frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Conservatives should do to liberals, what liberals have been doing to us unfairly.

Debate Information

We conservatives should give liberals a taste of their own bitter medicine, and that would cure them of their liberalism, REAL QUICK! Conservatives and other Republicans should victim blame, mock, censor, and slap the you-know-what out of liberals. Liberals are taking our right to free speech, taxing us enough already, violating the right of Christians to have the same legal protections as the atheist bigots who dominate their far left, Democrats, and other random SLWs. Liberals should be sued for not reason, detained indefinately for questioning authority, have their assets frozen, their children taken away. They should be denied their basic human rights, until they stop DOING THE SAME THING TO US! Tit for tat, baby. I'm sorry that it has come to this, but there is not a darn thing I agree with liberals on. A user on here that I won't name looks like a real Stalinist when he or she says Youtube should silence connservatives, and you know what? If conservatives can't have liberty, neither can liberals, so you DON'T have the right to say that you, hypocrite! I am so done with liberals hypocrisy.
PlaffelvohfenCYDdhartaAlofRIZeusAres42Zombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -  
    I think the problem lies in leftists not in liberals. So far as I know, liberals are defenders of freedom of speech. Considering what is going on in USA, I don't think that what you suggest would yield fruitful result because leftists will hate conservatives more than ever if conservatives do the same thing leftists have done. Such kind of situation will polarize our society. I think the best way to deal with the problem you mentioned is to make conservatives cooperate with decent liberals to shatter the leftists' nonsense claims by using evidence and reason. In addition, I think that some conservatives like Milo Yiannopoulos and Ann Coulter should reduce the amount of hate speech they often use to trigger the leftists. 
    Zombieguy1987ZeusAres42
  • all4acttall4actt 304 Pts   -  
    It is acts like you propose that would only cause a deeper devide.  Why would conservatives want to lower themselves to those types of tactics?   The answer is simple they don't.  Everytime the "Liberals" behave badly they leave the majority of people shaking their heads and their side of the argument loses some credibility and quite frankly people stop litsening to them.  It is like any disagreement as soon as one side gets agressive any real conversation ends.  Conservatives are what they are and what they are generally is conservative.  Meaning they don't tend to protest (they prefer to work and write letters), they don't tend to get in shouting matches, they tend to focus on more reasonable measured responses and they are usually up for a genuine debate or discussion.  So what you propose would be out of character for most conservatives I know.
    AlofRI
  • This has nothing to do with politics but everything to do with individual ignorance and stupidity. You've got idiots on the right and you got idiots on the left, both sides thinking they're superior to the other and thus widening the political divide ever further. 
    Plaffelvohfen대왕광개토CYDdhartaZombieguy1987

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5947 Pts   -  
    If you dislike someone strongly, but resort to employing their own behavior against them - then what does it say about you? If you want your ideas to win, you should promote them consistently, otherwise those who you seek to fight have already won.
    CYDdhartaZeusAres42Zombieguy1987Plaffelvohfen
  • 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar As for your first question, I would say that it depends on whether your opponent's behavior is the best choice. If you had an opportunity to exhibit any behavior better than that of your opponent, than I would say that you don't resort to your opponent's behavior. I think that conservatives should not mimic what leftists are doing because if they do so then they would lower themselves to the level of the leftists. Plus, I just one to ask you a question about the US politics since I am a foreigner. Is the current situation of conservatives the worst one in the US history? Just out of curiosity.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5947 Pts   -  
    @대왕광개토

I would not say that it is that bad: the conservatives arguably have lost a lot of influence since 80-s, but same goes for the other side of the spectrum. Arguably Republicans were much worse off in early XX century, when people like Wilson and FDR ran things and their authoritarian ideas dominated the political thought.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Some people want to take health care away from those who don't, or aren't capable of, making enough money to PAY for it. That includes the elderly, many wounded or mentally disabled vets. They want to completely STOP taxes … the money needed to fix roads and bridges … the "infrastructure" … schools and hospitals. The money to support the military. There are many who want women to be rape-able (at least not be able to put blame on a poor male who just isn't getting enough ;-). There are people who want to protect the environment from greedy persons who "just want to make money". The same people who want that are some who want the right to hunt and fish, drink clean water, breath clean air … 'cept not if it means things HAVE to be "regulated". The same people who want people with an agenda to have the best weapons available to protect their "freedom" to do whatever they want.
    Damned liberals, anyway! All they want is to cause trouble. :tired_face:
  • I think the problem lies in leftists not in liberals. So far as I know, liberals are defenders of freedom of speech. Considering what is going on in USA, I don't think that what you suggest would yield fruitful result because leftists will hate conservatives more than ever if conservatives do the same thing leftists have done. Such kind of situation will polarize our society. I think the best way to deal with the problem you mentioned is to make conservatives cooperate with decent liberals to shatter the leftists' nonsense claims by using evidence and reason. In addition, I think that some conservatives like Milo Yiannopoulos and Ann Coulter should reduce the amount of hate speech they often use to trigger the leftists. 
    From my experience a number of people tend to confuse liberalism with leftism. I myself am not a fan of leftists or the far right. As for actual liberals and conservatives I can see both good and bad points in each. 

In fact even those well versed in politics such as the Famous Republican Ben Shapiro for example often makes the distinction between leftist and liberals.

• Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    We conservatives should give liberals a taste of their own bitter medicine, and that would cure them of their liberalism, REAL QUICK! Conservatives and other Republicans should victim blame, mock, censor, and slap the you-know-what out of liberals. Liberals are taking our right to free speech, taxing us enough already, violating the right of Christians to have the same legal protections as the atheist bigots who dominate their far left, Democrats, and other random SLWs. Liberals should be sued for not reason, detained indefinately for questioning authority, have their assets frozen, their children taken away. They should be denied their basic human rights, until they stop DOING THE SAME THING TO US! Tit for tat, baby. I'm sorry that it has come to this, but there is not a darn thing I agree with liberals on. A user on here that I won't name looks like a real Stalinist when he or she says Youtube should silence connservatives, and you know what? If conservatives can't have liberty, neither can liberals, so you DON'T have the right to say that you, hypocrite! I am so done with liberals hypocrisy.

This kind of thinking is very, very dangerous.

It's like Israel saying "We Jews should give the Germans a taste of what we had to go through during World War 2" This just results in more radical ideas, human rights violations, (potentionally) war, genocide etc. And it makes your side no better than your oppitision. This is textbook hypocrisy