frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

LGBT propaganda must not be allowed in schools.

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• @MayCaesar
    Why is happiness in the west always associating with possessing a huge amount of money? That is not success,success is about being content in your life,helping other people,setting up a good example,standing up for what is right and eventually,having childreen that grow up like that and teach their childreen those things. Though,i would not say that having childreen is necessary,many people cannot even find a partner. Basically,women have the natural need to have childreen and protection,if they do not then they will get miserable as they get old. On the other hand,men may not have that natural need for childreen as much so they have to go on finding meaning in their mind and always staying strong. A woman who has a "career" but no one besides her is destined to misery. Im not trying to put down anyone,im just stating facts. In the end i dont care,id say let people do what they want and see themselves what happens if they do not listen. Not going to pressure anyone to listen.
    You claim that you are just stating facts. Provide evidence to confirm the validity of your statement.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -  
    @MartinGocic

Money is freedom. The more money you have, the more opportunities you have, and the better you are able to organise your life in a way that maximises your happiness. You can do everything you mentioned, but if you are constantly broke at the same time, then you will be very limited in what you can do in life. It is no accident that whenever you go to a third world country, people there constantly squint and frown, while in developed countries you see smiles and calm faces everywhere; happiness and material prosperity are strongly correlated.

I know plenty of career-focused women that have no partner or children, and are lighting with joy 24/7. Your "facts" appear to contradict the observations, and seem to come from some caveman culture. Where do you live?
    대왕광개토MartinGocic
  • MartinGocicMartinGocic 57 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    @MayCaesar
    I live in Serbia,and here we tend to stick with tradition and Christianity,like Russia. We are conservative but rather welcoming to foreigners. But we do not let our country be poisoned by propaganda. My country is also sometimes reffered to as "little Russia", since we have a lot in common with that country,and it is friendly to us as always in history. 
    This is not a cave,this is a place that will not let anyone just poison our childreen with "feminism" and "Lgbt rights" and "poor migrants" coming to live for free and rape and murder christians.
    대왕광개토Plaffelvohfen
  • 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    @MayCaesar
    I live in Serbia,and here we tend to stick with tradition and Christianity,like Russia. We are conservative but rather welcoming to foreigners. But we do not let our country be poisoned by propaganda. My country is also sometimes reffered to as "little Russia", since we have a lot in common with that country,and it is friendly to us as always in history. 
    This is not a cave,this is a place that will not let anyone just poison our childreen with "feminism" and "Lgbt rights" and "poor migrants" coming to live for free and rape and murder christians.
    If you want to make a solid claim that LGBT is a poisonous propaganda, then you should demonstrate any evidence that directly debunks it. However, you didn't do that, and that makes your claim baseless. 

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/365/6456/eaat7693

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/365/6456/869
     The two studies that shows that gay/lesbian is natural. In addition, I cited a link for researches on gay/lesbian marriage and you didn't cite any research to defend your claim.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • @MartinGocic

Fact, you can absolutely have 2 fathers or 2 mothers, what you cannot have are same sex progenitors... There's a difference between biological roles and social roles...

No, by fact we have one mother and one father, what there is are legal guardians, parents, and biological parents.

1.       The legal guardians are those who raise you and are bound directly first to the child by law.

2.       The parent is the person who contributes materials for the creation of the child this is one woman and one male and they may not be responsible by sex or rate for the child's creation.

3.       The biological parents are the two people, who can be either gender of the mixed couple who are to bear the weight combining genetic materials used to create the child. male & female, Female & Female, Male & male, In many cases it can be a number of people no longer held by the licensed protection of marriage as a single couple. This legal issue is held by the medical licenses assigned by the state of practice.

Whereas It is not a shared opinion that two men cannot be forcibly incorporate as a couple by an application of public union known as a constitutional detail like Binvir to streamline legal witness accounts in full legal cause of these new style partnership.

Whereas it is not a shared opinion the two women cannot be forcibly incorporated as a couple by law in any application public union known as a constitutional detail of mulierfemina. Providing fully and complete legal cause. Aiding witnesses in accounting for the new stile or form of public corporation.

In order to avoid implication of insurance fraud and perjury to details of education should address the basic principle that these couples are in truth public corporations. It is illegal to address any personal relationships between the company members as a burden of witness of the formation of corporation.

The legal United state already in place for partnerships of couples of the same gender are corporation there is not reasons this basic principle must change bind people and child as a civil unit.

대왕광개토
  • @대왕광개토 ;

There simply is no such thing as legal same coupe Marriage these couples who make the claim otherwise are by law public corporation, and are to be witnessed as Marriage otherwise perjury of the witness take place. A male public private corporation in legal united state is Binvir. A female public private corporation in legal unit4ed state is Mulierfemina as a witness account
    대왕광개토
  • MartinGocicMartinGocic 57 Pts   -  
    대왕광개토
    @MartinGocic

From what I see on various Press Freedom rankings, your country tends to be in the bottom half, so I would not be so sure about not allowing yourselves to be poisoned by propaganda. It seems that you are a subject to governmental propaganda, that tries to distract you from the problems your country is ridden with, such as, for example, your impoverished economy, poorer even than that of Russia or China.

