohol and influence of marijuana share the principle influence made on human judgment.

Priority one is the placing of a stay on the lethal force attached to sales of marijuana by its status of malpractice in legislation. It was a mistake accidental or intentional, fix it, fix it now! Not later.  An executive order has to be clearly establishing the point where the murder no longer is a shared burden of lethal force with everyone who simple recreationally smokes marijuana. This can be done on a Governors level if not Federal by President or Presadera.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

No your own rationale is playing this game with my argument

"You are working a Bill of Rights as though it is a Russian Bill of Right taken from its interpretation on Constitution."

Why don't you go look up a Russian Bill of Rights, and bring it here? 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2915860002?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQDoAEC#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2019/03/06/marijuana-legalization-risks-critics-downsides-car-crashes-psychosis-schizophrenia-suicide/2915860002/

Car crashes, psychosis, suicide: Is the drive to legalize marijuana ignoring major risks?

JAYNE O'DONNELL AND KEN ALLTUCKER AND SHARI RUDAVSKY | USA TODAY | 10:43 am EST March 7, 2019 

"In less than 25 years, marijuana has gone from illegal everywhere in the United States to legal for at least some uses in all but four states.

Advocates say the drug can help patients who are suffering from chronic pain, multiple sclerosis-triggered muscle spasms and the grueling side effects of chemotherapy. Some states are exploring whether cannabis could help wean people from addiction to opioids.

Beyond the medical claims, 10 states and the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana for recreational use, and more are considering it. The advocates' long-repeated argument: It's safer than alcohol or tobacco.

But as cultural acceptance of cannabis grows, opponents are warning of potential downsides. 

These critics – doctors, police and auto safety officials, parents – point to stories and studies that link the drug to suicide, schizophrenia and car crashes."

• So TKDB, why is it that you think all Marijuana users are deranged evil psychopaths that love smoking around their kids as they love to see their kid's lives ruined?

• So TKDB, why is it that you think all Marijuana users are deranged evil psychopaths that love smoking around their kids as they love to see their kid's lives ruined?

@ZeusAres42

Did I express the below?

Or are you maybe trying, to downplay my words, to self suit you pro marijuana ideology?

"So TKDB, why is it that you think all Marijuana users are deranged evil psychopaths that love smoking around their kids as they love to see their kid's lives ruined?"

The below is what I expressed to piloteer:

This question, he apparently left alone; 

(Do you use marijuana around you kid, or kids?)

These questions, he answered:

From piloteer:

"Finally you've come around. I'm glad you see that when recreational marijuana is legal, it is good. Yes, recreational marijuana is legal in the state I live in."

Then sadly, you're wrong?

Do your kids deserve to have you using your marijuana around them?

And sadly, your state is wrong?

So basically your state is in a sense profiting off of your use, and the marijuana addicts uses, in your own state as well right?

And the taxation, and the revenue, made off of the sale of the recreational marijuana, is worth it, by exposing the kids, children, and the families, to the marijuana user's drug use? 

These questions, are the ones that should, or could have been asked by some of the news media, towards the pro marijuana advocates, activists, or representatives, but apparently were not asked?  

@ZeusAres42, Is the above interaction what youre maybe referring to? 

• TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

Did I express the below?

Or are you trying to downplay my words, to self suit you pro marijuana ideology?

"So TKDB, why is it that you think all Marijuana users are deranged evil psychopaths that love smoking around their kids as they love to see their kid's lives ruined?"

Since there is no chance of having a reasonable discussion with you, I thought that I would just play around much like you yourself have been doing throughout this debate. Take it as advice that two can play that game. :)

• @TKDB ;

Why don't you go look up a Russian Bill of Rights, and bring it here? 
    Say please. 

• A Presidential state of the union on this constitution is directed at the use of legislated law as both basic principle and legal precedent. Making constitution  not a whole truth and is by basic principle a legal malpractice. Using a basic principal as lie to hide a declaration of independence by enforcement of dictation of interpolation. Law is the law and therefor is not illegal. A legal malpractice occurs when illegal legislation becomes Federal or state law.

