frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Atheism is an Untenable Psychosis

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• @RickeyD
    , yeah sure the Muslims were invading, but that doesn’t excuse the slaughter of 100s of thousands. Also, it doesn’t matter if they were Catholics, the point that’s being made is that Religion is no better than Atheism
    MayCaesarsmoothie
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6048 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

As far as I know, Christianity means following the word of Jesus Christ as expressed in the Bible. It does not mean any particular interpretation of the book.

Catholics base their beliefs on the Bible and love Jesus Christ, hence they are Christians. There is nothing to prove; it follows directly from basic rules of English language, as well as from the book dictionary.

You do not get to redefine terms however you please. If you do not like the definition of "Christianity", then introduce a new word, "Christianist", for example, and use it instead.
    Happy_KillbotsmoothieBlastcat
  • RickeyD said:
    @ZeusAres42 ; Easy to say...why not prove me incorrect...you said you wanted a debate...where have you been hiding, atheist? Prove my doctrinal positioning incorrect by using the Scriptures...I am interested in what you have to say.

But I am not interested in what you have to say moron. To me you're nothing more than a pathetic troll not worthy or capable of rational discourse. And you demonstrate that with every sentence. I asked you to an actual debate but you failed as you still continue to post silly comments and then random religious texts that you get randomly online and thus prove yet again that you cannot debate. Why on earth would I waste my time with someone as badly motivated as you. Goodbye and have fun with your psychosis delusions.
    YeshuaBoughtsmoothieBlastcat

• NeopesdomNeopesdom 157 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

>>Catholics base their beliefs on the Bible and love Jesus Christ, hence they are Christians.

Interesting that this organization as you say is so loving towards Jesus that in the "Gregorian Calendar" that they invented they honor the names of pagan gods.

Sunday - Day of the Sun
    Monday - Day of the Moon
    Tuesday - Old English Tīwesdæg ‘day of Tīw’, a Germanic god of war and the sky; translation of Latin dies Marti ‘day of Mars’, the god Tīw being equated with the Roman god Mars.
    Wednesday - Old English Wōdnesdæg ‘day of Odin’, named after the Germanic god Odin or Woden, the supreme god; translation of late Latin Mercurii dies, Odin being equated with the Roman god Mercury. Compare with Dutch woensdag 
    Thursday - Old English Thu(n)resdæg ‘day of thunder’, named after Thunor or Thor, the Germanic god of thunder; translation of late Latin Jovis dies ‘day of Jupiter’, Thor being equated with the Roman god Jupiter.
    Friday - Old English Frīgedæg ‘day of Frigga’, named after the Germanic goddess Frigga, wife of the supreme god Odin and goddess of married love; translation of late Latin Veneris dies ‘day of Venus’, Frigga being equated with the Roman goddess of love, Venus. 
    Saturday - Old English Sætern(es)dæg, translation of Latin Saturni dies ‘day of Saturn’, the ancient Roman god of agriculture.

It's practically written on their forehead...

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. (Rev.17:5)

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, “He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness.” (1 Cor. 3:19)

Catholicism, Past and Present

Roman Catholicism is NOT Christianity

“Never argue with an id'iot They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @Neopesdom

Catholicism has never been Christian. Catholicism was founded by Constantine in 312-313AD via the Edict of Milan by merging Babylonian Paganism/Roman Paganism with elements of Christian and non-Christian (Apocrypha) doctrine in order to make the pagan cult more palatable to the masses.

The Mass; The Sacraments; Transubstantiation; Purgatory; The Rosary; Statues in Worship; The Perpetual Virginity of Mary as the Goddess of Heaven; The Idolatry of Mary Worship; calling Catholic Leadership as "Father"; Confessing sin to a Priest; The Magisterium; Indulgences; these are NOT Scriptural and undermine the purity and simplicity of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord; thereby, leading the innocent millions/billions in the way of deception and hopelessness. http://www.eaec.org/cults/romancatholic.htm

Blastcat
    @ZeusAres42 ; You sound like an atheist coward to me.

smoothieZeusAres42Blastcat
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:
    @ZeusAres42 ; Easy to say...why not prove me incorrect...you said you wanted a debate...where have you been hiding, atheist? Prove my doctrinal positioning incorrect by using the Scriptures...I am interested in what you have to say.

But I am not interested in what you have to say moron. To me you're nothing more than a pathetic troll not worthy or capable of rational discourse. And you demonstrate that with every sentence. I asked you to an actual debate but you failed as you still continue to post silly comments and then random religious texts that you get randomly online and thus prove yet again that you cannot debate. Why on earth would I waste my time with someone as badly motivated as you. Goodbye and have fun with your psychosis delusions.
    I love you!
    ZeusAres42
    @YeshuaRedeemed ; Birds of a feather...

Blastcat
  • RickeyD said:

I love you!
    Do let 2 or more ignorent  fools on this site be the reason for putting you off your religion though. 

@RickeyD

>>Catholicism has never been Christian. Catholicism was founded by Constantine

Yeah, Constantine was not a Christian either, he waited until his death bed before he would be baptised so he could sin all he wanted to in his life, falsely believing that at the last hour he could be saved through yet another false dogma of the Catholic(Universal) church called baptismal regeneration. He was baptized by the heretic Eusebius of Nicomedia, the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople.

