frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do those Liberals, know what they're doing, in regards to "Impeachment?"

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• @TKDB

"You're an enabler, if you're a Liberal, and you're choosing your Liberal representatives over the Conservative representatives, than your Liberal argument, isn't fair and equal to the Public."

I'm not an liberal, nor am I making a liberal argument. These same thing I said to another commenter applies to you as well:

"You've gone off into conspiracy theory territory (Impeachment inquiry is not about hating Trump..) while doubling down on the logical faults I've called out. I'm afraid our conversation has reached the limits of usefulness."
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
  • CYDdharta said:
    @CYDdharta

You've gone off into conspiracy theory territory (Impeachment inquiry is not about hating Trump..) while doubling down on the logical faults I've called out. I'm afraid our conversation has reached the limits of usefulness.

ROFL, you should have just admitted your position is untenable instead of embarrassing yourself with this post of pure projection.
    In fairness, you don't appear to understand my position, however, you're entitled to you opinions. 
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  

In fairness, you don't appear to understand my position, however, you're entitled to you opinions. 
    If you really believe that, then enlighten me.  That's what this site is for.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    @TKDB ;
     I agree. "The histories of Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama speak for themselves."

B.O. is currently rated (In most Presidential ratings), at around 12th / 15th, with 1 being the best and (at the moment), 44th being the worst. Trump is #45. He will remain there …. until there's a 46, 47, etc. He may advance one or two …. there WAS a President who only lived a short while after election, and others who did little, but, that includes damage, so, Mr. Trump will, I believe, anchor that group for a long time to come …. if there IS a long time to come AFTER his damage.

This is the most corrupt Presidency in history, the most secretive, the most self serving and the most cruel. The "Don (s) didn't all fall with the Mafia. We are still living under ours. :rage:
    CYDdhartaPlaffelvohfen대왕광개토
  • SkepticalOneSkepticalOne Gold Premium Member 1628 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    @CYDdharta

I've attempted to do that but have been unsuccessful. I'm not optimistic investing more time will result in a different outcome. Good luck to you! I'm sure we will talk again.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    @SkepticalOne

Your argument standards need help.

"I'm not an liberal, nor am I making a liberal argument. These same thing I said to another commenter applies to you as well:

"You've gone off into conspiracy theory territory (Impeachment inquiry is not about hating Trump..) while doubling down on the logical faults I've called out. I'm afraid our conversation has reached the limits of usefulness." 

My arguments, are clearly stated below.

@SkepticalOne

(You're wrong.
    Do you feel that what you're presenting to the Public, is a fair and equal argument?)

And again, your arguments, seem to favor your individual rhetoric? 

"Yes. Regardless of who the government official is, 'well, [insert politician from opposing party] did X (or worse than X)' isn't a defense - it's a distraction meant to avoid legitimate criticism. Shame on all who do this - you are enablers."

You're an enabler, if you're a Liberal, and you're choosing your Liberal representatives over the Conservative representatives, than your Liberal argument, isn't fair and equal to the Public. 

Because the below Liberals, have all apparently chosen their Liberal Legacies, over being fair and equal to the Public, because their individual policies, speak towards their individual actions.

And to be fair and equal, Trump appears to be choosing his Conservative ways, over the rest of the Public, that doesn't agree with his Presidential ways either?

The questionable Barack Obama feels the same way with his Presidency.

The questionable Hillary Clinton feels the same way with her Liberal Legacy.

The Impeached Bill Clinton, feels the same way with his Presidency. 

Nancy Pelosi, feels the same way about her Liberal Legacy.

Chuck Schumer, feels the same way about his Liberal Legacy.

Adam Schiff, feels the same way about his Liberal Legacy.

Al Green, feels the same way about his Liberal Legacy.

AOC, feels the same way about her Liberal Legacy.

Jerry Nadler, feels the same way about his Liberal Legacy.  

@SkepticalOne

Does it look like I'm feeding myself off of, the "Conspiracy Theory Territory," tripe?

If you believe that, than back your claim up, with some of your evidence, that supports your argument? 

And I'm not an enabler, of any type.

Because any adult, can act as they choose to via some of these examples?

The Liberals, the Conservatives, the NRA, Black Lives Matter, the Marijuana Industry, the pro Marijuana supporters, the Illegal immigrant/ Illegal alien supporters, the Sanctuary Cities supporters, the Far Right Pro gun supporters, the Pro Gun Extremists, and so on.

Because I'm pro family, and pro Public safety oriented. 

• @TKDB

I saw an amusing meme that is analogous to this thread:

Customer: Waiter, there is a cockroach in my rice.

Waiter: Other restaurants have cockroaches in their rice, WHY ARE YOU IGNORING THAT!!

American politics 2019.
    CYDdhartaPlaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @SkepticalOne

This is theme of the forum:

"Do those Liberals, know what they're doing, in regards to "Impeachment?"

This has ZERO, to do with the theme of the forum:

@SkepticalOne

"I saw an amusing meme that is analogous to this thread:

Waiter: Other restaurants have cockroaches in their rice, WHY ARE YOU IGNORING THAT!!

American politics 2019."

So, are you another foreigner, trying to have your way, with another forum?

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    @TKDB

I saw an amusing meme that is analogous to this thread:

American politics 2019.

No, this is more like the scam where a customer puts a cockroach in his rice, then sues the restaurant because he found a cockroach in his rice.

Establishment politics 2019.
    MichaelElpers
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

@SkepticalOne, doesn't have an argument.

He's merely entertaining himself.
  • TKDB said:
    @CYDdharta

@SkepticalOne, doesn't have an argument.

He's merely entertaining himself.
    ...he said while having no argument to support his own proposition. Distraction is not an argument. 

Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    @SkepticalOne

, you're the self distracted individual.

The evidence to you being distracted:

"I saw an amusing meme that is analogous to this thread:

American politics 2019."

"...he said while having no argument to support his own proposition. Distraction is not an argument."

Your distracting commentary again, is contributing Zero to the theme of the forum:

This is theme of the forum:

@SkepticalOne

Below are the previous arguments, I presented to you, and again do you, SkepticalOne, have a counter argument for the below?

Does it look like I'm feeding myself off of, the "Conspiracy Theory Territory," tripe?

If you believe that, than back your claim up, with some of your evidence, that supports your argument? 

And I'm not an enabler, of any type.

Because any adult, can act as they choose to via some of these examples?

The Liberals, the Conservatives, the NRA, Black Lives Matter, the Marijuana Industry, the pro Marijuana supporters, the Illegal immigrant/ Illegal alien supporters, the Sanctuary Cities supporters, the Far Right Pro gun supporters, the Pro Gun Extremists, and so on.

Because I'm pro family, and pro Public.

So 24 hours past, and you haven't addressed those arguments? 

Could this be some of what the Dems trying to cover up with the impeachment?