By your position of insistence of the promotion of a united state holding marijuana illegal you are taking part in the keeping a status quo linking murders to marijuana and not the impartial money used for its payment.

https://constitution.com/constitution-of-the-russian-federation/

TKDB said (No your own rationale is playing this game with my argument.)
    The preservation of the United state constitution is that rationale that I hold. A disenfranchised constitution or a declaration of independence told to be constitutional in principle by use of lie, is still just a lie. 

I am taking your argument apart as if it is the snake in the grass it is. A snake has scales to prevent its being cut to pieces as it slithers and not walks through the open fields of truth and liberty. The suggestion is create an argument with legs so it can stand before constitution not simply sold as a soloist democracy.

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited June 2019
    @TKDB

I'm wrong? That's rich :joy:

First off, the state I live in allows all residents to grow and maintain up to six marijuana trees without any tax. You could also grow as much as you want in your house without anybody catching you. If you get caught, all they'll do is take away the excess crop. They won't fine you either. So ya, you can grow all the marijuana you need, tax free, because there's no limit to how large the marijuana plants can be. Not quite sure why it's such a problem for the state to make revenue off of the taxes from marijuana though. Much of that revenue goes into education funding (just to satisfy the self important people who take it upon themselves to be the moral warriors of children who they don't have).

If you have any real scientific proof that unquestionably links marijuana to suicide, psychosis, schizophrenia, or any other mental illness, feel free to post it, but let me save you time by letting you know there is no definitive proof that links marijuana to those things. There is however, much evidence that proves marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco. 

It is a long video, but it you'll only need to watch the first ten minutes to understand. If it doesn't break your heart to watch this adorable little girl have her life ruined by seizures, and then see how marijuana has positively effected her quality of life, then you can't really consider yourself a warrior of children's lives. If you're emotionally weak, be forewarned, it's a tear jerker.
    @piloteer

You are rich, rich on peddling, more of the old tired pro marijuana rhetoric? 

You're a marijuana user, and your state is making money off of your drug use, along with some the other marijuana using addicts, in your state?

And there are parents in your state, who are showing their kids and families what drug use looks like? 

So educate the public, on what taxation and revenue coffers, prior to marijuana legalization were being used to fund this pro marijuana rhetoric from you?

Gas taxes?
    Alcohol taxes?
    Toll road taxes?
    The taxation and revenue from Lottery winnings?
    Property taxes?
    Registration Taxes?
    Tobacco Taxes? 

What taxation did the Political Representatives in your apparently poorly funded state, used to fund Education, prior to giving the marijuana user's in your state what they wanted? 

"I'm wrong? That's rich joy 

First off, the state I live in allows all residents to grow and maintain up to six marijuana trees without any tax. You could also grow as much as you want in your house without anybody catching you. If you get caught, all they'll do is take away the excess crop. They won't fine you either. So ya, you can grow all the marijuana you need, tax free, because there's no limit to how large the marijuana plants can be. Not quite sure why it's such a problem for the state to make revenue off of the taxes from marijuana though. Much of that revenue goes into education funding (just to satisfy the self important people who take it upon themselves to be the moral warriors of children who they don't have)."

"Not quite sure why it's such a problem for the state to make revenue off of the taxes from marijuana though. Much of that revenue goes into education funding (just to satisfy the self important people who take it upon themselves to be the moral warriors of children who they don't have)."

You're calling me a moral warrior for children? 

Just curious, if a pregnant lady smokes weed, will her baby remain unaffected by the mother's weed use, yes, or no? 

Go look the information up, and see what it says? 

Please educate the public? 

Medical marijuana has its uses, but, some of the illegal marijuana users, across the country have been pushing the medical marijuana talking point, to use it as a guise to help the marijuana addicts get their recreational marijuana legalized, on the publicity over medical marijuana, another old pro marijuana addict, talking point? 

"it doesn't break your heart to watch this adorable little girl have her life ruined by seizures, and then see how marijuana has positively effected her quality of life."

What about the quality of life, for an unborn baby, whos mother might be a marijuana addict?

What about the quality of life, for the kids, children, or the other family member, who are living with a marijuana addict? 

@piloteer

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324069.php

"Smoking weed while pregnant: Is it safe?

Last reviewed Wed 2 Jan 2019
    By Rachel Nall, MSN, CRNA
    Some pregnant women use marijuana, and researchers are still unsure how the drug can affect a fetus. As a result, most medical experts recommend refraining from smoking weed during pregnancy.

Marijuana is the illicit drug women most commonly take during pregnancy, and use is increasing in certain areas.

As drug laws are relaxing in some parts of the world, it is essential for researchers to determine when marijuana is safe to use.

In this article, learn about the possible risks of smoking weed while pregnant, as well as what the experts recommend."

"Marijuana comes from the Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica plants. These plants contain a compound called tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC.

THC has mind-altering properties that can cause a heightened sensation — a "high."

Dr. Heather Bradshaw, a specialist in cannabinoid pharmacology at Indiana University's Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, believes that there is no safe level of consumption, as the chemicals in marijuana may have lasting negative effects:

"We are on the cusp of understanding all of the effects of THC and CBD on the brain, although it is a little early to definitively state what is or isn't affected during exposure in development. However, some research suggests that early exposure of THC to the brain can increase chances of schizophrenia and affect motor development."

Marijuana use can also affect:

• memory
    • sensations, such as the appearance of colors
    • body movement
    • thinking and problem solving

The drug is illegal in many places, but legal to use for medical purposes in some parts of the U.S. It is legal for recreational use in a small number of countries.

People may use medical marijuana to treat nausea, pain, and muscle spasticity.

Possible side effects

The possible side effects of marijuana use during pregnancy include:

Low birth weight

meta-analysis of 24 studies involving pregnant women, marijuana use, and birth outcomes found a connection between low birth weight and maternal marijuana use.

Reduced birth weight is associated with low oxygen levels, difficulty maintaining body temperature, and breathing problems, among other complications.

However, not all of the studies in the analysis showed a connection between marijuana use and low birth weight.

The researchers also found that babies born to women who had used marijuana during pregnancy were more likely to require a stay in the neonatal intensive care unit, compared with those who had not been exposed to the drug.

2017 study of prenatal marijuana exposure and behavior in children also found a link to lower birth weight, especially in women who smoked cigarettes as well as marijuana.

Stillbirth risk

A 2013 study from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) considered women who experienced stillbirth at 59 American hospitals.

The researchers tested blood samples from the women and the umbilical cords. They determined that marijuana use was associated with a 2.3 times higher risk of stillbirth.

However, the researchers cautioned that it was difficult to separate the effects of smoking marijuana and tobacco. People often use the substances together, and tobacco can cause pregnancy complications."

• @piloteer ;

You are addressing a stage grievance and the revenue from marijuana will always be questionable in any balance of cost to debt. A burden of separation is to take place by regulation to relieve the general public of some unconstitutional issues that have been going on with revenue. As a substance a union relates to many united state in legislation of law. The substance which can be abused is THC and a legalization of marijuana is not relevant to all ways the substance is being abuse in general by law.

The Federal Reserve Note is a substance which can be abused in this matter. With all do respect the pollution issue of marijuana is a realistic legal precedent which needs to be addressed by state of the union. Also, the killings associated with the abuse by sale and control of marijuana revenue does not just receive an immunity to liability by a status of legislation. The argument of debate is legal malpractice in both direction of legislation, one, by an idea of marijuana holding a illegal united state. Second, by a long time of neglect in correction of basic principle in the use of lethal force by control of the sale of marijuana.

So, addressing the other side of the stage. How does a lie to legalizing marijuana effect the Drug War? Is the release from unconstitutional legislation a recognition to a past fault in United State Constitutional common defense to the general welfare in relationship to legal precedent?

A Stay Pending appeal of law s people are rewriting how the substance of THC is abused in recreational use.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/s/stay-pending-appeal/

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

How do you feel about the below, in light of your individual argument?

