Should the US be a country, or an empire? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Should the US be a country, or an empire?
in Politics

By piloteerpiloteer 325 Pts
coun·try
/ˈkəntrē/
noun
noun: country; plural noun: countries; noun: the country
  1. 1.
    a nation with its own government, occupying a particular territory.
    "the country's increasingly precarious economic position"
    synonyms:state, nation, sovereign state, kingdom, realm, territory, province, principality, palatinate, duchy, empire, commonwealth More
    "he became the greatest ruler the country had known"
    homeland, native land, native soil, fatherland, motherland, mother country, country of origin, birthplace;
    the land of one's birth, the land of one's fathers, the old country, one's roots, one's home
    "I had a chance of representing my country"
    • em·pire
      /ˈemˌpī(ə)r/
      noun
      1. 1.
        an extensive group of states or countries under a single supreme authority, formerly especially an emperor or empress.
        "the Roman Empire"
        synonyms:kingdom, realm, domain, territory, province; More
          a large commercial organization owned or controlled by one person or group.
          "her business empire grew"

1. Live Poll

Should the US be a country, or an empire?

3 votes
      1. Country
        100.00%
      2. Empire
          0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
    Predicted 2nd Place
    11%
    Margin

Details +

Arguments

• SharkySharky 34 Pts
      I'm not clear on the premise of this question. The United States has never been, or sought to be, an empire. If we had, we could have practically ruled the world immediately after World War II. Instead, we chose to rebuild Europe with the Marshall Plan and rebuild Japan as well, All of the recovering, war-torn countries were quickly encouraged to elect their own governments. Can you elaborate on why you asked this question?  
    • John_C_87John_C_87 141 Pts
      @piloteer ;
      The legal precedent as the challenge of debate places the United States of America as the One Nation under the axiom of GOD as its basic principle, where as the principles of an Empire relies on a translation of a single powered authority as its idea of God.
      Sharky said:
      I'm not clear on the premise of this question. The United States has never been, or sought to be, an empire. If we had, we could have practically ruled the world immediately after World War II. Instead, we chose to rebuild Europe with the Marshall Plan and rebuild Japan as well, All of the recovering, war-torn countries were quickly encouraged to elect their own governments. Can you elaborate on why you asked this question?  

Ironically a United State is created by the ruling of the world, in speaking at liberty all nations under a united state consitutional priciple could rule the world as they are moved to a united state bound by two forms of priciples. This is in oposition to democracy which is not a united state as it relise on a independent vote and forms a separation based on majority and not the legal precedent formed with whole truth.