Kostiantyn Kulyk, deputy head of the Ukraine prosecutor general’s international affairs office, said that, shortly after Ukrainian authorities returned from the Washington meeting, there was a clear message about helping the Americans with the Party of the Regions case.

“Yes, there was a lot of talking about needing help and then the ledger just appeared in public,” he recalled.

Kulyk said Ukrainian authorities had evidence that other Western figures, such as former Obama White House counsel Gregory Craig, also received money from Yanukovych’s party. But the Americans weren’t interested: “They just discussed Manafort. This was all and only what they wanted. Nobody else.”

Manafort joined Trump’s campaign on March 29, 2016, and then was promoted to campaign chairman on May 19, 2016. 

NABU leaked the existence of the ledgers on May 29, 2016. Later that summer, it told U.S. media the ledgers showed payments to Manafort, a revelation that forced him to resign from the campaign in August 2016.

A Ukrainian court in December concluded NABU’s release of the ledger was an illegal attempt to influence the U.S. election. And a member of Ukraine’s parliament has released a recording of a NABU official saying the agency released the ledger to help Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign.
    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/440730-how-the-obama-white-house-engaged-ukraine-to-give-russia-collusion

• VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    So Joe Biden's son, "Hunter Biden", makes 50k each month working for a Ukrainian oil company,

A Ukrainian prosecutor investigates the oil company.

Then Joe Biden threatens to withhold 1 Billion U.S. Dollars from Ukraine unless the prosecutor is fired.

But somehow this is Trump's fault for suggesting to the President of Ukraine that he launch an investigation to find out what happened with the prosecution of the oil company that Hunter Biden works for.
    CYDdharta
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

Joe Biden, won't become the Presidential hopeful for the DNC, Elizabeth Warren, or Bernie Sanders will.

And then the Public will have one of the two to Vote for, when the 2020 Election cycle comes along verses Trump.

The Election will drown out the Liberal static, that is plaguing the Public's ears, with each passing day, leading up to the Election.

Because the ongoing Liberal static storm hovering over the word, "Impeachment," is already helping the millions of U.S. citizens, to decide, who the next POTUS will be. 

Just like the Republican static storm back in the day, over President Clinton, and his Impeachment, helped Clinton, to remain in Office. 

I believe that the same outcome, is going to backfire on the Liberals, and their static storm as well. 
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    Nanci Pelosi: We're going to launch an impeachment inquiry.

Press: Have you even seen the transcript evidence that you're basing the need for impeachment on?

Also Nanci Pelosi: No.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• SkepticalOneSkepticalOne Gold Premium Member 1628 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    Vaulk said:
    Nanci Pelosi: We're going to launch an impeachment inquiry.

Press: Have you even seen the transcript evidence that you're basing the need for impeachment on?

Also Nanci Pelosi: No.
    ...that's why it's an inquiry.
    PlaffelvohfenCYDdharta
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5969 Pts   -  
    I am all for impeachment over good causes, such as a blatant disregard of basic legal institutions by the president - but not for impeachment over bad causes, such as dirty political games. I do not think Trump is qualified to be the president of the US (then again, I do not believe 90% of the American presidents were), and I would like to see him replaced by someone more capable, even someone like Pence - but democratic institutes have to be respected, and the president elected by the people cannot be impeached just because his political rivals disagree with his policies.

Given that the political force going after Trump is much more malicious than Trump himself, I sincerely hope that impeachment will not happen.
    Zombieguy1987
  • @MayCaesar

It seems like you do not recognize appealing to foreign government for political gain or depicting a political foe performing his constitutional duties of oversight as 'treasonous' is an impeachable offense? 

PlaffelvohfenCYDdharta
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    The Liberal Reality show, and Soap Opera, drama continues today.

Pelosi, and Schiff, again are in front of the news media outlet camera's, preaching to their constituents, or fanbase followers, again.

Using the U.S. Constitution as their pulpit.

The Pelosi, and Schiff Show. 

Pelosi, and Schiff, should realize, that they can only convert, but so many of the overall Public, through their Liberal preaching tactics.

From Nancy Pelosi:

"I told President Trump the Ukraine phone call wasn't perfect, it was wrong."

"Impeachment inquiry is not anything to be joyful about." 

"We have a responsibility to the Constitution and to the American people."

From Adam Schiff:

"We don't want the impeachment inquiry to drag on for months."

Exactly what do these specific Liberals do, job wise, aside from dogging the President, before the cameras of the news media outlets, on a near daily basis?

(I understand, what their Political job titles are, but, its confusing on how they present themselves, Politician wise.)

But, for more than a year now, Nancy Pelosi appears to be fixated on the President?

And the same with Adam Schiff, he appears to be fixated on the President as well?

If either one of these Politicians represented me, I'd like to know job wise, if they are seriously "Working," diligently for the people of the United States, as a whole.

Or are they maybe working, more for themselves, and their individual constituents, or follower fan bases? 

@MayCaesar

It seems like you do not recognize appealing to foreign government for political gain or depicting a political foe performing his constitutional duties of oversight as 'treasonous' is an impeachable offense?

It seems like you're more interested in promoting left-wing talking points than discussing what actually happened. Pres. Trump hasn't appealed to foreign government for political gain, he has appealed to them to aid in an investigation into the Hillary campaign's appeals to foreign governments for political gain during the 2016 election.  That being the case, his political foes are NOT performing their constitutional duties of oversight, they're trying to cover up their past maleficence, which IS 'treasonous'.

...that's why it's an inquiry.

The Mueller probe was more than enough of investigating allegations without any evidence.
  • SkepticalOneSkepticalOne Gold Premium Member 1628 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    CYDdharta said:
    @MayCaesar

It seems like you're more interested in promoting left-wing talking points than discussing what actually happened. Pres. Trump hasn't appealed to foreign government for political gain, he has appealed to them to aid in an investigation into the Hillary campaign's appeals to foreign governments for political gain during the 2016 election.  That being the case, his political foes are NOT performing their constitutional duties of oversight, they're trying to cover up their past maleficence, which IS 'treasonous'.
    Since when did calling out ethically questionable activities of elected officials become left-wing? I encourage you to evaluate your own bias.

As to my point, Trump appealed to the Ukraine to investigate baseless allegations against a current political opponent (Biden) This is an impeachable offense. 

P.s. Hillary isn't a government official anymore - it's not the job of this Congress to police her. 

Since when did calling out ethically questionable activities of elected officials become left-wing? I encourage you to evaluate your own bias.

They aren't calling out ethically questionable activities, they're abusing investigations for political gain.  Such abuse IS left-wing.

As to my point, Trump appealed to the Ukraine to investigate baseless allegations against a current political opponent (Biden) This is an impeachable offense.

Except the allegations are hardly baseless, you just want to ignore the facts.  I encourage you to evaluate your own bias.

P.s. Hillary isn't a government official anymore - it's not the job of this Congress to police her.

