frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

I'm Right, You're , and I Don't Care What You Say.

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Sorry to again go "off topic" (above), but, a topic was brought up that I felt needed an opinion. So, its your right to think I'm . :smiley: 
    I'm sure the "snake guy" will agree, among others that I feel mutually about.  I DO care what you say … but not that much. :relaxed:
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    TKDB said:
    @piloteer

"@TKDB ;

"I'm sure your life is endlessly fascinating, and you must have oodles of friends."

@piloteer

Are you using debate forums, as self justification devices, to justify your individual arguments?

Who are your friends?

Your computer, the internet, your cell phone, your home, and your individual mindset? 

Are Vaulk, ZeusAres42, Plaffelvohfen, and CYDdharta, your friends?

They're reliable, and pro piloteer oriented, right? 

I most certainly am using DI to justify my individual arguments. It's a good thing too, because this is a debate site, and that's what people do here. I'm sorry you're a robot who's incapable of having things in your life that you value, beside of course, telling people they're evil for having individual mindsets.  I'm talking to Aarong shutting down your profile. Your a bot, we all know it!!!
    ZeusAres42Zombieguy1987
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    AlofRI said:

A "tyrannical government" isn't going to be stopped by a bunch of buddies with M-16's, it has to be destroyed at the voting booth …. or by REAL AMERICANS with real families who are in control of the REGULAR militia (Army, Navy, Air Force). 

Well, actually, a tyrannical government has already been stopped by a bunch of buddies with less effective weapons than the M-16 rifle.  It was called the Battle of Athens and it happened right here in the United States.   The reason they HAD to use firearms to stop the government was specifically and exclusively BECAUSE the voting booth had been corrupted.  These Men had no control of the "Regular Militia" which you've incorrectly related to the Branches of Military BTW, but that's a different story.  This instance serves as case in point and sufficient irrefutable evidence that, at times, Men can, and HAVE already used firearms to stand up to a tyrannical Government.  Mind you that this use of force against the government in Athens happened AFTER the Federal Government failed to correct the issue and AFTER the corruption got so bad that law enforcement were murdering citizens at the voting booth for attempting to cast their ballot.

There is no "Well that's not the same thing" or "Well that's only one instance".  You only need one instance of people being murdered for voting against the government's wishes to justify the citizens holding the ultimate power to overthrow the government.  

And coming from the Military, I can assure you with supreme confidence that if the people of the United States (The Civilians) stood up against the government with their handguns and rifles...there would be nothing the U.S. Military could do to stop them.  It's a very popular misinformed position that the Military somehow has the power to stand against hundreds of millions of citizens.
    CYDdhartaZombieguy1987
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    @piloteer

"I most certainly am using DI to justify my individual arguments."

"It's a good thing too, because this is a debate site, and that's what people do here."

"I'm sorry you're a robot who's incapable of having things in your life that you value, beside of course, telling people they're evil for having individual mindsets."

"I'm talking to Aarong shutting down your profile. Your a bot, we all know it!!!"

Where's your evidence, that I did this?

"I'm sorry you're a robot who's incapable of having things in your life that you value, beside of course, telling people they're evil for having individual mindsets."

Did I publicly say to you, that you're evil, for having individual mindsets?

I said that to you?

Did I publicly say that @Vaulk, as well?

Did I publicly say that @CYDdharta?

Did I publicly say that @Zombieguy1987?

Did I publicly say that @ZeusAres42?

When you say "people," I'm making the guess that your maybe suggesting, that I have said, what you're implying, and that you also have that specific quotation from me, saying this to you?

That you're evil, for having individual mindsets? 

Do you have that alleged evidence to present to Aarong, to support your claim, in regards to me personally? 

@piloteer

Who is the "we," that you're referring to? 

"Your a bot, we all know it!!!"

And in looking back over this specific forum, in regards to your claim, towards me, I didn't say anything of the sort to you, did I?

You expressed this to me first:

"@TKDB 
    • "I'm sure your life is endlessly fascinating, and you must have oodles of friends."

• @piloteer

(Are you using debate forums, as self justification devices, to justify your individual arguments?)

• Was one of the statements on this specific forum, but not the one, you're alluding to? 

Zombieguy1987ZeusAres42Vaulk
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk

https://www.csgv.org/action/tell-ms-magazine-dont-back-down-to-pro-gun-extremists/

"TELL MS. MAGAZINE:Don’t Back Down to Pro-Gun Extremists"

"TELL MS. MAGAZINE:

Allowing pro-gun extremists to restrict our freedom or speech with cheap threats and intimidation is unacceptable on every level. Don't give into thuggery. Publish Heidi Yewman's articles."

"UPDATE: On July 10, 2013, Ms. Magazine contacted the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence and informed us they had reversed their decision and offered to publish Heidi Yewman’s two remaining articles.,

"Americans concerned about our epidemic of gun violence are speaking out louder than ever and calling for change. Unfortunately, one of our most powerful voices was just silenced by Ms. Magazine.

Earlier this year, Ms. Magazine, a publication about women’s rights and points of view, asked gun-violence prevention activist and author Heidi Yewman to write a series of articles about the problem of loose gun laws. But when they published her first article, pro-gun activists swarmed the Ms. Magazine website to post angry comments—and threatened Heidi by posting her home address."

"Ms. Magazine responded not by standing with Heidi, but by cancelling the final two articles in her series, saying “they’ll only fire up the [pro-gun] troops again.”

"Heidi’s article revealed just how easy it is to get a gun and concealed carry license without any firearms knowledge or training—a fact gun activists clearly don’t want the public to know.

