frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is Donald Trump REALLY that bad?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

You say ....I could do worse as I'm sure you do. 

My reply .....Maybe the KKK?

You say .....The NRA is the nation's oldest civil rights organization

My reply ......Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

And thank you for your continued education, in educating the public, on how you debate with others? 

@Dee

You are your own best reference material source:

"You're obviously off your head on booze or drugs yet again I haven’t a clue what you’re on about."

"My reply .....Therefore using your “logic” I didn’t attack Trump either."

I'm a fair and equal debater.

Your own words towards Trump, IE attacking words:

"Donald Trump is to non Americans anyway viewed correctly as a village and at times comedy gold , the man is a compulsive and a raging egotist , in fairness he plays his American supporters beautifully by saying all the things they love to hear and they lap his every word up as fact such is their adulation of the puffed up bully and egotists total hold over them."

Who are you referring to Dee?

"My reply ...... 
    Just as you have an individual history of calling people names, and that fact is YOURS, because you have made it a practice to carry on, individually, in how you carry on with others verbally?" 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Your own attacking words below stating other presidents were worse ......

You say ......And I can see how you work your words, from your own pedestal?  

My reply .....Who else’s do you suppose I should use?

You say .......Attacking Trump, from your own electronic device, is easy, isn't it? 

My reply .....It’s very easy , you attacked all the other American Presidents from your own device was that equally easy?

You say .....Clinton was impeached, which makes him worse then Trump.

My reply .....Worse according to who with your “attacking words “

You say .....Nixon was impeached, which makes him worse than Trump..Worse according to who with your “attacking words “

My reply .....Worse according to who?

You say ......Carter, goofed up, and he's still brought up in historical conversations, in regards to US Presidents..Worse according to who with your “attacking words “

My reply ......I realise you’ve already admitted America had dreadful presidents and each one is as bad as the others so what’s your point exactly?

You say ......I base my conversation on FACTS, and HISTORY, instead of Opinion. And “ attacking words “ using your “logic”

My reply .......You’ve admitted and keep admitting all your presidents have been terrible I get it what’s your point?

All you’ve actually is indeed your opinion, do you know what the word even means?

You say ......Fair, and equal conversations. 

My reply .....Which you have yet to do as has been pointed out by me and others many times 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @Dee

"My reply .....Which you have yet to do as has been pointed out by me and others many times"

And who, is a part of this coalition of others that you're referring to? 

You say .....Clinton was impeached, which makes him worse then Trump.

"My reply .....Worse according to who with your “attacking words “

You say .....Nixon was impeached, which makes him worse than Trump..Worse according to who with your “attacking words “

"My reply .....Worse according to who?"

You say ......Carter, goofed up, and he's still brought up in historical conversations, in regards to US Presidents..Worse according to who with your “attacking words “

"My reply ......I realise you’ve already admitted America had dreadful presidents and each one is as bad as the others so what’s your point exactly?"

You say ......I base my conversation on FACTS, and HISTORY, instead of Opinion. And “ attacking words “ using your “logic”

"My reply .......You’ve admitted and keep admitting all your presidents have been terrible I get it what’s your point?

"All you’ve actually is indeed your opinion, do you know what the word even means?"

"You say ......Fair, and equal conversations. 

"My reply .....Which you have yet to do as has been pointed out by me and others many times"

I'm engaging in a fair and equal debate, regardless, of where any participant, is from, outside of the United States.

And engaging in a fair and equal debate will include, the comparisons, of one President to another.

Otherwise, it's not a fair and equal debate, regardless of what country, and individual participant, is from.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You say ......And engaging in a fair and equal debate will include, the comparisons, of one President to another.

My reply .....Which is exactly what I did but you like a spoiled child think you can only compare

The title of the debate only mentioned an opinion on Trump but you typically want to hijack the debate to suit your own narrative.

I also get it that you admit all your presidents have been dreadful what are you even arguing about you ?
    @Dee

And who, is a part of this coalition of others that you're referring to? 

And you still, continue, to educate the public, on your individual philosophies:

"The title of the debate only mentioned an opinion on Trump but you typically want to hijack the debate to suit your own narrative.

I also get it that you admit all your presidents have been dreadful what are you even arguing about you ?" 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You say .....And you still, continue, to educate the public, on your individual philosophies:

My reply ......No need to thank me I feel it’s a duty to educate the ignorant.....What? You’re welcome 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

How many times have you attacked me, with the word "?"

I've been respectful towards you the entire time, Dee. 

Disprove me, by showing the public, any unfair, or unequal words towards you personally? 

Here's your words attacking Trump:

"Donald Trump is to non Americans anyway viewed correctly as a village and at times comedy gold , the man is a compulsive and a raging egotist , in fairness he plays his American supporters beautifully by saying all the things they love to hear and they lap his every word up as fact such is their adulation of the puffed up bully and egotists total hold over them."

You called him an:

","
    "compulsive ,"
    "raging egotist,"
    "they lap his every word up as fact, in their adulation of the puffed up bully, and egotist total hold over them."

You say .....And you still, continue, to educate the public, on your individual philosophies:

"My reply ......No need to thank me I feel it’s a duty to educate the ignorant.....What? You’re welcome"

Back your words up, instead of pushing your opinion as more than just your own opinion? 

Prove yourself? 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @TKDB

You say ......How many times have you attacked me, with the word "?"

My reply .....That’s not an attack it’s a statement of fact 

You say .....I've been respectful towards you the entire time, Dee. 

My reply .....You haven’t , you’re nothing but a troll every debate you sidetrack to push your own narrative , latest example the debate asks nothing more than an opinion on one President Donald Trump yet  you keep stupidly keep  bringing up others  

You say ......Disprove me, by showing the public, any unfair, or unequal words towards you personally?

My reply ......I’m not remotely interested in your childish avoidance games  

You say .......Here's your words attacking Trump:

You called him an:

","
    "compulsive ,"
    "raging egotist," 
    "they lap his every word up as fact, in their adulation of the puffed up bully, and egotist total hold over them."

My reply .....Every word is the truth and I get that you dislike others having opinions I’m all for it though 

You say .......Back your words up, instead of pushing your opinion as more than just your own opinion? 

My reply .....How can I give my opinion and not make it my opinion you idiotic creature, why would I need to “back my words up” ?

You say .....Prove yourself? 

My reply .......To who exactly? What authority decides whether my opinion is valid or not?

@Dee

How many times have you attacked me, with the word "?"

"I also get it that you admit all your presidents have been dreadful what are you even arguing about you ?"

"My reply .....Which is exactly what I did but you like a spoiled child think you can only compare"

"My reply .....That’s not an attack it’s a statement of fact."

,My reply .....How can I give my opinion and not make it my opinion you idiotic creature, why would I need to “back my words up” ?"

@Dee
    Back your words up with facts instead of opinion.

You, do it again, and I'm reporting you.

Attacking me, has nothing to do with the theme of the forum.

I've not attacked you.

• SharkySharky 101 Pts   -  
    Donald Trump has completely shattered the mold of previous Presidents. His demeanor and language do not keep with the flowery, diplomatic and politically correct language of his predecessors and it is completely by design.

Trump does not present himself as an academic, a policy wonk or an international elitist. The President is the first nationally recognized Republican politician who figured out how to turn the Alinskyite tactics of the Democrat Party back against them. They likely hate him more for that than for any other single issue and it is no wonder. Saul Alinsky taught modern Democrats to dominate Republicans and exploit their weaknesses for decades. Trump- a former Democrat- ended that dominance. He utilizes name-calling, ridicule and the Democrats' abysmal record of failure to destroy them and they are dumbfounded that not only are their tried and true tactics no longer working, they're being used against them.