The Bible believing Christians however rejected the false dogmas of the "Universal church" and were persecuted, tortured and massacred by the millions. Salvation is through faith in Christ by believing the gospel, adding additional elements to be saved turns it into a works based system which is clearly rejected by Scripture. Baptism is not efficacious in any way, it is a symbol of a much greater spiritual truth. To Constantine, he falsely believed it had the power to save him.

Scripture rejects this heresy, "... for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes (Romans 1:16)

The "Universal church" however anathematizes all who deny that by baptism "the guilt of original sin is remitted...." Trent, 22, 23, 54.  Code of Canon Law (Canon 849) declares that those baptized are thereby "freed from their sins, are reborn as children of God and... incorporated in the Church." Canon 204 states, "The Christian faithful are those who...have been incorporated in Christ through baptism" and are thereby members of the one, true Catholic Church. Code of Canon Law (Paulist Press, 1985), 122, 614.

This "Universal church" has been in full-blown apostasy for 1,300 years, having persecuted and killed true Christians and has never repented of this evil. The Council of Trent (1545-1563) brought together the leading bishops and cardinals of this "Universal Church" in order to counter the Reformation. The Canons and Decrees of the Council of Trent contain more than 100 anathemas condemning every point of the true gospel and damning to hell those who believe it.

If they were not knocked down from their high horse the following policy would still be in effect.

“Though heretics must not be tolerated because they deserve it, we must bear with them, till, by a second admonition, they may be brought back to the faith of the church. But those who, after a second admonition, remain obstinate in their errors, must not only be excommunicated, but they must be delivered to the secular power to be exterminated.” - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologia, Vol. iv p.90.

Over 50,000,000 Christians died martyr deaths,.... during the period of the ‘dark ages’ alone… – J. M. Carroll

And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I wondered with a great wonder. (Revelations 17:6)

Lest we forget...

Peter of Bruys († 1130) (lynched)
    Gerard Segarelli († 1300)
    Maifreda da Pirovano († 1300)
    Andrea Saramiti († 1300)
    Fra Dolcino († 1307) (never tried by Catholic Church), Italy
    Sister Margherita († 1307), Italy
    Brother Longino († 1307), Italy
    Marguerite Porete († 1310)
    Botulf Botulfsson († 1311), the only known heretic executed in Sweden
    Jacques de Molay (1243–1314), burned after conviction by a tribunal under the control of King Philip IV of
    France, France
    Geoffroi de Charney († 1314), burned with Jacques de Molay above, France.
    Guilhèm Belibasta († 1321), last Cathar
    Francesco da Pistoia († 1337)
    Lorenzo Gherardi († 1337)
    Bartolomeo Greco († 1337)
    Bartolomeo da Bucciano († 1337)
    Antonio Bevilacqua († 1337)
    William Sawtre († 1401)
    John Badby († 1410)
    Jan Hus (1371–1415), impenitent/unrepentant heretic
    Jerome of Prague (1365–1416), relapsed heretic
    Joan of Arc at the stake, 1431
    St. Joan of Arc (1412–1431),
    Thomas Bagley († 1431)
    Pavel Kravar († 1433)
    Girolamo Savonarola († 1498)
    Joshua Weißöck (1488–1498)
    Jean Vallière († 1523)Hendrik Voes († 1523), 1st martyr in the Seventeen Provinces
    Jan van Essen († 1523), 1st martyr in the Seventeen Provinces
    Jan de Bakker († 1525), 1st martyr in the Northern Netherlands
    Wendelmoet Claesdochter († 1527), 1st Dutch woman burned as heretic
    Michael Sattler († 1527)
    Patrick Hamilton († 1528), St Andrews, Scotland
    Balthasar Hubmaier (1485–1528), relapsed heretic
    George Blaurock (1491–1529)
    Hans Langegger († 1529)
    Giovanni Milanese († 1530)
    Richard Bayfield († 1531)
    James Bainham († 1532)
    John Frith (1503–1533), England
    William Tyndale (1490–1536)
    Jakob Hutter († 1536)
    Aefgen Listincx (d. 1538)
    Anneke Esaiasdochter (d. 1539)
    Francisco de San Roman († 1540)
    Robert Barnes († 1540), England
    Thomas Gerrard († 1540), England
    Giandomenico dell' Aquila († 1542)
    Maria van Beckum (d. 1544)
    Ursula van Beckum (d. 1544)
    George Wishart (1513–1546), St Andrews, Scotland
    Rogers' execution at Smithfield, 1555
    John Rogers († 1555), London, England
    Canterbury Martyrs († 1555), England
    Laurence Saunders, (1519–1555), EnglandRowland
    Taylor († 1555), England
    John Hooper († 1555), England
    Robert Ferrar († 1555), Carmarthen, Wales
    Patrick Pakingham († 1555), Uxbridge, England
    Hugh Latimer (1485–1555), relapsed heretic,
    England Nicholas Ridley (1500–1555), England
    Bartolomeo Hector († 1555)
    Paolo Rappi († 1555)
    Vernon Giovanni († 1555)
    Labori Antonio († 1555)
    John Bradford († 1555), London, England
    Thomas Cranmer (1489–1556), relapsed heretic, England
    Stratford Martyrs († 1556), 11 men and 2 women, London, England
    Joan Waste (d. 1556), Derby, England
    Pomponio Angerio († 1556)
    Nicola Sartonio († 1557)
    Thomas von Imbroich († 1558) (beheaded)
    Fra Goffredo Varaglia († 1558)
    Gisberto di Milanuccio († 1558)
    Francesco Cartone († 1558)
    Antonio di Colella († 1559)
    Antonio Gesualdi († 1559)
    Giacomo Bonello († 1560)
    Mermetto Savoiardo († 1560)
    Dionigi di Cola († 1560)
    Gian Pascali di Cuneo († 1560)
    Bernardino Conte († 1560)
    Giorgio Olivetto († 1567)
    Luca di Faenza († 1568)
    Thomas Szük (1522–1568)
    Bartolomeo Bartoccio († 1569)
    Dirk Willems (†1569), Netherlands
    Fra Arnaldo di Santo Zeno († 1570)
    Alessandro di Giacomo († 1574)
    Benedetto Thomaria († 1574)
    Diego Lopez († 1583)
    Gabriello Henriquez († 1583)
    Borro of Arezzo († 1583)
    Ludovico Moro († 1583)
    Pietro Benato († 1585)
    Francesco Gambonelli († 1594)
    Marcantonio Valena († 1594)
    Giovanni Antonio da Verona († 1599)
    Fra Celestino († 1599)
    Giordano Bruno (1548–1600), Rome, Italy
    Maurizio Rinaldi († 1600)
    Bartolomeo Coppino († 1601)
    Edward Wightman († 1612), last person burned for heresy in England.
    Malin Matsdotter (1613–1676), for witchcraft, Sweden
    Kimpa Vita (1684–1706), Angola
    Maria Barbara Carillo (1625–1721), Madrid, Spain

