frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Shepard Smith resigns from Fox News.

Debate Information

"This Is Why Shepard Smith Ended His Career With Fox News"

https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.forbes.com/sites/terinaallen/2019/10/12/this-is-why-shepard-smith-ended-his-career-with-fox-news/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=#aoh=15708917209431&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.forbes.com/sites/terinaallen/2019/10/12/this-is-why-shepard-smith-ended-his-career-with-fox-news/

"He felt some pressure to compromise his integrity or was facing an ethical dilemma.When you value professional standards and your reputation, you do what you must to protect your integrity. You do what you must to guard against diminishing the respect you have for yourself and the respect others have for you. Money, titles, accomplishments and perceived success won’t outweigh or outlast integrity and ethical gaps.As Shepard Smith signed off from his last show, he proclaimed that “facts will win the day.” We can reasonably surmise that Smith felt some sort of pressure to compromise his integrity going forward in order to remain in the good graces of network executives. His resignation shows that he didn’t want to do the balancing act any longer.He couldn’t take it anymore and had done all the good he could do in his role.CNN’s Brian Stelter reported that Smith “couldn’t take it anymore” and “had been marginalized” by Fox News. Based on the wide-ranging news coverage this departure garnered, it is clear that Smith’s departure is expected to leave a large void for Fox News. Journalists and anchors throughout media share that Smith fought a good fight and made a real difference as a journalist, news anchor, leader and truth teller."
"Whatever the exact reason(s) for his departure, it is safe to conclude that Smith initiated his own departure rather than being forced out, and he decided that the cost to stay with Fox News was higher than the cost to leave. He decided that now would be the right time to close one chapter and start a new one."

My guess is that after his respite, he'll show up on CNN, MSNBC, or NPR?Because they are the primary Liberal news media outlets, that are apparently fond, on educating the Public, through the lens of the Liberal mindset?Because some of the news media outlets, are apparently fond, of presenting Opinion, over fair, and equal, and impartial News reporting, when presenting the news to the overall Public?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• all4acttall4actt 305 Pts   -  
    Are you serious when you site CNN, NBC and MSNBC as being fair, balanced reporting?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @all4actt

No, just the opposite.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    Honestly, if you want to report with integrity, you should never go work in large media networks. I have nothing against corporations in general, but corporations involved in crony governmental schemes - and major media companies are always the primary suspects here, as they virtually determine who gets or does not get into the government in the first place - are very likely to have strong biases and discourage dissent.

You either should go down the independent reporting route, or find small, but respectable, organisations that have peer-reviewing process based on the quality of content, as opposed to its political implications.

Networks like Fox News, CNN, etc. are going to have strong biases, and they are rich enough to afford to disperse of the reporters who do not get in line and survive the social backlash.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    Or Shepard Smith could migrate to NBC, and maybe, work along side, with Chuck Todd, the Liberal news anchor of Meet The Press?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

The news media outlet coverages, whether they are locally or Nationally oriented, should overall, be basic journalism oriented.

IE, the who, what, when, where, why, and how any news making situation, came into being.

And educating the Public, from a fair, equal, neutral, and impartial stance.

And Opinion Journalism, is in opposition to what basic journalism is.

When a newspaper endorses a Political individual, they have compromised their abilities, to present any news from their organization, by picking any political individual, over another, by publicly choosing to be unfair, unequal, and partial, to the basic principles of formal journalism.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    More news media outlet information, in regards to Mr. Shepard Smith:

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/former-fox-contributor-shep-smith-resigning-shows-murdochs-made-business-decision-fox-news ;

"Former Fox contributor: Shep Smith resigning shows the Murdochs made a “business decision” for Fox News to be pro-Trump"

WRITTEN BY MEDIA MATTERS STAFF

PUBLISHED 10/13/19 12:28 PM EDT 

"BRIAN STELTER (HOST): There was also a left-wing conspiracy theory out there about Shep Smith the other day, and I want to debunk it. There was a report in The New York Times that Rupert Murdoch had a meeting with Attorney General Bill Barr. And that’s true, they did meet, but it had nothing to do with Smith resigning a day or two later. In fact, Smith had been thinking about doing this for several weeks. So I want to put that to rest. I do think it speaks volumes, though, that people wonder is someone pulling the strings? I mean, Julie, people do I think legitimately wonder about the Murdochs and their role in shaping Fox News and bringing it further to the right.

JULIE ROGINSKY (FORMER FOX NEWS CONTRIBUTOR): There's no question. I don't know how much further it could go to the right. I think there are business interests the Murdochs have that the president of the government of the United States, can benefit -- they can benefit from that. So as a result, obviously being on the side of the president, helping the president helps their business interests. I think that's a business decision that they've made. Having said that, I think there's an absence sense of leadership at Fox News. When I was there, Carl, when you were there, I think whatever you thought of the leadership, there was a very strong person at the helm who was able to rein a lot of this in. And I think today in the absence of what, what you have are people like Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity essentially running their own fiefdoms and not really allowing others to have any kind of airtime. So I have spoken to a lot of people who are not Democrats or liberals by any stretch of the imagination unless you think that liberalism -- unless you think that truth has a liberal bias. These are people who are fact-checking the president in realtime. They're seeing the airtime cut off. They're not seeing as much access to the air as they used to have. And that’s a business decision I think the Murdochs are making. And I think it's unfortunate because the Fox News audience is not served well by having uncritical views of what the president is saying. There's no dispute about the fact that the president doesn't always say the truth -- and unless somebody says that on Fox’s air, there’s no way the audience would ever know that. And that’s really unfortunate."