frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Breaking news: Neuro scientists make new discoveries regarding autism!

Debate Information

https://www.wraltechwire.com/2019/07/03/neuroscience-of-autism-unc-scientists-discover-new-clues-about-how-condition-begins/?fbclid=IwAR3_zbZeuztl6M0ES_M-uXGNOjj92X4WhaFc2seStRy1-xj4jAxV8kuzAmA
I think this research opens the door for newer and better treatments of Autism Spectrum Disorder, as the DSM calls it, such as medications. I myself have mild to moderate ASD, and look forward to the medical advances neuro, and other science has to offer.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -  
    That's good news! I think rapid development of science and technology can tackle many mental illnesses. I also heard that autistic people exhibit behaviors they don't want and mean to. There was an autistic kid who learned how to write and he/she(I can't remember) told people that autistic behaviors were both uncontrollable and unwanted.
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @대왕광개토 That is true. I have mild autism, and I struggle with low self esteem, and personal behaviors I do, that I hate about myself. One of them, is anger problems, and many mentally disabled and mentally ill people have a higher risk of substance addiction, than people who are not mentally ill or disabled, as I also know from personal experience. The drugs, I have abused, are Ritalin, Nicotine, and tobacco, all of which can be addictive, and yes, Christians can fall prey to addiction, so can any person of faith. I just wanted to add that detail. I often feel like a failure, for struggling with addiction. i almost was murdered over a cigarette, so PLEASE don't get started with smoking. My person belief is that the only time to use drugs is if they are justifiably safe, and to treat or prevent illness, or injury. I am sorry for going on a rabbit trail, just saying how mental problems have affected me personally.
    대왕광개토