The book by John Foxe, commonly known as Foxe's Book of Martyrs lists many more than this.

smoothie
      “Never argue with an id'iot They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
  • RickeyD said:
    @ZeusAres42 ; You sound like an atheist coward to me.

"Atheist Coward" LMAO. Says the guy who hasn't debated anything yet. If posting pathetic things about religion and atheism, and then posting random psalms in addition to what you have said is debating then the rest of us must be living in a parallel world. You just sound like a plain simple imbecile to me.

Anyway, come on now. Try and have a bit of sympathy for the Devil:

Happy_Killbot

• @RickeyD = Untenable retardation.
    Happy_Killbot

@Neopesdom

The Bible as a whole derives from pagan cultures. The Bible talks about things like fire-breathing dragons, talking snakes, angels and demons, all of which originated in pagan verbal tradition. Every religion builds on top of the already existing stories; religions do not just emerge out of the blue and are always connected to the past traditions.
    Blastcat
    @MayCaesar

>>>>The Bible as a whole derives from pagan cultures. The Bible talks about things like fire-breathing dragons, talking snakes, angels and demons, all of which originated in pagan verbal tradition. Every religion builds on top of the already existing stories; religions do not just emerge out of the blue and are always connected to the past traditions.

Actually the exact opposite is true. Pagan cultures derived out of Biblical oral traditions passed down from the survivors of Noah's flood. 

You see only one lineage would maintain the true oral traditions handed down from the time of Noah, through Shem, down through Arpachshad, down to Abraham and eventually the twelve tribes of Israel, the chosen people of God. All others lost the original teachings of Noah and their beliefs became corrupted down to a shadow of what they once knew. In a grand game of Chinese whispers the other lineages would lose the original message, in what I like to call "The Big Mondegreen." Also to mention those godless men whom willfully turned away from their creator to follow their own vain lusts. This accounts for apparent similarities between various pagan religions and Judeo Christian culture.

As an example there are many cultures with stories of an ancient flood such as, the Hindu Puranic story of Manu or Baisbasbata, Deucalion in Greek mythology, the Sumerian Utnapishtim in the Epic of Gilgamesh, the South and Central American stories of Coxcox, Teocipactli, and Tezpi, Tamandere of the Guarani Indians, Nüwaaa`a or Fo-Hi in China, Tawhaki of New Zealand, Bergelmir of Germany and many more, approximately 140 more! There is a thread of commonality among them all on four elements of the Biblical narrative. Firstly, that the cause of the flood was a moral one. Secondly, they tell of one man who saved himself and family or friends after a forewarning of events. Thirdly, they all agree that the survivors were the ones who repopulated the earth. Fourthly and finally, that animals were involved in the events of the flood and also afterwards in the finding dry land. Almost without exception they differ radically from the biblical account by incorporating events that are clearly fabrications. They are, in short, often greatly embellished with details that are strictly mythical, contrasting very strongly with the dignity, simplicity, and matter-of-fact character of the Genesis record.

Earth may have underground 'ocean' three times that on surface
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/jun/13/earth-may-have-underground-ocean-three-times-that-on-surface

Myth of land-changing deluge supported by geology, as are flood legends from Scandinavia to Tibet
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ancient-chinese-megaflood-may-be-fact-not-fiction/

One would expect that maybe some of the oral traditions were not completely corrupted and that perhaps an independent account of things apart from what is written in the Bible have somehow survived. In fact they have.

