frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

heaven bound

Debate Information

assuming for the sake of the debate that heaven is real, then what will we do there?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -  
    People in heaven will do things that will make them feel pleasant. That is just my opinion. I don't really have any idea about heaven because I read neither Bible nor Quran.
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    that really doesn't answer but thanks anyway.  most thing that people do that are considered pleasant is also considered a sin.@대왕광개토
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Matthew 19:28 - "And Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."
    Revelation 20:4 -"Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years."
    Revelation 20:6 - "Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years."
    Revelation 22:5 - "And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever."

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    Does not answer post. What kind of (for lack of a better word) life will those in heaven have. What will they do?@Sand
  • 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -  
    @maxx People in heaven will throw parties every moment( I didn't use the word 'everyday' because there is no sense of time in heaven). They will dance with angels and Jesus will be the DJ.
    maxxAlofRIZeusAres42Sandseanyville
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    @maxx ;

I think we'll have to be VERY patient. It may take a hundred years, maybe even a few billion, but, I think, eventually this planet will explode in another "Big Bang" and we'll finally get to heaven ….. as stardust.
    seanyville
    @대왕광개토 ;

Masturbation used to feel pleasant when I was younger. If heaven is for eternity, do you think there'll be an epidemic of carpal tunnel??
    seanyvillemaxxPlaffelvohfen
  • 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI Are you talking about carpal tunnel syndrome that causes pain, numbness, and tingling? I can't understand how there would be an epidemic of carpal tunnel syndrome in heaven. Did you mean to say that such kind of condition could last forever in heaven since there is no sense of time? 
    @대왕광개토 ;

I was trying to make a bad joke, apparently you didn't see the humor. That's okay.

To ME, the thoughts of a heaven (or hell), is a joke. The thoughts of getting to paradise with an act that will land you 72 virgins (FOR as long as THEY will last ;-) … is an even more laughable joke. Then we have the promises of Odin and utopia and other ridiculous (IMO) places to spend eternity. It was almost an eternity 'til I was born. I don't remember any of it. I don't expect to remember any of the later half, either.
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

It is my understanding they will be the Ruling administration over the earth.

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    makes no sense sand. who will they rule over when everyone else has been cast into hell?@Sand
    AlofRI
  • seanyvilleseanyville 2 Pts   -  
    1. One day in heaven is 1,000 years on earth
    2. There was no big bang, cause where did your atoms that exploded come from?
    3. we will glorify the one and only God for ever.
    4. good works won't save you.
    any questions??
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    oh i saw the humor; do not doubt that.
    @AlofRI
  • seanyvilleseanyville 2 Pts   -  
    AlofRI, 
    Hell is a real place, and you might go there if it proves you wrong. I am not, however, condemning you. not my job.

what do you believe about life after death?
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Hell is the holding place for the dead.
    There are two resurrections.
    The greater resurrection is for the earth.
    The people in heaven will rule over the people on the earth.
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    if I am not mistaken, after new Jerusalem (heaven) appears and according to revalations, the only ones that are left are those in heaven and those in hell; there is no one left upon earth to rule over.  
    @Sand
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    what does that have to do with my question?
    @seanyville
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    you are a lousy debater; that did not even come close to answering my question. perhaps you should learn to not go off into a tangent when answering.  re-read my post and answer it a it is asked.@seanyville
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Here are the cliff notes.
    The earth was design for man.
    The heavens was design for angels.
    The first resurrection will resurrect the administration to heaven, that is the symbolic New Jerusalem.
    This is only the case because half the challenge will be answered.

Satan had a two part challenge.
    #1 Man can rule without God's influence.
    #2 Men only serve God for selfish reasons (fear of being destroyed, because they receive blessings from God, etc.).

The first challenge man has tried the different types of government man has implemented and it has failed to bring about world solutions.
    That is why God's administration will be set up in heaven, it will remove all earthly administrations and those who support them.

The second (greater) resurrection will resurrect the people in hell to citizens on earth, emptying hell.
    This allows everyone to the chance to determine if they want to serve God.
    God will then speak directly to mankind explaining any and all questions we have.
    This will be without the influence of Satan who will be in the abyss.
    The people in heaven are to make laws for the people on earth.
    Since they understand what it is like to be human.
    Some people call this Judgement day (1000 years, day to God).

Death and hell is destroyed.
    Then Satan is released to see if he can influence man to take up the former courses that were against God.
    Or break the new administration laws.
    Those who do will be thrown in the second death (death without resurrection).
    Then Satan is thrown in the second death.
    Then the new scrolls are opened.
    Explaining God's ultimate purpose for man.
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    The question is what will humans do in heaven; as well you should provide verses for your rambling; where does it say that he’ll is destroyed @Sand
    @seanyville ;

What do I feel about life after death? It will be taken over by the living. :sleeping:
    Plaffelvohfenmaxx
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    There are a lot of scriptures.

