frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should fornication,adultery and abortion be banned?

Debate Information

As the title stated,do you believe that any one of those,none,or all of them should be banned,and give reasons why please.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MattGouldMattGould 52 Pts   -  
    @MartinGocic Personally, I don't give really care about adultery or fornication. Peoples sex lives are there business. Now as far as abortion goes, that for me is a completely different matter for myself. Personally, as a high functioning autistic male, I am opposed to abortion in certain cases. I think abortion should be in allowed in cases of rape/sexual assault/abuse or if the medical professionals that are caring for a woman think the birth of the child will kill the mother. I think that is reasonable and I have no problem with that. However, given the history of the abortion argument, or more specifically that abortion became an issue in the early 20th through the eugenics movement that was championed by the "progressives" at the time, and that people with mental disabilities were specifically targeted in this movement, I am opposed to any legislation saying that anyone can get an abortion just because they want one. It is morally wrong and evil, in my view to essentially kill an innocent fetus/child simply because you were not careful enough to have safe sex and now you want to escape the responsibility by killing an innocent human being. Also, again given the history of the abortion argument, I have deep issues with it and the possibility that people will be able to figure out or predict if someone will have a disability and then decide that they are going to get abortion simply because of their perception of "mercy". It is wrong and inexcusable
    "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking...is freedom."-Dwight D. Eisenhower

"It is not strange...to mistake change for progress."-Millard Fillmore

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities."-Ayn Rand

"To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable."-Barry Goldwater

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    You ban fornication and I'm outa here! 

Well, I would have been a couple of years ago …. my sex life isn't dead, but, the Buzzards are circling. 
    Adultery? I'm sure the President would frown on its demise. :blush: 
    Abortion? It's the law. Everyone has rights in this country … including women. Remember: If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    Plaffelvohfen
  • LogicVaultLogicVault 123 Pts   -  
    @MartinGocic, no. And I don't need to give any reasons because it's an opinion. Opinions don't have to be justified.
    PlaffelvohfenAlofRIanarchist100