frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Cyberchondria - why the Internet is unreliable for health-related issues

Debate Information

When you're feeling a bit under the weather probably one of the worst things you want to do is to start googling your symptoms. When you google your symptoms you're bound to run in to either sights that still leaves you feeling unsure about your symptoms or other sites that will either tell you exactly what is wrong with you or say that you're completely fine.

Now while it doesn't do much to ease your anxiety the sites that still leave you unsure are most likely the legitimate sites. These sites will be ones that give you general information and act like guides. The professionals behind these sites understand that every individual case is different, and will like also state that the information being presented is not to be used as a substitute for an official diagnoses. These are legitimate sources of online-health related resources.

On the other hand those sites that tell you that you definitely have something terminal or that you're completely fine are most certainly not reliable, legitimate resources of online information. The former can lead to endless sleepless nights worrying about nothing while the latter can make you feel relaxed when there really is something wrong. The best advice I myself can give (an opinion of though) is that any symptoms you are unsure about or have been happening for a while is to go to get a physical examination from your primary care physician; nothing can substitute this! I would also advise you sought ways of how to deal with uncertainty.

Furthermore, if you are someone that that feels there is something wrong with after even looking at legitimate resources, having physical examinations, and even biopsies coming back as normal as I think it's safe to say that you have severe health-anxiety.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments