frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Whats your opinion?

Debate Information

What is your opinion of what this man had to say?

Is he right or wrong?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    @all4actt

The Second Amendment as its currently written, is unfair, and unequal, to the rest of the United States that doesn't own a gun, or doesn't want to own a gun.

But the Second Amendment is fair, and equal to the NRA, It's fair, and equal to the fellow in this video, and its fair, and equal to the pro gun extremists.

BUT the majority of the country doesn't own as gun, or doesn't have to own a gun, and that's where the Second Amendment as this fellow explains himself, fails to bring, fair, and, equal representation, to the rest of the country, that doesn't own gun, or doesn't want to own a gun? 

And that's the TRUTH, that none of the pro gun talking heads, want to even approach, without wearing the Second Amendment like its a backpack, to use the Second Amendment as their own "Argument Puppet," when it self serves their need? 

Or that people should buy a gun, so that they don't get victimized by someone else with a gun, for not owning a gun?
    So that a person without a gun doesn't suffer, from self victimization, for not taking the pro gun extremists advice and getting a gun? 
    (Isn't the above, an example of some of the pro gun extremists thinking, and some of their logic?)

Being that I heard this line of thought, expressed more than a few times. 
  • all4acttall4actt 304 Pts   -  
    TDKB

No one cares if you want to own a gun or not.  I wouldn't encourage anyone who doesn't feel comfortable or just doesn't want a gun to go out and get one.

What he is saying is why should law abiding citizens who happen to own guns be punished or threatened to be punished everytime some decides he wants to kill a bunch of people.

I think the latest statisticts of prisoners in jail for gun related crimes states that only 7% of the guns used were obtained legally.  So what is taking away guns from everyone really going to accomplish.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @all4actt

Where is the legitimate proof, that what this fellow is saying is true, based upon your interpretation of his word's? 

"What he is saying is why should law abiding citizens who happen to own guns be punished or threatened to be punished everytime some decides he wants to kill a bunch of people."

There should be 1000% Accountability for every gun in the United States, legal and illegal, and if some have an issue with that type of nationwide accountability, then there's a mentality problem, that the Second Amendment, does not cover, or makes exceptions for the legal gun owners, who have committed mass shooting crimes, does it?

Or the criminals, and the offenders, who have committed gun violence crimes, with their illegal guns, does it?

So again, the Second Amendment as it's currently written, fails to bring, fair, and, equal representation, to the rest of the country, that doesn't own gun, or doesn't want to own a gun, now does it?
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Honestly? It's just a piece of paranoid propaganda... I thought he was going to argue about the gun show cancellation but he went on about his paranoid fear of having his guns taken... This exact speech (which is really just a listing of pro-gun talking points) is repeated ad nauseam by gun advocates, regardless of the issue at hand (here a cancellation of an event), it's repeated like a trance inducing mantra that it's rendered meaningless... Looks like he's trying more to convince himself than anyone else...  How is a gun show cancellation equate to taking guns away from anyone??? Gun shops are still a thing you know...
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    This Man's speech has nothing to do with a gun show cancellation.  His speech is a response to the conversations and discussions happening at that town hall that were a response to a recent shooting.  The other members of the city council had long-winded discussions about how to effectively stop the shooting incidents, the majority of the verbiage was surrounding putting legal restraints on the citizens of the United States who already follow the law.  Criminals, by definition, do not follow the law.  Therefor any laws written into the code can only target law abiding citizens and those who have ALREADY broken the law.  The conclusion here is that the laws don't stop the crime from happening and therefor the MAJORITY of the people affected by these proposed laws are raising hell because they're not the threat.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• @Plaffelvohfen ;

The Second Amendment as its currently written, is unfair, and unequal, to the rest of the United States that doesn't own a gun, or doesn't want to own a gun. (TKDB) In basic principle the 2nds Amendment is a change on either basic principle or legal precedent maybe  both of the American United State Constitution. The writing in the 2nd Amendment describes lethal force as a basic principle that can be shared in arms held in armory of any kind as a united state. A Militia is needed to secure a free state is the 2nd United state to which a bond is made with constitution. A free state is a condition which does not have self-value or assigned cost placed on it.

to the rest of the United States that doesn't own a gun,  ( TKDB ) the people can hold a lethal force even without gun, you feel that this warning is unfair to the people who do not own a gun? Doesn't want to own a gun. According to 2nd change made on American Constitutional articles , what you are stating, saying, in basic principle of law is people refuse to bear the weight of lethal force and are not forced to against there free will and liberty. However this Independence comes at great assigned cost they place on others by risk of loss to human lives.

