frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The AI "technology" on this site should be ignored because of its obvious uselessness and bias.

Debate Information

We are not all libertarians who support Donald Trump here. Most of the people on this site who do support Donald Trump do not identify as libertarians. Either Debra is wrong most of the time, or she is biased! 
대왕광개토

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    What effects Debra's evlautions?

Jesus is LLord.
    Zombieguy1987
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @jesusisGod777

I think our comments are evaluated, and Debra decides if our comments were rude, or substantial. Then our comments are compiled and rated to see what likely political affiliation we are. But either it's not very good at it, or it's programmed to be biased. Apparently everyone on this site is a libertarian Trump supporter?!?!?!

I think some phrases set Debra off which can give you comments a low consideration rating. Like DEATH, MASS SHOOTING, SUICIDE, YOU, HATE!       

That little red dot below my post means I'm a bad person who just said a bad thing.
  • OppolzerOppolzer 191 Pts   -  
    I'll give Debra the benefit of the doubt, and say that it simply does what it's programmed to do. Debra merely cannot examine an entire text in-depth and attempt to interpret the meaning of what we say. And of course, there are certain trigger words that Debra renders as "bad," which automatically lowers the overall analysis.

I wouldn't pay much attention to it, but I do agree that it's an unnecessary implementation. Your arguments are genuinely interpreted by whoever comes to read it.
    piloteerMayCaesarZombieguy1987
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @Oppolzer

I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if Debra was purposely programmed to say we all support trump, because it's seems that Debra thinks the VAST majority of people on this site are libertarians who support trump. I don't think Debra understands that libertarians don't support trump. It's kinda funny that there are a few on here that have been categorized as republicans, and they also support trump (according to Debra).     
    Zombieguy1987
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5947 Pts   -  
    Debra is a neural network-based AI. It learns from the patterns it sees on the Internet, over time seeing what patterns are generally perceived as good or bad by people. For example, the word "rape" rarely comes up with civil, peaceful discussions, and is much more often found in heated aggressive ones - hence Debra learns to associate it with being inconsiderate.

Debra is not a fully autonomous AI, in the sense that it follows the same simple algorithm and will follow it forever; it does not try to modify it to better adapt it to the challenges posed to it. Debra is not a general intelligence; it is a static, virtual intelligence.

It is amazing that it works as well as it does, considering the complexity of human interactions and language.
    OppolzerpiloteerZombieguy1987
    @MayCaesar

I may sound a tad paranoid, but I'm convinced Debra is singling me out. I always get bad consideration scores, and I always refrain from using phrases like, "KILL THE WORLD", "MASS SHOOTINGS aren't that bad, ABUSING ANIMALS IS FUNNY, NUKE ALL OTHER COUNTRIES, ETHNIC GENOCIDE,  or WALMART!!!! But I somehow end up getting bad ratings.   
    @MayCaesar

Eh? :# See what I mean. Look what happened on my last post which was peace loving and non-gender assuming. She's out to get me I tell ya.  
    Really?!?! Nothing. Not one person could slap a funny icon on the last two posts I made? That was comedic rare earth metal right there, and I get nothing?!?!? I waste my A material on you people. No respect, I tell ya, no respect! 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @piloteer

But you're not a biased individual, based on some of your individually chosen argument choices? 

"The AI "technology" on this site should be ignored because of its obvious uselessness and bias."

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @piloteer

If you maybe have a negative opinion over the (Debra AI Prediction) portion of the website, you could take your grievance, up with the Moderator of the website? 
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

I don't have any particular grievances that I feel warrants a talk with the moderator. I'm just pointing out how ineffective Debra is, and should be ignored. I really just made this thread to get attention. I'm running low on controversial topics right now. This one's just a filler while I come up with more purposely enraging topics. Do you have any ideas? What aggravates you?   
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    Debra is surprisingly effective.

She only falls when the programmer let his bias dictate the results. Consider...

Considerate: - Debra is amazingly effective in this score. She's able to figure out even sarcasm parading as compliments

Substantial: This is her most valuable scoring. This tells us how much your post related to the post it replied. A consistent low score here means you're likely a troll.

Spelling & Grammar: This is for your own help at improving your communicating skills and readability.

Sentiment: Watch out with this score because a consistently low score here will cause Debra to list you as a troll.

Avg. Grade Level: The better educated you are, the higher will be this score.

Sources: This score is good when your opponent accuses you of having listed no sources.

Entity Sentiment Detection:   libertarian Trump supporter

This is where Debra fails. The person coding her algorithm is very likely a liberal progressive who mostly lives in a bubble of other liberals.

But just common sense should tell us that we cannot all be libertarian Trump supporters.

Debra is supposed to "learn" and become better, but this scoring, (ESD) has not improved in months.

Other than this one, Debra is scarily accurate at what it does.