frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

WHY CANT GOVERNMENT TAX THE CHURCH? THEY MAKE BILLIONS YET WONT HELP OUT THE POOR AND NEEDY

Debate Information

These freaking religious leaders just make money out of the business.....They just use the marketing tools called the BIBLE, JESUS coming back, Etc.....The Vatican, super rich, yet wont give out their money and wealth to help the needy and poor.... they just suck each others d%&!s and fornicate with nuns and put their children in catholic schools and hide their identity

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    Catholic Charities USA was the 13th largest charity, they donated $3.7 billion to the needy in 2017.  In fact, the Catholic church has 3 separate agencies in the top 100 largest charities.

smoothieReligion_Business01
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  

@Religion_Business01

"WHY CANT GOVERNMENT TAX THE CHURCH?" 

"THEY MAKE BILLIONS YET WONT HELP OUT THE POOR AND NEEDY"

Why can't all of the states in the United States, all pay their fair share in taxation and revenue?

Fair and equal representation via Taxation and Revenue.

Why can't the Law Makers in the same states that legalized Recreational Marijuana HELP out the poor and the needy in their own States?

I've seen the homeless and the needy in Denver Colorado, and some of them smoke weed. 

And my question was, how can these poor and needy people, afford to smoke weed, while being poor and needy at the same time?

Religion_Business01
  • Only the big churches are making the bank, and even then a lot of it gets donated to charitys. Most small(er) churches have been forced to close because they can’t pay their bills. These people make the bulk of their money through donations.

(US)
    Religion_Business01
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • Still, I think all governments should tax the big churches...@AmericanFurryBoy
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Religion_Business01

What's wrong, why no commentary about the below?

You're not anti Religious are you? 

Why can't all of the states in the United States, all pay their fair share in taxation and revenue?

Fair and equal representation via Taxation and Revenue.

Why can't the Law Makers in the same states that legalized Recreational Marijuana HELP out the poor and the needy in their own States?

I've seen the homeless and the needy in Denver Colorado, and some of them smoke weed. 

And my question was, how can these poor and needy people, afford to smoke weed, while being poor and needy at the same time? 
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    We must keep in mind, previous religious organizations are the reason for the United States came to exist.
    It is also the reason for public schools, colleges, hospitals, science, libraries, just to name a few.
    A majority of charities and philanthropy are seriously impacted because of religious organizations.
    Some of the largest charities in the world are made and supported by religious organizations.

All that being said, I also feel that religious organizations need to be taxed.
    I feel it is too much leeway for misappropriation of funds.
    Plus I learned that many people use religious loopholes to secure properties and avoid business taxes.
    This problem can only be fixed with someone checking your books.
    This will prevent finances from being tied up through death.

Let's look at the other side of your accusation of immorality in religious organizations.
    Let's not pretend that nonreligious people are not sexually influencing religious people.
    All of the sexual impropriety in religious organizations has been influenced by nonreligious people.
    Not to say religious people get a pass for their bad decisions, or this should be an excuse for impropriety.
    But it is to say people should not feign that the majority of people are morally stable, while religious people are instable.
    Let's not be the Ted Bundy judging Robert Bardo.