P.S. You're the one that keeps saying colluding with foreigners for political gain is a crime.  If anyone is guilty of that, it's Hillary.  Whether of not she is guilty should be investigated, and if she's found guilty, she should be punished.  It shouldn't be ignored like you want it to be.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @SkepticalOne

From the President on Twitter:

Adam Schiff should only be so lucky to have the brains, honor and strength of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. For a lowlife like Schiff, who completely fabricated my words and read them to Congress as though they were said by me, to demean a First in Class at West Point, is SAD!"

Democrats are trying to undo the Election regardless of FACTS!
    0:30
    707.5K views
    Embedded video
    11:31 AM · Oct 2, 2019 "

"
    Nancy Pelosi just said that she is interested in lowering prescription drug prices & working on the desperately needed USMCA. She is incapable of working on either. It is just camouflage for trying to win an election through impeachment. The Do Nothing Democrats are stuck in mud! "

@SkepticalOne

The Liberal Reality show, and Soap Opera, drama continues today.

Pelosi, and Schiff, again are in front of the news media outlet camera's, preaching to their constituents, or fanbase followers, again.

Using the U.S. Constitution as their pulpit.

The Pelosi, and Schiff Show. 

Pelosi, and Schiff, should realize, that they can only convert, but so many of the overall Public, through their Liberal preaching tactics.

From Nancy Pelosi:

"I told President Trump the Ukraine phone call wasn't perfect, it was wrong."

"Impeachment inquiry is not anything to be joyful about." 

"We have a responsibility to the Constitution and to the American people."

From Adam Schiff:

"We don't want the impeachment inquiry to drag on for months."

Exactly what do these specific Liberals do, job wise, aside from dogging the President, before the cameras of the news media outlets, on a near daily basis?

(I understand, what their Political job titles are, but, its confusing on how they present themselves, Politician wise.)

But, for more than a year now, Nancy Pelosi appears to be fixated on the President?

And the same with Adam Schiff, he appears to be fixated on the President as well?

If either one of these Politicians represented me, I'd like to know job wise, if they are seriously "Working," diligently for the people of the United States, as a whole.

Or are they maybe working, more for themselves, and their individual constituents, or follower fan bases? 
    CYDdharta said:

They aren't calling out ethically questionable activities, they're abusing investigations for political gain.  Such abuse IS left-wing.

Except the allegations are hardly baseless, you just want to ignore the facts.  I encourage you to evaluate your own bias.

P.S. You're the one that keeps saying colluding with foreigners for political gain is a crime.  If anyone is guilty of that, it's Hillary.  Whether of not she is guilty should be investigated, and if she's found guilty, she should be punished.  It shouldn't be ignored like you want it to be.

If you don't think asking the Ukraine to investigate a political rival (whether the allegations have any merit or not) is ethically dubious, then I guess we're just not going to agree.

The thread is about impeachment. Congress can't impeach persons without a government position. Hillary has no government position. Why is she in this conversation if not misdirection? Also, I'm not a democrat, you twit. Stop making assumptions about my views. 
    CYDdharta
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    Very interesting article, in regards to President Trump, and Twitter.

And Opinion Journalism articles, are excellent one sided story telling articles.

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/opinion/trump-civil-war.amp.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=#aoh=15700367473381&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.nytime s.com%2F2019%2F10%2F01%2Fopinion%2Ftrump-civil-war.html

"Trump Is Too Dangerous for Twitter

The president flagrantly violates the social platform’s rules. It’s time to bar him."

By Kara Swisher

Ms. Swisher covers technology and is a contributing opinion writer. 

"It’s almost as if Donald Trump is trying to get impeached.

By Twitter, I mean.

That’s where the twitchy fingers of the president of the United States have been working overtime to try to get him tossed off the digital communications service by posting all kinds of rule-breaking things and often in all caps with lots of exclamation marks — just so we don’t miss them.

But just as the internet companies have been gifted with a big hug of a law, Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, which extends them broad immunity from controversial content that is posted on their platforms, Mr. Trump has been given an epic pass on Twitter for whatever he does.

Why? Basically, he’s been deemed newsworthy by the company.

True enough. But that means that every day and literally twice on Sunday, it’s more incendiary tweets and rage-filled tweets and appalling tweets and reckless tweets and misleading tweets and inaccurate tweets and really inaccurate tweets. And the many lies as tweets — so, so many tweet lies.

That’s the good part, because while many of those tweets barely skirt the line Twitter has drawn that pretty much everyone else must mind, many cross it, and President Tweeter remains unconcerned by a banishment that will never come."

"Over the weekend Mr. Trump sank to a new low when he delivered a message — while cleverly hiding behind a quote from a controversial (and I am being kind here) pastor named Robert Jeffress — about the possibility of a civil war should he be impeached.

Read the tweet: “ … If the Democrats are successful in removing the President from office (which they will never be), it will cause a Civil War like fracture in this Nation from which our Country will never heal. Pastor Robert Jeffress @FoxNews.”

"Setting aside the fact that this country did survive the Civil War and major political upheavals like the resignation of President Richard Nixon, this was yet another egregious example of the kind of bad behavior that Mr. Trump is allowed to exhibit that no one else can get away with on the platform."

"More to the point, the president of the United States of America was able — without any consequence — to suggest there would be a domestic war that could result in deaths if he were subject to rules and laws — such as the whistle-blower statutes. "

"The trick was that the tweet’s message was implicit rather than explicit. And that is why Twitter did not remove the tweet, as it certainly could do. The company’s weak response shows how utterly incapable it is in dealing with these thorny issues."

"It so happens that in recent weeks, including at a fancy-pants Washington dinner party this past weekend, I have been testing my companions with a hypothetical scenario. My premise has been to ask what Twitter management should do if Mr. Trump loses the 2020 election and tweets inaccurately the next day that there had been widespread fraud and, moreover, that people should rise up in armed insurrection to keep him in office."

"Most people I have posed this question to have had the same response: Throw Mr. Trump off Twitter for inciting violence. A few have said he should be only temporarily suspended to quell any unrest. Very few said he should be allowed to continue to use the service without repercussions if he was no longer the president. One high-level government official asked me what I would do. My answer: I would never have let it get this bad to begin with."

"Now my hypothetical game has come much closer to reality. In using a quote to hide behind what he was actually trying to say, Mr. Trump was testing the system, using a tactic that is enormously dangerous."

"It’s important to stress that what Mr. Trump is doing is no different from what various autocrats and haters around the world are doing with social media platforms to push their malevolent agendas. With this latest move by the troller in chief, with no reaction from Twitter, it’s official that the medium has been hijacked by those who want to take advantage of its porous and sloppy rules."

"To be fair, I doubt the Twitter chief executive and founder Jack Dorsey could have imagined that a United States president would be so shameless and willing to cause harm by using the digital tools he built."

"Well, Mr. Trump has — over and over again. And so it is incumbent on the giant social platforms to prevent the president from dangerously weaponizing their tools. If not, when the history of this era is written, they will be judged as completely failing in their duties as citizens."