These are accounts described in the "Shu Jing" (Book of History), compiled by Confucius, where it is recorded that Emperor Shun (ruled from about 2256 B.C. to 2205 B.C. when the first recorded dynasty began) that he worshiped and sacrificed a bull to "ShangDi." ShangDi literally means "Heavenly Ruler." Linguists point out that ShangDi, Creator-God of the Chinese, is the phonetic equivalent to El Shaddai, Creator-God of the Hebrews. About 700 B.C., the early Zhou pronunciation of ShangDi was "djanh-tigh" (Zhan-dai). According to Exodus 6:2,3, Shaddai(conventionally translated as God Almighty) is the name by which God was known to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The name Shaddai is again used as a name of God later in the Book of Job. The bull was sacrificed at an annual ceremony called a "Border Sacrifice," a rite that did not end until 1911 when the last emperor was deposed. Additionally, recitations from the ancient rite parallel several Bible passages, including the creation account in Genesis. Scholars who have analyzed the most ancient forms of these pictographic Chinese writings (graphic symbols called ideograms), which date from before the time of Moses, have the entire story of creation, the temptation, the fall of man into sin, and God's remedy for sin in the animal sacrifices, which pointed to the coming Savior, Jesus Christ. All the elements of the Genesis narrative are found recorded, and still in use, in Chinese character-writing. This confirms the idea that the ancient Chinese incorporated their early knowledge(though somewhat corrupted) of Noah into their written language.

Noah’s Ark hidden in the ancient Chinese characters
    https://creation.com/images/pdfs/tj/j19_2/j19_2_96-108.pdf

If anyone else is suddenly experiencing their own "Zeitgeist moment", give your head a shake and read:

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @Neopesdom ; The Bible does not derive its Truth from pagan cultures, it wars against them. Without Jesus Christ-Yeshua as your Lord and Mediator for your sin, you will die in sin and die a second death in Hell (John 8:24). Don't toy with your Eternity!  Jesus spoke of Noah and The Flood - you would do well to listen to Him.

Was Jesus a Copy of Horus, Mithras, Krishna, Dionysus and Other Pagan Gods?  http://beginningandend.com/jesus-copy-horus-mithras-dionysis-pagan-gods/

Blastcat
    @RickeyD ;

>>The Bible does not derive its Truth from pagan cultures, it wars against them.

Some people are drowning and trying to save themselves by grabbing at flimsy reeds....

These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God. (Gen. 6:9)

The ancient world was well familiar with the knowledge of the patriarchs and the message they would have proclaimed. They knew of the coming seed which would bruise the serpents head and that the bruising of His heel implied His own sacrifice, the only way the curse could be removed. From the top of the mountains of Ararat descended groups of migrating peoples into the fertile crescent and beyond. The knowledge they carried became fragmented and distorted over time. These fragments now exist as shadow of what was forgotten by them long ago.

To the Greeks it manifested as Apollo vs the serpent Python. At the Louvre, in Paris you can still find Hercules doing battle with a serpent.

All around the world we can find these fragments, from Vritra vs Indra in India, to Set vs Apep in Egypt, to Thor vs Jormungand in Scandinavia and beyond. The origin of these partial truths are traced back to the original knowledge possessed by Noah and his descendents, only later to become distorted and fragmented over time into the Pagan religions and all that culminates from the mystery of iniquity.
    @Neopesdom ; Where you err in your spiritual ignorance is believing that man and Time have somehow diluted or perverted the message of the Bible. You do so as you obviously revel in naturalism not understanding that the Scriptures come to us by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, NOT mankind. God used 40-writers specifically anointed for the purpose of documenting on parchment the mind of God over 1400-years and 3-Continents as God defined origin, meaning, morality, destiny...the purpose for our lives and His plan for our destiny.

The very same God who took elements from the Spiritual World and formed them into matter that is apprehended by human senses and used this matter as the basic building blocks for our Universe, the complex human genome (Hebrews 11:3), you can rest assured that this very same Creator-God has faithfully preserved His written words down through Time in order that you can know Him personally and His righteous decrees upon your life.

The Holy Bible is God's Covenant of Grace provided you so that you can have a means of escape from certain death in sin and Hell if you will trust in God's Savior to mankind i.e. Jesus Christ-Yeshua as your Lord (John 3:16). If you deny the Scriptures and the Subject of those Scriptures, Jesus Christ, you will surely die in sin and die in Hell without hope (John 8:24)!

Blastcat
    @RickeyD ;

>>>Where you err in your spiritual ignorance is believing that man and Time have somehow diluted or perverted the message of the Bible.

Have you have heard of the "New Word Translation" of the Bible. It is a corrupt perverted version of the Bible created by man in Time. 

Do you deny the existence of this perverted translation? 

God wrote the Bible through inspiration of the Holy Spirit, through individuals like Moses through Paul, 40 authors in total. Before Moses started writing Scripture, knowledge of Noah and other things were passed down by oral transmission. Most people back then were illiterate and these stories trickled down through time. Scripture however does not rely on these oral traditions/transmissions for its compilation, but on inspiration by God through specific individuals, that is how IT has been perfectly preserved. It was the oral traditions back then which have become diluted and perverted by man over time.

I'll quote myself.

