frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

No open Border, or free health care to illegal immigrants

Debate Information

Im personally one of many who don't agree with open borders or free health care for illegal immigrants and ill go one further i don't agree in free health care for anyone maybe excluding elderly poor or disabled people but real disabled people like blind or down syndrome or autistic anything that would bar them from working or being able to live any sense of a real life. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @AshleyGarrison

I don't agree with an open border, or free health care to the illegal immigrants either.

To me, those individuals who campaign to the public about open borders, or free health care to the illegal immigrants, are pandering their individual constituents, or follower fanbases.

As well as pandering to those illegal immigrants, who have been given sanctuary, by way of those 300 Sanctuary Cities, and their sanctuary cities ideologies.
  • jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    Open borders was a political strategy to increase a voter base that the Democratic party didn't have.

The Democrats realize the voters who voted for Trump are going to vote for Trump a second time. They increased the number of voters to try and win a majority vote.
  • WinstonCWinstonC 235 Pts   -  
    Obviously open borders wouldn't work, the people who believe it would don't understand two important points. First, billions of people living in poorer, less stable countries want to move to the U.S. and will do so if given the opportunity. Second, the U.S. does not have the space, infrastructure or social programs required to support such an exponential population increase. As a result, if there was no border the U.S. would inevitably collapse.
    Zombieguy1987
  • WinstonC said:
    Obviously open borders wouldn't work, the people who believe it would don't understand two important points. First, billions of people living in poorer, less stable countries want to move to the U.S. and will do so if given the opportunity. Second, the U.S. does not have the space, infrastructure or social programs required to support such an exponential population increase. As a result, if there was no border the U.S. would inevitably collapse.
    This is not true the only real thing that is required for America to shift securely to a larger population and economy is a numerical shift in the axiom used by the Federal Reserve Notes. As this is basically a general receipt given openly not freely as a imperial receipt for all dept. foreign and domestic.
  • MrNinesMrNines 10 Pts   -  
    Let me see if I understand you Ashley. You are ok with free health care for legal immigrants which would include anyone who is in the country on a tourist visa that has not expired, or a work visa that is not expired, but if we stop a driver for a traffic violation such as failure to signal, then it is permissible for the person to be held in a detention facility without medical care. If this person is diabetic and will die without insulin it would still be acceptable to incarcerate the individual probably denying that person access to any insulin they might have brought in with them. Such a denial is routine as the arresting officers do not know what is really in the vials, or the pump, which would probably also be confiscated on arrest. There are several other conditions that could quickly become life threatening if no care is the standard treatment allowed. If the response is that you did not intend something this harsh you might want to consider the many different forms of slippery slope arguments the I might retort with. I don't want this to be too much of a barrel fish shooting exercise. @AshleyGarrison
    PlaffelvohfenpiloteerAlofRI
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    Why do we not take this to its logical end and give free healthcare to everyone in the world? We can send welfare checks to everyone who gets any form of healthcare anywhere on the globe.

Open borders are a great idea. Free stuff, on the other hand, is not. And open borders + free stuff begs for a disaster to happen. Virtually every Mexican would just walk over the US border every now and then to get their free services, then go back.

Abolish all welfare and open the borders. Make it how it was before Wilson's presidency. That is the only way it can work as intended.
    Zombieguy1987
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    You say .....i don't agree in free health care for anyone maybe excluding elderly poor or disabled people but real disabled people like blind or down syndrome or autistic anything that would bar them from working or being able to live any sense of a real life.

My reply .....What about homeless people or the unemployed what’s your solution if you cannot pay for health care?

I get free health care where I live and I also work I’m covered by basic health care I’ve paid  enough taxes in my life why should I pay more to gain access to basic health care?