"This is not to say that this is an easy situation for Twitter. I, too, would be daunted by the incredible responsibility that has been thrust upon the company. But here we are."

"So, to help them figure it out, let me end with the words of Abraham Lincoln, who knew a thing or two about what civil wars really mean: “Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."

So when it comes to the Internet, basic journalism, social media, and Opinion based journalism, what the Truth is, has apparently become muddied, by those who take personal value, in distorting what is opinion over fact, to Publicly sell a biased argument to the overall Public?

I welcome; Schiff, Pelosi, Schumer, Sanders, Biden, Harris, Hillary Clinton, AOC, Nadler, and Green to continue on with their Liberal ideological teachings, because, you're helping the overall Public, to eventually decided on who to Vote for, when the next Election cycle comes along. 

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    From Will Wilkinson on Twitter:

My latest for argues that Trump's removal is now IMPERATIVE because his "brazen attempt to cheat his way into a second term stands so scandalously exposed that there can be no assurance of a fair election if he’s allowed to stay in office."
    nytimes.com

Another Opinion Journalist, doing another apparent Opinion Journalism piece. 

If you don't think asking the Ukraine to investigate a political rival (whether the allegations have any merit or not) is ethically dubious, then I guess we're just not going to agree.

Trump isn't investigating a political rival, he's investigating the illicit efforts to unduly, in your words illegally, influence the 2016 election.  It just so happens that Pres. Trump's rival, Biden, was a part of that effort to illegally influence the election. If you were intellectually consistent, you would applaud Pres. Trump's efforts to root out corruption in our presidential elections.  Pres. Trump's recent dealings with Ukraine WERE ALL ABOUT INVESTIGATING 0BAMA-ERA REQUESTS TO UKRAINE TO INVESTIGATE A POLITICAL RIVAL IN AN UNSUCCESSFUL EFFORT TO SWAY THE 2016 ELECTION.  C'mon, show some sense of scruples and consistency.  You haven't gone a post in this exchange without contradicting yourself.

The thread is about impeachment. Congress can't impeach persons without a government position. Hillary has no government position. Why is she in this conversation if not misdirection?

Once again, for the intellectually vapid and inconsistent;

You're the one that keeps saying colluding with foreigners for political gain is a crime.  If anyone is guilty of that, it's Hillary.  Whether of not she is guilty should be investigated, and if she's found guilty, she should be punishedIt shouldn't be ignored like you want it to be.

Also, I'm not a democrat, you twit. Stop making assumptions about my views. 

I never said you were a Democrat, you dolt.  I just said you spout left-wing talking points, which is undeniable.
  • @CYDdharta
    "Trump isn't investigating a political rival, he's investigating the illicit efforts to unduly, in your words illegally, influence the 2016 election.  It just so happens that Pres. Trump's rival, Biden, was a part of that effort to illegally influence the election."

"Colluding with foreigners for political gain" (your words, not mine) was illegal 2016 and still is in 2019. QED.
    @CYDdharta
    "Trump isn't investigating a political rival, he's investigating the illicit efforts to unduly, in your words illegally, influence the 2016 election.  It just so happens that Pres. Trump's rival, Biden, was a part of that effort to illegally influence the election."

"Colluding with foreigners for political gain" (your words, not mine) was illegal 2016 and still is in 2019. QED.

...again;

Pres. Trump's recent dealings with Ukraine WERE ALL ABOUT INVESTIGATING 0BAMA-ERA REQUESTS TO UKRAINE TO INVESTIGATE A POLITICAL RIVAL IN AN UNSUCCESSFUL EFFORT TO SWAY THE 2016 ELECTION.

...and again;

You're the one that keeps saying colluding with foreigners for political gain is a crime.  If anyone is guilty of that, it's Hillary.  Whether of not she is guilty should be investigated, and if she's found guilty, she should be punishedIt shouldn't be ignored like you want it to be.

@SkepticalOne

The Liberals are trying to make an example of Trump, via their Liberal static storm, by publicizing the word, "Impeachment," and using it to label Trump with it?

This Impeachment tactic, makes the Liberals look, in a sense, like their are in charge of their own (Tabloid Newspaper Company?)

They are embarrassing themselves, (along with looking, sad, desperate, and pitiful looking.)

And I highly doubt, that any probable number of Conservatives, are going to agree, with the Liberals, voting wise, to Impeach Trump, with a two-thirds vote.

I don't see it happening.

But you're entitled to your individual opinion. 
  • all4acttall4actt 305 Pts   -  
    AlofRI

Check your history.  President Clinton was found guilty of 11 different criminal charges not 1.  He was later allowed to plea down his charges.

Skepticalone

While the Presidents questions might be unadvisable and better left to the Justice Department to ask.  I ask what crime was committed?

Does anyone even know whether or not Pelosi even called a vote in the house about having an official impeachment inquiry?  Last I heard she had not because she didn't even have the votes to launch an offical inquiry.

Infact not bringing it to the floor disallows the minority parties from being able to call witness' to the inquiry.  

This to me seems disingenuous on the part of the Democrats and makes it appear as more of political bluster than anything else.  

I guess we will see if there is enough there in the coming months to convince enough of the congress that it is an impeachable offense.  Then I wonder if they will vote on an official inquiry so that the minority reps have the ability to also call witness' or go straight to a impeachment vote.  

One would drag it out further and closer to the election the other will probably either fail or be bi-partisan.

@SkepticalOne

@CYDdharta

How some entities, express the News:

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/us/politics/coup-trump.amp.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=#aoh=15700580481934&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/us/politics/coup-trump.html

"False ‘Coup’ Claims by Trump Echo as Unifying Theme Against Impeachment"

"President Trump and his supporters now have at least one unifying, if inaccurate, message against the impeachment inquiry. It is, they say, an unconstitutional coup.

Mr. Trump posted that conspiratorial message on Twitter on Tuesday night, saying, “As I learn more and more each day, I am coming to the conclusion that what is taking place is not an impeachment, it is a COUP, intended to take away the Power of the People.” Early Wednesday, the president tweeted out a ready-for-TV video made by his re-election campaign, repeating the “coup” claim against a backdrop of grainy shots of House Democrats and Joseph R. Biden Jr.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Trump campaign announced that it would be rotating the ad into an existing $8 million campaign, for broadcast on national cable outlets and on digital platforms.

His use of the phrase follows repeated assertions on conservative media, including by high-profile right-wing personalities and outlets such as Tucker Carlson, Breitbart, Rush Limbaugh and “Fox & Friends.” Beginning with Sean Hannity at 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, talk of a “coup” was discussed nearly every hour on Fox News, by hosts and surrogates. Often, the president’s tweet was shown onscreen and read verbatim.

ADVERTISEMENT

The definition of a coup d’état is the sudden illegal overthrowing of a government by a small group. An impeachment is a legal, constitutional process by which Congress accuses high officers of the federal government of misconduct.