>>Pagan cultures derived out of Biblical oral traditions passed down from the survivors of Noah's flood. 

The only 'err' here is in your reading comprehension skills...
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6048 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @Neopesdom

Oral traditions by definition result in a perverted product, as per the Chinese whispers effect. Individual tradition carriers bring their own touch to the stories they tell, and the stories change over time. And since it is also impossible to specify a moment in time at which a certain story is born (since stories naturally evolve continuously and never start out of nowhere), it is only logical to conclude that absolutely all words in the Bible are twisted, compared to the original narrative.

Despite what you said above, you cannot escape the fact that the Bible is a product of pagan traditions. You see a lot of stories from, say, the Ancient Greek mythology making their way into the Bible, with proper cultural changes, of course - and many of those stories, in turn, trace back all the way to Phoenician, and even sometimes Sumer, times.

No matter how much you believe the god has been involved in writing the Bible, you cannot avoid having to face the fact that any of the Bible versions available today is a product of human mind and does not have to have anything in common with the original version of the Bible. And since the Bible itself is essentially a modified version of Torah, and Torah is a product of a different religion, well... Things become quite murky when trying to decide which version of which book should be considered canon.
    smoothieBlastcat
  • Neopesdom said:
    @RickeyD ;

>>>Where you err in your spiritual ignorance is believing that man and Time have somehow diluted or perverted the message of the Bible.

Have you have heard of the "New Word Translation" of the Bible. It is a corrupt perverted version of the Bible created by man in Time. 

Do you deny the existence of this perverted translation? 

God wrote the Bible through inspiration of the Holy Spirit, through individuals like Moses through Paul, 40 authors in total. Before Moses started writing Scripture, knowledge of Noah and other things were passed down by oral transmission. Most people back then were illiterate and these stories trickled down through time. Scripture however does not rely on these oral traditions/transmissions for its compilation, but on inspiration by God through specific individuals, that is how IT has been perfectly preserved. It was the oral traditions back then which have become diluted and perverted by man over time.

I'll quote myself.

>>Pagan cultures derived out of Biblical oral traditions passed down from the survivors of Noah's flood. 

The only 'err' here is in your reading comprehension skills...

Showdown! looks like troll vs troll here. Who will prevail? I do reserve some doubt thought about @Neopesdom at the moment. I how absolutely no doubt about @RickeyD being a troll on here though. And I dedicate this song to him:

@MayCaesar ; @ZeusAres42 @Noepesdom   The Scriptures come to us by inspiration of the Holy Spirit...not mankind and the very same God who created matter, Time, the Universe, the complex human genome is the One who inspired the written words of God's Covenant between Himself and man; therefore, the words that are before us in the canon of Scripture, our Holy Bibles, are the very words that our Creator desires we have so that we can know Him and know of His love and righteous decrees upon our life. If you reject the written word of God which explains and identifies the Living Word of God, Jesus Christ-Yeshua, you will die in sin and lose your soul in Hell.

smoothieBlastcat
  • RickeyD said:
    @MayCaesar ; @ZeusAres42 @Noepesdom   The Scriptures come to us by inspiration of the Holy Spirit...not mankind and the very same God who created matter, Time, the Universe, the complex human genome is the One who inspired the written words of God's Covenant between Himself and man; therefore, the words that are before us in the canon of Scripture, our Holy Bibles, are the very words that our Creator desires we have so that we can know Him and know of His love and righteous decrees upon our life. If you reject the written word of God which explains and identifies the Living Word of God, Jesus Christ-Yeshua, you will die in sin and lose your soul in Hell.

@RickeyD The Scriptures come to us by inspiration of the Holy Spirit...not mankind and the very same God who created matter, Time, the Universe, the complex human genome is the One who inspired the written words of God's Covenant between Himself and man; therefore, the words that are before us in the canon of Scripture, our Holy Bibles, are the very words that our Creator desires we have so that we can know Him and know of His love and righteous decrees upon our life. If you reject the written word of God which explains and identifies the Living Word of God, Jesus Christ-Yeshua, you will die in sin and lose your soul in Hell. 

Enjoy your cake of words @RickeyD

• @RickeyD you just write total to hide the fact that you always get proven rong and know that the facts outweigh your silly quotes.
    @Łåśåğñūţ ; , a mindless atheist can't prove a true Christian "rong"???  , you're wrong!  Without Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of your sin, you will die in sin and die in Hell, .

smoothieZeusAres42Blastcat
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2759 Pts   -   edited December 2019

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6048 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @RickeyD

I do not follow your religious newspeak and do not even know what this "Holy Spirit" is, but I do not that humans like writing random stuff and then believing in it. Seems to be the case here.

Facts will not change if you just keep repeating the same bunch of lines. As one guy said, "Facts do not care about your feelings"; similarly, facts do not care about your faith. They are what they are, and they indicate that the Bible was written by humans. Now, you can believe that those humans were possessed by a demon or something else that compelled them to write "the word of god" - but I can just as much believe that they were possessed by Aphrodite, who promised them endless physical pleasures if they manage to write the most ambiguous book in the history of mankind.
    Blastcat
    @MayCaesar ;

>>Bible versions available today is a product of human mind and does not have to have anything in common with the original version of the Bible. 

It's very convenient for your assertation that no evidence of this mystery version has ever been found and that all other evidence as to Biblical preservation says otherwise. 

