frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

are you kidding ?

Debate Information

this is about the dumbest on-line debate site ever; rathe the majority of the people on here simply do not know the rules of a debate and use the site as a sounding board to rant and rave( like I am doing now). most of their posts make little sense and their answers go so far afield from the original debate that the original post is lost. change my mind
PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42George_HorseAlexOland

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Sadly, some subjects attracts certain types of debaters and that is true of any debate forums, even in front of an audience, some people don't know what shame is... There will always be disingenuous debaters or trolls and there are some with actual cognitive dissonance problems... After a while you know who's who and you can either ignore or play... 

But there are those who even when disagreeing can have serious debates in conviviality and good faith, and you end up recognizing them too after a while...
    maxxZeusAres42piloteer
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen an excellent reply; and perhaps eventually we can weed out those who only want to argue and then this site can be used what it was created for.
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @maxx

This site is geared toward casual debate. Debateart, or DART, is where the superintensive debaters are. All the debate.org peeps are there now. 
    maxxZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    You say ....... most of their posts make little sense and their answers go so far afield from the original debate that the original post is lost. change my mind

My reply .....You posted up a debate topic on racism stating it was inherent to humans , you made various statements to support your assertions but when questioned by me and others you offered not one defence of your position, why’s that?

You posted up a piece on prayer and make a rather strange statement about “positive brain energies” and could not explain what you were talking about instead you posted a link to a site that involved a mish mash of psuedoscientific nonsense , why can you not offer a defense for your assertions.

As soon as you’re questioned on any of your assertions you either flee or post a link up that explains nothing ,maybe you can resolve this situation you’re giving out about by actually debating? 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee because you do and would not understand
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee it has been shown by science that quantum mechanics has an influence on actual reality, can I prove it? no, but science has. I can show you links to it but that would not be my opinion. yet a strong scientific mind like yours should be able to accept science on face-value. look it up!! 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Maxx

You say ...... because you do and would not understand

My reply .....How childish , what a cop out “you would not understand “ which means you actually cannot as I suspected defend any of your positions as now proven 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You say .....it has been shown by science that quantum mechanics has an influence on actual reality, 

My reply .....Quantum mechanics itself does not make reference to reality it makes predictions of measurement results 

You say .......Can I prove it? no, but science has. 

My reply .....It hasn’t , 

You say ......I can show you links to it but that would not be my opinion. 

My reply .....If your last link is an indication of future links I think it best you don’t 

You say ......yet a strong scientific mind like yours should be able to accept science on face-value. look it up!! 

My reply .....I agree which is why I laughed out loud at your last link which is totally anti science , yet a weak pseudoscientific mind like yours finds it entirely plausible. Pseudoscience, look it up !!

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee again. look it up!  it has much more to do than observing measurements. name one book that you have read other than the bible and that is non-fiction. need a start.  I suggest Stephen hawking and a brief history of time. it is an easy read and even you may get some benefit from it
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You say .....again. look it up! 

My reply ......I don’t do pseudoscience, I will leave that to you 

You say ......it has much more to do than observing measurements.

My reply .......That what quantum mechanics do , I know that comes as a shock to you 

You say ......name one book that you have read other than the bible and that is non-fiction.

My reply ......Wow! Getting questioned by a geek who gets all his opinions from You Tube 

You say ......need a start.

My reply .....I suggest you heed your own advice as everything you post is someone else’s opinion 

You say .....suggest Stephen hawking and a brief history of time.

My reply .....I bet you’ve never even read it 

You say ......it is an easy read and even you may get some benefit from it

My reply .....I know and I did get it you certainly did not as your last link to a new age nature site clearly demonstrated 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Deeyou are wrong on all counts 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee ; I believe you are only on this site as to attract attention to what must be an boring existence. I see nothing on here where you try to educate others with ideas; you simply say they are wrong and insult them. you claim you are an expert on the bible, in which I doubt, however anyone can point out the mistakes in it as it is written today.  The bible was originally written(most of it) in early Hebrew which was written in block form, with the letters written and read from right to left. with no capitals, no vowels and no spaces between the words or any paragraphs. I suppose you will claim I am wrong on that as well.  Before eve, there was a book left out of the bible about lillith who did not accept adams superiority and became a demoness. ever hear of Gilgamesh? I am sure such an biblical expert of yourself would know all of this without looking it up. it is a shame there is such a time-gap between our answers for I doubt you could answer questions such as these in rapid-fire
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You say ..... are wrong on all counts 

My reply .....Superb defence and so typically you , as in “I’m right you’re wrong nah , nah , na nan , na , ne 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee what, no reply to the rest of it?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @maxx

I'm sorry that your experience has been what you have expressed thus far.

