frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Has God ever told you anything?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

**** Prove it:

Ok ...I + T =It 

****Your Atheist messaging is betraying your Atheist ways.

Your  Christian  messaging is betraying your Christian  ways

****Can you debate in a Fair and Equal Atheist manner?

I called you an so I guess that was totally unfair on ......Idiots in general as my revised position is you’re several steps beyond idiocy 

****just as I'm doing in a Fair and Equal Religious Freedom way? 

You have never debated on here you’re just a troll who spends his time hating on atheists 
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @Dee

You're off topic.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Can you debate in a Fair and Equal Atheist manner?

Just as I'm doing in a Fair and Equal Religious Freedom way?  
  • TKDB said:
    @Dee

Can you? Debating can be very enriching. You  should try it sometime.
    Happy_KillbotDeePlaffelvohfen

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    @TKDB

I’ve yet to see you debate on this site all you ever do is troll and even that you do very badly. I’m delighted to see that you and your fellow hate everyone “Christian “ buddy @RickeyD have bonded so well and are in agreement and solidarity when it comes to trolling and hating most everyone who disagrees with your bigoted and narrow world views 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

You're on the Internet to push your Atheist messaging aren't you? 

"Can you? Debating can be very enriching. You  should try it sometime."

I debate in a fair and equal manner, and by the looks of how you carry on Atheist message wise, you've educated me on what an (individuals Atheist oriented debate looks like,) and it's not fair and equal is it? 

Same question to you:

Happy_KillbotZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @TKDB A complaint does not a debate make.

equity is not equality.

Statements should not end in question marks.

Education is an important part of learning.

Good arguments are logically sound.

The internet is free for everyone to say what they please, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone's reputation, provoke violence, or perform illegal activity.

Are there any of these you would disagree with, and if so why?
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Thank you for showing me what your fair and equal Atheist messaging looks like?

And it's not equal, or fair at all, is it?

You diminish participants, who aren't Atheist minded like you, right?

"I’ve yet to see you debate on this site all you ever do is troll and even that you do very badly."

"I’m delighted to see that you and your fellow hate everyone “Christian “ buddy @RickeyD have bonded so well and are in agreement and solidarity when it comes to trolling and hating most everyone who disagrees with your bigoted and narrow world views."

The difference between an Atheist, and everyone else who isn't Non Religious oriented, is that some of the Atheist go after God, Jesus, the Bible, and those who are Religious Freedom oriented, because that's how some Atheists, and their Atheist messaging looks like.

Is any Atheist on the internet, capable of being fair and equal when it comes to debating the non Atheist individuals?

So far the answer is a resounding No.

"Has God ever told you anything?"

Sure God has told Humanity anything.

God, and Jesus, have said plenty, via the Bible.

But along comes the internet, and some of the Atheists, have utilized that very platform, to tell Humanity, plenty of anything as well. 
    @Happy_Killbot

My answer to your Atheist messaging:

The difference between an Atheist, and everyone else who isn't Non Religious oriented, is that some of the Atheist go after God, Jesus, the Bible, and those who are Religious Freedom oriented, because that's how some Atheists, and their Atheist messaging looks like.

Is any Atheist on the internet, capable of being fair and equal when it comes to debating the non Atheist individuals?

So far the answer is a resounding No.

Sure God has told Humanity anything.

God, and Jesus, have said plenty, via the Bible.

But along comes the internet, and some of the Atheists, have utilized that very platform, to tell Humanity, plenty of anything as well.  

"A complaint does not a debate make.
    equity is not equality.
    Statements should not end in question marks.
    Education is an important part of learning.
    Good arguments are logically sound.
    The internet is free for everyone to say what they please, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone's reputation, provoke violence, or perform illegal activity.
    Are there any of these you would disagree with, and if so why?"

@Happy_Killbot

The non Atheist individuals, should take note, in how you spread your Atheist philosophizing, via your Atheist messaging. 

Happy_Killbot
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @TKDB Thanks for not answering the question.

It seems you have this sense of entitlement, like you think that somehow "Fair and equal" means "I get to have my way and never be told anything I disagree with"

If I want to ask: "Does god like to rape babies to death?" That is a perfectly fair question to ask. If I instead ask "does <specific person> also do this" that isn't a fair question.

Everyone should come to the side of reason and reject ancient lies.

You don't want to debate these things because you know I'm right, don't you? You don't want to look like you know nothing ( you already have ) so you just get all hurt and complain about it.

So in the words of Harry S. Truman: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Recently @Plaffelvohfen kindly sent you a Butt Hurt form to fill out so we could address your Butt Hurt issues.

I’m taking your complaint quiet seriously and please with utmost haste fill out this Butt Hurt report so we can send it onto head office to deal with , I realise your Butt Hurt is so great you probably are unable to do so at the moment maybe your carer /minder could assist you with that , I’ve posted on a massive box of tissues as obviously being a cry baby you’ve shed a lot of tears ......

PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbot
  • TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

I cannot push something that I am without. I no longer like the word Atheist. So forget about me being an Atheist and just know that I am a person who does not follow a theistic religion and is without any belief in any theistic God.

Since I have no beliefs, to begin with, then how can I push something that I am without?
    TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

"Can you? Debating can be very enriching. You  should try it sometime."

I debate in a fair and equal manner, and by the looks of how you carry on Atheist message wise, you've educated me on what an (individuals Atheist oriented debate looks like,) and it's not fair and equal is it? 