The New Testament has been preserved in more manuscripts than any other ancient work of literature, with over 5,800 complete or fragmented Greek manuscripts catalogued, 10,000 Latin manuscripts and 9,300 manuscripts in various other ancient languages including Syriac, Slavic, Gothic, Ethiopic, Coptic and Armenian.  -wiki

Modern critical scholars have often contended that many portions of the Bible were actually written long after the events they describe, and that the text was then attributed after the fact to the ancient authors. The conservative view that the Bible was authored by the individuals it names clashes with the liberal assertion that the people at the time were illiterate, or that the Hebrew language did not even exist then. But this newly translated artifact demonstrates that the Hebrew language was alive and well, in both spoken and written form, during the time that many portions of the Bible were written.  - Brain Thomas

The text discovered in the charred Ein Gedi scroll is "100 percent identical" to the version of the Book of Leviticus that has been in use for centuries, said Dead Sea Scroll scholar Emmanuel Tov from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, who participated in the study. Andrew Griffin

“Now, in addition to preserving the Dead Sea Scrolls for future generations, we can bequeath part of the Bible from a Holy Ark of a 1,500-year old synagogue.” - Enrico de Lazaro

The evidence keeps piling in and it isn't going your way, sorry but YOUR logic has failed you.

The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever  (Psalm 12:6-7) 
    @Neopesdom ; You're either a or you don't know the Holy Spirit. When reading an English translation always study the original languages and it's wise to purchase a copy of the Bible in the NASB with Hebrew-Greek accompaniment.

You strive with such diligence to serve your god, Satan, not knowing you're a pathetic instigator of deceit and Hell and hopelessness. If you do not repent of sin and sincerely trust in Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation of your sin, you will surely die in sin and die in Hell. You're not nearly as intelligent and wise as you think you are. God the Holy Spirit has Authored and preserved the Scriptures that are before us, you will believe and live or you'll deny and die in Hell...the choice is yours to make!

Blastcat
    @RickeyD ;

>>You're either a or you don't know the Holy Spirit. When reading an English translation always study the original languages and it's wise to purchase a copy of the Bible in the NASB with Hebrew-Greek accompaniment. 

Really don't know what you are talking about, can you elaborate? Can you quote the specific text you are referring to? 
    @Neopesdom ; If you have a question, ask it. Be specific and articulate.
    Blastcat
    Why can't you preach Christ crucified and resurrected, instead of attacking people, and preaching hate. The Bible says to preach the truth in love, and that the greatest of these is love not hate. If your alleged love is not being recieved as love, you might be the problem. let's say things like gay marriage and abortion are a sin. i don't know whether they are or not, but Let's pretend. Preaching hate will not save sinners, and I am asking you: Since when is sin illegal. While I think Trump is a good President, even he has been caught in some serious sins. Get your own house in order, as you are a sinner, too. The Bible says that all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God. You don't have the right to attack people, and attach it to Jesus, as that is blasphemy.
    @YeshuaBought ;  The Bible demonstrates preaching TRUTH. The Gospel is inherently divisive and you are not of God but of Satan as you live in rebellion to God's will for you life in unrepentant sexual perversion. You do not know God and you're Satan's fool as is the atheist...this is Scriptural, not simply my observation.

Blastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ;  The Bible demonstrates preaching TRUTH. The Gospel is inherently divisive and you are not of God but of Satan as you live in rebellion to God's will for you life in unrepentant sexual perversion. You do not know God and you're Satan's fool as is the atheist...this is Scriptural, not simply my observation.

You don't have the right to preach anything, without love, and you are not preaching love.
    smoothie
    @RickeyD

The question has already been asked....

>>>@Neopesdom ; If you have a question, ask it. Be specific and articulate.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

YOUR STATEMENT

>>You're either a or you don't know the Holy Spirit.  

MY QUESTION

Really don't know what you are talking about, can you elaborate? Can you quote the specific text you are referring to? 
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

@Neopesdom ; I have no idea of what you talking about and I lack the interest to go back and research some atheistic nonsense. Sorry.
    smoothieBlastcat
    @Neopesdom

This evidence does not contradict my claim in any way. Obviously the Bible is a very popular book and has been for a long period of time, and obviously there will be many identical copies of the Bible found, written by scribes a long time ago. There are also many identical copies of other versions of the Bible found as well. There is no version of the Bible which has been determined to be "the original", and it is quite likely that the Bible is not a book that appeared one day and, instead, was a result of gradual transition from ancient texts.

I am not the one claiming that god bestowed some "true" version of the Bible on humans. You are, and I am telling you that you are wrong. You seem to agree with me that you are wrong, so I am not sure what exactly you are objecting to here.
    Blastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @Neopesdom ; I have no idea of what you talking about and I lack the interest to go back and research some atheistic nonsense. Sorry.
    I understand and respect where you are coming from, but again, we are called to be Christlike. Jesus was more than willing, to prove His claims with Scripture and logic, and we shpuld, too. I affirm your right to free speech, but I think you are very wrong, to treat people this way.
    @YeshuaBought ; Thanks.
    @YeshuaBought ;  You preach your way, I'll preach my way...
    Blastcat
    @MayCaesar

>>quite likely that the Bible is not a book that appeared one day and, instead, was a result of gradual transition from ancient texts

"quite likely" is not evidence. I can show gradual transitions for the Quran as demonstrated by Dr. Daniel Brubaker, but no such evidence against the Bible. 