I have come to the impression, that the internet is where some, and their various mindsets, ideologies, one sided opinions, and or rhetoric pushing like to play with the public, via their distorting views?

Hopefully it's not that way with all websites, but given my experience with a few thus far, it has been that way.

Reason being, one can create an anonymous name, and act, and carry on in a way that suits them, because its the internet?

maxx
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You say ..... ; I believe you are only on this site as to attract attention to what must be an boring existence.

My reply .....Thank you Dr Freud for your analysis, reading your tripe would put an insomniac into a coma you’re a champion when it come to boring 

You say .....I see nothing on here where you try to educate others with ideas;

My reply ......I did try but in your case one cannot educate pork , you had not one answer to several questions I posted on your ridiculous copy and pasted “argument “ on racism 

You say .....you simply say they are wrong and insult them.

My reply .....If you and other religious nuts fire off insults you get them back 

You say ......you claim you are an expert on the bible,

My reply ......I am 

You say  ......in which I doubt,

My reply .....The opinion of a buffoon bears no relevance on my obvious expertise  

You say ......however anyone can point out the mistakes in it as it is written today. 

My reply ..... Anyone? Christians think it perfect so tell me do the billions of Christians agree with your “assessment “?

You say ..... The bible was originally written(most of it) in early Hebrew which was written in block form, with the letters written and read from right to left. with no capitals, no vowels and no spaces between the words or any paragraphs. I suppose you will claim I am wrong on that as well. 

My reply ......And your point is exactly?

You say ......Before eve, there was a book left out of the bible about lillith who did not accept adams superiority and became a demoness. ever hear of Gilgamesh?

My reply .....And your point?

You say ......am sure such an biblical expert of yourself would know all of this without looking it up.

My reply .....You just posted a piece that’s a rambling bit of nonsense with no relevance to anything

You say ......it is a shame there is such a time-gap between our answers for I doubt you could answer questions such as these in rapid-fire

My reply .....Yet another ridiculous assertion from a geek who thinks “cutting edge “ science is found in a new-age nature site , you have the intelligence of a pot plant and that’s being generous 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @TKDB truly spoken. I have yet to find a site that does not have on it individuals who use a site for simply ranting
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee you bore me. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Maxx

You say ....You bore me 

My reply......I was going to insult you but I see genetics has beaten me to the punch by taking it out on your face 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @maxx the copy and paste was in say a prayer, and yes there are many new age christians who realize the mistakes in the bible. you have no real intelligent  capacity at all.  do this site a favor and leave it for dumb r us.  they are looking for door stops. what no picture; I understand. they have sites for ugly people as well. bye!!
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You say ..... truly spoken. I have yet to find a site that does not have on it individuals who use a site for simply ranting 

My reply ......Where would you normally do your ranting , I also see you have made friends with one of the site nuts you guys should get a room 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee perhaps so. at least I have friends. only ones you may have are other trolls. why dont you simply debate normally like others on here? you are the only one I have seen who acts like this 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

You say .....
    perhaps so. at least I have friends. only ones you may have are other trolls.

My reply .....That’s your definition of friends oh dear. But all you do is troll buddy 

You say .....why dont you simply debate normally like others on here?

My reply ..... But I do , you are the one insists on posting a debate topic asserting a view and not defend it , don’t believe me? 

Look at my reply to your racism debate 

You say ......you are the only one I have seen who acts like this 

My reply .....I debate fairly with others who give respect you don’t as you’re a troll when you learn to behave I mar re- engage 
    maxx
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    Fine by me. I’m not following you around. As far as I’m concerned you can go merrily upon your way.  @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You say .....Fine by me. I’m not following you around. As far as I’m concerned you can go merrily upon your way.  

My reply ......Indeed , I suppose that is your best way of avoiding defending the various points you made on your racism debate as you realize you’ve no  defence .....you’re dismissed 
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    You get people riled up when you debate a controversial topic, and when you start to insult people in that very debate.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @George_Horse I was replying in kind to dee. she kept throwing insults at me until I was forced to reply. perhaps you should read before stating I began insulting someone
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Thats inaccurate and unfair I asked you to clarify your position regards several positions you held and you reply was ..... because you do and would not understand.....

Thats terribly immature and childish yet you rage about others behavior .....strange 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee I think if you re-read the transcript you will see that you began the insulting. take time to read it again.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Incorrect I never resort to insult until another throws the first jab , from my first encounter with you for some reason you took exception to being questioned you resorted to insult and you got it back .