Trump does not fear the mainstream media or its power. He does not heed the warnings given by leading Democrats about what he can or cannot say or do. In the past, when the media and Democrats warned leading Republicans that they'd be called racist or sexist or whatever-phobic, Republicans would cower in fear and back down from their positions. Trump ended that cycle of self-destruction. In short, Trump is an anomaly, an outlier and a curiosity but more than anything else, Trump is a breath of fresh air for Americans who were fed up with establishment politicians screwing them and the country for decades.

We finally have a President who unashamedly and vigorously works to end policies that have been doing untold damage to our country for generations. Americans are sick of decades of unmitigated illegal immigration and it has nothing to do with racism or xenophobia. No other country in the world has or would ever allow 11-22 million illegal immigrants to enter their country, ignore their laws, exploit their generous social benefits and disrespect the host country by flying the flags of their homelands over the American flag. We don't even know who these millions of people are and the entire situation is a recipe for future disaster. 

We finally have a President who recognizes that the rest of the world has taken full advantage of us in trade and defense pacts and that the time has come to level the playing field. The US is no longer in a position to provide unlimited financial support for all of our allies and the entire Third World. 

We finally have a President who understands that appeasement of enemies and the appearance of weakness is what starts wars. When our adversaries believe that our President will resort to whatever means are necessary to preserve and protect the interests of the United States, the world is a safer place. 

We finally have a President who knows and acknowledges that our energy independence is critical to our national security. When given the choice of enhancing national security and improving our economic position on the world stage OR putting up a futile, pointless "fight" against climate change, Trump easily makes the correct choice. Even if the US were to stop the use of fossil fuels completely, immediately and unilaterally, destroying our economy in the process, global climate would see virtually no change. Energy independence is the key to staying out of Middle Eastern conflicts and Trump has made the correct choice concerning energy policy. 

The left hates Donald Trump because he won, he did it using their own tactics, he cannot be swayed or manipulated as they've done with past Republicans and he makes no apologies for being pro-American. Once their ridiculous and phony Russia hoax blew up in their face, they resorted to the only tactic that they have left in their arsenal; incessant cries of "racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, Islamophobia, white nationalism, white supremacy" and the rest of their disingenuous foolishness. If Trump was really ANY of these things, does anyone really believe that NBC would have kept him employed on one of their most popular TV programs for 14 years? The truth is that Trump, despite his unorthodox and often abrasive approach, is a very successful President and that opposition to him is based more in hysteria and hatred than in anything meaningful or substantial. 
    CYDdhartaVaulkZombieguy1987
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ; "He is not much better or worse than any other President in history." 
    NO OTHER PRESIDENT IN HISTORY CONIVED WITH OUR ENEMIES AND INSULTED OUR ALLIES. NO OTHER PRESIDENT IN HISTORY ACCEPTED AND FLATTERED EVERY AUTHORITARIAN, BRUTAL MURDERER THAT SAID "NICE THINGS ABOUT HIM". I DON'T KNOW OF ANY THAT THOUGHT HE SHOULD BE "PERMANENT" PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES (AND HE WASN'T JOKING). NO OTHER PRESIDENT HAS BEEN SHOWN TO LIE TO THE U.S. PEOPLE OVER 11000 TIMES IN ONE (OR EVEN TWO), TERMS. IF YOU ASK, AS ANOTHER DID, WHERE IS MY PROOF … YOU WOULDN'T RECOGNIZE "PROOF" IF IT BIT YOU.
    CYDdharta
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    AlofRI said:
    NO OTHER PRESIDENT IN HISTORY CONIVED WITH OUR ENEMIES AND INSULTED OUR ALLIES. NO OTHER 
    Oh?

In 1987, Ronald Reagan admitted to the entirety of the American public in a televised address that he willingly and knowingly sold Weapons to the Contras .  This came after Reagan sold missiles to Iran, successfully negotiating with a terrorist organization over the release of hostages held by Iran and supporting Iran's campaign against Iraq in 1985.  Reagan violated the United States' arms embargo on Iran while simultaneously colluding with Iran to provide them with weapons to use against Iraq.  At the time the United States was providing intelligence and logistical support to Iraq in an effort to assist them with the War against Iran.