"Smoking weed while pregnant: Is it safe?

Last reviewed Wed 2 Jan 2019
    By Rachel Nall, MSN, CRNA
    Some pregnant women use marijuana, and researchers are still unsure how the drug can affect a fetus. As a result, most medical experts recommend refraining from smoking weed during pregnancy.

Marijuana is the illicit drug women most commonly take during pregnancy, and use is increasing in certain areas.

As drug laws are relaxing in some parts of the world, it is essential for researchers to determine when marijuana is safe to use.

In this article, learn about the possible risks of smoking weed while pregnant, as well as what the experts recommend."

"Marijuana comes from the Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica plants. These plants contain a compound called tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC.

THC has mind-altering properties that can cause a heightened sensation — a "high."

Dr. Heather Bradshaw, a specialist in cannabinoid pharmacology at Indiana University's Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, believes that there is no safe level of consumption, as the chemicals in marijuana may have lasting negative effects:

"We are on the cusp of understanding all of the effects of THC and CBD on the brain, although it is a little early to definitively state what is or isn't affected during exposure in development. However, some research suggests that early exposure of THC to the brain can increase chances of schizophrenia and affect motor development."

Marijuana use can also affect:

• memory
    • sensations, such as the appearance of colors
    • body movement
    • thinking and problem solving

The drug is illegal in many places, but legal to use for medical purposes in some parts of the U.S. It is legal for recreational use in a small number of countries.

People may use medical marijuana to treat nausea, pain, and muscle spasticity.

Possible side effects

The possible side effects of marijuana use during pregnancy include:

Low Birth Weight

meta-analysis of 24 studies involving pregnant women, marijuana use, and birth outcomes found a connection between low birth weight and maternal marijuana use.

Reduced birth weight is associated with low oxygen levels, difficulty maintaining body temperature, and breathing problems, among other complications.

However, not all of the studies in the analysis showed a connection between marijuana use and low birth weight.

The researchers also found that babies born to women who had used marijuana during pregnancy were more likely to require a stay in the neonatal intensive care unit, compared with those who had not been exposed to the drug.

2017 study of prenatal marijuana exposure and behavior in children also found a link to lower birth weight, especially in women who smoked cigarettes as well as marijuana.

Stillbirth Risk

A 2013 study from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) considered women who experienced stillbirth at 59 American hospitals.

The researchers tested blood samples from the women and the umbilical cords. They determined that marijuana use was associated with a 2.3 times higher risk of stillbirth.

However, the researchers cautioned that it was difficult to separate the effects of smoking marijuana and tobacco. People often use the substances together, and tobacco can cause pregnancy complications." 

• How do you feel about the below, in light of your individual argument?

Smoking marijuana and smoking tabaco are a forms of air pollution.

Do we drive a car or take public transportation we likely cause the same air pollution issues.

After what I have informed you of, in relationship to lethal force and the involvement of the general public you are willing to participate in a malpractice of constitutional law as a united state. Redirecting murders and harm by the introduction of the negligence of others and not yourself.

A malpractice does not constitute guilt it describes negligence which may be accidental for many reasons as it takes place in a practice held by united state. Everything you are saying can be addresses accordingly in a constitutional legal fashion which does not set a perjury over the enforcement of the United States Constitution which has taken place to date. 

• @piloteer ;

As a common defense to the general welfare the growing of marijuana is a way in which the person can alienate themselves form the violence of achieving profits from sales of narcotics and marijuana. The obstacle here in legislation is the zoning regulations which from reading your post appear to be already influence a guideline in the control of marijuana growing in general. Having seen images of this plant I can see the attraction to its ecstatic value as nothing more than a plant.

As TKDB is apparently on a crusade of some kind how do we convince the general public that when a plant is grown on private property for its visible beauty the theft of its fruit or flower is wrong?

piloteer
    @TKDB

I thought you were supposed to produce scientific evidence that definitively links marijuana to mental health issues. All you got for us is the dangers of smoking marijuana while pregnant. Eating shellfish is dangerous for pregnant women too. Lets recap where your argument stands.