Mr. Robinson is right [though his grievance is not held within United state or constitution. He is speaking as a witness as  reorientation this is not a educational test it is testimony before American Constitution as Greensboro N.C. City Counsel. To preserve a presumption of Innocence it is believe a gun will be purchased but any restitution has not been paid as no properly given state of the union address was undertaken so payments are now in political limbo until the figures can be retrieved from the pentagon on the cost they incur when arming a solder with similar armament, plus costs the state added by way of registration. This would be a common defense to insure the any governing is not an act of tyranny by basic principle. When a person states that the government cannot just take a arm held at bear in independent armory it is under the presumption that innocence of crime by law is held as united state. 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

@Vaulk

Where is the legitimate proof, that what this fellow is saying is true, based upon your interpretation of his word's? 

"What he is saying is why should law abiding citizens who happen to own guns be punished or threatened to be punished everytime some decides he wants to kill a bunch of people."

There should be 1000% Accountability for every gun in the United States, legal and illegal, and if some have an issue with that type of nationwide accountability, then there's a mentality problem, that the Second Amendment, does not cover, or makes exceptions for the legal gun owners, who have committed mass shooting crimes, does it?

Or the criminals, and the offenders, who have committed gun violence crimes, with their illegal guns, does it?

So again, the Second Amendment as it's currently written, fails to bring, fair, and, equal representation, to the rest of the country, that doesn't own gun, or doesn't want to own a gun, now does it? 
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Let me try that stance for a while.

Ehem.....Nah, you're wrong, I'm right, I don't care what you say, your words are dumb and you're a puppet just regurgitating what you've been fed by the minority who scream the loudest.

There, according to you...this argument should be unbeatable.
    piloteer
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk

You're wrong.

The NRA, is wrong.

And the Second Amendment as it's currently written, is wrong, and the thousands of gun violence crimes, that have been caused by both, the legal gun owners, and the illegal gun owners, are all wrong for illegally pulling the triggers of their guns, and illegally infringed on the Rights of those lives that they killed. 

(IE: There should be 1000% Accountability for every gun in the United States, legal and illegal, and if some have an issue with that type of nationwide accountability, then there's a mentality problem, that the Second Amendment, does not cover, or makes exceptions for the legal gun owners, who have committed mass shooting crimes, does it?

So again, the Second Amendment as it's currently written, fails to bring, fair, and, equal representation, to the rest of the country, that doesn't own gun, or doesn't want to own a gun, now does it?)

So again, those legal and illegal gun owners are all wrong, who killed people with their guns. 

Just as the NRA, is wrong.

And the rest of the Public is right, because the rest of the Public isn't being equally, fairly, civilly, or formally represented by the Second Amendment, as its currently written.

And I'm pro family, and pro Public safety, in the light of your pro gun opinion. 

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    Vaulk said:
    @TKDB

Let me try that stance for a while.

Ehem.....Nah, you're wrong, I'm right, I don't care what you say, your words are dumb and you're a puppet just regurgitating what you've been fed by the minority who scream the loudest.

There, according to you...this argument should be unbeatable.
    "@Vaulk

You don't give it the same "panache" TKDB puts into it. Close, but nobody can emulate the whine. It's like you can actually hear the whining in the typed words. It's really an art form.

Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @piloteer

Why not run to the NRA on Twitter, and invite them to grade your counter argument?

"You don't give it the same "panache" TKDB puts into it. Close, but nobody can emulate the whine. It's like you can actually hear the whining in the typed words. It's really an art form."

Don't fret, I'm sure that they will be fair, equal, and fully representative, to the pro gun extremists crowd, the pro gun crowd, the Far Right Pro Gun supporter crowd, and the weapons manufacturing companies across the country, along with the rest of the Public, that doesn't own a gun, or want to own a gun, or to pay, the membership fees to be an official member, of the NRA? 
    TDKB. You said>>>So again, the Second Amendment as it's currently written, fails to bring, fair, and, equal representation, to the rest of the country, that doesn't own gun, or doesn't want to own a gun, now does it?

How exactly does the second admendment fail to bring fair and equal protection to anyone who either doesn't want/own a gun?

There are no requirements in it that a citizen has to own a gun.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @all4actt

Go get the NRA, to help you with your argument?