I could be completely off my rocker here, but I believe this qualifies as "Conniving" with our enemies while simultaneously "Insulting" and back-stabbing our allies.

AlofRI said:
    NO OTHER PRESIDENT HAS BEEN SHOWN TO LIE TO THE U.S. PEOPLE OVER 11000 TIMES IN ONE (OR EVEN TWO), TERMS.
    Psst, look at this.

In 1972 an FBI investigation was launched when five members of President Nixon's staff were caught breaking into the DNC's headquarters at the Watergate complex in Washington.  The results of that investigation was the uncovering of a widespread campaign to sabotage Nixon's political opponents and to control the outcome of a presidential election.  Nixon was elected in 1968, and according to the FBI, his slick operation began in 1971.  Nixon resigned in 1974 after multiple attempts to cover up his operation.  This means at a minimum he spent  three years living a lie in front of the American public, using deceptive tactics to win an election and then trying like hell to cover it all up to avoid punishment.  How many lies you have to tell to prevent criminal proceedings while 69 of your administrative staff are charged with crimes relating to this scandal..I don't know.  Maybe it was 11,000...but it was probably more than that since he was never reprimanded.

AlofRI said:
    NO OTHER PRESIDENT IN HISTORY ACCEPTED AND FLATTERED EVERY AUTHORITARIAN, BRUTAL MURDERER THAT SAID "NICE THINGS ABOUT HIM".
    Well...I wouldn't say that.

President Woodrow Wilson just so happened to be besties with Thomas Dixon Jr., author of the book "The Clansman".  When The Clansman was adapted into a Movie in 1915 to depict the KKK as valiant saviors of the South after the Civil War, President Wilson agreed to debut the Movie in the White House.  Thanks to President Wilson's endorsement, the KKK (Which was largely obliterated at the time) was successfully revived as an active organization and their member recruitment soared.  

In this case I'm of the opinion that just because you don't go around hurling insults at all the bad people of the world on a daily basis...that doesn't mean that you like them all or that you condone what they do.  Obama apologized to Japan for the use of atomic weapons against them after they committed the only (Successful) government sanctioned act of War against the united states resulting in the single largest loss of life in two hours until September 11th, 2001 when that record was broken.  The apology was offered in modern day during Obama's administration while Japan serves as the only first world country who's government endorses child prostitution.  Does that mean that Obama supports Child Prostitution?  No of course not...but it doesn't change the fact that shaking hands with someone who does brings into question your values...unless you're the President of the United States and you have to look past cultural differences to the larger picture of world peace.  That is unless you believe otherwise, in which case Obama is a pedophile and his association with the Prime Minister of Japan makes him a sicko who should be locked up.

Look we ALL know that Trump's an asshole, I won't hide it.  The guy's a jerk, he's mean spirited, childish at times, and he's hard to like.  But I'm satisfied knowing that my President doesn't GAF about what people think of him...he's not running a popularity booth, he's the POTUS.  

Lastly, reach over with your left pinkie finger and disengage the "You have to listen to me" button (Caps lock).  After 5th grade it's no longer considered socially acceptable to type paragraphs in all upper case unless you're on reddit or the comment section of youtube arguing over which video game is better.
    Zombieguy1987
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• I am not a fan of Trump mostly because I don't really follow American Politics that much. However, what I will say is that Trump is nothing like Hitler and nor has he created a time similar to that of the Anne Frank Era.

With that being said I can also see how nonsensical it is to say one supports whoever is in oval office just because they're in the oval office.
    Zombieguy1987

@ZeusAres42

"With that being said I can also see how nonsensical it is to say one supports whoever is in oval office just because they're in the oval office."

When Obama was in the Oval Office, he apparently, took care of his individual liberal philosophies, while at the same time, he apparently, took care of the interests of his individual constituents, or follower fanbases?

