frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Climate change total nonsense?

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• There is no consensus on the best interpretation of quantum mechanics either, but what exactly has this or the lack of a math consensus measurement of time you keep alluding to have to do with climate change science or the debate? 

• There is no consensus on the best interpretation of quantum mechanics either, but what exactly has this or the lack of a math consensus measurement of time you keep alluding to have to do with climate change science or the debate? 

The accurate prediction in discussion to an end of the Earth using a measurement. Not alluded I am saying it directly there are two scientific measurements of time and both have been mathematically corrupted. While in principle we should be saying Scientific climate change is brought by. The United state is that science in general makes all the changes to climate, nothing else. 

• The accurate prediction in discussion to an end of the Earth using a measurement. Not alluded I am saying it directly there are two scientific measurements of time and both have been mathematically corrupted. While in principle we should be saying Scientific climate change is brought by. The United state is that science in general makes all the changes to climate, nothing else.
    What are these measurements of time you're talking about? Are you saying that predicting things to happen in the future because these measurements have been math corrupted? Also, how have they been corrupted and how have you come to that conclusion?

As for the bit highlighted in bold, what exactly do you mean by this?

• What are these measurements of time you're talking about? The clock and the Calendar year are the two measurements of time.

How have they been corrupted and how have you come to that conclusion? The calculus as principle is not the same with both methods of measuring. There also is a third method of mathematic principle at play.

As for the bit highlighted in bold, what exactly do you mean by this? The United state is that science in general makes all the changes to climate, nothing else.

All measurements of change in climate are made by acts of science. This is a basic principle by united state.

• There also is a third method of mathematic principle at play.

And what is this third method?

All measurements of change in climate are made by acts of science. This is a basic principle by united state.

What do you mean when you use the term "united state?"

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6045 Pts   -  
    Climate change in the general sense? Pretty valid topic for discussion.
    Climate change as something to be worried about? Only in a very long term, and mostly in terms of sci-fi stories.
    Climate change as something that is happening now and is threatening humanity? That is a strong misinterpretation of science aimed at cashing in on people's overreaction.

That said, considering your posting history, I am pretty sure that my stance on the "climate change alarmism" comes from a very different place than yours. There is no conspiracy, however much you would like to see it; there is just the usual misinterpretation of things by certain interest groups.
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    Akhenaten said:
    Climate change is a total nonsense. It is just a political game which is played by communist governments that want to disrupt and damage the capitalist society.
    I believe climate change does exist. Climate change is the process of making pollution which releases carbon di oxide and other greenhouse gasses which is making the Earth warmer. Soon it will make the human race extinct.
  • RS_master said:
    Akhenaten said:
    Climate change is a total nonsense. It is just a political game which is played by communist governments that want to disrupt and damage the capitalist society.
    I believe climate change does exist. Climate change is the process of making pollution which releases carbon di oxide and other greenhouse gasses which is making the Earth warmer. Soon it will make the human race extinct.

Climate changed exists without pollution and does not need human permission to take place. As for pollution causing environmental, political problems, and temperature pollution look and chemical salting as a de-icing process in cold climate this is a human chemical pollution also created by transportation. Climate’s warmth is created by moving temperatures in great volume that can be colder than normal, science calls this air conditioning. Water that is frozen normally stays motionless as ice, unless ice is turned to liquid then moves at a much colder temperature to new locations creating increased heat by exchange of position in an accumulator of energy. An accumulator like the ocean. For such a large use of science study taking place there is a well-organized lack of science history taking place in relationship to changes made in heat.

Disinformation is also climate change, telling people larger than normal storms and rising water are to blame for coastline building destruction, instead of poor, improper planning is also call climate change and is not for the benefit of natural recourse and environment. It may be just government for the people going into the wrong business, when instructed for the people to act more businesslike.

An American United State Constitution’s basic principle.

"Defecation doesn’t just happen, bowl movements always starts with someone eating first."

For the gambler:

"Sh!t doesn't just happen, crap's always starts with someone throwing the dice first."

• ScorpionGamerScorpionGamer 12 Pts   -  
    Hi. It's my first post here, and I looked at this as an interesting topic, mainly because of a thing that I recently read somewhere in a book. Anyway, I'll try to explain my argument.

In order to understand climate change, you have to know the carbon cycle, which has been happening for millions of years, since the Earth first began and life also began. Animals create carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide goes into the atmosphere and stays there. Plants soak up carbon dioxide to create oxygen. Animals use this oxygen to create more carbon dioxide, or CO2. They release this into the atmosphere, thereby starting the cycle again. Remember that CO2 is also a heat-trapping gas, so plants essentially also balance out the amount of heat in the air.

In climate change, this cycle is disrupted. There are now even more sources of CO2, thanks to overpopulation, the burning of fossil fuels, and more. Not to mention the other heat-trapping gases there are other than CO2, and humans are creating more of this as well. Due to extreme population changes, you've got more humans and animals creating CO2. Plus, fossil fuels add on to this CO2, creating a tremendous amount of heat-trapping gas in the atmosphere. Put all of these other heat gases in the mix, and you've basically created a slow, global disaster. Plants could've helped to balance out the CO2  in the atmosphere and stopped the disaster, but thanks to deforestation, they can't do anything. So, nothing can stop this global disaster. These gases in the sky use their heat-trapping properties, and that's how you get global warming.

So, global climate change is caused by a mixture of problems, including deforestation, fossil fuels, overpopulation, and more. A common misconception is that the ozone hole caused global warming, but this isn't the case, according to Climate.gov. None of this is a hoax or anything like that. We can see global climate change in action using weather patterns, and it's happening right now. I'm currently typing this from a city in India called Chennai, and there's a huge heat wave here and in other regions of the country. That's proof that climate change exists. Anyway, hope that helps!

• AkhenatenAkhenaten 106 Pts   -  
    @ScorpionGamer

There are some basic flaws in your logic. You assume that CO2 in the atmosphere is increasing and causing the global temperature to rise. There is no evidence to support this global temperature increase. The amount of ice on planet Earth has remained the same for thousands of years. If there has been a small decrease in the North pole ice, then,this has been off-set by an increase in South pole ice. The Earth is like a thermostat  and is not like a greenhouse. Note - More CO2 in the atmosphere results in faster and more prolific plant growth because CO2 is like fertilizer for plants which increases their growth rate. Note - India has always been a very hot place and hasn't had any recent climate anomalies. Note - "Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out into the midday sun." (an old Indian saying) 
  • GeoLibCogScientistGeoLibCogScientist 128 Pts   -  
    You have not defined your terms; you have not provided any supporting evidence for your position. Before I attempt to refute your argument, I need something more substantive than merely your unsubstantiated claims. Answer these two questions for me:

1) How are you defining "climate change"? (i.e, do you mean change in climate in general whether or not it's anthropogenic, or only human-made climate change?)
    2) Please provide evidence that climate change(as however you define it) "...is just a political game which is played by communist governments that want to disrupt and damage the capitalist society" as you claimed in your post.

Until then, your post can be dismissed for the fact that it is an ipse dixit fallacy.
    "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."
    -Albert Camus, Notebook IV