Daniel Brubaker is primarily a scholar of Qur’an manuscripts of the 7th to 10th centuries. He defended his doctoral dissertation titled “Intentional Changes in the Quran Manuscripts” and was awarded his PhD at Rice University in Houston in 2014. Since then he’s continued his work researching corrections in early Qurans and to date Dr. Brubaker has analyzed approximately 10,000 early Quranic manuscripts or manuscript folios in institutions and libraries throughout Europe and the Middle East and elsewhere, Doha, Kuwait, Tashkent. 

Can you show similar studies regarding Biblical manuscripts? Certainly not. 

Consider this article by Wes Hynd,

....many critics charge that Christians changed the Biblical accounts of Jesus’ life after they were first written so that what we now have is not anywhere close to what was originally recorded. In other words, people distorted and misrepresented Jesus, making him into someone he was not.

There are several problems with this argument. First, it’s implausible. It’s really not clear to me why anyone would have wanted to distort reality so heavily as to create a fake deity and spawn an entire world religion. We’ve seen that the disciples certainly had no such motives and that almost all of them, amidst countless others, were willing to die for what they believed to be true about Jesus. The implication here is that somewhere along the way, within the lifespan of those who knew Jesus and personally witnessed his miracles, teachings, death and supposed resurrection, somebody had the audacity to change the story. Not just somebody, but multiple people changing multiple accounts written by multiple authors and verified by a whole variety of witnesses. But if this wasn’t the original story, then why did all of the disciples die willingly? What were they dying for and so dedicated to if it wasn’t what we have recorded for us now? What was the original story that still motivated the same historical events? Not only is it not clear why anyone would do this, but it’s also not clear how history supports this claim in any way, or how they would even have gotten away with it in the presence of so many witnesses. Even if later Christians are accused of changing the text, history only supports the accounts we currently have; it doesn’t allow for a different picture of Jesus.

Secondly, we have an abundance of evidence to work with. The field of scholarly criticism currently has nearly 6,000 Greek manuscripts of the New Testament available to study and compare, not including over 10,000 Latin copies and between 5,000 and 10,000 others. On top of this, the early church leaders recorded so much of the New Testament in their own writings and letters that we can reproduce the entire thing over and over and over again just from their writings. It’s easy to get hung up on the fact that we do not have the original papyri which the New Testament documents were written on until we realize that we don’t have the original manuscripts of any historical work of antiquity which we hold to be reliable today. In fact, the 20,000+ manuscripts which we have of the New Testament are more than any other historical work of antiquity. How much more? Second place goes to Homer’s Iliad with around 2,000 copies. Things get a lot shakier after that. The average ancient Greek author has less than 20 manuscripts still around today, and often only two or three. New Testament scholar Dr. Daniel Wallace asserts that on the basis of manuscript evidence, we have 1,000 times more evidence that Jesus Christ existed than that Alexander the Great existed.

Of course, the amount of manuscripts isn’t the only important factor here; we need to know how close in date our manuscripts are to the originals. For Alexander the Great, what we know about him comes 1,000 years after he was alive. For Greco-Roman historians and biographers, we have no copies until 700-2,000 years after the originals, and yet we trust that these represent what was originally written. By contrast, our earliest New Testament manuscripts are dated to within 100 years of the originals. Nothing else comes even close.

Thirdly, time has helped us, not hindered us. Dr. Daniel Wallace points out that “as time goes on, we are getting closer and closer to the original text,” not further and further away. In 1611, when the King James Version of the Bible was translated, it was based on seven manuscripts. Now, we have discovered 6,000 Greek texts alone. We have more and more to work with as time goes on, not less.

Fourthly, the differences make no difference (and actually show us what is original and what is not). With most historical texts, we don’t even have enough manuscripts to compare any differences or changes to see if there are any. With the New Testament, we have 20,000 manuscripts to compare and study. Are there differences? Yes. There are 400,000 variants in the texts. That sounds like a lot until you know that 99% of these variants make no difference at all, and the vast majority of them are spelling differences and word order differences. Did you know there are around 1200 ways you can say “John loves Mary” in the Greek language? In reality, less than 1% of the textual variants actually mean anything. There are two relatively significant portions of the Gospels which probably were not included in the original manuscripts, and the very fact that we know this is a testament to the wealth of evidence we have to work with and our ability to use it. Even these variants do not jeopardize a single doctrine of who Jesus is or any other significant Christian belief. In fact, Bart Ehrman, a scholar who has laid the foundation for much of the popular skepticism toward the New Testament’s validity with his book Misquoting Jesus, said himself in a quote published on the book that “Essential Christian beliefs are not affected by textual variants in the manuscript tradition of the New Testament.”

There are other problems we could discuss regarding the argument that Christians have changed the Bible, but it seems clear that the New Testament stacks up extremely well against any other historical work which we place our trust in today. We have seen that archaeological discoveries support Biblical people, places and events, that the Bible makes predictions about the future which appear to have actually occurred, that the disciples did not have motivations to lie, and that the Bible has been consistently and accurately transmitted throughout the years. However, many argue that although the disciples genuinely believed in a resurrected Jesus and were willing to die for this belief, this doesn’t mean that it actually happened. This is another fair point, so we will look at the resurrection of Jesus in a few more weeks.....