I see Ethang who’s the most abusive on here gives out also about Atheists insulting him all because he flies into a rage when questioned, I care not he like you can insult away at least you’re not a rabid racist like Ethang 
  • AlexOlandAlexOland 313 Pts   -  
     It is true that there are some people who just use "no" or "you would not understand" as an argument or make claims without basis... but this post is an insult to all the skillful debaters on this site. MayCaesar - especially MayCaesar -, Dee, Plaffelvohfen (and many more) are among the people I have mad respect for. I do not agree with them on all issues but this does not change the fact that they are people who are capable of making sound arguments and they geniunely try to understand what the other side is trying to argue for. 

@maxx I have seen your debate with @Dee under the "justice" post. When he asked you questions you refused to answer them and said things like "you would not understand"... I think you made this post because you are angry at people for not straight out agreeing with you. 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    We agree to disagree. I’m neither religious nor an atheist. Many do not realize that if they were born elsewhere or in another time they would be arguing the merits of a different religion and so help any one if someone put it down.@Dee
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    I think you should read my first post which I believe is say a prayer; this is where dee began her heavy insults. After that it just went down hill from there. I could care less if people disagree with my posts yet in explaining as to why they should use logic rather than random nonsense @AlexOland @AlexOland
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @AlexOland

Thank you for that Alex and the respect is mutual , I always enjoy your points of view and even if we don’t agree your reasoning is always excellent. I love to exchange views that’s what we are here for and I  will engage with anyone , if someone throws a jab they get two back that’s the way I am but would much prefer if it didn't happen. Maybe I should just disengage in future but it’s the fighting Irish in me :)
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

The point you’re making is unclear could you clarify?
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @Dee I wasn’t making a point; just saying that when I first joined this site and my first post was say a prayer in which you started your regime of insults against me. I just read it again from start to finish and I agree I threw  insults but that was after you just kept insulting me. Read it yourself again. I was amazed for I wondered if everyone on this site acted in such a fashion 
    @maxx I have checked "say a prayer" just now but I do not understand what it is you wanted me to see there... The only thing I learnt from that was that you attempt to use quantum mechanics just like Deepak Chopra does. You both think that an "observer" is someone who has consciousness... yet in quantum mechanics an observation just means interaction. 

At the start, the electrons are in a superposition of several "states". They exist at more than one place. Then we send them other particles to observe them and this interaction forces them to decide on a single "state". This is called a wave function collapse. 

In fact, the double slit experiment would still work even if nobody individually looked at the electrons. The important thing here is interaction.
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @AlexOland I was answering in reply to you saying I am insulting others especially dee and was pointing out that she was all over me on that post, which was my first one. And what makes you think I posted justice because I am angry? People nor their actions had nothing to do with it. It’s a simple debate. Do you answer debates because you can’t get people to agree with you? Of course not. I posted it because this is a debate site,  which means to debate in which as of now we are not doing. 
    @maxx

"you saying I am insulting others"  

I said that this post was an insult to great debaters on this site. I was not meaning "insult" in a literal way. 

"was pointing out that she was all over me on that post"

Not really... you started to make no sense there. She said that your idea was silly and said that you were talking nonsense. And I will have to agree with her on that one. 

"And what makes you think I posted justice because I am angry?"

I never said that you posted justice because you are angry. I said that you made THIS post because people would not agree with you.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Again this is simply not true you said at the very start your arrogance is telling , I don’t “misconstrue “ the idea of debate, do you not think this type of remark is unwarranted? At this stage you just want to say you’re right yet again all because you say so

.....either you are missing my point or misconstruing the idea of a debate. Are you agreeing with my post? The idea of a debate is to argue the opposing side. I said IF a prayer works then it would “ not” be the prayer doing it but instead the positive belief from our minds. I could attempt to explain this from the point of quantum mechanics on how individuals create their own reality through their thinking 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @AlexOland

Thats exactly what I accused him of before as in using Deepak Chopra style gobbledygook nonsense. Incidentally Alex I’m male for some reason Ethang and Maxx Assume I’m female 
    @Dee "Incidentally Alex I’m male"

Oh sorry, so I was right the first time. 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    You guys can argue among yourselves. If you don’t like my posts or think that they are attempts at insults to the site then simply do not answer them@AlexOland
    @maxx

"his is about the dumbest on-line debate site ever; rathe the majority of the people on here simply do not know the rules of a debate and use the site as a sounding board to rant and rave( like I am doing now). most of their posts make little sense and their answers go so far afield from the original debate that the original post is lost."

It is not that I think this is an insult. This is, by definition, an insult to the productive people in this community.

