Is techonology morally, and ethically, neutral, good, or evil? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Is techonology morally, and ethically, neutral, good, or evil?
in Philosophy

By YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 417 Pts
I say neutral, because the concept of technology can be used to save a life, or take a life, it depends on the situation.
AlofRI대왕광개토

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• I do not believe technology has a morality. Technology, in its current form, is only a tool. To try and impose ethics on a piece of technology is like imposing ethics on a hammer. I believe ethics can only be considered for conscious creatures. As such, until we develope an a.i. capable of it, I am not sure if we can explore this question much further. Now, at that time, we may face new challenges and questions of how to try and ensure all technology has a form of ethics deeper than safety procedures. 
  • SESMeTSESMeT 20 Pts
    It depends on the consequences but that doesn't mean it's neutral. It's either good or bad depending on whether it, overall, does more harm or brings more benefit.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 247 Pts
    It depends on whether the technology is developed to help humanity, (or any other entity in the universe), or not. Even insecticides, intende to help humanity, foods, animals, etc. CAN be bad in the end. I guess we have to keep "teching"  with our eyes open, and look both ways before moving forward.
    What some of our technology is doing to the Earth right now may make future inhabitants (if any), wish we'd at least opened our eyes sooner. :weary: