frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

dogs should be loved and respected.

Debate Information

I have had a dog get help for me when I was at risk of serious injury, and in severe pain due to falling off my porch. Dogs are faithful, and forgiving, and I believe dogs have the right to be loved, and respected, no matter what they do. Change my mind?
About Persuade Me

Persuaded Argument

• @YeshuaRedeemed
    I believe dogs have the right to be loved, and respected, no matter what they do. 

I like dogs, every animal really but if a dog attacks me or my kids, I'll kill it without a second thought...

Firsthand experience with that here, unfortunately.
    We had two dogs at one point, a Cocker Spaniel and a Toy Poodle. 
    The neighbors two dogs were Boxer/Mastiff mix, and they dislodged a board in their fence, came into our back yard and one of them pretty much bit our Poodle almost in half, and we were faced with the tragic task of having to have him euthanized.
    Our neighbor paid all the bills and expressed remorse about it but I nevertheless informed him that I had no choice but to view both his dogs as vicious. The older one of the animals died recently but the killer dog still lives with them, and I view that animal as a threat to our new dog** AND my wife, who is disabled and lives in a power wheelchair.

And I've informed my neighbor, quite politely, that if his dog gets loose again, I'll have no choice but to shoot it dead if I see it running around on my property. And it's something I hope I never have to do, because it's not as if I view the dog as evil, just poorly trained and poorly socialized. But I have to put my animals and my loved ones first anyway.

(** Our old Cocker Spaniel eventually died of natural causes due to age)

(Betty Boop, aka "Boopers")

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RyanHoughRyanHough 71 Pts   -  
    why would anyone want to change your mind!!! are you just looking for an argument? If you don't care for your animal you don't deserve its loyalty and you don't deserve the animal either. This is a subject and I advise anyone looking at this post to ignore it. The only people who would try to convince @YeshuaRedeemed otherwise are idiots and should be charged with animal cruelty.
    that is if they have been cruel to an animal
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @RyanHough I am not cruel to animals, I am just presenting material for debate. I love animals as my little neighbors.
    This "material" is not good for debate. good day
    @RyanHough I love and respect dogs, and would like to debate this.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I agree, but, not just dogs.

I had a German Shepard, a show dog that was trained to obey hand signals. Smart and beautiful. He (likely) saved my life once. I was driving home in a blizzard in Maine (night shift). About a quarter mile from home I hit a snow drift in the middle of the road at about 2am. I had to walk the rest of the way. When I started walking I was almost instantly snow-blinded and disoriented. I couldn't even find my car again. I started yelling for "Ricky" ( AKC name: Count Eric of Sano). A few minutes later a shadow was licking my hand. I grabbed his collar, said "home" and he led me through the 2+ft of snow.

Another time, same dog. We had to leave my 3 yr. old daughter with our 94 year old Grandmother for about an hour every day. (She still travelled to Florida every year to visit friends). Anyway, my daughter had gotten out and wandered into the middle of Rt. 202. She was about to panic when she saw Ricky come around the house, run into the road and force my daughter back to the yard.

There is no "debate" here. If anyone doesn't "respect dogs", they are disrespecting man's best friend. Then again, if one does not respect the wrong dog, they may wish they had. Respect them one way or the other. A young man was killed by 4 dogs he was caring for, for someone else, here in RI last week. I don't know what caused it, but, like MAN, they can be the best friend … or dangerous.
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed
    I believe dogs have the right to be loved, and respected, no matter what they do. 

I like dogs, every animal really but if a dog attacks me or my kids, I'll kill it without a second thought...

" Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    AlofRI said:
    I agree, but, not just dogs.

I had a German Shepard, a show dog that was trained to obey hand signals. Smart and beautiful. He (likely) saved my life once. I was driving home in a blizzard in Maine (night shift). About a quarter mile from home I hit a snow drift in the middle of the road at about 2am. I had to walk the rest of the way. When I started walking I was almost instantly snow-blinded and disoriented. I couldn't even find my car again. I started yelling for "Ricky" ( AKC name: Count Eric of Sano). A few minutes later a shadow was licking my hand. I grabbed his collar, said "home" and he led me through the 2+ft of snow.

Another time, same dog. We had to leave my 3 yr. old daughter with our 94 year old Grandmother for about an hour every day. (She still travelled to Florida every year to visit friends). Anyway, my daughter had gotten out and wandered into the middle of Rt. 202. She was about to panic when she saw Ricky come around the house, run into the road and force my daughter back to the yard.

There is no "debate" here. If anyone doesn't "respect dogs", they are disrespecting man's best friend. Then again, if one does not respect the wrong dog, they may wish they had. Respect them one way or the other. A young man was killed by 4 dogs he was caring for, for someone else, here in RI last week. I don't know what caused it, but, like MAN, they can be the best friend … or dangerous.
    Agreed. I love and respect all animals. Dogs just happen to be my favorite animal. Should I change the title?