" If you don’t like my posts or think that they are attempts at insults to the site then simply do not answer them"

This is the point of this site though. If we believe someone is wrong on something, we write about it. Do you expect to get responses only from those who agree with you?
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @AlexOland that was posted after by first post ; in which my first post got me nothing but insults from others. why do you not post, I see you are at level one  and have none. you seem at ease at circular reasoning, I would expect profound ideas from one who stands in defense of this site and its great debaters.
    @maxx

" in which my first post got me nothing but insults from others"

... Maybe you deserved them? Do you ever consider the possibility that you were wrong to use quantum mechanics in a wrong way? And then claim that you have a deep understanding of the subject? Even if you did not use insult words at the start, you were very bossy and arrogant on that debate... 

"why do you not post, I see you are at level one  and have none."

I am at level 4 and I have 14 debates. I know that is not a lot because I like to write arguments more than I like to start debates. I like to read arguments as well. Also, I have other hobbies besides this. I like debates but it is not really my main hobby.

"you seem at ease at circular reasoning"

It seems that you make a lot of accusations without the ability of actually supporting them. My arguments were not circular in any way, you were just unable to understand them. I have repeated that my position was not that "justice exists" a thousand times in that other debate but you responed with: "Show me justice". This clearly shows that you are unable to listen to the other side and all you care about is to be able to object to "unscientific" (in your eyes) people and get easy wins.

"I would expect profound ideas from one who stands in defense of this site and its great debaters."

Relevance? I said that I respect some of the debaters here for their ability to make arguments and see the other side's point. Do you believe that I need to have profound ideas to respect someone?

Your real face is starting to show... People like you always put this "I am an objective person who is open to ideas." front but when you actually debate them for a while, they finally crack and start insulting everyone. You remind me of a certain flat earther I have debated here once... 
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @AlexOland yes I clicked on another name and saw level 1.  you seem to make a lot of accusations which I am unable to support[ circular reasoning)  I could say the same about you stating I do not understand.  I told you that I did not want a theory but concrete evidence. return to the post and answer; no theories, no mico world ideas of what may be hidden and built into the universe, no unknown concepts( which is ridiculous to begin with) just flat out show me where justice exists without humans. basically, I expected answers along the line that the animal kingdom has its own system of justice and someone would attempt their reasoning upon that; not however someone attempting to prove an invalid theory.
    @maxx Do you consider logically sound arguments as evidence? Because what I was doing there was constructing a logically sound argument. I did not claim that I could show justice, I did not even claim it exists. I just claimed that you could not disprove the existence of justice in that particular way. Therefore your response of "show me justice." proves that you are unable to understand even the simple line of "I am not claiming that justice exists." which I have said a couple of times. (I also said that "I agree with you" right from the start...)

When someone has this much of a problem understanding your arguments, you naturally give them an easier way of understanding that argument. Which was that link of the Feynman video. And you refused to click it by saying "we are debating by links now?!" although you did not have any problem with the earlier link that I have sent you... 

You do not understand my argument. And you cannot even admit this. You cannot back to: "oh you are unable to explain it!" now, because you already acted like you understood my arguments and called them "invalid theories". Let's see, are you capable of admitting this simple mistake?
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    @AlexOland one, I began the debate, 2 you have to prove to me that it exists. I understood what you were saying, ive read enough of bell and feynman and planck and the works of quantum mechanics and your video is out of context with what he actually states, it is a mix mash of his words and what someone else makes of them. how old are you anyway, mid 20s or something?  I ask this because most under 35 get their information from dubious sites such as you tube
    @maxx It does not matter that you started the debate. You formed a logic which you believed to disprove the existence of justice. I objected to that. Simple as that.

"ive read enough of bell and feynman and planck and the works of quantum mechanics"

My argument has nothing to do with those (except feynman but the video I had sent you was not a scientific work, therefore I doubt you read about it before watching that video). Understand this: My idea has nothing to do with quantum. So stop bringing that up in your every comment. 

" your video is out of context with what he actually states"

How is it different? He says that limiting yourself to a specific part of the hierarcy and trying to find the ultimate understanding (or god, metaphorically) there is a mistake. This was what I was trying to explain to you. 

"how old are you anyway, mid 20s or something?  I ask this because most under 35 get their information from dubious sites such as you tube"

It was a clip of Richard Feynman explaining something. It requires no prior knowledge and does not make any scientific claims. It just explains an idea. If you see a mathematical proof on youtube, is it invalid because it is on youtube? No. This is the same case. Feynman explains a certain idea there. Not to mention that the clip is from one of his actual lectures so the clip being on youtube has nothing to do with anything. Some of his lectures have actually been uploaded to youtube. Catch up with the new times, old man!

You are saying something, I disprove it and then you move onto something else and act like it never happened. Oh boy, I am sure enjoying this "debate" that we are having.