While the rest of the country, lived through his liberal political experience.

Did the rest of the country benefit from Obama being the POTUS?

No, the rest of the country didn't.

But I support, the Oval Office, out of respect for the United States, as a whole. 

When Clinton was in the Oval Office, the rest of the country, that wasn't a part of his constituent, or follower fanbase, lived through his liberal political experiences, as well, because of Clinton being Impeached?

Did the rest of the country benefit from Clinton being the POTUS, during his time in Office?

Like I expressed before, their Presidential Histories, all speak for themselves. 

ZeusAres42
  • TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

"With that being said I can also see how nonsensical it is to say one supports whoever is in oval office just because they're in the oval office."

When Obama was in the Oval Office, he apparently, took care of his individual liberal philosophies, while at the same time, he apparently, took care of the interests of his individual constituents, or follower fanbases?

While the rest of the country, lived through his liberal political experience.

Did the rest of the country benefit from Obama being the POTUS?

But I support, the Oval Office, out of respect for the United States, as a whole. 

When Clinton was in the Oval Office, the rest of the country, that wasn't a part of his constituent, or follower fanbase, lived through his liberal political experiences, as well, because of Clinton being Impeached?

Did the rest of the country benefit from Clinton being the POTUS, during his time in Office?

Like I expressed before, their Presidential Histories, all speak for themselves. 

Fair enough.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI ;

I cannot think of a single president who has only praised our allies and only criticised our enemies. In fact, most presidents are very good at rebranding yesterday's friends into tomorrow's enemies and vice versa, depending on the current political climate.

Trump plays nice with Russia and China sometimes; Obama played nice with Cuba and Iran sometimes. All of these countries should be considered our enemies, yet different presidents treat them differently.

Trump is not at all different from most other presidents, and had it not been for the incredibly one-sided media space, he would be treated as everyone else. The only difference is that he is incredibly bad at making intelligent speeches, but that is hardly the reason to consider him pure evil.

And no other president has lied countless times? Please. "Politician" and "" are synonymous terms for a reason.

@ZeusAres42

Some people support whoever is in the office currently because they respect democratic consensus. The problem I have with this is the assumption that having a democratic consensus is necessarily a good thing. If the vast majority of people support a bad individual, then that individual does not magically stop being bad. Everyone and everything is open to criticism, and even if every single human on Earth but you supports someone/something, you still can have your own opinion on it.
    VaulkZombieguy1987
  • BradyWellsBradyWells 0 Pts   -  
    Donald Trump
    No, he’s not one of my favorite politicians. But, it is an outrageous claim to compare him to Adolf Hitler. He has mad some promises I don’t agree with, but he has stuck to them. He is an honest man, and has not violated our Constitution in any way!  Many President we have admired like Abraham Lincoln, have abused constitutional powers. 
  • jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    Donald trump is worthless.

First he is a devil.

Trump's staff consists of people who worship satan. They are wicked. 

Trump is going to destroy America. He has no political interest in this country.

I disagree with communism and capitalism.

Capitalism leads to over production and drives down the cost of labor causing an inbalance in affordable services.

Communism is worthless.

Trump's not stabilizing the economy, it's why the yield curse is predicting a recession.

Trump's intentions are neferious.

All I can say is

1. Learn how to survive.

Everyone better start preparing for a great recession. Learn how to feed yourself and survive without access to drinking water and food.

Learn about agriculture and living off of land.

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    I want to specify that I am a conservative newbie, but I am not above criticizism of political leaders. Only God deserves to be worshipped, not Bernie, or POTUS Trump. My only two liberal beliefs are healthcare, and supporting multiculturalism. Second: Let me explain that i am not accusing the President of any darn thing. I am asking a question in order to gain knowledge. Third: #Trump2020 sounds fairly good to me. I just don't know what's true or false when it comes to the media. The media really is biased and fake like Trump says, so I'm turning to y'all in my quest for information.