“To call an impeachment process an attempted coup is dangerous because it aligns with those who believe in ‘deep state’ conspiracies,” said Joan Donovan, director of the Technology and Social Change Research Project at Harvard. “Across different platforms, these deep state conspiracy theories are functioning as disinformation that bring the country into further turmoil about the legitimacy of the presidency.”

This episode underscores the way that disinformation now proliferates via fast-moving partisan cable news and energetic social media communities. Mr. Trump’s tweets are part of his familiar playbook: He escalates accusations born in right-wing media, portraying himself as the victim of an unsubstantiated scheme. His followers often jump in and amplify the messages online, which are then picked right back up on conservative shows and news outlets.

Often, the accusations deflect attention from further inquiries. Much of the discussion on cable news on Wednesday morning was about his “coup” tweet and less about developments in the impeachment inquiry.

ADVERTISEMENT

“This isn’t just about the internet and the effect of toxic social media communities,” said Jennifer Grygiel, a professor at Syracuse University who studies social media. “It’s a sign that the president is ramping up his propaganda efforts, and that it has entered a new phase.”

After a clear conspiratorial narrative about the attempted “coup” was established and promoted by mainstream conservative outlets, the work of online amplification began. One of its driving voices, Tom Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch, the conservative group that recently sued the Justice Department for records on Mr. Biden and Ukraine, has participated heavily in hyperpartisan social media communities to further amplify the claim.

For instance, on r/The_Donald, a quarantined community of the online bulletin board Reddit, supporters of the president often trade in disinformation and coordinate the spread of pro-administration conspiracy theories across different platforms. There, Mr. Fitton has posted 79 times since the beginning of September, rallying members by encouraging them to tune into Mr. Hannity’s show to learn about the coup conspiracy, and generally pushing the theory as a hot-button issue.

Mr. Fitton said in an interview that President Trump had faced constant lawless and constitutional harassment by Congress. He added that the quarantine of r/The_Donald — which warns readers about the forum’s content — was “convenient” and that Twitter was a “more impactful” medium these days.

The coup conspiracy stretches “across platforms as the president’s followers are on social media such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube,” Professor Grygiel said. “But it is important to remember that he is the one in power. He uses feedback from these platforms and communities to his advantage.”

Indeed, Mr. Trump’s claims of a coup date back as early as the beginning of this year, even arguing that the investigation led by Robert S. Mueller III into Russia’s election interference was an “attempted coup.” Mr. Trump has referred to coups seven times on Twitter during his presidency, all in 2019, and many times the claims were cut from segments on right-wing cable news.

The claims grew in the last week. Talk of a “coup” became common among guests on Fox News, including on programs as varied as daytime talk shows like “Outnumbered” and “The Five,” and more widely watched prime-time shows like “The Ingraham Angle.”

“It’s no accident,” said Doug Heye, a former spokesman for the Republican National Committee. “I’ve been hearing this word being used for well over a year now and in part because it’s really seeped through on conservative media.”

ADVERTISEMENT

An hour after Mr. Trump tweeted the “coup” conspiracy on Tuesday, Senator Kamala Harris, the California Democrat running for president, weighed in. She sent a tweet to Jack Dorsey, the chief executive of Twitter, saying it was “time to do something” about Mr. Trump’s being allowed to use the platform to essentially spread and magnify the flawed claim.

Ms. Harris also wrote an open letter on her campaign letterhead to Mr. Dorsey, calling on Mr. Trump to be barred for tweets that could incite violence.

Twitter said it had received Ms. Harris’s letter and that the company intended to respond. In June, Twitter announced that it would soon start placing notices on top of certain “newsworthy” tweets — say, from a world leader like Mr. Trump — that the tweets violated the company’s rules about abusive behavior but that Twitter also determined it was in the public’s interest for the content to remain online.

But so far, Twitter said, it has not yet applied the new policy.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @SkepticalOne

@CYDdharta

From thee New York Times today:

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/us/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry.amp.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=#aoh=15700582835364&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/us/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry.html

Updated 14 minutes ago

"Trump Impeachment Inquiry: Latest Updates"

"President Trump attacked two House leaders after they threatened to subpoena the White House, and Mike Pompeo, the secretary of state, confirmed he listened in on the call with Ukraine’s president.

The House threatened to subpoena the White House if it did not comply by Friday with requests for documents tied to the Ukraine matter.

video
    Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Representative Adam B. Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, held a news conference about the progress of their impeachment inquiry of President Trump.IMAGE BY ERIN SCHAFF/THE NEW YORK TIMES

Representative Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland, the chairman of the Oversight and Reform Committee, notified his committee of the impending subpoena on Wednesday. He said the White House had thus far ignored Congress’s voluntary requests for materials related to President Trump’s efforts to pressure Ukraine into investigating Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son and any attempt by the administration to conceal his actions.

“I do not take this step lightly,” Mr. Cummings wrote. “Over the past several weeks, the committees tried several times to obtain voluntary compliance with our requests for documents, but the White House has refused to engage with — or even respond to — the committees.”

The subpoena threat came as lawmakers expected to hear a mysterious bit of new information abruptly offered up by the State Department’s independent watchdog."

— Nicholas Fandos 

• all4actt said:

1. I ask what crime was committed?

2. Does anyone even know whether or not Pelosi even called a vote in the house about having an official impeachment inquiry?  

1.If we go by Alexander Hamilton's view, a crime is not necessary for impeachment - only an abuse which violates a public trust. Enlisting a foreign power for personal political gain qualifies. Not to mention, a finding of quid pro quo under these circumstances might be considered bribery.

2. A vote is not necessary to launch an *official* impeachment inquiry (the Constitution doesn't prescribe it) and it would not be the first time an impeachment inquiry was launched without a vote: Andrew Johnson 1868.

1.If we go by Alexander Hamilton's view, a crime is not necessary for impeachment - only an abuse which violates a public trust. Enlisting a foreign power for personal political gain qualifies.

So what you're saying is that Biden should be impeached, as he's the only one left who enlisted a foreign power for personal political gain.

Not to mention, a finding of quid pro quo under these circumstances might be considered bribery.

There was NO quid pro quo.

2. A vote is not necessary to launch an *official* impeachment inquiry (the Constitution doesn't prescribe it) and it would not be the first time an impeachment inquiry was launched without a vote: Andrew Johnson 1868.

There is no impeachment without a vote.  It's just a Kabuki dance.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @SkepticalOne

It's enrichingly educational, to watch how the New York Times, is participating in the news:

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/us/politics/trump-impeachment-defense.amp.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=#aoh=15700712507776&csi=1&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/us/politics/trump-impeachment-defense.html

"Impeachment War Room? Trump Does It All Himself, and That Worries Republicans"

"President Trump has long believed that he is the best communicator in the White House.CreditDoug Mills/The New York Times"
    • Oct. 2, 2019Updated 8:43 p.m. ET

"WASHINGTON — President Trump was watching television in the White House on Wednesday morning when cable news channels started airing Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Representative Adam B. Schiff, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, warning at a news conference that any attempts by the president to stonewall their impeachment investigation would be viewed as obstruction.