*You were unable to show us that legalization of marijuana causes parents to use marijuana in front of their children.

*You were unable to show us that if a child were to witness a parent using marijuana, it would in turn cause the child to use it to.

*You were unable to prove that there's scientific evidence of mental health issues from marijuana use. 

* You haven't even tried to prove that your argument that's based solely on emotions is more accurate than solid scientific proof.

*You can't prove that you're a trustworthy moral guide for parents or children.

*You haven't even tried to show how marijuana adversely affects society. This is a major one, because it's actually the main point of your argument.

*You can't prove that marijuana causes permanent damage to adult users.

Without any of that in place, all we have from you is an argument against legalizing marijuana because that's just the way you feel about it. All we have from you is an argument that America will become liberalized if marijuana is legalized. Ummmmmm, even if that were true (which you can't even explain why or how this will happen), what harm would that cause anyway? You fully admit that you don't actually like or care about children, and you were satisfied seeing that little girl suffer, all for the sake of resisting liberalism. The opposite of liberalism can be defined as close minded, bigoted, fascist, and socialist. Conservatism is not the opposite of liberalism.

Please stop arguing based on your "feelings". You aren't informed on any of this, so your feelings are worthless. 

Plaffelvohfen
    @John_C_87

Some people do believe that if marijuana is legalized, consumers will no longer need to buy it from gangs or illicit drug dealers who also sell narcotics. This puts less people into contact with hard drugs. 
  • In America marijuana is legal until proven as illegal in a judicial process of constitutional separation by court of law, or admission of a guilt by the person who is holding the substance. I have a marijuana rope and I feel tug of War is a game the teaches a general understanding to democracies. this same piece of rope has been the cause of many human death by hangings both legal and illegal as public lynching's. The substance abuse of any legislation is against THC use only by legal precedent, air pollution, or public poisoning as a united state and this is not made clear by its basic principle of effect on a person by legal actions take by the means of state prosecution for control. Marijuana is also a hemp meaning tool that has other purpose to a society and its value will far pass the simple action of recreation stimulation. 

In basic principle the simple idea of holding select parts of marijuana, and the smell of burning marijuana was a reasonable indication in the belief that an influence is undertaken by a person. Some time ago in past regulation. The civil allegation that is to be met in grievance is directed at the malpractice that takes place knowingly taken place by how the legislation of law is written. In original context the excuse of testing for the amount of influenced was used as an excuse to address all holdings of the substance as wrong in united state, then punishable by reprimand.

There are two very distinctive state of the union a religious state. this much like alcohol and tobacco among things, and a the medical influence which is also shared as united state with alcohol and tobacco. The past precedent as a state of the union in addressing legislation is the immediate separation from the misconduct of human lethal force. The substance abuse placed on the Federal Reserve Note directly includes is included by the substance abuse of marijuana and substance abuse by law as a united state. Marijuana is publicly measured by weight of value in United State Federal Note a payment made on all debt legal or illegal until prove beyond reasonable doubt. To be whole truth.
  • @piloteer ;

Knowing what is known now in influence of united state should State and Federal Congress move now to legislate substance by its greatest threat to the general welfare air pollution? This constitutional separation is not a rating on the extent, damage, or abuse of the threat created by the pollution itself. It is a statement of whole truth under which a group of consumers of a common welfare product can be distributed safely through regulation.

Arrest and detain someone for narcotic offence on air quality matters, or arrest, detain, or summons by the degree of constitutional enforcement and separation required to hold and maintain tranquility?

@piloteer

All I see, is a marijuana user, who's state, is pandering to you, because of your marijuana habit, and are pandering to the habits of the marijuana addicts, in your state, by making money off of your habits, and your brethrens addiction problems, because your state, maybe has a money management issue, or problem? 

And some of the pregnant mothers, who are using marijuana while pregnant, are  apparently causing harmful issues to their unborn babies as well? 

