frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Atheism is an Untenable Psychosis

124»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought ;

****Are you going to answer my question? 

I just did but I will play 

****What sort of evidence do you need to be a Christian? 

Right , tell Jesus to appear to me at an appointed time and demonstrate turning my tap water into wine then letting me stab him through the heart several times and resurrecting 

****What makes sense for you? 

The above , as in you believe in the miracles of Jesus surely a demonstration is not to much to ask 

****I am more than willing to discuss this with you, if you meet me, where I'm at. 

How do you honestly think that you could convince me a former believer that this nonsense is true 

****I have been debating since I was 13, and a Christian since I was 15, so I know what it is like, to weigh the evidence. In my opinion, faith and logic can coexist.

They cannot as they are total opposites , faith is belief in something without sufficient evidence to do so , it’s based on “spiritual conviction “ and nothing else 
    There are no former believers. Biblical Christians, don't forsake Jesus.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

**** There are no former believers. 

Yet a few weeks ago you said you were atheist which made you a former believer 

****Biblical Christians, don't forsake Jesus

Well yiipee for them , that means they’re still ...wait for it......Christians 
    Blastcat
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

**** There are no former believers. 

Yet a few weeks ago you said you were atheist which made you a former believer 

****Biblical Christians, don't forsake Jesus

Well yiipee for them , that means they’re still ...wait for it......Christians 
    I did not mean it. Anything else?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

No , that’s it just proving that I’m a former believer as you once claimed you were .....All done now so you can move on 
    Blastcat
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

No , that’s it just proving that I’m a former believer as you once claimed you were .....All done now so you can move on 
    I will not move on. I did not mean what I said about God. What I do and do not mean, is not for you to decide, end of story.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

*****  I did not mean what I said about God

Right , I’m sure he will forgive you for saying you hated him and for your short term Atheism .....you can move on now 
    Blastcat
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

*****  I did not mean what I said about God

Right , I’m sure he will forgive you for saying you hated him and for your short term Atheism .....you can move on now 
    It's none of your business, and you are off topic. Stop deflecting, or I will mute you. , is not a human right, and neither are lies. My point that I am trying to make, is that faith and logic, can coexist. Stay on topic, or be muted.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

***** It's none of your business,

Well maybe don’t post your “private business” online in future?

***and you are off topic. 

Then so are you 

***Stop deflecting, or I will mute you. 

I haven’t done so ,yet you keep doing it .....Mute away I don’t care 

****, is not a human right, and neither are lies. 

Maybe you should stop doing both so?

****My point that I am trying to make, is that faith and logic, can coexist. 

I know it’s your point , but it’s nonsense as I explained, can you prove otherwise?

***/Stay on topic, or be muted.

Mute away which I guess you will as you get pretty emotional when questioned 
    Blastcat
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

***** It's none of your business,

Well maybe don’t post your “private business” online in future?

***and you are off topic. 

Then so are you 

***Stop deflecting, or I will mute you. 

I haven’t done so ,yet you keep doing it .....Mute away I don’t care 

****, is not a human right, and neither are lies. 

Maybe you should stop doing both so?

****My point that I am trying to make, is that faith and logic, can coexist. 

I know it’s your point , but it’s nonsense as I explained, can you prove otherwise?

***/Stay on topic, or be muted.

Mute away which I guess you will as you get pretty emotional when questioned 
    The only thing I am willing to discuss, is the fact that faith and logic, can coexist. What do you have to say about that?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

**** is the fact that faith and logic, can coexist. What do you have to say about that?

I told you what I had to say about it 4 times now any defence?   BTW it’s the opposite to a fact that they can coexist , can you provide maybe even one example of such? 
    Blastcat
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

**** is the fact that faith and logic, can coexist. What do you have to say about that?

I told you what I had to say about it 4 times now any defence?   BTW it’s the opposite to a fact that they can coexist , can you provide maybe even one example of such? 
    I don't have to prove what is commonly known, but you do have to prove that it is opposite to fact.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @YeshuaBought ;

***** I don't have to prove what is commonly known,

No it’s not “commonly known” that faith and logic can coexist 

****but you do have to prove that it is opposite to fact and logic can coexist except by believers in nonsense 

I didn’t actually but I will play , tell me one credible scientists that bases their findings on faith?  I will wait no doubt for the usual ..........”Hey you don’t own facts “ 

I asked you for just one example and you couldn’t do it why’s that?

Blastcat
    @Dee You are done here. leave me alone.
    Dee