Same question to you:

The advantage that one has as a non-follower of any religion is that they get to view a variety of different religions in a completely fair, equal and objective manner. They get to see different cultures. They get to explore the history of all different kinds of religions, how they came to be, how the scriptures came to be, get to explore a plethora of all different kinds of fascinating religious stories from a wide variety of religions across the globe.

Since one is without belief they have an advantage from the get-go at seeing many things across the globe as they are and thus they get to be able to debate in an equal and openminded manner, as opposed to someone fulled with strong beliefs with strong attachments to them; a person with a completely closed mind.

There are however religious people who are comfortable enough in their own skin to be able to open themselves up to other religions, and other people with no religious beliefs; and they can do this in a fair and equal openminded manner. I have had the fortune to have such discussions with some religious people online and offline. I have also had the fortune to witness some great talks by some great religious people such as the Dalai Lama for instance.

And if you want to know what a fair equal debater is from a religious person then I highly recommend you read or watch some of the Dalai Lama's stuff. Oh yeah, that's another thing about some of us non-religious folks; we can look at other religions and religious people and can actually find something of value in some of them! 

So the real question is can you debate in a fair, and equal openminded manner?
    Happy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenDee

@ZeusAres42

, again, I am not the Subject, or the theme of this specific forum.

This is the theme:

"There have been countless individuals who make the claim that their god has revealed to them some sacred truth or secret. There is a long list of people who claim to be the second coming of Jesus.

On some occasions this has lead to murder."

Can you show the Public, where you're basing your argument in regards to me, can be found, in the above information, to legitimize your argument, in regards to me? 

@ZeusAres42.

Here's your argument:

"I cannot push something that I am without. I no longer like the word Atheist. So forget about me being an Atheist and just know that I am a person who does not follow a theistic religion and is without any belief in any theistic God.

Since I have no beliefs, to begin with, then how can I push something that I am without? 

The advantage that one has as a non-follower of any religion is that they get to view a variety of different religions in a completely fair, equal and objective manner. They get to see different cultures. They get to explore the history of all different kinds of religions, how they came to be, how the scriptures came to be, get to explore a plethora of all different kinds of fascinating religious stories from a wide variety of religions across the globe.

Since one is without belief they have an advantage from the get-go at seeing many things across the globe as they are and thus they get to be able to debate in an equal and openminded manner, as opposed to someone fulled with strong beliefs with strong attachments to them; a person with a completely closed mind.

There are however religious people who are comfortable enough in their own skin to be able to open themselves up to other religions, and other people with no religious beliefs; and they can do this in a fair and equal openminded manner. I have had the fortune to have such discussions with some religious people online and offline. I have also had the fortune to witness some great talks by some great religious people such as the Dalai Lama for instance.

And if you want to know what a fair equal debater is from a religious person then I highly recommend you read or watch some of the Dalai Lama's stuff. Oh yeah, that's another thing about some of us non-religious folks; we can look at other religions and religious people and can actually find something of value in some of them! 

So the real question is can you debate in a fair, and equal openminded manner?"

@ZeusAres42, have a good day.
  • TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

, again, I am not the Subject, or the theme of this specific forum.

This is the theme:

You're off topic:

"And if you want to know what a fair equal debater is from a religious person then I highly recommend you read or watch some of the Dalai Lama's stuff. Oh yeah, that's another thing about some of us non-religious folks; we can look at other religions and religious people and can actually find something of value in some of them! 

So the real question is can you debate in a fair, and equal open minded manner? "

Have a good day ZA.
    Well, as pointed out before, if you ask someone else a question and thus kind of make them a subject you also inevitably in a way become apart of the subject too. This debate is about religion and God; the question is kind of rhetorical. The content of the OP's argument goes a lot more than just what the title says.

Also, since my response to you was just a mere reply to your question then you do realize that by saying I am off-topic in my answer, you're also admitting that you were off-topic by asking a question to me in the first place?

So perhaps we can get on now with the actual topic?
    PlaffelvohfenHappy_KillbotDee

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

I view your below answer, as a non Religious settled statement.

Here's your argument:

"I cannot push something that I am without. I no longer like the word Atheist. So forget about me being an Atheist and just know that I am a person who does not follow a theistic religion and is without any belief in any theistic God.

Since one is without belief they have an advantage from the get-go at seeing many things across the globe as they are and thus they get to be able to debate in an equal and openminded manner, as opposed to someone fulled with strong beliefs with strong attachments to them; a person with a completely closed mind.

There are however religious people who are comfortable enough in their own skin to be able to open themselves up to other religions, and other people with no religious beliefs; and they can do this in a fair and equal openminded manner. I have had the fortune to have such discussions with some religious people online and offline. I have also had the fortune to witness some great talks by some great religious people such as the Dalai Lama for instance.

So the real question is can you debate in a fair, and equal openminded manner?" 

@ZeusAres42

I am an open minded, fair, equal, and a non Religious oriented conversationalist.

(Being that I'm pro Atheist, pro Religious Freedom, pro Family, and pro Community oriented.)
    And I'm all of the above, as long as none of the above, are infringing on the Rights of others.

And I'm pro God, Jesus, and the Bible, because neither God, or Jesus, that I've yet to see any evidence to the contrary, have infringed on the Rights of any Atheist individuals, or the Rights of the Religious Freedom individuals either?

Nor have I seen any evidence, where the Bible itself, has infringed on the Rights, of any Atheist individuals, or the Rights of the Religious Freedom individuals either?

@ZeusAres42 those are my positions.

ZeusAres42