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6048 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @Neopesdom

I am confused... Have you never heard of Old Testament and New Testament? Those are two principally different versions of the Bible. Old Testament itself is connected in many ways to folklore stories from Babylon and Egypt; but even looking just at the New Testament which people most commonly imply by the word "Bible" nowadays, there are thousands manuscripts related to it, written across many centuries, and it is not clear historically which manuscripts were included in the most commonly used version of the Bible at which point in 

You can view all of the found manuscripts to date here:

http://www.csntm.org/

Quran is actually different in this regard, because it was written artificially in a very short period of time (approximately 20 years), in order to unite the population under the common doctrine, and the same version (in the same original language) is widely used in the Muslim world - however, the stories included in Quran themselves can be traced back to other texts and folklore traditions, including the Old and New Testaments.
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Neopesdom

The Bible is a cobbled together book which borrowed heavily from others and thus in any reasonable persons mind should be viewed as a curiosity and nothing else .....

The book of Genesis borrows directly from the epic of Gilgamesh the comparisons confirm this , there are a number of elements that both Gilgamesh and the flood story in Genesis share:

1. God decided to send a worldwide flood. This would drown men, women, children, babies and infants, as well as eliminate all of the land animals and birds.
    2. God knew of one righteous man, Ut-Napishtim or Noah.
    3. God ordered the hero to build a multi-story wooden ark (called a chest or box in the original Hebrew), and the hero initially complained about the assignment to build the boat.
    4. The ark would have many compartments, a single door, be sealed with pitch and would house two of every animal species.
    5. A great rain covered the land with water.
    6. The ark landed on a mountain in the Middle East.
    7. The first two birds returned to the ark. The third bird apparently found dry land because it did not return.
    8. The hero and his family left the ark, ritually killed an animal, offered it as a sacrifice.
    9. The Babylonian gods seemed genuinely sorry for the genocide that they had created. The God of Noah appears to have regretted his actions as well, because he promised never to do it again.

List from wiki 
    Blastcat
    @MayCaesar

>>>I am confused... Have you never heard of Old Testament and New Testament? Those are two principally different versions of the Bible.

It's understandable that you are confused, it's why you are in the quandary that you are in. I thought you were the scientifical one? Your statement, made by no one ever, only demonstrates your lack of seriousness regarding this issue. If you don't want or are incapable of having a serious debate then that's fine. So far you have only been able to offer ignorant comments and opinions without the slightest bit of evidence. If you decide to get serious and want to have a real debate let me know. 

>>>the same version (in the same original language) is widely used in the Muslim world

Why are there over 30 different Arabic Qur’ans?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpsnXMZ5lEE
  • I am an Athiest which means that I don't believe God or God's exist because no one I know has ever met, had a conversation, interacted in anyway with this pseudo entity...  You are free to believe in anything you want Santa Claus , Unicorns, Jesus walking on water, Moses splitting the sea ect... As long as it does not affect my personal liberty.  
    Dee
    I am an Athiest which means that I don't believe God or God's exist because no one I know has ever met, had a conversation, interacted in anyway with this pseudo entity...  You are free to believe in anything you want Santa Claus , Unicorns, Jesus walking on water, Moses splitting the sea ect... As long as it does not affect my personal liberty.  
    What sort of evidence, do you need for God?
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ;  You preach your way, I'll preach my way...
    I have the right to call you out, for being abusive. You are obligated by Jesus, to do unto others. We are all sinners, so we should be gracious to those that need it.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

****** What sort of evidence, do you need for God?

Surely an all powerful god would know what evidence would convince an atheist?

One thing cannot be disputed about your god is the fact if there was a world hide and seek championship he/ she /it would win it hands down 
    Blastcat
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

****** What sort of evidence, do you need for God?

Surely an all powerful god would know what evidence would convince an atheist?

One thing cannot be disputed about your god is the fact if there was a world hide and seek championship he/ she /it would win it hands down 
    Are you going to answer my question? What sort of evidence do you need to be a Christian? What makes sense for you? I am more than willing to discuss this with you, if you meet me, where I'm at. I have been debating since I was 13, and a Christian since I was 15, so I know what it is like, to weigh the evidence. In my opinion, faith and logic can coexist.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought ;

****Are you going to answer my question? 

I just did but I will play 

****What sort of evidence do you need to be a Christian? 

Right , tell Jesus to appear to me at an appointed time and demonstrate turning my tap water into wine then letting me stab him through the heart several times and resurrecting 

****What makes sense for you? 

The above , as in you believe in the miracles of Jesus surely a demonstration is not to much to ask 

****I am more than willing to discuss this with you, if you meet me, where I'm at. 

How do you honestly think that you could convince me a former believer that this nonsense is true 

****I have been debating since I was 13, and a Christian since I was 15, so I know what it is like, to weigh the evidence. In my opinion, faith and logic can coexist.

They cannot as they are total opposites , faith is belief in something without sufficient evidence to do so , it’s based on “spiritual conviction “ and nothing else 
    Blastcat