Mr. Trump did not wait for Ms. Pelosi and Mr. Schiff to finish before responding. First he attacked Ms. Pelosi on Twitter, saying she was neglecting the work of Congress “and trying to win an election through impeachment.” Then he tweeted again, sharing a campaign video that accused Democrats of trying to undo the results of the 2016 election.

He continued those attacks later in the afternoon, both before and after a meeting with Sauli Niinisto, the president of Finland, and became increasingly angry as he went on.

Mr. Trump has long believed that he is the best communicator in the White House, but as the presidential campaign picks up its pace and the prospect of his impeachment becomes more real, he seems to be its only empowered communicator, a one-man war room responding to developments almost hour by hour. And that is making many Republicans anxious."

For now, the White House has no organized response to impeachment, little guidance for surrogates to spread a consistent message even if it had developed one, and minimal coordination between the president’s legal advisers and his political ones. And West Wing aides are divided on everything from who is in charge to whether, after two years of the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, impeachment even poses a serious political threat to the president.

“This is a very different animal than the Mueller investigation,” said Josh Holmes, a former top aide to Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader. “It’s a political question, not a legal one. They need to persuade Republicans in the House and the Senate of a bunch of really good arguments to have the partywide insulation the president is going to prefer going into this fight.”

And the White House has a narrow runway to adjust and tighten its response, with just over a week until the congressional recess ends. At that point, Republicans will return from their home districts and face questions about Mr. Trump’s tweets and condemnation of the whistle-blower — questions they might have difficulty answering.

“At this point, the president can hold his own,” Mr. Holmes added. “But I think they should be concerned with how Republicans handle it when they get back and for that, it probably does take a little bit of structure.”

ADVERTISEMENT

For weeks, the most visible defender of the president has been Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer, who is himself a central figure in the allegations that Mr. Trump pressured the Ukrainian government to find dirt on Democrats, leading several of the president’s advisers to warn that Mr. Giuliani’s freelance television appearances do him more harm than good.

But Mr. Trump has told them that he is pleased with the performances, and spent part of Saturday giving Mr. Giuliani talking points for the Sunday show circuit.

Others have urged the president to tone down his language, including his repeated use of the word “treason.” But Mr. Trump, who has frequently abandoned norms and paid little in terms of personal political consequences for doing so, has not changed his behavior. That has led some advisers, like Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, to settle into a hands-off approach. Mr. Mulvaney told associates he spent part of Sunday on a golf course outside Washington.

What’s left is Mr. Trump acting alone, and poised to live-tweet his own impeachment, complete with all-caps obscenities, alarming accusations of treason and warnings that impeachment is really a “coup.”

"During his public appearances with Mr. Niinisto on Wednesday, Mr. Trump seemed as riled up as he has at any point in his presidency, railing against his opponents, mangling the facts to fit his preferred narrative and making allegations without evidence. Flush with anger and gesturing sharply, he spent most of his time on offense attacking his critics using words like “lowlife,” “dishonest,” “corrupt,” “shifty” and “fraud.”

Behind the scenes, Mr. Trump has seesawed from projecting confidence that there is a political benefit from the impeachment fight to lashing out at aides, blaming them for the fact that he is entangled by it in the first place.

ImageSome Trump aides would like to see the return of Emmet T Flood the White House lawyer who oversaw the administrations response to the special counsels investigation
    Some Trump aides would like to see the return of Emmet T. Flood, the White House lawyer who oversaw the administration’s response to the special counsel’s investigation.CreditMark Wilson/Getty Images"

"In an email, the White House press secretary, Stephanie Grisham, rejected questions about the West Wing’s approach to the impeachment inquiry."

“We have stated this several times,” she said. “There has not been any effort to put together a war room. The president did nothing wrong and we are still working over here.”

The confusion in the White House is leaving conservatives who want to help support Mr. Trump without a clear road map for how to do so. At a meeting on Wednesday morning with conservatives and Capitol Hill aides, White House officials were still taking the temperature on the potential political fallout of impeachment, rather than offering any instructions about their path going forward.

Paul Teller, an aide in the White House Office of Legislative Affairs, quizzed the group about whether it thought a long or short impeachment process would play better with the president’s base. Mr. Teller also told the group that he believed Mr. Trump would want to see Mr. McConnell bring impeachment to a vote on the Senate floor, where Mr. Trump would be acquitted, rather than move to simply dismiss the charges.

Stephen Miller, Mr. Trump’s main domestic policy adviser, also briefly attended the meeting, but observed more than he spoke, according to a person familiar with what took place.

In the West Wing, aides who have seen Mr. Trump survive potentially debilitating scandals like the release of the “Access Hollywood” tape a month before the 2016 election, and the appointment of a special counsel with wide-ranging powers to investigate him, are shrugging off impeachment as just another bump in the road.

Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and a senior White House adviser, is not pushing for the creation of any sort of official “war room,” and has told colleagues he is comfortable with the current structure supporting the president — one that also gives him freewheeling power.

Kellyanne Conway, the White House counselor and one of Mr. Trump’s longest-serving aides, has told reporters that Trump supporters will not leave him because of impeachment. She joins a group that includes Jay Sekulow, one of the president’s personal lawyers, and other aides and allies, who believe that anything resembling a White House “war room” is needless and would make them look as if they were under siege.

“We won the Mueller probe,” Mr. Sekulow said on his afternoon radio show on Monday. “I tell you what. If Mueller was a war, this is a skirmish.”

But on Wednesday night, one White House official was anticipating changes with some staff members focused on the inquiry.

Other aides privately conceded that they did not know how the politics of the impeachment process would play out, and would like to see the White House Counsel’s Office bring back someone like Emmet T. Flood, the White House lawyer who oversaw the administration’s response to the special counsel’s investigation and worked on President Bill Clinton’s legal team during his impeachment.

Mr. Flood left the administration in June.

Some are also starting to notice small public cracks in Republican support.

“Starting to encounter Republicans who wonder if maybe the President should step aside for Pence,” Erick Erickson, the conservative blogger and radio host, wrote on Twitter on Tuesday. “They’re absolutely in the minority on the GOP side, but there does seem to be a fatigue setting in — tired of always fighting and always having to defend.”

While Mr. Trump has been focused in recent days on defending himself, his advisers have continued the assault on Joseph R. Biden, Jr., the former vice president and current presidential candidate, hoping it will cut through the impeachment noise. Mr. Kushner, who has been overseeing campaign messaging on impeachment, also personally signed off on a new round of campaign ads attacking Mr. Biden and his son Hunter Biden.

Mr. Trump insisted on Wednesday that he was not trying to damage Mr. Biden in order to knock him out of the race — even while he attacked him.