Death and Hell is destroyed.
    Revelation 20:14 - "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

Look back at my previous scriptures:
    Revelation 20:4 -"Then I saw thrones, and they (those resurrected to heaven) sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years."
    Revelation 20:6 - "Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they (those resurrected to heaven) will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years."

Judgment for 1000 years aka Judgment day.
    Israel was the template for God's Heavenly Administration.
    Jesus is a King/High Preist, those resurrected will be co-priests/co-rulers of the civilians who will live on earth.

Psalms 37:11 - "But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."
    2 Peter 3:13 - "Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

Revelation 20:7, 8 - "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    regardless. that does not answer my debate post as to what people will do in heaven@Sand
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    This would be speculation on the scriptures.
    The scripture says they "reign for a thousand years".

Nevertheless, If you have a new world order where the whole earth is governed by a ruling administration.
    The administration would need to make laws and/or rules that would govern the decision making.
    So one person's actions will not violate another's rights.
    This is very important, as the members of such a ruling faction would be better if they could relate to the ones they were judging or ruling.

The bottom line is they will be working.
    As any ruler/priest would do.

This notion of playing harps, eating grapes, drinking milk and honey. These are fictitious concepts.

Heaven is a different realm than the physical realm.
    Everything in the spiritual realm does not have dimensions like the physical realm.
    The concepts are described in terms we can understand but are vastly different than what really is.
    There is no height width depth like the physical realm. So there may be buildings but not like how we would envision them.

We know angels do something to sustain their life, whether eat, sleep, breathe, a number of things, or something beyond our understanding.
    But those people who are resurrected to heavenly life would not need to do any of those things.

We also know that time is vastly different then the way we experience time.
    The Bible says 1000 years is like one day to them.

We also know they don't procreate. So no sex in heaven.
    Not to say they don't create. So they may have the ability to materialize objects.
    Much like a programmer makes objects.

It is possible they have technology but because the physics of the realm are so vastly different, the concepts what issues the tech is relieving is unknown.

You must keep in mind this is all speculation.
    I have scriptures the speculation is based on but they are plentiful, and difficult to decipher.
    There will be nothing to rein over; all will be in heaven or in hell! Also please show me where angels need to do something to sustain their lives@Sand
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    There are two resurrections.
    One to the earth and one to heaven.
    2 Peter 3:13 - "Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

The one to heaven is called the "first resurrection".
    Revelation 20:6 - "Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they (those resurrected to heaven) will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years."

The one to the earth is called the "better resurrection".
    Hebrews 11:35 - "Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: "

There will be people on the earth to rein over.
    Psalms 37:29 - "And the righteous ones inherit the Earth and dwell upon it for eternity."
    Isaiah 45:18 - "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else."
    Revelation 21:1 - "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."

Hell will be emptied.
    Revelation 20:13 - "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."
    Everyone in hell will be brought back to life on earth, then judged according to their works.

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    I am not sure if you are just copying and pasting however I understand about those people who are dead being brought back to life to have their works judged. Yet it also goes on to say in the next verses that those found not written in the book of life will be thrown into hell and of course those who are found in the book of life will enter heaven . That means there will be no one left on earth for humans to rule over@Sand
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Angels is a deep subject.
    This is what is called a supposition, which is based off multiple scriptures.

Difference between everlasting life and immortality.
    When someone is granted immortality they cannot die.
    When someone has everlating life they will not die, but they must continue to do the things to sustain life.
    Like eating, breathing, etc.

Angels can still be thrown in the lake of fire (second death). This proves they do not have immortality.
    Matthew 25:41 - "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    Luke 4:34 - "saying, “Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are—the Holy One of God!”"

The Bible shows the ones resurrected to heaven will have immortality (meaning the second death will not have any hold on them).
    They will not have to do things to sustain their life.

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Hell is confused with the second death.
    Hell in greek is hades, in hebrew is sheol.
    The second death names is Gehenna and lake of fire.

Those in heaven are part of the first resurrection.
    Those who are not found in the book of life go to the second death.
    Those who are in the book of life are part of the great resurrection to earth.

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    So you are basically telling me that there will be those who are found in the book of life who will not make it to heaven and will be forced to live upon earth and be servants to those who make it to heaven?@Sand
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Not servants but civilians.
    I believe it is quite the opposite.
    The people in heaven will serve the people on earth.
    Think about politics now.
    Do we serve the President?
    The goal of the Administration is to make decisions for the benefit of the people.

The people who go to heaven will be similar to Angels, and their duties.
    People who go to heaven will no longer have gender.
    Because the people who go to heaven will be immortal.
    They will not eat, sleep, or do anything to sustain life.
    Thus they will provide good governance.
    Their benefit will come through other ways that is not stated.

Whereas on earth, it will be similar as it is today, with no warring factions, no political issues, no one dying.
    Humanity will find everyone's true calling free from the pursuit of material wealth and economic necessity.
    Work will change, away from a matter of compulsion or survival, to a more meaningful elevated pursuit.
    Academic studies will grow with a more meaningful drive, with a better sense of purpose.