It seems to me that your positions are caused by you taking your cultural programming uncriticially, and not by application of actual logic. You have never actually provided any argument in support of your positions, you are just repeating them over and over, as if that makes them any more logical.

Why do you not walk around and ask the actual Serbian women what they think about your little theory? That they need a strong man to be happy, and are not able to be content with being independent and successful in their careers? I suspect that many women over there are not as inclined to agree with this patronising narrative, as most men.
  • MartinGocicMartinGocic 57 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar
    Yeah,they actually mostly do agree,and they do not call themselves feminists. It is very rare to see a woman calling herself a feminist. And no,we are not letting ourselves get brainwashed,since we have alternate media and the internet (like any other country nowadays).
    You most probably believe any US narrative,for example that my country had to be bombed by NATO led by USA in 1999,also invaded in the same war by Albanian terrorist groups and some NATO troops. 
    This is irrelevant to the topic,but the people here have suffered so much throughout history that they can see the truth in things. 
    Unlike the USA which is contantly warmongering,yet has never experienced a war on its soil. And the people there who only know what war and life is through Hollywood movies.
    piloteer
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    @MartinGocic

We have gone through multiple wars on our soil, including the devastating Civil War. This country is no alien to suffering. The difference is that people here have learned their lessons well and adjusted their behaviors accordingly, while people in Serbia at large have the same beliefs as they did 500 years ago.

You seem to live in your little world conjured by your limited experiences. I cannot claim to be the most knowledgeable person on Earth, but I have gotten to live in many different countries, from the most prosperous to the most miserable ones. I know well that people everywhere tend to see the rest of the world through the prism of their cultural conditioning, and Americans are no different in this regard. Nonetheless, we have achieved a very high quality of life around here, while people in Serbia still live as if Tito's rule had never ended.

I do not care about all these nationalist debates: "my country vs your country". I do not care about countries. I care about the people and the location. And it so happens that the culture you are propagating has led your people to a civil war and consequential societal collapse, after which you have returned to the same old traditionalist model. While here people have grown up significantly since 1860-s, and we understand the value of mutually beneficial human cooperation over traditionalist dogmas. "I may not like you, but I will defend your right to live the life your way" turns out to be a better philosophy, than "We must preserve the traditional values from 10,000 years ago, and pick on everyone who does not promote them".
  • I read the article about a child of a lesbian couple. Before I say anything, I want to go back to what you said about LGBT. You claimed that children raised under gay/lesbian parents will have mental health problems and certainly be impaired. You also claimed that they will most certainly become antisocial and the country will have weak constructions. Now let's talk about the article you posted. It talks about a wom who has been raised by lesbian parents. She said that children of same sex parents should have right to know their true parents. And... that's it. The article doesn't talk anything about the negative side effects of same sex marriage( mental issue, antisocial, weak nation,  severe impairment) you claimed will be inevitable. Nor does it talk about how well the  children of same sex parents are doing compared to children of heterosexual parents. It is just an opinion held by a woman raised by same sex parents. Nothing else. The article doesn't back up your viewpoint at all.
    Why don't we, instead of reading media articles, go after the actual studies? And they seem pretty universal in their conclusions, even going back to 80-s, when barely anyone cared about the subject and there was little in terms of political agendas involved. For example:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3718205

Two types of single-parent households and their effects on children ages 3-11 years were compared. One type comprised 50 homosexual mothers and their 56 children, and the other was a group of 40 heterosexual mothers and their 48 children. There were 30 daughters and 26 sons of homosexual mothers and 28 daughters and 20 sons of heterosexual mothers. The sexual identity and social relationships of the children were assessed in relation to the sexual orientation of the mothers. The samples consisted of families from rural and urban areas in 10 American states. All have lived without adult males (18 years or older) in the household for a minimum of 2 years (average 4). Families with heterosexual mothers were matched to families with homosexual mothers on age and race of mother; length of mother and child separation from father; educational level and income of mother; and number, age, and sex of children. Data are reported from childrens' tests designed to provide information on general intelligence, core-morphologic sexual identity, gender-role preferences, family and peer group relationships, and adjustment to the single-parent family. No significant differences were found between the two types of households for boys and few significant differences for girls. Concerns that being raised by a homosexual mother might produce sexual identity conflict and peer group stigmatization were not supported by the research findings. Data also revealed more similarities than differences in parenting experiences, marital history, and present living situations of the two groups of mothers. The postulated compromised parental fitness of lesbian mothers, commonly asserted in child custody cases, is not supported by these data.

대왕광개토PlaffelvohfenRichardCarter2021piloteer
  • @MayCaesar Agreed. Media article is not as credible as actual research.