What makes you certain that many or most of the people living in these other poorer less stable places want to come here? For most people in the world the United States is not the best place for them to migrate to. Given what most migrants want the US typically ranks 8, 9, or 10. (https://www.reachimmigration.com/en/blog/here-are-top-10-countries-to-migrate-to) As to the certainty that they will come here if given the opportunity, what is that based on? I want to see statistics or at least something that tells me you are doing more than offering your opinion. Regarding the space in the US, when was the last time you drove across country passing through 10 or more states, and observing what is all too frequent now. What you will observe is that in state after state rest stops are being closed and demolished. Where we had places for traffic to stop, gas stations, fast food places, stores, are now ghost towns. Big areas across the middle of the country are simply dying. Most of the people who lived there have moved to an urban area, or in many cases have left the US. (https://knoema.com/atlas/United-States-of-America/topics/Demographics/Population/Net-migration-rate) The reality is we need immigrants for a variety of jobs. There is nothing to support that we would realize an exponential population increase. An exponential function can rise slowly almost at the same rate as a flat line, but unlike the flat line which will keep rising, the exponential curve goes asymptotic at some point. The hyperbolic assertion that no border would lead to inevitable collapse cannot be substantiated. What can be substantiated is that until the 1880's the US had no immigration controls and we grew. We passed immigration controls because we feared an influx of Chinese migrants. If what you are saying has any merit, back it up. @John_C_87
    What makes you certain that many or most of the people living in these other poorer less stable places want to come here? For most people in the world the United States is not the best place for them to migrate to. Given what most migrants want the US typically ranks 8, 9, or 10. (https://www.reachimmigration.com/en/blog/here-are-top-10-countries-to-migrate-to) As to the certainty that they will come here if given the opportunity, what is that based on? I want to see statistics or at least something that tells me you are doing more than offering your opinion. Regarding the space in the US, when was the last time you drove across country passing through 10 or more states, and observing what is all too frequent now. What you will observe is that in state after state rest stops are being closed and demolished. Where we had places for traffic to stop, gas stations, fast food places, stores, are now ghost towns. Big areas across the middle of the country are simply dying. Most of the people who lived there have moved to an urban area, or in many cases have left the US. (https://knoema.com/atlas/United-States-of-America/topics/Demographics/Population/Net-migration-rate) The reality is we need immigrants for a variety of jobs. There is nothing to support that we would realize an exponential population increase. An exponential function can rise slowly almost at the same rate as a flat line, but unlike the flat line which will keep rising, the exponential curve goes asymptotic at some point. The hyperbolic assertion that no border would lead to inevitable collapse cannot be substantiated. What can be substantiated is that until the 1880's the US had no immigration controls and we grew. We passed immigration controls because we feared an influx of Chinese migrants. If what you are saying has any merit, back it up. @John_C_87
  • There is something called moral responsibilities. I don't think we should always follow laws, we should allow free healthcare to illegal immigrants as we give prisoners. (Talking about good medical facilities). 
    AlofRICYDdhartaZombieguy1987
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I'm a "lefty", I'm an atheist. I do NOT want "open borders", damned few "lefties" do. We want, and have tried to get since (at least) 2010, an improved immigration policy. At least a couple of them now reside under Moscow Mitch's desk.
    See, this is one reason I can't adopt Christianity. They don't even want to help "the poor" if they're Hispanic … or about any other destitute but "colorful" peoples. 
    What would Jesus do??? I DO believe Jesus was real, just not a "Son of God", but, if one worships him, they should be following his lead to help the poor AND sick. Instead, they tie on to the "open border" propaganda, the MS-13, Central American gang … that is actually an American gang originating from Los Angeles. They believe the propaganda that Democrats actually want open borders. They believe the propaganda that Obama "separated families" in the same way Herr Donald has. They believe the propaganda that a large contingent of gang members are those that are trying to get amnesty. They refuse health care for women and children, they refuse amnesty … a Biblical right. I as an atheist, have to look at this form of "Christianity" as hypocrisy …. not what Jesus preached (allegedly).
    I'm NOT for open borders, I'm for humanely controlled borders …. which we COULD HAVE if not for the inhumane "wall" thrown up in Washington. We have the Marshal Plan agreed to by all countries in this hemisphere. We need a similar co-op where all work together to drive out the gangs from these countries, but, in the meantime, we should do the "Christian thing" and be reasonable with those seeking asylum. We can't do that while sucking up all the ridiculous "un-Christian-like" propaganda that is being spread by so many un-Christian-like people supporting this un-Christian-like administration. I, as an atheist, am appalled! God save us from your believers.
    CYDdhartaVaulk