frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

In this Debate

Cold Water Paddling is a Good Idea?

Debate Information

First of all, I want to clarify that I am not good at paddle boarding but have a craze of riding SUP like a pro. I was willing to get a chance of paddleboarding in August but unfortunately, I got this opportunity in winters. I don't like cold water but to learn paddleboarding, I don't want to miss this chance. First of all, I need your views about SUP for beginners. I found 10 to 11 feet SUP as a good option for newbies but I am confused between Waterwalker and ISLE. ISLE is a solid type that's why I am not preferring it a lot but it is still a good choice. Secondly, I also found this inflatable Tower SUP as a good option for beginners. However, it would be great if you share your views with me about the selection of the right SUP. I don't want to spend more than $800. You can also suggest any from here https://www.businessinsider.com/best-stand-up-paddle-board

On the other hand, I have some reservations about padding in winters. Some blogs are recommending the use of leashes and start from the swimming pool. Though I am not getting training from any club but yes, I can consider it like this. Withal, what more suggestions would you give to a beginner. It would also be great if you share your paddling experience with me. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  

Lifetime Fathom 10 Stand-Up Paddle Board

(83)
    4.2 out of 5 stars. 83 reviews
    $329.99
    Was: $399.99
    Color:
    Length: 10'
    check_circle Ship To Me
    check_circle
    Some product options available to Buy Online Pickup In Store

Select Store
    Qty

Usually ships in 4 business days.

Requires scheduled delivery. Assembly options may be available

Shipping Restrictions May Apply

This item will ship via a truckload carrier and will be delivered to your destination per the service level that you choose in checkout.  Estimated delivery dates are shown at checkout.

Product Information

Surf’s up so paddle out with the Fathom SUP by Lifetime®. Whether you’re just getting into paddle boarding or honing your skills, this board provides awesome stability and a recessed tail for tight turns and maneuvers. You’ll love the EVA foam padded deck for increased traction under your feet. The retractable fin makes this stand-up paddle board a great choice in calm waters and light surf.

FEATURES:

• Designed for novice to intermediate boarders
    • EVA foam padded deck increases traction for a better ride
    • Retractable fin for versatile paddling through different water conditions
    • Constructed with high-density polyethylene for durable, long-lasting use
    • Designed with UV protection to eliminate fading, cracking or peeling
    • Hull rails maximize control and stability
    • Recessed tail kick for sharp turns and better steering capabilities
    • Front deck bungee
    • Drain plug
    • 9” injection molded retractable fin
    • Includes attachment leash loop
    • ¼” universal accessory mount for stashing waterproof gear
    • Rigid handles plus a center carry handle for easy travel and storage
    • Manufacturer’s five-year limited warranty

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Dimensions: 10’L x 34”W
    • Board weight: 44 lbs.
    • Maximum user weight capacity: 230 lbs.
    • Fin: 9” retractable
    WARNING: CA PROP. 65 WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Nickel, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
    • Brand : Lifetime
    • Country of Origin : United States of America
    • DSG Pro Tips

• Web ID: 16LIFUFTHM10SPBRDPSS

why so serious?