“I’d rather run against Biden than almost any of those candidates,” he told reporters. “And I think they’re all weak, but I think Biden has never been a smart guy and he’s less smart now than he ever was.” 

It's embarrassing to basic journalism, when a news media outlet, or outlets, can apparently choose sides? 

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5969 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

First, I am not aware of any stature in the Constitution classifying any of this as an offence.

Second, I do not even see anything morally reprehensible in this; we are a part of the international community, and it would be silly to shut ourselves in and never appeal to any foreign governments, or never go after one's political opponents.

Finally, as far as I know, every single US president has done these things, to various extent. If Trump is to be impeached on these grounds, then every single president should have. Yet it has not happened, and we have been fine so far, so apparently not impeaching a president over this is not the end of the world.

Trump is a despicable president, but those going after him are so much more despicable, that I almost hope that he wins in 2020 again. He seems like a much lesser evil, than those who want to impeach him. It is sad that it came down to this, but people have only themselves to blame for letting their emotions override the common sense.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

Who are you referring to?

"It is sad that it came down to this, but people have only themselves to blame for letting their emotions override the common sense."
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    2019 is the year, where the Mueller Report, failed to do, what it was created to do.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mueller_Report

2019 is the year, where the Impeachment of the President will fail to do, what the Liberals hope it will accomplish, (Impeach the President.)

2019 is the year, where some of the Liberal news media outlet providers, are pushing their Opinion Journalism, through their own Print and the Publishing of their own biased Liberal rhetoric, thus authoring themselves into a Public viewer corner, hoping to persuade, coax, or influence any reader, to be indoctrinated by their individual, bias news presentations.

The Liberal talking heads, through their Mueller Report talk, and their Impeachment talk, are educating the overall Public, with a priceless Education, in how they choose to educate the Public, through their Liberal preaching practices.

With each passing day, the Liberals are filling the very Archives of American History, through their own actions, by their very own word's.

Word by word, sentence after sentence, paragraph after paragraph.

The Religiosity of their Liberal preaching, is painfully obvious.

And the only individuals that they are hurting, are they themselves.

And no, those specific Liberals, don't know what they're doing.

Because what they are doing, benefits only themselves, and their constituent, fanbase followers.

From the Atlantic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/

"The Mad King’s Enablers

As Trump’s demands grow ever more erratic, democracy rests on the willingness of bureaucrats to ignore the democratically elected chief executive."

2:00 PM ET
    KEVIN LAMARQUE / REUTERS

This morning, President Donald Trump committed an impeachable offense on camera.

"Responding to questioning from reporters about his effort to pressure President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine to launch an investigation into one of his Democratic rivals, former Vice President Joe Biden, Trump reiterated his demand that Ukraine “start a major investigation into the Bidens,” before suggesting that “China should start an investigation into the Bidens” as well.

Ukraine is dependent on the United States for military aid; China is in the midst of a trade war with the U.S. instigated by Trump. Both countries now know that they can influence United States policy by pursuing the president’s personal, political interests. A president using his authority to form an alliance with foreign powers, at the expense of the national interest, is such a straightforwardly impeachable offense that the Framers themselves designed the impeachment clause for the express purpose of removing a chief executive who uses his powers in this way.

Republicans have attempted to shift the conversation away from Trump’s acts, to focus instead on questions about the process used by the whistle-blower who exposed Trump’s attempt to extort Ukraine. But not only did Schiff and the whistle-blower follow the rules; both the redacted complaint released by the White House and the summary of the call itself substantiate the allegations at the center of the Democrats’ impeachment inquiry. And even if they didn’t, the president himself just repeated the impeachable offense on camera, making an explicit demand that two countries criminalize his political rival.

It was not even the first time this week that Trump demanded a political rival be investigated. For the past few days, Trump has demanded that House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff be “questioned at the highest level for Fraud & Treason” for a mocking paraphrase of Trump’s call with Zelensky using mafia-like language."

"The accusation of treason is absurd. The Constitution specifically protects the remarks of legislators on the House floor, secures freedom of speech, and defines treason in extremely narrow terms, limiting it to “levying war” against the U.S. or aiding its enemies. But Trump makes no distinction between loyalty to him as a person and loyalty to the United States, and so takes criticism as treason.

Yet despite the president’s bluster, nothing happened. The Justice Department did not arrest and imprison Schiff, arraigning him on charges of treason. And that reality speaks to both the absurdity and danger of this moment, in which American democracy relies on the willingness of executive-branch subordinates to ignore the ravings of the Mad King. This extends into the realm of policy, where Trump’s own officials have struggled to contain his lust for cruelty, refusing requests to gun down migrants or install a moat with alligators at the border.

Elected Republicans know that Trump is unfit for office. The president’s own subordinates know that Trump is unfit for office. They know this, because when the president issues ridiculous orders, such as the demand that a leader of the opposition party be arrested, they ignore his demands. A nation in which the opposition cannot criticize the head of state without facing criminal sanction is not a democracy, but it is the kind of country over which Donald Trump would like to preside. The result is that American democracy rests on the willingness of bureaucrats to ignore the commands of their democratically elected chief executive.

Unable to defend the substance of the president’s extortion attempt, Republicans have turned to complaining about the process. But Thursday’s performance on the White House lawn renders those baseless complaints moot—the president just did publicly what the Democrats have accused him of doing privately. The only argument against removing Trump from office is that Trump’s raving is just Trump being Trump, and is not to be taken seriously. But the fact that the president’s madness must be ignored from time to time for America to continue to function as a democracy is an argument for, not against, his removal.

Although congressional Democrats and Republicans are divided on impeachment, there is vanishingly little disagreement on whether or not Trump abuses his authority or is fit to be president. The distinction is that, for the moment, Republicans appear not to care."

"ADAM SERWER is a staff writer at The Atlantic, where he covers politics. "
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    Impeachment shouldn't be a partisan matter or a popularity contest.

If Trump did something illegal he should face the consequences.

Now at this point it's clear Trump has broken the law. It is illegal to solicit foreign nationals for anything of value in relation to elections. Not only does the whistleblower's account state Trump soliciting an investigation of immense value to the 2020 elections from the Ukrainian president (an investigation designed to damage his main political rival) - but Trump has then done the same thing on live national television!
    CYDdhartaSkepticalOne
    Ampersand said:
    Impeachment shouldn't be a partisan matter or a popularity contest.

If Trump did something illegal he should face the consequences.

Now at this point it's clear Trump has broken the law. It is illegal to solicit foreign nationals for anything of value in relation to elections. Not only does the whistleblower's account state Trump soliciting an investigation of immense value to the 2020 elections from the Ukrainian president (an investigation designed to damage his main political rival) - but Trump has then done the same thing on live national television!

Your position is beyond ridiculous.  Anything a president does can be claimed to sway some amount of voters. Cutting taxes, confronting corruption (as is the case here), reducing homelessness, even naming a post office or eating at McDonald's can be argued as something of value in relation to elections.  What you're saying is that a president should do absolutely nothing for at least their first term.

