frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is this true?

Debate Information

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BrainSocksBrainSocks 39 Pts   -  
    Yes. Example:

Train on track that goes three ways: Dead end (where it's headed), an unfinished bridge that'll collapse, and a tunnel that leads to the station.

Supposed to pull the lever so that the train goes through the tunnel.
    Not supposed to push the lever the opposite way so that it goes to the bridge of doom.

But I just added in the factor of doing nothing being just as bad
    WinstonC
  • WinstonCWinstonC 209 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    It depends on the situation. If you're a doctor and you don't give someone a drug that will save their life it's far worse than if you slap a patient. On the other hand, if the same doctor refuses to treat an ingrown hair then it's far better than if they inject a fatal poison into a patient.
  • jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    @WinstonC

Trying to find an acception to a rule is like trying to suggest that two hypothetical extremes dictate common sense.

The post: 

They are the same thing, except a difference response.

It's expressing the same response to a situation in different ways. I hate this question because it reminds me of something I despise and wholeheartedly reject.

• KdCuberKdCuber 78 Pts   -  
    Not doing what you're supposed to do is the same as doing something you're not supposed to do. 

Ergo this is true. 
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    No, we're not supposed to do anything. We only do what we want! 
  • @YeshuaBought ;
    Only when it is not false.
  • SaltBucketSaltBucket 19 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    It really depends on how you view life. Are you born for a purpose or no?

If yes, then the statement is correct since you are assuming you are destined to change the world in a good way and you should act no matter what!

But if no, the statement is false for you argue that the World probably won't be affected that much by your good action, but you may mess up everything by making a mistake.
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    Yes. Example:

Train on track that goes three ways: Dead end (where it's headed), an unfinished bridge that'll collapse, and a tunnel that leads to the station.

Supposed to pull the lever so that the train goes through the tunnel.
    Not supposed to push the lever the opposite way so that it goes to the bridge of doom.

But I just added in the factor of doing nothing being just as bad
     I disagree because with what you said because your case only applies in some senarios. To kill someone is worse than doing nothing for example.