Rather than bowing to thuggery, Ms. Magazine should make it clear that pro-gun extremists can NOT silence their writers (and readers) who speak out against gun violence."

As one educates themselves, from both sides of the Gun violence crimes situation in the United States, it's clear that the Public as a whole, is in a sense being placed between, the Second Amendment, as its currently written, and between some of the legal gun owners, and the illegal gun owners, and the NRA, and the stance that's it taken, by apparently, using the Second Amendment, as a political backdrop to reiterate their pro gun messaging?

In the middle of those various stances, is the Public, being victimized by the gun violence crimes, that have been committed by some of the legal gun owners, and the illegal gun owners.

Where is it written in the Second Amendment, that the NRA, and some of the pro gun extremists, and the Far Right Pro Gun supporters crowd, apparently get to utilize the Second Amendment, as they individually see fit to, while the Public, as a whole, is being affected by the various gun violence crimes, that have taken some of those lives, that are a part of the Public, as a whole?

When did the Second Amendment become a political bargaining chip, by some of the pro gun organizations? 

And when did individual gun ownership, become another political bargaining chip? 

It would seem, that the venue of pro gun politics in the United States, has staked its own claim, when it comes to the political game, of campaigning for future NRA members, along with maybe campaigning for future votes from the Public itself?

The internet provided reference material, for both sides of the pro gun conversations, and the pro gun control conversations, is equally abundant.

And watching how the various individuals present their positions, opinions, and argument rhetoric, is a historical, and fascinating education to be educated on.

I'm glad that the pro gun extremists crowd, the pro gun crowd, the NRA, the Far Right Pro Gun crowd, and the pro gun control crowds, are expressing themselves, as they are.

Because it's the only way overall, that the Public, as a whole is going to get a fair and equal education, is by learning how the various sides are representing themselves?

And its sad that, things are this way?

The blatant, and obvious Tug of War, that is surrounding the Second Amendment, as it does?

And the Tug of War, that is going on around the safety of the Public, while gun violence crimes, affects the Public overall?

That's the saddest form of Public representation, that I know of.

And I thank you, for educating me, through the lens of your pro gun mindset.

Zombieguy1987ZeusAres42
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    @Vaulk

"And coming from the Military, I can assure you with supreme confidence that if the people of the United States (The Civilians) stood up against the government with their handguns and rifles...there would be nothing the U.S. Military could do to stop them." 

"It's a very popular misinformed position that the Military somehow has the power to stand against hundreds of millions of citizens."

I can assure you with Supreme confidence that if thr people of the United States (the civilians) stood up against the government with their and rifles... there would be nothing the U.S. Military could do to stop them."

From Wikipedia:

"Americans made up 4 percent of the world's population but owned about 46 percent of the entire global stock of 857 million civilian firearms."[5] 

"U.S civilians own 393 million guns."

That is 3 times as many guns as the armed forces of the Russian Federation (30.3 million), 

China (27.5 million), 

North Korea (8.4 million), 

Ukraine (6.6 million), 

United States (4.5 million), 

India (3.9 million), 

Vietnam (3.8 million), 

Iran (3.3 million), 

South Korea (2.7 million), 

Pakistan (2.3 million), 

and all the other countries (39.7 million) combined.[6] American civilians own more guns "than those held by civilians in the other top 25 countries combined."[7] "

"American civilians own nearly 100 times as many firearms as the U.S. military and nearly 400 times as many as law enforcement."[8] Americans bought more than 2 million guns in May 2018, alone.[8] That is more than twice as many guns, as possessed by every law enforcement agency in the United States put together.[8] In April and May 2018, U.S. civilians bought 4.7 million guns, which is more than all the firearms stockpiled by the United States military.[8] In 2017, Americans bought 25.2 million guns, which is 2.5 million more guns than possessed by every law enforcement agency in the world put together.[8] Between 2012 and 2017, U.S. civilians bought 135 million guns, 2 million more guns than the combined stockpile of all the world's armed forces.[8] "

(What grouping of civilians are you, maybe talking about? Some of those with their legal guns, or maybe, some of those, with their illegal guns?)

(And, for what current reason, or reasons, would these individual civilians, maybe, have the need to stand up against the Government, or the U.S. Military for?)

(The last time I checked, there are said to be 393 million guns in the United States by civilians, per Wikipedia.)

(While the U.S. Military has 4.5 million guns, per Wikipedia.)

(In a country that has 329 million citizens in it, of which 900,000 of those citizens, are Police Officers?)

From what information source, did you hear the above from? 

The difference between the military, and some of the civilians with their guns?

The US military, keeps their arms, in an arms room, yes or no? 

For either, training purposes, qualification purposes, or for cleaning, and at the same time, along those lines, of having 1000% Accountability, for all the weapons, for those individual soldiers, or for the soldiers vehicles, as in a Humvee, or a tank?

And will then have each weapon, signed out and by each soldier.

While some civilians, keep some of their legal, and illegal guns, at the ready, it would seem, for their various individual purposes?

Maybe to sell, to an individual who isn't supposed to have a gun? 

I believe that there are millions of illegal guns, lacking a serial number, and are on the streets, across the various cities, of the various states, in the U.S. 

Which again, the Second Amendment, provides ZERO, accommodations, for those criminals, or the offenders, who are in possession of those illegal guns?

Being that there is ZERO accountability for those guns, unlike how the U.S. has a chain of responsibility, for each one of their weapons, per arms room. 
    ZeusAres42