If the Bible were true then your interpretation of the end times makes more sense than most that I have read.. yet what of those who fail to make it to heaven and are regulated to earth? Are they immortal or do they live like us? Will they have children and will generation after generations occur and people start sinning all over again and the process begins again? In the absence of a devil, people will and can still sin. After all, rev 22-15 says that there are evil people living on the earth after all is said and done @Sand
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Those regulated to earth, will not be immortal.
    Those on earth will have everlasting life, meaning they will live forever but still have requirements to sustain life, such as breathing, sleeping, eating, etc.

Isaiah 65:16 - "so that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hidden from my eyes."
    The Hebrew could read "former issues are not brought to mind"

This is because most sins are developed because of wrongful desires, through needs or wants.
    Other sins are developed typically through psychological issues people are dealing with.
    Bad treatment during childhood, depression, etc.

Imagine a world where everyone's needs are met, food, shelter, clothing, etc.
    A relative amount of everyone's desires are met.

Psalms 145:16 - "You open your hand and keep on satisfying the desire of every living thing."

There will be little or no need to kill, steal, or lie to acquire things in the pursuit of wealth.
    Jesus' miracles were templates of what could be fixed during his rulership.
    Death and bad health can be undone. So killing will be useless. Bad mental health will be obsolete.

Revelation 21:4 - "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

That is the reason for the people in the heavenly administration. They are to make laws for the earthly civilians to live by.
    Violation of such laws will constitute the new sin.
    So you are right because there are laws, there will be someone who will violate those laws.
    The scriptures address these sinners:

Isaiah 65:20 - "No more shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not fill out his days, for the young man shall die a hundred years old, and the sinner a hundred years old shall be accursed."

If you break the new administration's laws you will have 100 years to fix your compulsion. After 100 years of continuous sinning, you will be accursed and sent to the second death.

So someone will have to have a real problem if they continuously sin for 100 years.

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    Please address rev 22: verse 15 where it says that all kinds of sinners will be living on the earth after every thing is finished @Sand
  • In order to assume something we need a basis for making that assumption in the first place. And the only bases we have to assume that heaven might exist for sake of argument is what's laid out in the religious scriptures. Therefore, it should logically follow that whatever we do in heaven will be based upon however that is described in the given religious /theological literature; that is what we will do there.

You're Welcome. :smirk:

and continue; you failed to finish as to what we will do there according to the scriptures. that did not answer my question as written. very lazy; what does the scriptures say; oh wait, you want me to l;ook it up myself?  no thanks; o prefer as of so far to listen to sand; he is far more articulate regardless of how  he comes about his ideas
    @ZeusAres42
    ZeusAres42
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2718 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    maxx said:
    and continue; you failed to finish as to what we will do there according to the scriptures. that did not answer my question as written. very lazy; what does the scriptures say; oh wait, you want me to l;ook it up myself?  no thanks; o prefer as of so far to listen to sand; he is far more articulate regardless of how  he comes about his ideas
    @ZeusAres42
    Unless you meant something else, that does answer the question you asked. Also, you're seeing patterns where none exist. In short, you asked a question about an abstract idea that can be answered however one wants although I just happened to find what I think is the most objective way of answering it. Basically, I answered just like everyone else here also answered of which you have also accused every one of them of not answering. Period. Sorry if that does not resonate with you but that is what it is.

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    To explain it I will need to step back a few verses:

Revelation 22:12-15 - "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying."

Jesus says "I am coming quickly" to reward every man according to what he has done.
    This is before Jesus comes.
    Before the first resurrection.

Jesus is talking about the end until verse 6 where he speaks about the present.
    That is why he says he is coming quickly.

• SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Just remember quickly to us and quickly to him is just a few thousand years.
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    it really does not require a lot of thought and effort to logically answer a hypothetical question. Basically my idea (other than what sand says aboiut those in heaven ruling over those who fail to make into heaven) is that we will hav lots of free time. we have no need to eat or produce anything, therefore no work. most of what we do upon earth today may be considered as a sin; so what would be left other that the arts.@ZeusAres42
  • maxx said:
    it really does not require a lot of thought and effort to logically answer a hypothetical question. Basically my idea (other than what sand says aboiut those in heaven ruling over those who fail to make into heaven) is that we will hav lots of free time. we have no need to eat or produce anything, therefore no work. most of what we do upon earth today may be considered as a sin; so what would be left other that the arts.@ZeusAres42
    Firstly, I'm feeling like the emoji I used previously might have implied some negative connotations which was unintentional; it was just a joke. Anyway, the idea of heaven is an abstract one which means it can be defined however one wants according to their own subjective sense of how they define heaven. Therefore, the answer to the question "what will we do in Heaven if it exists" can be answered however one wants according to their own subjective sense of how they see what heaven might be.

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    wwell a bit of double talk there but thanks anyway@ZeusAres42
  • maxx said:
    wwell a bit of double talk there but thanks anyway@ZeusAres42
    Care to elaborate?