So your, and your drug addict marijuana using brethren, can hide behind your very own words, and treat the internet like a defensive shelter, and hunker down in it, because neither you, or your drug addict brethren, have one valid argument to make, to justify your marijuana use?

Other than pushing your own pro marijuana users rhetoric?

"States With Legal Recreational & Medical Cannabis

• Alaska
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Maine
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan*
    • Nevada
    • Oregon
    • Vermont
    • Washington
    • Washington D.C."

"States With Medical Cannabis Only

• Alabama* (CBD only)
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas**
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia* (CBD only)
    • Hawaii
    • Illinois
    • Indiana* (CBD only)
    • Iowa (CBD only)
    • Kentucky* (CBD only)
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi* (CBD only)
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New Mexico
    • New York
    • North Carolina* (CBD only)
    • North Dakota**
    • Ohio**
    • Oklahoma
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina* (CBD only)
    • Tennessee* (CBD only)
    • Texas (CBD only)
    • Utah
    • Virginia* (CBD only)
    • West Virginia**
    • Wisconsin* (CBD only)
    • Wyoming* (CBD only) "

Just because your state is pandering to your marijuana use, it fails to make you, or your state, any more right unto itself, in the light of the rest of the country that hasn't broken itself down to pander to the rest, or the other marijuana drug addicts across, the rest of the country? 

So continue to educate the public, with your below pro marijuana rhetoric?

"" *You were unable to show us that legalization of marijuana causes parents to use marijuana in front of their children."

"" *You were unable to show us that if a child were to witness a parent using marijuana, it would in turn cause the child to use it to."

"" *You were unable to prove that there's scientific evidence of mental health issues from marijuana use."

"" * You haven't even tried to prove that your argument that's based solely on emotions is more accurate than solid scientific proof."

"" *You can't prove that you're a trustworthy moral guide for parents or children."

"" *You haven't even tried to show how marijuana adversely affects society. This is a major one, because it's actually the main point of your argument."

"" *You can't prove that marijuana causes permanent damage to adult users."

You're preaching to yourself, and to the rest, of your pro marijuana supportive choir, with your own, above pro marijuana rhetoric?

You're not preaching anything new, are you?

If medical marijuana, is being used by some of the marijuana addicts, as a talking point, to help push the legalization of recreational marijuana unto the rest of the public, via the legalization of medical marijuana language, the rest of the country should take note, of how the "marijuana using street politicians" are trying to con, the rest of the public, with their pro medical marijuana con artist street talk?
    piloteerPlaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Your argument fails, your own arguments.
    piloteer
  • TKDB said:
    @John_C_87

Your argument fails, your own arguments.
    Didn't you mean to say my argument fails your requirements of a test? That isn't really a bad thing to fail some kinds of test created by people. The test is dwelling on a process which is obsolete. 
    piloteer
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Does your argument benefit the country as a whole, yes, or no?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    The legalization of marijuana benefits the marijuana user's, and the addicts?

The legalization of marijuana benefits it's own taxation coffer?

Because the other types of taxation and revenue coffers, that existed before the legalization of marijuana, I guess just weren't helping enough, to help a state fund, its own school, and education programs? 

The legalization of marijuana benefits the marijuana industry, it benefits the previous criminals, and the offenders who were once incarcerated in jail, because of their previous marijuana use charges, and their possession of marijuana charges?

And along with the above benefactors, maybe or apparently, it benefits those individual citizens, who go about campaigning for a public office, by making marijuana legalization as a probable part of their campaign speeches?

Maybe to encourage those marijuana user's, in some of those places where marijuana isn't legal, to vote for that citizen, who's running for a public office?

The 2020 Election cycle is coming up, and watch who says what about marijuana legalization, by campaigning on that specific talking point?

I wonder what individual Republicans, Socialist Democrats, and Democrats will use it as a part of their campaign speeches? 

Other than the above, I don't get how the kids, children, and the families, who live with, put up with, and are growing up with a marijuana user's drug use, how those same kids, children, and families, benefit specifically from their parent, or parents marijuana use, around their own families?
    piloteerPlaffelvohfen