(So again, the Second Amendment as it's currently written, fails to bring, fair, and, equal representation, to the rest of the country, that doesn't own gun, or doesn't want to own a gun, now does it?)

"How exactly does the second admendment fail to bring fair and equal protection to anyone who either doesn't want/own a gun?

There are no requirements in it that a citizen has to own a gun."

I'll wait while you come back with a standard NRA, type of answer.
    TDKB 

One I am not even a member of the NRA.

You said So again, the Second Amendment as it's currently written, fails to bring, fair, and, equal representation, to the rest of the country, that doesn't own gun, or doesn't want to own a gun, now does it?

And I stated that there are no requirements in it that a citizen has to own a gun."

I have another question about your "1000%" accountability of legally and illegally owned firearms.

How do you think they would ever get a 100% count of illegally held guns?  Believe me if they had a way of doing that those guns would already have been confinscated.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    @all4actt

"One I am not even a member of the NRA.

You said So again, the Second Amendment as it's currently written, fails to bring, fair, and, equal representation, to the rest of the country, that doesn't own gun, or doesn't want to own a gun, now does it?

And I stated that there are no requirements in it that a citizen has to own a gun."

I have another question about your "1000%" accountability of legally and illegally owned firearms.

How do you think they would ever get a 100% count of illegally held guns?  Believe me if they had a way of doing that those guns would already have been confinscated."

My guess, is that the NRA, would reiterate again, about the Second Amendment?

And any Public talk or a discussion, would be balked because, the Second Amendment, would again, be the premiere focal point, and the below pro family, amd pro Public safety talking points, would be ignored:

(None of the NRA, or some of the pro gun extremists crowd, or some of the Far Right Pro Gun crowd, are going to entertain the below questions, because the Second Amendment, through their guessed silence, I'm guessing, is maybe more important?

If there has been conversation by any of the above, it's maybe being done behind the artificial screen of the internet, or behind the closed doors, of those who value a firearm, through the very lenses of their individual pro gun opinions, and the Public is viewed as what, an afterthought, of sorts? I'm not sure.

But what I and the Public, have been educated by, are those Mass shooters crimes, committed by Nicholas Cruz, Stephen Paddock, and Seth Ator.

And how some have not expressed a word, about expressing any sympathies, for those Police Officers, toddlers, kids, teenagers, students, parents, or senior citizens, who have been killed, by the various gun violence crimes, that have been committed in the United States?

I've looked, via Twitter, and on some debate forums, and on some of the comment sections, that have written nationwide articles, about those Mass shooters crimes, and there is little, if any sympathies that get expressed about those killed family members?

Some of the pro gun crowd, just laments over the Second Amendment, and that's it.

While others lament over Gun Control?)

Then the overall Public safety, of the country as a whole?

And, the Second Amendment, notice what it addresses, verses what it doesn't address? 

And it doesn't address any of the below, which is unfair, and unequal, and fails to offer full representation, to every citizen in the country?

So again, those legal and illegal gun owners are all wrong, who killed people with their guns.  

Because, I fail to see, how those legal gun owning, first time offenders, and those criminals, or offenders, who killed innocent people, with their guns, could be viewed, as being pro family, and pro Public safety, because of the crimes, that they committed with their guns? 

The Second Amendment says a citizen, has the right to bear arm's, and that right, not being infringed upon.

But the rest of what, some of the legal gun owners, and the illegal gun owners, have done via their gun violence crimes, isn't covered by the Second Amendment.

TDBK

I've said it before but I will repeat myself again.  I think I can safely speak for the majority of gun owners and myself when I say that with the rest of the country our hearts break for the loved ones of all those who have been murdered by any means, whether it was done by gun, car, bomb, plane or knife or any other weapon that someone has used for mass killings in recent memory.

I can tell that you are angry and outraged by all current gun related murders and I give you my heartfelt sympathys if you lost someone personally to some type of gun violence.

I make no excuses for these people who commit these aotrocities because there isn't one.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @all4actt

The rest of the Public, deserves an Amended Second Amendment.

Because the rest of the Public, deserves fair, and equal representation, from the Second Amendment, which it does not recognize.

Because the Second Amendment, as it's currently written, only mentions that an individual has the right to bear arms, and that that right won't be infringed on.

Well, the Rights of the rest of the Public, are being infringed on by both the legal, and illegal gun owners, who have killed innocent people, and that is UNACCEPTABLE. 

Therefore the Public as a whole, deserves an amended Second Amendment.