Pres. Trump is trying to get to the bottom of corruption and election interference in the 2016 election.  It is NOT designed to damage his main political rival, that's a lie propagated by his political opponents and those who were engaged in the 2016 corruption.  It just so happens that Pres. Trump's primary political rival was deeply involved in that corruption. This "impeachment" is a text book case of projection in an attempt to conceal election interference in the last election.

@Ampersand

Where is your legitimate evidence to support your claims?

Is your possible evidence, maybe from the The New York Times, the Atlantic, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, or NPR maybe?

"Now at this point it's clear Trump has broken the law. It is illegal to solicit foreign nationals for anything of value in relation to elections."

Right now Joe Biden himself, is slowly having the Court of Public opinion microscope, being positioned, placed over his son, and himself, because of the actions, in regards to his son, and himself, prior to the 2016 Election cycle?

Bidens son apparently getting thousands upon thousands of dollars?

I'm beginning to wonder if Biden's PR people, are trying to figure out, from behind the scenes, in how to manage his sons apparent actions, while Biden is trying to be able to run to become the next probable President?

@Ampersand

The "Whistleblower," has been reported to be a Registered Democratic, who didn't hear the telephone call at all, basically making this Whistleblowers information, 2nd, or 3rd party information?

In a non Political Court of Law, this Whistleblowers information, would be inadmissible.

But because this about Politics, and about verbally browbeating, the current POTUS, with the Impeachment word, instead of failing to beat him at the Voter's Ballot Box, like Hillary Clinton, failed to do during the 2016 Election cycle.

Hillary Clinton lost that Election because of her own actions.

And from as far, as I can tell, Pelosi, Schumer, Green, Nadler, Biden, Schiff, AOC, and Hillary Clinton herself, will not shoulder, herself with her own blame, because she apparently was of the impression, that the Presidency was owed to her?

Ask Bernie Sanders, how he feels, or felt about Hillary Clinton's actions, during the 2016 Election cycle?

"Not only does the whistleblower's account state Trump soliciting an investigation of immense value to the 2020 elections from the Ukrainian president (an investigation designed to damage his main political rival) - but Trump has then done the same thing on live national television!"

Hillary Clinton's actions, speak for themselves.

The Liberal parties actions, currently speak for themselves as well.

And there isn't a blockbuster Movie playing right now, in the United States, that can keep up with the "entertainment value," of the Liberal parties actions, via their "Impeachment talk," and going after Trump at the same time, because of the 24/7 news media outlet coverages.

There's not enough popcorn, to go around, to outlast,  this Liberal Charade show.
    CYDdharta said:
    Your position is beyond ridiculous.  Anything a president does can be claimed to sway some amount of voters. Cutting taxes, confronting corruption (as is the case here), reducing homelessness, even naming a post office or eating at McDonald's can be argued as something of value in relation to elections.  What you're saying is that a president should do absolutely nothing for at least their first term.

Pres. Trump is trying to get to the bottom of corruption and election interference in the 2016 election.  It is NOT designed to damage his main political rival, that's a lie propagated by his political opponents and those who were engaged in the 2016 corruption.  It just so happens that Pres. Trump's primary political rival was deeply involved in that corruption. This "impeachment" is a text book case of projection in an attempt to conceal election interference in the last election.

The President of the Ukraine is not a voter in the US presidential elections. Comparing the head of a foreign power to a US citizen exercising their democratic rights is absurd.

The rest of your post is absurd conspiracy theories and the exact opposite of reality, where Trump tried to obstruct the US government's investigation into 2016 government corruption because it was his own corruption. Also the idea that Trump has a general desire to fight corruption and out of all the potential cases of corruption in the world he just happened to home in on the one that involved his political rival despite the absolute lack of evidence to support it is again absurd.
    @TKDB

Which claims to you want evidence for?

My statement that "Impeachment shouldn't be a partisan matter or a popularity contest" is a moral position, but one I don't think most people would argue with. All people stand equal before the law.

It being illegal to solicit foreign support in elections is US law: It being illegal to solicit foreign nationals for anything of value in relation to elections

Trump publicly asking for other nations to involve themselves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLdqhpsrbUE

Nothing you say, either the irrelevant information or the false, contradicts what I've said.
    SkepticalOne
    Ampersand said:

The President of the Ukraine is not a voter in the US presidential elections. Comparing the head of a foreign power to a US citizen exercising their democratic rights is absurd.
    Good thing I didn't make such a claim.

The rest of you post is nothing but left-wing talking points that bear no resemblance to reality.

Pres. Trump is trying to get to the bottom of election interference during the 2016 election, plain and simple.  That's what the left claimed they wanted.  That's what Mueller was supposed to have been doing.
    @Ampersand

"My statement that "Impeachment shouldn't be a partisan matter or a popularity contest" is a moral position, but one I don't think most people would argue with. All people stand equal before the law."

No, they don't.

Did President Obama, have the immorality of some of the Liberal talking heads going after him, like they have hounded Trump for nearly 3 years now?

Or the some of the unfair, and unequal immoral Liberal news media outlets hounding Obama, like they are, currently with Trump?

No, and No, on both of those Immorality questions.

From what I saw, via the countless news hours dedicated Liberally to Obama, he was given, an apparent silent pass, by some of the Liberal news media outlets, and by some of the Liberals themselves.

Because when Obama was President, you had to look outside if the Liberal praise Bubble, to get educated from both sides of the political aisles. 

I don't dance around morality arguments, when it comes to making an argument.

Look at how then President Bush was treated, during his 8 years in Office?

Was the treatment of President by both the Liberals, and some of the Liberal media, moral, or immoral?

Again, from how I was educated by the actions of some of the Liberals, and some of the Liberal news media outlets, via their individual word choices, their public conduct, speaks for themselves.

As to the OP, I believe Pelosi knew impeachment was a bad idea, but her tenure as Speaker was likely threatened by the deluded radicals in her party.  It appears they are already paying the price.

By now it's clear that the Democrats have made one of the first great political blunders of the 21st century by trying to impeach the president of the United States based on a half-understood rumor.

If the groundswell of small-dollar donations flowing into the Trump campaign's coffers offers any indication, the Democrats are going to pay a terrible price for indulging the demands of their radical base. The Republican National Committee and the Trump campaign raked in a $13 million haul within 36 hours of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s embarrassingly vague announcement of a “formal impeachment inquiry.”

That’s significantly more than most of the Democrat presidential candidates are able to raise in a whole quarter. It’s more than Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke raised in two whole quarters, which many liberals hailed as potentially game-changing at the time.

The sudden flood of donations to President Trump’s reelection effort provides undeniable evidence that this impeachment gambit represents a massive miscalculation.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/10/03/trump_fundraising_haul_shows_impeachment_backfiring_on_dems_141397.html